Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
al-azad
May 28, 2009

Congratulations Wario, you got me to like bowser jr.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

corn in the bible posted:

Which one is this?

mr driller ace: strange bacteria

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

This rules and there are good avatars in there

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Hwhaaaat????

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
I'm bored of my games. I've played these a lot but need something new.

Starcraft 2
Diablo 3
Battlefield 4
Path of exile
Warframe
WoW
Destiny 2

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Overwatch would be next for that list

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Jay Rust posted:

Overwatch would be next for that list

Lol yeah

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Check out Assasin's Creed 1 through 17.

Firgof
Dec 27, 2009

The Librarian is pure.
Former Star Ruler 2 Dev.

cowofwar posted:

Starcraft 2
Diablo 3
Battlefield 4
Path of exile
Warframe
WoW
Destiny 2

Well, Star Ruler 2 was literally just released a few days ago as an open source project if you're open to Space-themed 4X/RTS hybrids that play a little like a boardgame (e.g. it has card-based stuff and timer features like WF's card-and-time-based elements).

al-azad
May 28, 2009

I don't remember this part of the marching scene in final fantasy 7

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
I logged in to Destiny 2 and it seems abandoned. Are there any good co-op games where you can just drop in and kill poo poo with peeps (preferably matchmaking)?

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

cowofwar posted:

I logged in to Destiny 2 and it seems abandoned. Are there any good co-op games where you can just drop in and kill poo poo with peeps (preferably matchmaking)?

splatoon 2

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Splatoon 2!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Looper posted:

splatoon 2

Nice job

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

cowofwar posted:

I can't say it's great, but Raiders of the Broken Planet at least has the price tag of free* and is matchmaking based with short missions. The way it handles ammo is also kind of interesting.

*Pretty limited base campaign, the others are :10bux:. It is apparently going fully free to play sooner or later.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
Bad news for the thread: I now have not only played, but have beaten, Tattoo Assassins. I would say how did that game ever get released, but uh... cancelled for “quality concerns” was exactly the fate it deserved, god drat.

However! It has this fantastically dumb looking shark in the background of the one level and I love him. :allears:

Look at that little doofus. :3:

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

cowofwar posted:

Starcraft 2
Diablo 3
Battlefield 4
Path of exile
Warframe
WoW
Destiny 2

Those are all incredibly samey, but if you just want another one with a different coat of paint, The Division?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

cowofwar posted:

Starcraft 2
Diablo 3
Battlefield 4
Path of exile
Warframe
WoW
Destiny 2

grab an emulator and play some classics imo

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Firgof posted:

Just a few days ago Star Ruler 2 and it's engine were made open source (the engine/data is MIT license, the assets are CC-BY-NC 2.0) (This link will take you right to it)

That means if you'd like to play SR2 for free all you'd need do is just go grab a copy of Visual Studio and compile it; instructions are included on the Github page and a link to the Rising Stars Discord'll put you in spitting distance of folk who can help you out should things go tits-up (for the most part it should compile and run just fine though; this is a polished, high-performance, modern and well-structured engine we're putting out -- not a barely-working mess, promise)

Star Ruler 2 is a Space 4X/RTS that's running on an engine we hand-built which is both super-flexible and super-fast. If you're a game developer who's been waiting for somebody to put out an open source engine which can do the mass-scale sorts of battle you could previously only find in proprietary closed-source engines like Total War this might be your golden ticket. Heck, if you just want to sink your teeth into a super-fast engine for your next game, you might want to consider using StarFlare. If you just want to steal our weapons-targeting code, multiplayer architecture, real-time shader recompiler, or galaxy generation from-image stuff, go nuts. If your interest is finding all the commented portions of code where we cuss and hurl keyboards at walls, beg forgiveness for the sins of unoptimized or ill-performant code, and so forth, feel free.

The engine itself is mostly coded in C++ and the script files for SR2 (and the included script-compiler which JITs scripts into as close to native-code-speed as we could push it and is also, itself, open source) are AngelScript (it uses AngelCode, which is C++ like and fast).

Anyway, just wanted to bring it up in case y'all hadn't heard already. Thanks to everyone who participated in the SA Star Ruler 2 thread, by the way - even though our studio didn't last, it was still pretty drat fun hanging out with y'all about SR1 and SR2 and really trying to build a game which broke new ground. If y'all want to bombard me with questions about whatever and goonsays as well feel free (I've probably earned a few with this loving huge block of text). I'll also be posting this in Ask Game Developers so don't worry that you're having a stroke if you head over there and see this post more or less again (thanks to VideoGames for allowing this cross-post)
I just wanna say I really liked these games, they have a pretty unique perspective on 4x games that I always found fascinating, particularly the way the scaling was implemented, it was a really elegant approach to something most games end up getting mired in weird edge mechanics. the resource web stuff in SR2 was very novel also. sorry it didn't work out for you

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

cowofwar posted:

Starcraft 2
Diablo 3
Battlefield 4
Path of exile
Warframe
WoW
Destiny 2

you should play titanfall 2

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Samuringa posted:

Those are all incredibly samey, but if you just want another one with a different coat of paint, The Division?

if any one thing on that list is nothing like the others it's definitely star craft 2

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

corn in the bible posted:

you should play titanfall 2

This but always

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
The fact that titanfall 2 has withered while other, worse fps games have flourished is criminal imo.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

cowofwar posted:

Starcraft 2
Diablo 3
Battlefield 4
Path of exile
Warframe
WoW
Destiny 2

Bloodborme and tekken7

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBS0UTkwLs4

al-azad
May 28, 2009

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I prefer N64 games when the fog and blurriness obscure the awful textures.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Zissi's Island is a game that exists and I own it

What's that game?

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
it's funny that while the n64 was technically the smoother system for 3d, there are more 3d ps1 games that found art styles that would age well and the ps1's rougher 3d has kind of become its own aesthetic

FirstAidKite posted:

What's that game?

sin & punishment: successor of the earth

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Sakurazuka posted:

I prefer N64 games when the fog and blurriness obscure the awful textures.

Truly the halcyon days of the swamp level.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
leave jet force gemini out of this

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

The Colonel posted:

it's funny that while the n64 was technically the smoother system for 3d, there are more 3d ps1 games that found art styles that would age well and the ps1's rougher 3d has kind of become its own aesthetic

Higher resolution textures on the PS1 helped immensely though. Only until devs like Iguana and Rare found ways to cheese texture loading did they start to look decent on the N64, but they still couldn't really keep up.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Best hour long game

a bitchin jetski
Jun 20, 2018

by SA Support Robot
Just played through Tacoma in one sitting.

I'm one of those people that actually enjoyed Gone Home but Tacoma was not very good.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I enjoyed Tacoma and it's refusal to adhere to the conventions of the type of story it was telling a great deal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

cowofwar posted:

Starcraft 2
Diablo 3
Battlefield 4
Path of exile
Warframe
WoW
Destiny 2

hmm yes, your next choice is obviously

death

• Locked thread