Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

Semper Fudge posted:

Her design is horny as gently caress, but it at least looks cool and is not something like Ivy from Soul Calibur which is simultaneously embarrassingly horny and also awful to look at.

Frankly I wish they had toned down her alt-skin, since it's really cool thematically but they had to up the ante with some underboob to sell a couple extra skins.

I have no shame from admitting I enjoy the horny base skin, but yeah that star skin could've been much different/better.

Also like other people are saying "dat hat tho".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
who called it the scarlet monastery and not chapeau trap house

Semper Fudge
Feb 19, 2009

Pitchfork was wrong. (f)lowers of Algerbong is crap.

Dire Human posted:

Oh hey, at least one of my calls was right

Interesting warcraft priests like uh

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Semper Fudge posted:

Velen's pretty cool and holy spec is still available

Semper Fudge
Feb 19, 2009

Does Velen do something really memorable and noteworthy in Legion? Because the sudden surge of love for this character is confusing after a decade of memes about how he's trapped in the purgatory of a level 10 zone and how he wasn't even relevant in the expansion that he was introduced in.

Cephas
May 11, 2009

Humanity's real enemy is me!
Hya hya foowah!
Wholesome friendly forsaken Holy priest imo. Make one up like with Blaze.

Dire Human
Feb 1, 2013

AH-HA! That's right...

Who's laughing now?

Who's laughing now?

Semper Fudge posted:

Anduin Wrynn, current King of Stormwind and one of the faces on the box of the new WoW expansion

Semper Fudge posted:

Does Velen do something really memorable and noteworthy in Legion? Because the sudden surge of love for this character is confusing after a decade of memes about how he's trapped in the purgatory of a level 10 zone and how he wasn't even relevant in the expansion that he was introduced in.

Yes? He was the center of a massive year-long story that just wrapped up in Legion about him fighting back against Kil’jaeden, retaking Argus, confronting his past mistakes, and finally sealing away Sargeras

If you want to keep the gender, how about Moira Thaurissan, who recently got a comic issue about lore figures and is now a big player in bringing the Dark Iron Dwarves into the Alliance?

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

The word "interesting" disqualifies Anduin.

Zhulik
Nov 14, 2012

The Montreal Star
They also had to turn him into a paladin for the new expansion precisely because priests are dishwater dull.

edit: Seriously, the wow priest identity is "paladin but without armor or weapons". It's the green mario luigi to paladin's mario.

Zhulik fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Jul 27, 2018

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

He's not a paladin, he's a priest who wears plate armour and wield a sword. :downs:

ShortStack
Jan 16, 2006

tinystax
No more Wrynns. Also delete Varian and permaban anyone who has him above level 5.

Semper Fudge
Feb 19, 2009

Zhulik posted:

They also had to turn him into a paladin for the new expansion precisely because priests are dishwater dull.

edit: Seriously, the wow priest identity is "paladin but without armor or weapons". It's the green mario luigi to paladin's mario.

Let's not insult Luigi like this okay

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
I saw a suggestion that Anduin should take after his dad and be a multiclass Hero. He could be a Support or Assassin using Holy or Shadow spec.

bio347
Oct 29, 2012

HitTheTargets posted:

I saw a suggestion that Anduin should take after his dad and be a multiclass Hero. He could be a Support or Assassin using Holy or Shadow spec.
While it might make sense for the character (spoilers: it doesn't, the only time Anduin does Shadow stuff is in Hearthstone), this is just a really bad idea. I do not need in my life the Varian+Anduin duo-queues both going DPS.

Dire Human
Feb 1, 2013

AH-HA! That's right...

Who's laughing now?

Who's laughing now?

Zhulik posted:

Not to mention that scenario where the Paladins come bail you out during your own Class Hall campaign, complete with a typo calling you Highlord instead of High Priest.

...Did that ever get fixed? I feel like it didn’t get fixed.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Semper Fudge posted:

Do you know what Legion is about

Semper Fudge
Feb 19, 2009

You'll forgive me if I have a hard time believing that the story in Legion is

A) Good

B) Manages to rehabilitate a serially boring character

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

ShortStack posted:

No more Wrynns. Also delete Varian and permaban anyone who has him above level 5.

RRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHH

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Semper Fudge posted:

A) Good

Legion's story is good..

Solely where it pertains to Suramar. The rest is garbo.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Semper Fudge posted:

A) Good

I mean you specifically asked if Velen had done something noteworthy in Legion :shrug:

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

I am extremely interested in the Goon Cliffnotes version of why Legion made Velen important.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Kith posted:

I am extremely interested in the Goon Cliffnotes version of why Legion made Velen important.

The Burning Legion is Velen's like #1 enemy
Burning Legion attacks with like 1000 space ships
Velen builds a space ship and you and Velen fly to another planet
You and Velen defeat the Burning Legion

Illidan and Maiev guest star but they don't even kiss so who cares

Macaluso fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Jul 28, 2018

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Kith posted:

He doubles all healing and spell damage output, enabling many one turn kill combos.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I don't know why you'd give a character whitemane's outfit then give her valeera's build and narrow torso. It makes the tabard too narrow and looks awkward wiggling all over the place, and it makes her look like a bunch of limbs running across the map given how high the contrast between torso and her legs/arms is. The gem skin looks like it has more hips, maybe that's their plan?

No Wave fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Jul 28, 2018

Barbobot
Apr 29, 2005
Looking to get some levels on Cho'gall and none of the chat channels in game have landed me a buddy. I've never played either so I'll most likely be terrible. Macbeth678 #1188

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

You didn't say which channels you tried. /reddit is filled to the brim with peeps doing random game modes, and ironically so is /ranked and /heroleague. I think there's also a /chogall?

Also /sagoons, wait for a few minutes for goons to get out of games and you'll likely find takers during prime time

BrianBoitano fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Jul 28, 2018

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Wait, is SAgoons no longer the goon hangout of choice?

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
Oh no another HGC team has been tricked into running Chogall

edit:pretty much exact same result as last time

Midnightghoul fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Jul 28, 2018

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Well Whitemane is severely disappointing. I maintain that Arise my Champion as an ultimate didn’t need to be a rez it could have been summon the other guy in her fight. Something like stun/sleep target area and he pops up in the middle ready to protect his Inquisitor.

This is the same stupid nonsense as Garrosh and I have the same problem. We lose any potential for these characters to have unique and clever designs referencing what they actually do for boring generic but functional designs that are unrelated to the character besides being of the same class.

Heck replace the animation on the second ult with Mograine dashing around hitting people in the area and it’d Be fine.

Lord_Magmar fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Jul 28, 2018

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

SirSamVimes posted:

Wait, is SAgoons no longer the goon hangout of choice?

Yeah we're all hanging out without you.

No I'm dumb and tiredposting. It's still sagoons. Sorry!

Cavelcade
Dec 9, 2015

I'm actually a boy!

Midnightghoul posted:

Oh no another HGC team has been tricked into running Chogall

edit:pretty much exact same result as last time

Tell me more.

bio347
Oct 29, 2012

Cavelcade posted:

Tell me more.
They lost rather badly.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
It feels like both Cho and Gall are pretty underpowered in the current state of the game, I am not sure why they have gotten run twice when each time they've looked awful

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Midnightghoul posted:

It feels like both Cho and Gall are pretty underpowered in the current state of the game, I am not sure why they have gotten run twice when each time they've looked awful

They're incredibly easily countered, mostly

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Lord_Magmar posted:

Well Whitemane is severely disappointing. I maintain that Arise my Champion as an ultimate didn’t need to be a rez it could have been summon the other guy in her fight. Something like stun/sleep target area and he pops up in the middle ready to protect his Inquisitor.

This is the same stupid nonsense as Garrosh and I have the same problem. We lose any potential for these characters to have unique and clever designs referencing what they actually do for boring generic but functional designs that are unrelated to the character besides being of the same class.

It's that type of griping that will get us HotS Original Characters because they can't fail to meet community expectations :ohdear:

They have done good work with conversions lately and while I don't know jack about WoW I hope they can have the same success as Deckard and Fenix again soon.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

BrianBoitano posted:

It's that type of griping that will get us HotS Original Characters because they can't fail to meet community expectations :ohdear:

They have done good work with conversions lately and while I don't know jack about WoW I hope they can have the same success as Deckard and Fenix again soon.

I agree with the spoiler, it’s just Garrosh and Whitemain are uniquely disappointing, Garrosh moreso. Whitemain’s big iconic moment is literally resurrecting her champion in the middle of a fight to protect her, and this kit has 0 of that. It could even just be that the damage ult is animated with a scarlet crusade Paladin dashing all over to hit enemies and it would work.

Garrosh is worse because his actual WOW character was being the Orc who supported heavy industrialisation of warfare, and the only one who drank the heart of an Old God and remained in control of himself.

Noah
May 31, 2011

Come at me baby bitch

Kith posted:

Wow, that model, uh... doesn't look very much like the art. Like, at all. Model!Whitemane lost a few pounds in prep for the spotlight, I see.

Let The Killing Begin can be procced off of ANY kill, not just Heroes, and it refreshes every time you attack. It is not that hard to obtain and maintain 8 stacks in preparation for a teamfight, especially if you're near a lane or on a map that has objective minions (such as Infernal Shrines or Haunted Mines).

That said, the Mage'jin main I pulled replays from is Master in HL. Not only does he know what he's talking about, but his opponents know what they're doing - it's not just a question of "aim better". In his words: "It's better to go for a non-optimal poke for more damage on Arcanite than try for the damage bonus of Wrong Place and gently caress up your positioning. Twin Cleave is for poke and zoning. If you want to blow someone up, use Guillo."

I disagree, but I understand the sentiment. Also watching ZJ players like Dunktrain rip 300+ stacks in a game, especially with Wrong Place, Wrong Time, I feel it gets more value. Though that can also be very map dependent. Do infernal shrine monkeys count? Maps with objectives off of lanes like BoE, Towers of Doom, or circumstantially Volskaya / Alterac there's no question WPWT should be your go-to.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Noah posted:

I disagree, but I understand the sentiment. Also watching ZJ players like Dunktrain rip 300+ stacks in a game, especially with Wrong Place, Wrong Time, I feel it gets more value.
It only gets value if you nail someone at either apex, and even then it's only 90% base damage being applied. I'd be a much bigger fan if it took Arcanite Axes stacks into account, but it doesn't, so I can't help but feel that it's not that impressive by comparison.

quote:

Though that can also be very map dependent. Do infernal shrine monkeys count? Maps with objectives off of lanes like BoE, Towers of Doom, or circumstantially Volskaya / Alterac there's no question WPWT should be your go-to.
Everything that isn't explicitly defined as a structure counts, so Infernal Shrine gribblies are 100% valid.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.

Lord_Magmar posted:

I agree with the spoiler, it’s just Garrosh and Whitemain are uniquely disappointing, Garrosh moreso. Whitemain’s big iconic moment is literally resurrecting her champion in the middle of a fight to protect her, and this kit has 0 of that. It could even just be that the damage ult is animated with a scarlet crusade Paladin dashing all over to hit enemies and it would work.

Garrosh is worse because his actual WOW character was being the Orc who supported heavy industrialisation of warfare, and the only one who drank the heart of an Old God and remained in control of himself.

I'm not bothered, per se, by bottom up designs, especially when they have dozens of new heroes they could make from WoW alone. But it's super weird that they didn't try to find comparable abilities and reuse the names. Whitemane has Zeal, Disc Priests in Wow have Atonement. Basically 1-for-1 the same thing. Zeal fits Whitemane better, sure, but this is clearly bottom up design so make it Moira the Dwarf Queen instead.

Basically I have the exact opposite problem Lord_Magmar does.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
they should be balancing around pro play but if they buff chogall just a bit he will poo poo on qm so badly that you will swear you were already sent to the hell you so rightly deserve