Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best In The South
This poll is closed.
Atlanta Falcons 33 16.92%
Carolina Panthers 42 21.54%
New Orleans Saints 42 21.54%
Tampa Bay Buccaneers 17 8.72%
You All Suck 61 31.28%
Total: 195 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

At least our new owner isn't scared to take pictures with random black dudes.

https://twitter.com/kcurry101/status/1021923919908007936?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

He got dem big white football mans guts.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

do we get to retroactively declare it the Richardson Curse if the Panthers have back-to-back winning seasons immediately after Richardson sold the team

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
The replies. :hai:

https://twitter.com/BuckFOX5/status/1021917061151371264

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Catching shade for this abomination is the most correct thing the internet has done in a long time.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

That was p good

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

That good ratio :discourse:

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

I hope when my kids are 10 they have long time screensavers too. Everyone knows if a 10 year old right now has a picture of anything it's either Fortnite or Minecraft

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
I feel like this division has the best chance to go to a super bowl out of any in football, between the Saints and the Falcons. I'm expecting a lot from their games together as well

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

Play posted:

I feel like this division has the best chance to go to a super bowl out of any in football, between the Saints and the Falcons. I'm expecting a lot from their games together as well

The first rule of the NFC South is that the real team to go deep in the playoffs is the opposite of what you pick in the preseason.

Except the Bucs.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

waah posted:

The first rule of the NFC South is that the real team to go deep in the playoffs is the opposite of what you pick in the preseason.

Except the Bucs.

This is solid logic. So I'm assuming the loving Panthers are gonna bullshit their way to 12 wins this year.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

I wouldn't be surprised at all if the Panthers went to the playoffs, and the Bucs getting a wildcard seems unlikely but definitely not beyond the realm of possibility. My main point is just that it's a pretty good division this year and I'm excited for it.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

wandler20 posted:

This is solid logic. So I'm assuming the loving Panthers are gonna bullshit their way to 12 wins this year.

no that was last year, this year they're gonna win like 7 games tops

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

kidcoelacanth posted:

That good ratio :discourse:

What's this mean? I'm twitter dumb. I see there's more comments than likes but what does that mean? I assume that since there's more comments than likes that whoever posted whatever is likely getting poo poo on?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Joey Freshwater posted:

What's this mean? I'm twitter dumb. I see there's more comments than likes but what does that mean? I assume that since there's more comments than likes that whoever posted whatever is likely getting poo poo on?

yeah thats the gist of The Ratio.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Falcons caved quickly. Good for Julio.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

wandler20 posted:

Falcons caved quickly. Good for Julio.

Seems more like Julio caved. They're going to redo his deal next year. He still has no guaranteed money, but hey... at least this means they're gonna lock him up probly until he's Andre Johnson'ed himself (wasting his career playing for a loser) and then plays for the Saints for a year and is just kinda there.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Zach Strief was officially announced as Jim Henderson's replacement as the play-by-play announcer for the Saints. So with Deuce as the color analyst guy, we've got two former Saints who played together as our home announcing team with drunk uncle Bobby Hebert still having his talk show.

Never heard of a former player getting the main play-by-play gig right after he retired, but I hope he does a hell of a job and is a pure homer with calls.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Silly Burrito posted:

Zach Strief was officially announced as Jim Henderson's replacement as the play-by-play announcer for the Saints. So with Deuce as the color analyst guy, we've got two former Saints who played together as our home announcing team with drunk uncle Bobby Hebert still having his talk show.

Never heard of a former player getting the main play-by-play gig right after he retired, but I hope he does a hell of a job and is a pure homer with calls.

He must really be good on the mic to get that so fast. Cool.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
lol

https://twitter.com/AtlantaFalcons/status/1022486644153352194

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Jameis is practicing with the third stringers...

https://twitter.com/JoeBucsFan/status/1022486245186985984

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

:discourse:

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

wandler20 posted:

Jameis is practicing with the third stringers...

https://twitter.com/JoeBucsFan/status/1022486245186985984

I hope he’s out of the league after this year

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

GobiasIndustries posted:

I hope he’s out of the league after this year

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
https://twitter.com/mortreport/status/1022854152131694592

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1022844030898630658

wandler20 fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Jul 27, 2018

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuckin' shades of Sam Baker... He's not a top three tackle by any metric.

What I'm sayin' is, if you've got a consensus top 5 tackle comin' up for a new contract soon, get ready to shell it out, because setting the bar for a middle-pack tackle at this money is gonna fuckin' wreck the market next year.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Silly Burrito posted:

drat I'm gonna have to tune in.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Excellent! Grady is next!

Glad they locked Jake up.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

weird Asian candy posted:

Excellent! Grady is next!

Glad they locked Jake up.

I mean, same, but... yeeeeeeeesh, I have fever dreams of Jake just turning to poo poo after this.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Chilichimp posted:

I mean, same, but... yeeeeeeeesh, I have fever dreams of Jake just turning to poo poo after this.

Nah man, Jake is solid. He is no elite stud lt or anything, but he is a totally solid and reliable nfl caliber lt. He rated better than Lewan and Solder last year and that was with the line being all beat up. I'm good with this, he is an important piece and in a couple years he will be nowhere near top 3 paid tackles. imo, it would be a huge risk to try and let him walk and find a better replacement through draft because if we had to get one in FA next year it would have been primo $$$.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

weird Asian candy posted:

Nah man, Jake is solid. He is no elite stud lt or anything, but he is a totally solid and reliable nfl caliber lt. He rated better than Lewan and Solder last year and that was with the line being all beat up. I'm good with this, he is an important piece and in a couple years he will be nowhere near top 3 paid tackles. imo, it would be a huge risk to try and let him walk and find a better replacement through draft because if we had to get one in FA next year it would have been primo $$$.

Yeah, I didnt think we had a choice, but *sucks air through teeth* please don't Baker this up!

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Chilichimp posted:

Yeah, I didnt think we had a choice, but *sucks air through teeth* please don't Baker this up!

lol I know the name sends shivers down by spine but Jake has missed 1 game his entire career. At this point Baker had already missed like an entire seasons worth of games.

*knocks on wood*

*rubs rabbit foot*

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
I can't wait to see how badly the Bucs overpay Donovan Smith.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

matthews is whatever. every nfl contract is stupid now.

baker had stenosis in his spine, was a converted guard, and still played like three more years than he should have been able to. also not a first round talent but there was a run on tackles at the end of the first in 08.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

No new money for you Julio, we gave it all to Jake.

(Yeah, I realize they just shuffled his numbers around.)

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Is the Julio restructuring giving him guaranteed money? That was the problem wasn't it, that this year he wouldn't have any guaranteed money tied into his contract?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Joey Freshwater posted:

Is the Julio restructuring giving him guaranteed money? That was the problem wasn't it, that this year he wouldn't have any guaranteed money tied into his contract?

They gave him an extra 3 mil to keep his mouth shut and kick the can.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

My QB is so handsome and smart

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007