Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

I wasnt playing during the first round of it, so I have no idea why it might have sucked

Made jetpacks look perfectly balanced by comparison.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Enderzero
Jun 19, 2001

The snowflake button makes it
cold cold cold
Set temperature makes it
hold hold hold

MasterSlowPoke posted:

Just had a match where I killed 12 people, ended up at #2 with the #1 left on 3HP. I didn't even land anywhere crazy, just the house where the Flush Factory map. No idea how I ended up killing 1/8th the map. Even found a clay pigeon shooter and played with that for a while.

I hadn't ever gotten a solo win, but a couple of days ago I ended up getting to the last few and in a solid, defensible position. Was using the rocket launcher well (I haven't had the chance to practice with it much), and finally there was 2 others left. While chasing down one he was killed by the other guy and I launched a rocket at the sole survivor

but I was too close and ended up killing myself. The winner had 4hp left after my rocket. I've still never won a single game.

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef

Enderzero posted:

I hadn't ever gotten a solo win, but a couple of days ago I ended up getting to the last few and in a solid, defensible position. Was using the rocket launcher well (I haven't had the chance to practice with it much), and finally there was 2 others left. While chasing down one he was killed by the other guy and I launched a rocket at the sole survivor

but I was too close and ended up killing myself. The winner had 4hp left after my rocket. I've still never won a single game.

Sad thing is self-damage is applied before enemy damage so you may have even hit him but it never counted.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
C4 sucks now.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Of all the locations to change the kill count from 3 to 5, why did it have to be Haunted Hills?

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Mr Hootington posted:

Add MrHootington
In four hours I'll be right on that :)

Coolness Averted posted:

just never carry a gun he wants if you plan on going up to a high place :laugh:
I'm a very sharing teammate I'll have you know.

One tip I got that works for me is to make sure to arrange your toolbelt. Personally I go "close range" "long range" "health/shield" "explosive" "explosive".

I gotta start recording games, the replay options are pretty drat cool.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
My dailies have been acting dumb. I keep getting Top 6 in Squads over and over and have to re-roll it every time.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

InsertPotPun posted:

In four hours I'll be right on that :)

I'm a very sharing teammate I'll have you know.

One tip I got that works for me is to make sure to arrange your toolbelt. Personally I go "close range" "long range" "health/shield" "explosive" "explosive".

I gotta start recording games, the replay options are pretty drat cool.

I generally do shotgun/smg, AR, scoped rifle/hunting rifle, explosives/shields, health/shields

Only carry one thing of shields, but it just depends what I've found what is in the last 2 slots.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

John Murdoch posted:

My dailies have been acting dumb. I keep getting Top 6 in Squads over and over and have to re-roll it every time.

Same thing happened to me for three days :/ I rerolled solo challenges for solo challenges. Stupid RNG I guess.

A Typical Goon
Feb 25, 2011
Knocked a gun with a shotgun and then got knocked in turn by some other dude. The guy that knocked me must have needed the explosive eliminations so he stuck me. I was right beside the person I knocked and when the sticky went off killing me I somehow got credit for the explosive kill on the guy I knocked with the shotgun

I’m not complaining it was just really weird

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

Who are these streamer (xxx) dudes I keep seeing in BR? Are they robots? Robot steamers? Are they just filling in the ranks to get 100 person matches right now?

Enderzero
Jun 19, 2001

The snowflake button makes it
cold cold cold
Set temperature makes it
hold hold hold

Super Rad posted:

Sad thing is self-damage is applied before enemy damage so you may have even hit him but it never counted.

Yep, I went through the replay. Did 96 damage.

MarshyMcFly posted:

Who are these streamer (xxx) dudes I keep seeing in BR? Are they robots? Robot steamers? Are they just filling in the ranks to get 100 person matches right now?

I think this is when people turn on streamer mode to prevent stream sniping.

marathon Stairmaster sesh
Apr 28, 2009

ALL HAIL CEO NUGGET
1988-PRESENT

I saw a few playerxxxs in kill feeds and thought those people were Switch players via crossplay. Am I wrong with this Nintendo Switch players with crossplay turned on?

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

But how could you join someone's game even if you knew their tag?

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

John Murdoch posted:

It's pretty easy to do by yourself. Just play stealth for a match.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

marathon Stairmaster sesh posted:

I saw a few playerxxxs in kill feeds and thought those people were Switch players via crossplay. Am I wrong with this Nintendo Switch players with crossplay turned on?

Pretty sure players just have their normal epic name show up regardless of on a different platform or not.

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

codo27 posted:

i think how it works is that a player sees "STREAMLORD420 KILLED GOKU WITH AN SMG" in their game's feed, and then looks up the streamer's stream to snipe it

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Yeah it’s just so you don’t exactly know which streamer it is. Since you don’t see names till you kill someone, it keeps people from acting up

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

this week's summer skirmish tourney has been really good and is now up to 9 matches. Its fun to watch and buck wild

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

AAB posted:

this week's summer skirmish tourney has been really good and is now up to 9 matches. Its fun to watch and buck wild

I’ve been enjoying this tourney a lot. The scoring system this week is a lot better than the last couple weeks. And it helps the servers are working properly

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Mr Hootington posted:

Add MrHootington

Can't find you!

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012
For those who didn’t watch the tourney tonight but considering watching tomorrow: either watch a specific streamer or, if you choose to watch the Fortnite twitch channel, mute the announcers. Courage is great but the other guy, Zeke, is insufferable and knows nothing about fortnite.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

InsertPotPun posted:

Can't find you!

Mr Hootington. Sorry

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

I laughed to myself when I read "guided rocket", so I'm guessing it will be awesome based on that real life reaction.

I wasnt playing during the first round of it, so I have no idea why it might have sucked

Imagine endless spam of rockets that can chase you behind corner or fly into you for from above.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Fitzy Fitz posted:

It's pretty easy to do by yourself. Just play stealth for a match.

Eh, stealth is usually my thing anyway, but top 6 is just too much when on average the rest of my squad is made up of worthless randos while everyone else are running hyper-coordinated kill teams. Moot point now though, the streak finally broke.

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

dmboogie posted:

i think how it works is that a player sees "STREAMLORD420 KILLED GOKU WITH AN SMG" in their game's feed, and then looks up the streamer's stream to snipe it

None of the streamers hide their match id, so it's still easy to snipe if you're watching the stream. Unless they removed it recently when in streamer mode.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

codo27 posted:

Try to queue at the same time.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

The lag in 50v50 is horrible now, and they're seriously loving up explosive kills not counting for the weekly challenge :argh:

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

The Hydra is available in the StW Event store at a discount. If you don't have it, buy one and love it.

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef

Seditiar posted:

None of the streamers hide their match id, so it's still easy to snipe if you're watching the stream. Unless they removed it recently when in streamer mode.

Yeah, I couldn't believe they left that in.

But on the other hand when a stream sniper kills ninja, all the 100K+ people watching him see is BlahBlah[123] killed Ninja rather than get their gamertag all the attention, so I guess it still does something?

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

Super Rad posted:

Yeah, I couldn't believe they left that in.

But on the other hand when a stream sniper kills ninja, all the 100K+ people watching him see is BlahBlah[123] killed Ninja rather than get their gamertag all the attention, so I guess it still does something?

Yeah, it doesn't give them the satisfaction to show up on stream. Which is probably enough to reduce stream snipers by quite a bit, but obviously not even close enough.

It's weird that streamers just don't block it out themselves honestly, I wouldn't wait for Epic to handle that. At least then people would only be able to see if they're in your game if you show up in the kill feed.

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef

Seditiar posted:

Yeah, it doesn't give them the satisfaction to show up on stream. Which is probably enough to reduce stream snipers by quite a bit, but obviously not even close enough.

It's weird that streamers just don't block it out themselves honestly, I wouldn't wait for Epic to handle that. At least then people would only be able to see if they're in your game if you show up in the kill feed.

It's usually also pretty obvious when a streamer is in your game because there is a literal orgy of players converging on them in the pre-game lobby. Back in the day in H1Z1 I actually tried to snipe Ninja a couple times and getting into his lobby was SUPER easy - Ninja just kept dying before me (which of course is 100% confirmation I was the better player).

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

Super Rad posted:

It's usually also pretty obvious when a streamer is in your game because there is a literal orgy of players converging on them in the pre-game lobby. Back in the day in H1Z1 I actually tried to snipe Ninja a couple times and getting into his lobby was SUPER easy - Ninja just kept dying before me (which of course is 100% confirmation I was the better player).

Yeah but that's also because everyone can instantly see the Match ID due to the Twitch latency being 1-2 seconds these days. Then again I suppose most streamer skins aren't that easy to get so maybe they just run to 1 of the 2 gingerbread players.

Also: Fortnite has basically an instant queue, not sure how H1Z1 was back in the day but those lobbies take 3 minutes to fill up these days.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

I'm always conflicted when I land and find a large juice, whether to use it or wait till I find small ones cause you know you always will immediately after if it do drink it

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

codo27 posted:

I'm always conflicted when I land and find a large juice, whether to use it or wait till I find small ones cause you know you always will immediately after if it do drink it

I go by how busy it is. If I saw people land or it's a hot zone drink it immediately, if not you can hold off until your inventory is full.

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

Top 6 in squads is just the same as solo, do a no fill and hide in a tree in the first circle and walk away, guaranteed challenge.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Kiranamos posted:

Top 6 in squads is just the same as solo, do a no fill and hide in a tree in the first circle and walk away, guaranteed challenge.

Or you could just play the game

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735
That's a hell of a lot harder

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

I finally got a solo victory. I have to announce that, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

Coolness Averted posted:

Or you could just play the game

Nice username/post combo