Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

chiasaur11 posted:

Oh, yeah. Not denying that there were kids used for Nomus. Just figuring they're not the most frequent choice.

The whole "taking people, including kids, and turning them into these weird mostly-mindless abominations" thing is a surprisingly dark/hosed up story beat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

"The villain explodes his daughter's arms and legs to make her blood into bullets" is still my favorite grimdark thing from the series.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Dragonatrix posted:

The surprise isn't that Toga was impersonating Camie. It's that she was incredibly bad at impersonating Camie, because of her very internet slang way of speaking and somehow no one noticed.

People did notice. They thought she was acting weird.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Terper posted:

"The villain explodes his daughter's arms and legs to make her blood into bullets" is still my favorite grimdark thing from the series.

Well it's not his daughter, but that does not make it much better.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Rhonne posted:

New Vigilantes

Fat Gum, Crab Cop, and Tsukauchi are all cool. Koichi is a huge dork. I love them all.

lol he actually stopped to buy the hoodie, I thought it just fell on him and he ran with it. And then he's useless when he actually gets on the mech.

Terper posted:

Didn't he also causally explode a couple of his minions for, like, no reason? Overhaul was a walking grimbark cliche.

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

SatansBestBuddy posted:

Didn't he also causally explode a couple of his minions for, like, no reason? Overhaul was a walking grimbark cliche.

he killed one of his minions for being incompetent and letting eri run away, leading to the alley confrontation

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

SatansBestBuddy posted:

lol he actually stopped to buy the hoodie, I thought it just fell on him and he ran with it. And then he's useless when he actually gets on the mech.

He exploded one of his minions for letting Eri escape initially. Which he was right to be pissed off for, as it was the catalyst for his gang's fall.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
He killed at least one to make a point I think, and Rappa was killed and reconstructed multiple times in his backstory. And he had a minion be a human shield when Shigaraki went for him after Magne's death and Compress losing his arm, instead of, well, moving/being moved, with rather nasty results.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Overhaul is a terrible boss who doesn't give a poo poo about his subordinates (even though they all love him) to contrast him with Shigaraki, noted good friend and trusted leader.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Roland Jones posted:

He killed at least one to make a point I think, and Rappa was killed and reconstructed multiple times in his backstory. And he had a minion be a human shield when Shigaraki went for him after Magne's death and Compress losing his arm, instead of, well, moving/being moved, with rather nasty results.

It's gonna be neat to see that animated next season.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Dragonatrix posted:

The surprise isn't that Toga was impersonating Camie. It's that she was incredibly bad at impersonating Camie, because of her very internet slang way of speaking and somehow no one noticed.

People mentioned she was acting a little odd.

It's just that Camie's so weird normally that people were relieved she was...less that.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Rhonne posted:

It's gonna be neat to see that animated next season.

Shigaraki at the mall: my quirk will turn you to nothing but dust and bone

Shigaraki at the warehouse: ohh, right, the goo. I always forget about the goo

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Goo is a transition stage between human and dust.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
edit: whoops wrong thread

thetoughestbean fucked around with this message at 10:36 on Jul 29, 2018

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Oxxidation posted:

Shigaraki at the mall: my quirk will turn you to nothing but dust and bone

Shigaraki at the warehouse: ohh, right, the goo. I always forget about the goo

I think that was the liquid inside him that was falling out as his body was collapsing.

Still it's a gruesome and horrible way to go.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Overhaul is a terrible boss who doesn't give a poo poo about his subordinates (even though they all love him) to contrast him with Shigaraki, noted good friend and trusted leader.

Overhaul basically targeted people that society gave up on (but have useful quirks) and gaslights them into thinking that serving him is their purpose. Shigaraki made his gang of insane criminals but they all at trust each other enough to work as a cohesive unit without him forcing them to. I don't think Shigaraki would expect any of his members to die for him.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
Pretty much. Though they are kind of cheating because the Nomus are the equivalent cannon fodder to the ones Overhaul manipulated. Then there's Spinner, who is definitely being manipulated.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Dr Subterfuge posted:

Pretty much. Though they are kind of cheating because the Nomus are the equivalent cannon fodder to the ones Overhaul manipulated. Then there's Spinner, who is definitely being manipulated.

To be fair, Spinner's an idiot anyway. Between hero-worshipping Stain and a complete failure to understand what Stain was saying, you could probably legit say "I agree with Stain" and he'd work for you. League of Villains just happened to be the first to get to him.

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

Also, his quirk may well just be "looks like a lizard." He doesn't have any stated ability, as far as I can recall, and doesn't display much that can't just be explained as shounen physics.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Spinner always reeked to me of someone who ends up eating fratricide in the end because he's still a true-blue Stain adherent. If he doesn't get handed off to Iida to beat in some final battle I could see him finally just confronting Shigaraki or Dabi or something about how they're not being true to Stain's vision and he puts his foot down about it and ends up dead.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
spinner's power is knowing how to drive, because shigaraki can't hold a wheel, twice is his own worst backseat driver and everyone's too scared to give toga a try

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Zomborgon posted:

Also, his quirk may well just be "looks like a lizard." He doesn't have any stated ability, as far as I can recall, and doesn't display much that can't just be explained as shounen physics.

*glances at Froppy*

There can be, to be fair, worse quirks.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Oxxidation posted:

spinner's power is knowing how to drive, because shigaraki can't hold a wheel, twice is his own worst backseat driver and everyone's too scared to give toga a try

Cowards.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
His quirk is being a lizard! If he loses a limb he can grow it back! He can taste the air to track people down! It takes him 2 hours to get out of bed if he doesn't have a red light pointed at him set on a timer to get him started!

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

Eej posted:

It takes him 2 hours to get out of bed if he doesn't have a red light pointed at him set on a timer to get him started!

Finally a character I can identify with

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Oxxidation posted:

And of course, Dabi doesn't have his license.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

Oxxidation posted:

everyone's too scared to give toga a try

She makes one joke about becoming one with another vehicle and they never let it go! Rude.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

wait does shigaraki dissolve everything he touches?

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Stairmaster posted:

wait does shigaraki dissolve everything he touches?

Only if he uses all five fingers.

You can see how he lifts things very carefully if you pay close attention to his hands.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
With all five fingers. Notice how he does the same thing Uraraka does when handling stuff, keeping one finger (usually either the pinky or middle finger) off of it, or holding it with just his forefinger and thumb and dangling it in front of him.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

Fabricated posted:

Spinner always reeked to me of someone who ends up eating fratricide in the end because he's still a true-blue Stain adherent. If he doesn't get handed off to Iida to beat in some final battle I could see him finally just confronting Shigaraki or Dabi or something about how they're not being true to Stain's vision and he puts his foot down about it and ends up dead.

That makes me wonder, will the League have a counterpart for each of Deku's classmates? Deku's counterpart is obviously Shigaraki, Todoroki has Dabi, Uraraka's will probably be Toga, maybe Kirishima's is Rappa if he joins the League, Tokoyami probably has a score to settle with Compress, and that's all I have.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Kurogiri once he busts out of jail will of course be the League's answer to Aizawa as the put-upon dad corralling super-powered toddlers.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Funky Valentine posted:

Kurogiri once he busts out of jail will of course be the League's answer to Aizawa as the put-upon dad corralling super-powered toddlers.

Also the guy whose power breaks things in half and has to be removed from the situation so the plot can actually happen half the time.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Roland Jones posted:

Also the guy whose power breaks things in half and has to be removed from the situation so the plot can actually happen half the time.
To be fair Gigantomachia kinda breaks things too since he can apparently flatten mountains in combat.

I don't get why you'd bother testing the High-Spec on a high-ranking hero instead of just telling it go gently caress UA up. There's plenty of high-level heroes there. I bet it could've killed someone before it was stopped too.

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

Fabricated posted:

To be fair Gigantomachia kinda breaks things too since he can apparently flatten mountains in combat.

I don't get why you'd bother testing the High-Spec on a high-ranking hero instead of just telling it go gently caress UA up. There's plenty of high-level heroes there. I bet it could've killed someone before it was stopped too.

I mean, I think Aizawa is exactly why you don't do that. All the teachers combined would curb-stomp High-Spec. Plus Recovery Girl is right there.

The dude above is spot-on that Erasure Head kind of stops the plot if he can actually do his thing.

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

(he's got a good thing going)

Nephthys posted:

The dude above is spot-on that Erasure Head kind of stops the plot if he can actually do his thing.

Explains why he's training Shinso offscreen!

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Kurogiri's power to get the league anywhere was also very powerful. So the new warping guy with the Quirk All for One had is much less powerful ability. As All for One said, he can only teleport people to him or away from him and only to people he is very familiar with.

drjuggalo
Jul 26, 2014
spinners gonna join the good side and fight evil iida who didnt learn a single thing from when his brother got mauled on by stain

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Shigaraki and Uraraka should invest in those gloves that only cover some of your fingers so they don't have to worry about accidentally using their powers.