Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

corn on the cop posted:

taken last round. please cross-check with the spreadsheet before you pick tyvm

No.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Devin shore .

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

Continuing to pick young talent that seems good in small samples the Sharks select Anthony Cirelli, a hard working two way penalty killing center that made the Lightning at the age of 20.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Technetium posted:

Continuing to pick young talent that seems good in small samples the Sharks select Anthony Cirelli, a hard working two way penalty killing center that made the Lightning at the age of 20.

I like him

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Caroline is still avoiding the prospects, and instead selects Justin Braun.

In real life he's Vlasic's steady defensive partner and coming off a career high 33 point season. He regularly plays 20+ minutes / night, and while his possession numbers are kind of poo poo, he's deployed in extreme defensive situations. I expect him to play in a lesser role for Carolina, providing insulation for Zadorov and Edmundson. I don't expect a repeat of the points, but a solid 20 points from the 4/5 spot would be fine.

He makes 3.8m for another two years, which is pretty reasonable all things considered.

Guentzel - O’Reilly - Laine
Vrana - Trochek - Puljujarvi
Hudon - Koivu -

Suter - Edmundson
Yandle - Braun
Zadorov

Quick

This team is older than I planned it to be. 3-4 years of peak Guentzel / ROR / Trochek as you play out the old D value, and then probably a pretty hard reboot. Puljujarvi, Vrana, and Laine will still be in their peak years at that point, but we'd need to draft and trade well (and pick good prospects with the remaining selections) if there was to be any kind of longer window.

I have a sneaking suspicion I've created the St. Louis Blues though. Decent / good all-around but not enough gamebreaking talent.

Jordan7hm fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Jul 28, 2018

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
Vancouver completes their top-4 by welcoming Stanley Cup Champion Michal Kempny to the lineup. He's a sound second-pairing defenseman and a heavy shooter who helped solidify Washington's defense.

Panarin - Backlund - Rakell
Silfverberg - Granlund - Andrighetto
Lindblom - Johansson - Sprong

Klefbom - Klingberg
Kempny - Stralman

Varlamov

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Jordan7hm posted:

This team is older than I planned it to be. 3-4 years of peak Guentzel / ROR / Trochek as you play out the old D value, and then probably a pretty hard reboot. Puljujarvi, Vrana, and Laine will still be in their peak years at that point, but we'd need to draft and trade well (and pick good prospects with the remaining selections) if there was to be any kind of longer window.

I have a sneaking suspicion I've created the St. Louis Blues though. Decent / good all-around but not enough gamebreaking talent.

I'd say you're closer to the ducks with better goaltending. Good goal-scoring talent and a defense that is adequate but overrated. I think it's a playoff team with the possibility to go the distance depending on how your wings develop/your depth shakes out.
Quick would have his work cut out for him, too - especially as Suter and Yandle get older.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

I'd say you're closer to the ducks with better goaltending. Good goal-scoring talent and a defense that is adequate but overrated. I think it's a playoff team with the possibility to go the distance depending on how your wings develop/your depth shakes out.
Quick would have his work cut out for him, too - especially as Suter and Yandle get older.

Yeah the goaltending is not very solid long term. Quick was significantly better this past year than I thought, but I'd want a decent backup and prospect coming up the rear. I doubt I'll pick a goalie prospect, so that one will have to be imaginary.

I think we underestimate how good guys like Suter and Yandle can be as they age. I could easily see Suter in particular playing into his 40s and still being effective. More likely Quick becomes the issue.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
I'd be interested in what people think of my team (Boston) so far, because I'm not thrilled with it but I don't think it's awful either.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Jamwad Hilder posted:

I'd be interested in what people think of my team (Boston) so far, because I'm not thrilled with it but I don't think it's awful either.

Your forwards are really good but your D and Goalie are suspect. Schneider hasn't been a game-changer for like 3 seasons now and while Carlo and Nutivaara may be top-4 defensemen someday I don't think it's next season. Krug and Theodore are very legit though so I'd focus on finding a good veteran D to bump those two down a line and you're in good shape.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I think your team is really weak down the middle, and I don't love your RD. In general the team looks like it's going to be playing pretty hard on its toes, and will struggle defensively when things go the other way. Schneider is real good though.

Kuz and Marner are the two guys you've got who I really love, especially together, but the rest I'm kind of meh about. I think I'd probably be playing a lot with the lineup on that one.

e: Carlo is unquestionably a top 4 defenseman already, and he has been since he came into the league at 19. He's just not a very good one when he's not stapled to Chara.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Next up:
Boomer The Cannon (until 11:37 AM EST)
tofes
eXXon
stab
fawning deference

Skipped:
a false (x1)

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Interesting, I think Kuznetsov/Stastny/Spooner is a solid 1-3 combo for center. Maybe not the best, but not weak.

Schneider was a mistake, but oh well.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Jamwad Hilder posted:

Interesting, I think Kuznetsov/Stastny/Spooner is a solid 1-3 combo for center. Maybe not the best, but not weak.

Schneider was a mistake, but oh well.

I like your centers. I'd think about swapping one of Oshie or JVR to the top line just to balance your sniper/playmaker/grinder dynamic a bit but that's just my preference.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Yeah I was thinking the same but Marner/Kuznetsov is hard to break up and I don't think a Patches/JVR swap is much more than a lateral move.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
I akin my European squad to a slightly better Columbus, right down to Artemi Panarin being the lone elite forward and the two dynamic defensemen in the back-end.

There's unfortunately only one true center on the squad (all you dicks loaded up early), and I had to mix things up by going big on wings. I like the depth but the lack of another prime scoring option probably sends these boys to a second-round exit.

The other thing you realize is that there are approximately a dozen European RHD in the league and about five of them are good players.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

corn on the cop posted:

I akin my European squad to a slightly better Columbus, right down to Artemi Panarin being the lone elite forward and the two dynamic defensemen in the back-end.

There's unfortunately only one true center on the squad (all you dicks loaded up early), and I had to mix things up by going big on wings. I like the depth but the lack of another prime scoring option probably sends these boys to a second-round exit.

The other thing you realize is that there are approximately a dozen European RHD in the league and about five of them are good players.

One thing I've learned in this draft in general is that it seems like right-handed shots are fewer and generally lesser than lefties.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky
Karlsson, Klingberg, Stralman, Vatanen, Larsson. It gets extraordinarily ugly after that.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
I've always thought its weird how rare the RHD is.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It’s because righties are taught to play left handed in high level hockey, and actual left handed people who would play righty don’t make it to the NHL often because they are killed in improper handling of right handed chainsaw incidents.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Handedness is massively overrated for D and most top pairs in the league run 2 lefties, so who gives a poo poo.

(says a guy who took 5 LHD)

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high
Does my team get the awesome rating or what

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

stab posted:

Does my team get the awesome rating or what

Post your lines

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
Lol at whoever ended up with Tom Wilson.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

Lol like i even remember at this point

Domi Stamkos gallagher
Debrusk Teurovainen Little
Jost zacha

Pietrangelo hanifin
Ristolainen weber

Carey loving price

Team speed.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

If Stammer goes down, that offense is gonna struggle mightily

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

I saw 20 replies and thought this thing was moving along but it's just a bunch of jokers in here posting their lines!

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Reminder, since it's gotten buried:

Kilza posted:

Next up:
Boomer The Cannon (until 11:37 AM EST)
tofes
eXXon
stab
fawning deference

Skipped:
a false (x1)

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

#1 Milpitas Dave and Buster's superfan since 2013
fart

stab
Feb 12, 2003

fawning deference posted:

If Stammer goes down, that offense is gonna struggle mightily

Thats ok cause im gonna win every game 2-1 with that defense and price

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

stab posted:

Thats ok cause im gonna win every game 2-1 with that defense and price

What defense

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

It doesnt matter what your lines are the New Jersey Devils are going to win the 2013 Stanley Cup.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

Technetium posted:

What defense

Ive got two franchise D's and two othrr guys that can be considered top 2 (maybe top four if you hate risto)

Compare it to what the actual Habs trot out lol

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

I do hate Risto and Weber had his leg amputated

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Winnipeg takes Tyler Bertuzzi. He should be a regular with Detroit this year, and projects as a cheap Nyquist.

Ergo Propter Hog
Jul 21, 2014

What do u guys think about my team

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Mamma Lucia posted:

What do u guys think about my team

I think the Colorado Avalanche will win the Stanley Cup!

e: tofes skipped

Next up:
eXXon (until 2 PM EST)
stab
fawning deference
ThinkTank
Thufir

Skipped:
a false (x1)
tofes (x1)

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

tofes is slow and skipped. I'm taking young third line center and actual good Canucks pick Jared McCann. He's fast, defensively sound, and has good 5v5 scoring rates even though he shot 6%. He's also terrible at faceoffs and will have some competition in Florida next season so maybe he'll wind up on LW instead.

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

#1 Milpitas Dave and Buster's superfan since 2013
the golden knights could use a goalie so they select Thatcher Demko who is definitely ready for the NHL

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

stabby mcstabberson selects Marco Scandella.