Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

All they need are some sacrificial rubes to go along with it. MeK lucked into the natsec/state department gravy train.

the real question is why the United States is even involved with these psychos at all. if it’s purely for American consumption then it’s only a matter of time before everyone knows what a bunch of freaks they are.

Yeah, they pretty much a focalist correct? BTW good news for the defense of the Syrian peoples. https://twitter.com/DerKommunismaus/status/1023142820608176128

Crowsbeak has issued a correction as of 11:07 on Jul 28, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

MEK stopped being leftist in any way back in the 80s

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 20 days!)

A Turkish communist friend of mine is a tankie when it comes to Kurds, and I’m not too proud to admit I’m gonna run this in his face when YPG and SAA have a united front against Turkey.

Anyway, MeK stopped being anything resembling a Marxist organization when they sided with Iraq in the 80s. it’s more of a ritualistic clucking cult, in which all members are supposed to reserve their love only for Massoud & Maryam.

coathat
May 21, 2007

They’re a good way to launder cia money to American politicians

coathat
May 21, 2007

It’s like if the soviets announced plans for Jim Jones and the people’s temple to take power in America after the federal government is overthrown.

HorrificExistence
Jun 25, 2017

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/mahamyahya/status/1023216139168608256?s=21

Caeser reports were all true

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy
http://www.middleeasteye.net/columns/how-uae-destroying-yemen-421364462

Speaking of an actual catastrophe.

HorrificExistence
Jun 25, 2017

by Athanatos

Crowsbeak posted:

Speaking of an actual catastrophe.

authoritarian government torturing leftists to death: i sleep

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

HorrificExistence posted:

authoritarian government torturing leftists to death: i sleep

Jihadis are not leftists.

A Typical Goon
Feb 25, 2011

Crowsbeak posted:

‘every single Syrian is a jihadi’

gently caress outta here you racist piece of poo poo

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

A Typical Goon posted:

‘every single Syrian is a jihadi’

gently caress outta here you racist piece of poo poo

I have no doubt that some were not jihadis. However the idea that Assad who has spent seven years fighting Wahabi filth would mostly be rounding up leftists, especially when secularists were who he used to keep in power is funny.

A Typical Goon
Feb 25, 2011
the only ‘funny’ thing is a purported ‘leftist’ that mimics the same talking points as alt-right Nazis.

perhaps you’d be more comfortable posting in /pol/ if all you’re going to do is parrot fascist propaganda that is stepped in islamophoba?

https://twitter.com/sergwalden/status/917139103803756544?s=21

HorrificExistence
Jun 25, 2017

by Athanatos

Crowsbeak posted:

Honestly gently caress you,
People like Giath Matar and Bassel Khartabil represented something far more leftist and anti-hierarchy than Assad or his authoritarianism ever will, and Assad's CIA/Nazi-trained torture teams cut off their eyelids and electrocuted them to death for it.

But hey, assad's guys have cool uniforms plus America and Israel don't like them. That's all that counts!

HorrificExistence has issued a correction as of 18:50 on Jul 28, 2018

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

A Typical Goon posted:

the only ‘funny’ thing is a purported ‘leftist’ that mimics the same talking points as alt-right Nazis.

perhaps you’d be more comfortable posting in /pol/ if all you’re going to do is parrot fascist propaganda that is stepped in islamophoba?

https://twitter.com/sergwalden/status/917139103803756544?s=21

Wait it's islamaphobic to oppose the foreign policy of Saudi Arabia, Israel, and America?'

BTW that tweeter claims Assad let over two hundred people die in a Isis terror attack. I mean, hey, I think Assad actually is preety bad, but I also unlike the neocon don't in anyway pretend that FSA was anything but a army of violent wahabis who would have ethnically cleansed Syria of non sunnis and made life hell for sunnis that were not willing to become wahabis.

Crowsbeak has issued a correction as of 18:54 on Jul 28, 2018

HorrificExistence
Jun 25, 2017

by Athanatos

Crowsbeak posted:

Wait it's islamaphobic to oppose the foreign policy of Saudi Arabia, Israel, and America?'

BTW that tweeter claims Assad let over two hundred people die in a Isis terror attack.

No, but it's loving idiotic to condone the torturing to death of literal revolutionary leftists in order to fanboy over a guy cause israel doesn't like him

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

No, but it's loving idiotic to condone the torturing to death of literal revolutionary leftists in order to fanboy over a guy cause israel doesn't like him

Calling someone idiotic when backing FSA. :ironicat:

A Typical Goon
Feb 25, 2011
it’s islamophobic to dismiss literally every civilian in a Muslim majority country as a jihadi deserving a painful death by torture, yes

are you actually this retarded or are you just a vile disingenuous racist? actually nvm im pretty sure I know the answer already

A Typical Goon
Feb 25, 2011

Crowsbeak posted:

Calling someone idiotic when backing FSA. :ironicat:

calling yourself progressive while supporting a fascist

:ironicat:

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

A Typical Goon posted:

it’s islamophobic to dismiss literally every civilian in a Muslim majority country as a jihadi deserving a painful death by torture, yes

are you actually this retarded or are you just a vile disingenuous racist? actually nvm im pretty sure I know the answer already

Assad killed every civilian in Syria? What a monster.

In actual news, Wahabis willing to change are handing over their weaponry to the peacekeeping forces.

https://en.muraselon.com/2018/07/armed-groups-in-quneitra-countryside-continue-to-hand-over-heavy-and-medium-weapons-to-syrian-army/

Crowsbeak has issued a correction as of 19:04 on Jul 28, 2018

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

all of you should gently caress off

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

all of you should gently caress off

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
anyways here's some funnies

https://twitter.com/abdbozkurt/status/1023219915799584768

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy
You know, it might be a good idea if all countries that were former Ottoman territories that were not Turkey joined in an alliance to keep Turkey out of them.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

After the initial lol it still got me like :thunk:

But no, if Greece was part of Turkey they still wouldn't have fiscal independence.

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

HorrificExistence
Jun 25, 2017

by Athanatos
greece is a preety silly country tbf

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

They are totally going to annex NW syria

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Lawman 0 posted:

They are totally going to annex NW syria

What are the chances they try to push further in, what with it looking like Assad is making a deal with SDF now?

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

greece is a preety silly country tbf

while true the idea that they'd want to be ruled by turkey is even more laughable

HorrificExistence
Jun 25, 2017

by Athanatos
like, in the greek "war of independence" the british might as well have invaded southern france to give it back to the greeks

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Crowsbeak posted:

What are the chances they try to push further in, what with it looking like Assad is making a deal with SDF now?

if they try to take more Syrian territory then the war turns into a Turk vs. Arab conflict.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

like, in the greek "war of independence" the british might as well have invaded southern france to give it back to the greeks

HorrificExistence
Jun 25, 2017

by Athanatos

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

They do.

Oh, look whose mad again.

https://twitter.com/TheArabSource/status/1023360059173167104

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy
More good news.

https://twitter.com/sahouraxo/status/1023657399113207810

Also turks really want to get out of NATO now.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...n-idUSKBN1KI0NR

HorrificExistence
Jun 25, 2017

by Athanatos

classic rightist gawking over rich syrian Christians

working class sunnis mean nothing to you

HorrificExistence
Jun 25, 2017

by Athanatos
peasant rebellion < rich city dwellers who look more like me

that's leftism baby

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

classic rightist gawking over rich syrian Christians

working class sunnis mean nothing to you

Wow, that's racist. Saying that Christian Syrians cannot be poor.

HorrificExistence
Jun 25, 2017

by Athanatos
the diggers were religious extremists

support charles I the lion of worcester

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HorrificExistence
Jun 25, 2017

by Athanatos

Crowsbeak posted:

Wow, that's racist. Saying that Christian Syrians cannot be poor.

people who live in damascus are richer than people who had to move to idlib because their crops all died yes