Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Gone Home was very good but Tacoma had much better storytelling, even if the novelty of the walky sim genre has fallen off since 2013.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Both Tacoma and Gone Home rule. I do like Gone Home better though because it's a much more cluttered environment and a much more personal story.

I do love how Tacoma in many ways seems to be a very deliberate "gently caress you" to everyone with stupid complaints about the progressive nature of Gone Home.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Yeah Tacoma is great

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Electric Phantasm posted:

This rules and there are good avatars in there

Here's a repository of all the drawings ripped from the game without the various filters and backgrounds Wario uses if you wanna see how they look plain.

Even includes what Wario paints when you use his own amiibo.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

I need that Taiko drum game. I used to play it all the time when I lived in Japan and I had it with two drum accessories for my PS2.

Now to decide on the PS4 or the Switch versions....also they better sell new drum controllers!

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Bring back Samba de Amigo

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

FirstAidKite posted:

What's that game?

Bayonetta 2

exquisite tea posted:

Gone Home was very good but Tacoma had much better storytelling, even if the novelty of the walky sim genre has fallen off since 2013.

I loved Tacoma so much. I like walking sims anyway but several of them tend to stumble at the end (Firewatch and Ethan Carter both ended in ways I didn't personally like). But Tacoma just nailed the ending (and the twist near the end). I cannot recommend Tacoma enough. It did get a bit overshadowed by Night in the Woods last year but... NITW is loving excellent and easily my GOTY last year so I can't complain too hard really.

I should really get around to playing Gone Home.

I'd really like a game like Firewatch with a similar setting except there actually IS supernatural stuff happening

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I played Tacoma and Edith Finch close together and was surprised by how much more recognition the latter got when I felt like Tacoma was so much better in paying off on its themes in a satisfying way.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Here's a repository of all the drawings ripped from the game without the various filters and backgrounds Wario uses if you wanna see how they look plain.

Warios self portraits are exactly as amazing as I assumed

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
i liked tacoma, but i got it for free and if i had paid $20 or $30 or whatever for it when it was released i would have been pretty disappointed by how short it was

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I beat Resident Evil 3: NEMESIS. It's a great game, and I'm surprised how scary Nemesis can be (at least on my first playthrough). I still think I like REmake and RE2 more. The dodging (when it worked) was cool, and it was nice to have quick turn. I'll start on RE4 after I beat Dad of War.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Hmm. Just found out I also have a regular turbo Grafx which I plan to sell and also a CD Interactive.

After I sell them should I upgrade to a PS4 Pro (and sell my slim), get a PSVR, or get a Switch.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I've been playing a lot of Tekken 7 this week. I am working on the Treasure mode and getting Tekken God Primal rank on at least one fighter.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Steve Yun posted:

Hmm. Just found out I also have a regular turbo Grafx which I plan to sell and also a CD Interactive.

After I sell them should I upgrade to a PS4 Pro (and sell my slim), get a PSVR, or get a Switch.

Switch seems like a better bet. PS4 pro seems a bit overpriced, especially if you already have a slim.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Viewtiful Jew posted:

holy poo poo!

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Mr E posted:

I beat Resident Evil 3: NEMESIS. It's a great game, and I'm surprised how scary Nemesis can be (at least on my first playthrough). I still think I like REmake and RE2 more. The dodging (when it worked) was cool, and it was nice to have quick turn. I'll start on RE4 after I beat Dad of War.

are you skipping code veronica and zero

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

The Colonel posted:

Is there any same reason not to? Both are pretty had compared to 1-3

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

The Colonel posted:

CVX for GC is being shipped to me but I'm skipping Zero cause I hated it back in the day.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Convex posted:

Is there any same reason not to? Both are pretty had compared to 1-3

"Bad" is pretty relative. Like Silent Hill 1 and 3 are "bad" relative to SH2.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Code Veronica is cool outside of one particularly annoyingly placed boss fight, and I really liked RE0

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
I too rather dislike RE0. There's so much backtracking because of how items work.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

corn in the bible posted:

I too rather dislike RE0. There's so much backtracking because of how items work.

Yeah I couldn't stand no item box.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Which RE has the metal detectors and the crazy rich twins?

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Real hurthling! posted:

Which RE has the metal detectors and the crazy rich twins?

Code Veronica

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Mr E posted:

don't take a break now the mainline resident evil games actually start to get good at that point!

:twisted:

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Code Veronica is good, just make sure to save before the Tyrant fight and that your items transfer correctly.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Viewtiful Jew posted:

omfg these are incredible

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

If i was a mod i'd do an avatar thread and you'd get one of these randomly

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
I just got to the last two holy poo poo :laffo:

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
Warioware Gold having full voice acting is pretty wild, Wario speaking in full sentences with his incredibly deep voice is something I never knew I wanted.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Dewgy posted:

I just got to the last two holy poo poo :laffo:

yes, good choice by the imgur album compiler to save those for the end

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
https://i.imgur.com/v70wr3J.mp4

the best part of making gifs is when you clean up your pictures folder months or even years later and find them just sitting there

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

The Colonel posted:

the best part of making gifs is when you clean up your pictures folder months or even years later and find them just sitting there

One of the smaller tragedies of my hard drive dying is that I lost pretty much every gif I ever made. My avatar and the few people that still use avs I've made are probably the only survivors.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

The Colonel posted:

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

The Colonel posted:

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Edit:

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Jul 28, 2018

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

this is the future liberals want?

Adbot