Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

unbuttonedclone
Dec 30, 2008

serious gaylord posted:

The type 59 is getting an armour and power to weight buff lmao.

Hell yeah, the thing would be greater with a little more acceleration. Pretty much the only tank I play besides arty. When it's top tier it's a bullying machine and not so bad when not top tier. Can't complain about more armor either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

thylacine posted:

Hell yeah, the thing would be greater with a little more acceleration. Pretty much the only tank I play besides arty. When it's top tier it's a bullying machine and not so bad when not top tier. Can't complain about more armor either.

The Mod 1 is a better type 59 but thats mainly due to the insane buff it had to its engine power a few patches back. If they're bringing the type back to what it kind of was before I might start using it again.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
New tier 7 premium based on the Pershing in this video, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBI9d0-IfEM.

Pretty sure most of us have seen it.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

MariusLecter posted:

New tier 7 premium based on the Pershing in this video, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBI9d0-IfEM.

Pretty sure most of us have seen it.
The video, or the info on this new Premium? :v: (Answer's yes to both.)

I'm fine with this sort of "downtier a vehicle and use the historical config" thing for premiums, because frankly even WG can't ruin that sort of arrangement. They would have to put so much more effort than it's worth into making such a vehicle unplayably bad.

Also top lol at the Preferential MM Super Pershing getting a gun buff putting both its AP and APCR above the T25 Pilot which gets nothing at all, despite having to meet & greet Tier X vehicles all day every day.

McGavin posted:

Did you free exp the turret or are you grinding from stock?

serious gaylord posted:

You mean you don't like a slow brick with poor gun handling?
Everything about it just loving blows. All it does is miss and fail at getting anywhere in time.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
So are they still doing the "exchange program" thing, or was that just a pilot program for the KV-5?

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse
^ If they aren't doing the Pref MM change, I doubt that will still be going on, unless they get enough idiots wanting to pay for something they already paid for

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

Also top lol at the Preferential MM Super Pershing getting a gun buff putting both its AP and APCR above the T25 Pilot which gets nothing at all, despite having to meet & greet Tier X vehicles all day every day.

Not my fault WG ran ads screaming "OMG it's so awesome you must have one!" and all the shills said "OMG it's so awesome you must have one!" and all the dupes that get duped by WG's bullshit said "OMG it's so awesome I must have one!"

SocketWrench fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Jul 28, 2018

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

BIG HEADLINE posted:

So are they still doing the "exchange program" thing, or was that just a pilot program for the KV-5?

Nah cus they arent getting rid of Pref MM now.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Holy poo poo its weekend teams ++ today.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

I want to loving strangle the life out of the crayon-eating dickhead who put Ensk in this cunting game.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
Ensk is fine if restricted to t6 max. Those small maps should not exist beyond that tier.

2Jets
Apr 25, 2010

You're gonna get no tip
ensk is good. arty can't ruin your fun and its so small that you can rack up lots of damage really fast.

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004

Everything about it just loving blows. All it does is miss and fail at getting anywhere in time.

The whole IS-M line is about sitting angled on corners and slugging it out at close range.
If that's not your jam, pull the plug now.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Yeah ensk isn't bad at all compared to some of them, at least the games are over quickly.

Province is just loving awful.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse
Yeah, Province there's no real cover, once you're spotted it's rape time from the other team.
I got lucky enough to end up on that map with my SU152 and just raped the hell out of the other team

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
There are very few maps where you can tell you've lost within the first 30 seconds, and on province unless the majority of your team crosses the map you know you've lost.

Pump-Action Gerbil
Sep 13, 2000
Does anybody know of a mod that makes you go full speed cruise control with one keypress? I don't know why I have to hammer a key three times to go 100%. As if there was ever a scenario I wanted to advance at 33% speed.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Pump-Action Gerbil posted:

Does anybody know of a mod that makes you go full speed cruise control with one keypress? I don't know why I have to hammer a key three times to go 100%. As if there was ever a scenario I wanted to advance at 33% speed.

No, I don't know of a mod that does this, although you could probably set up a macro to do so. Also, IIRC (this is one of those things that I should have memorized but I'm doubting myself at the moment) it's only 3 keypresses if you do it slowly, otherwise a quick double-tap will put you at 100%. Furthermore, the 1/3 speed setting can be useful to creep forward and get a shot off because your aim doesn't bloom as far as at full speed.

To be honest though I personally only use 100% cruise for long distances and then the W/S keys during combat, and also I've been playing this game for several years and tapping a key multiple times for cruise has never been an issue.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

serious gaylord posted:

There are very few maps where you can tell you've lost within the first 30 seconds, and on province unless the majority of your team crosses the map you know you've lost.

Or you're in for fifteen minutes of stalemate fighting leading to a loss by draw. Which is just ~dandy~ for pubbies.

The worst part about maps like Province is that they eliminate the best players through attrition. They try to make a move or attack in a way that should tilt things just enough...only to be left to die so their team can "snipe" from afar.

And that's leaving out the horror most players will thankfully never know - having to play Province in CW.

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001

Atomizer posted:

No, I don't know of a mod that does this, although you could probably set up a macro to do so. Also, IIRC (this is one of those things that I should have memorized but I'm doubting myself at the moment) it's only 3 keypresses if you do it slowly, otherwise a quick double-tap will put you at 100%. Furthermore, the 1/3 speed setting can be useful to creep forward and get a shot off because your aim doesn't bloom as far as at full speed.

To be honest though I personally only use 100% cruise for long distances and then the W/S keys during combat, and also I've been playing this game for several years and tapping a key multiple times for cruise has never been an issue.

No need to doubt yourself, doubletapping does indeed set it to max. As for actually complaining about this, it doesn't even register on the list of gripes I have about this loving game tbh.

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Or you're in for fifteen minutes of stalemate fighting leading to a loss by draw. Which is just ~dandy~ for pubbies.

I'm never in for that, because I value my time and sanity far too much for it :v:

Pump-Action Gerbil
Sep 13, 2000

Atomizer posted:

Looks like I have been playing incorrectly for 13k games now. Double tapping is good, thanks.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Looks like I have been playing incorrectly for 13k games now. Double tapping is good, thanks.

What's your in-game name? 13k games and we haven't seen you post here before today!

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

I always used triple-R instead of trying to double tap, because if you accidentally double tap too slowly or miss your second press, you might not notice until you've thrown away a lot of time going 2/3 top speed.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
For today's mission I got a pretty great game in my KV-1S, unsurprisingly it was a majority tier 5 game.

Wrecked a vk 3601 H and kv-1 with a pair of HEAT shells each and nuked a hetzer and stug iii right out of the game.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
The 279 early edition is now in the game files. It has to be a new reward tank because putting that in the tech tree....

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001

MariusLecter posted:

majority tier 5 game.

vk 3601 H and hetzer

What?

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Outliers.

Pump-Action Gerbil
Sep 13, 2000

Atomizer posted:

What's your in-game name? 13k games and we haven't seen you post here before today!

tankymcshootalot. Been playing off and on for a while, but not seriously. Right now I am getting the shielded T-34 and 3 starring my T-34-85M (that I didn't even realize I had).

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.
im not proud of my doings of late :smithcloud: i am weak much missing

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Started a statbadding group with some drunks, so if you're out there tryharding on EU but see anyone with a username "Rommel_McDonald_x" where 'x' is any stereotypical bullshit (fighter, hero, defender, sniper etc.) then sorry but we're here to ruin everything for everyone.

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.

Started a statbadding group with some drunks, so if you're out there tryharding on EU but see anyone with a username "Rommel_McDonald_x" where 'x' is any stereotypical bullshit (fighter, hero, defender, sniper etc.) then sorry but we're here to ruin everything for everyone.

drunks are bad at stat padding , gotta be some that play better than me though

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Turmoilx posted:

drunks are bad at stat padding , gotta be some that play better than me though

Statbadding, my friend. We're throwing the games, not owning them.

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

oh jeez i read that wrong, with that cool name you had i figured it ment good

James Garfield
May 5, 2012
Am I a manipulative abuser in real life, or do I just roleplay one on the Internet for fun? You decide!

Is there a Rommel_McDonald_War_Criminal?

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

James Garfield posted:

If there isn't there should be.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

James Garfield posted:

If so, he should solely drive the war crimes Panther

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
I had a run of very good games over the weekend and thats the kind of poo poo that feeds the addiction to keep going the other 363 days of the year.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
I'm up to the O-I again, and boy howdy, did I miss my japanese derpguns

Scapegoat
Sep 18, 2004

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I'm up to the O-I again, and boy howdy, did I miss my japanese derpguns

I unlocked the derp on the Type 4 and it's just plan ridiculous. Between the derp and the armour there are situations where the enemy heavies has no chance other than watching you slowly kill them with HE every 20 seconds.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
Before the changes to the type 4 and 5, all I wanted was for them to simply gain the regular 15cm from the rest of the line as an option, but sure enough, Wargaming went and hosed it up by making a new loving gun and giving it gold HE, so I'm not entirely sure if I'm going to even buy the type 4 again.

I was so loving happy with the O-Ho on NA and I think I'll be perfectly happy to just grabbing it again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

2Jets posted:

ensk is good. arty can't ruin your fun and its so small that you can rack up lots of damage really fast.

Agreed. Any map that hinders arty is a good map, corridor meta or otherwise.