Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

they should make american quinn where she has a bald eagle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

strong bird
May 12, 2009

they should make Philippine Quinn where she has a philippine eagle, the largest of eagle, and the Strongest bird.

Trenchdeep
Sep 12, 2017

Australian Quinn, where Valor is an emu. Admittedly this would be better if it was pre-rework.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

It would be a kookaburra.

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

It would be a loving Magpie.

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

reverse quinn where she's an anthropomorphic bird with clothes on and the bird has quinn's head

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

Thanks for a MONSTER of an avatar, Awful Survivor Mods!

Nightgull posted:

Quinn is the eagle, the girl is Quinn’s monster.

:five: :five: :five: :five: :five:

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
rhyme of the ancient mariner Quinn

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

d0grent posted:

reverse quinn where she's an anthropomorphic bird with clothes on and the bird has quinn's head

:kazooieass:

I had no idea that Quinn is good now! I'm going to have to bust her out and give it a try.

DaStampede
Feb 8, 2018

Elvis_Maximus posted:

:kazooieass:

I had no idea that Quinn is good now! I'm going to have to bust her out and give it a try.

Quinn has always been good at ruining my day when I try to top lane.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

thinking of playing kayn since denzel curry buffed him two days ago. any jungle pathing advice?

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Start raptors then go kill every camp because your q is op in the jungle.

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions

pog boyfriend posted:

thinking of playing kayn since denzel curry buffed him two days ago. any jungle pathing advice?

I'm relatively new to jungling so if anyone else has got better advice go for it

Pathing depends on who the other jungler is - if you think you can handle a river scrap over crab when you're bot side, you can do red buff to raptors to scuttle. I know kayn can easily do raptors at 1 but its a faster clear with a leash.

If the other jungler is someone you don't wanna tangle with, take red then head over to wolves and grab the topside crab. Or get blue buff before doing crab then run up top for a gank.

Learn where you can pass through walls with Q. E is a really powerful tool for pathing fuckery but the cooldown is quite high, so its often best to dash through a wall to nab a camp before ganking with E.

Accept the fact that 9 out of 10 games will be played as rhaast.

Tangling with the other jungler is pretty tricky until you're transformed most of the time. Don't just use both your moves and auto mindlessly, kite with W, use your Q dash, play around your cooldowns

el dingo fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Jul 29, 2018

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG
I'm only getting +14 per win in gold 5 and my MMR is around gold 4. Is that normal for gold? I used to get +20 or at least +17 in silver almost always.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Enigma89 posted:

I'm only getting +14 per win in gold 5 and my MMR is around gold 4. Is that normal for gold? I used to get +20 or at least +17 in silver almost always.

It means your mmr is not, in fact, gold 4

Super Librarian
Jan 4, 2005

your mmr, in fact, potentially appears to be silver 1

+14 LP is probably about right

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i finally got to play new aatrox today and had one good game, one bad game, and one game where i obliterated the opposing laner and my team was incapable of making any map plays and we lost what was mostly a 5v4

after 20 minutes is new aatrox supposed to be split pushing or team fighting, because team fighting wasnt working out great but he doesnt seem like a split push god either. also most of the time i just wanna play singed anyway but i like ad casters a lot

NaotoSaysNo
Jul 1, 2012
Ideally the game doesn't last 20 minutes if you're on Aatrox. His power curve is a lot like Pantheon in that he starts out incredibly strong then falls off a cliff as time goes on. Just group up and dive people with your ultimate.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

well yeah ideally you just smash and have won the game by then but i want to know whats going on when thats not possible, since "lose the game like a dipshit" isnt something i need advice on, ive got that covered.

edit: incidentally i DID smash the game we lost and had 7 kills and assists in other lanes but the other two lanes fed pretty hard and ivern wasnt exactly exerting a lot of map pressure.

NaotoSaysNo
Jul 1, 2012
Aatrox can't really split push against any duelist past 20 minutes, they all beat him once they finish 2 items. The best thing you can do after winning lane is just crashing the wave and rotating to force fights on objectives where you have a numbers advantage. Aatrox's teamfight pattern is to just ult and dive into their backline, it's actually not the easiest thing to do because if you miss any of your spells you just lose the kill most of the time.

If the game goes on for long enough you just stop having the damage to really threaten backline, at which point you just become a knockup bot.

Also don't engage without your ultimate and some games you just can't win

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Riot Girl Tristana, Unchained Alistar, and Dreadnaught Garen are all free skins that are retiring August 1st, so if you don't have them yet, make a fake email account and sign up to Twitter and Facebook to get them!

https://dailyesports.tv/last-chance-to-grab-free-skins-for-league-of-legends/

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
You don’t need to do that social media crap - they have a support ticket bot that gives them automatically.

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Enigma89 posted:

Your MMR isn't around Gold 4, why do you think it is?

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Asema posted:

Your MMR isn't around Gold 4, why do you think it is?

Very sound mechanically

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

I'm gold V, my MMR is 1,463 and I'm getting +19 to +21 for wins. +14 definitely sounds a little low for him.

edit: wait does that say you've played over 1,000 games this season?? The system is giving you 14 lp for a win because it's very confident that you are where you belong.

Wangsbig
May 27, 2007

d0grent posted:

I'm gold V, my MMR is 1,463 and I'm getting +19 to +21 for wins. +14 definitely sounds a little low for him.

edit: wait does that say you've played over 1,000 games this season?? The system is giving you 14 lp for a win because it's very confident that you are where you belong.

ya I'm at gold v with 1/10th of your games played & get like 20 per win. looks like teh system works

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
he does have 1000 games this season holy moly.

Enigma my man, what are you doing when you play? Are you affecting the map when you get leads? Are you roaming? With 1000 games logged the algorithm has you exactly where it thinks you belong and by guesstimating you flip flopping between high silver and gold, it's where you actually belong unless you start to work on things to improve. (If you want to, everybody plays this game differently man)

edit; actually looking into your last few games (that were all victories) and like man, your warding and vision game is loving weak. Buy more control wards and spam your trinket dude come on.

Asema fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Jul 31, 2018

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

"OK fine now will you shut the gently caress up already"
https://twitter.com/LeagueOfLegends/status/1024313708850241537

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

njsykora posted:

"OK fine now will you shut the gently caress up already"
https://twitter.com/LeagueOfLegends/status/1024313708850241537

you posted this and not mafia braum with machine gun poros :shobon:

https://twitter.com/loleu/status/1024309277857603584

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

In my defense I did not see the poro goons when I watched that first time.

milkman dad
Aug 13, 2007

Asema posted:

he does have 1000 games this season holy moly.

Enigma my man, what are you doing when you play? Are you affecting the map when you get leads? Are you roaming? With 1000 games logged the algorithm has you exactly where it thinks you belong and by guesstimating you flip flopping between high silver and gold, it's where you actually belong unless you start to work on things to improve. (If you want to, everybody plays this game differently man)

edit; actually looking into your last few games (that were all victories) and like man, your warding and vision game is loving weak. Buy more control wards and spam your trinket dude come on.

I've played roughly 20 games with him. I have peaked plat 1 and thought coaching/mentoring would be fun.

He intentionally did not learn macro game in his first 600 games. He does not ward because that's not a thing in dota 2 (only supports ward). He wants ranked solo queue to be his fun game when he doesn't play dota. He never changes his item build order (doesn't like hextech protobelt on Vlad because it doesn't have smart cast with indicators, like dota). Sometimes he drinks (whiskey) when he plays. Will try to play through tilt instead of taking a break.

The consequence is 1000 games gold 5. If he actively fixes these things could make platinum but his mmr is so cemented now it will probably take like a 30 game winstreak to fix it.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Sounds like a true Legend

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

Never get tired of the why aren't I climbing despite making no active effort to improve sagas in this thread.

No really, they're always good for a laugh and perspective

Dancer
May 23, 2011
"my account is flagged for losses"

Dancer
May 23, 2011
For the really old school crew.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

I still wonder what Warchicken is up to these days

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

8.15 notes, including new Akali. Irelia's getting a bunch of her power shuffled around and can now possibly jungle...? Good nerfs to most of the overperformers; hope Fiddlesticks finally vanishes out of the meta. Support item changes will make botlane more punishing to gently caress up in and give ADCs more room to take good trades versus supports, and the crit changes should help out some of the ADCs like Trist that were struggling. Still wish they'd reverse the solo gold changes they made so that games start feeling more even, but whatever.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Rygar201 posted:

Never get tired of the why aren't I climbing despite making no active effort to improve sagas in this thread.

No really, they're always good for a laugh and perspective

And I was told I was being unfair.

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

milkman dad posted:

I've played roughly 20 games with him. I have peaked plat 1 and thought coaching/mentoring would be fun.

He intentionally did not learn macro game in his first 600 games. He does not ward because that's not a thing in dota 2 (only supports ward). He wants ranked solo queue to be his fun game when he doesn't play dota. He never changes his item build order (doesn't like hextech protobelt on Vlad because it doesn't have smart cast with indicators, like dota). Sometimes he drinks (whiskey) when he plays. Will try to play through tilt instead of taking a break.

The consequence is 1000 games gold 5. If he actively fixes these things could make platinum but his mmr is so cemented now it will probably take like a 30 game winstreak to fix it.

yeah but like if he's ok with just being stuck at gold 5 this all makes sense. he'd probably be way higher if he actually tried to learn properly which is sad, but it's whatever man you can't really blame them for playing the game they want to play

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

milkman dad posted:

it will probably take like a 30 game winstreak to fix it.

I miss those

Technically 24 but close enough.