Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone for Reed and Sue. They were both the best part of the ASM movies and they have undeniable chemistry so I say give em another shot at a franchise

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

zoux posted:

Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone for Reed and Sue. They were both the best part of the ASM movies and they have undeniable chemistry so I say give em another shot at a franchise

They broke up.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

FlamingLiberal posted:

Who knows if we get a DP3 now. X-Force is in development, but that was supposed to happen before any Deadpool sequel and now the Disney merger is official.
I think also RR himself also doesn't want to do another if he can't find a good story for it.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

What they should do is have him direct these movies. Give him the control he had over Man of Tai Chi but with a billion dollar budget.

It’s too bad the Iron Fist well is thoroughly poisoned, because a Keanu-directed Iron Fist movie would be fantastic.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

site posted:

bring back the marvel knights label

Was that a joke, because they're actually doing it

https://screenrant.com/marvel-knights-20th-anniversary-issue/

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
i meant for the r-rated movies

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Jamesman posted:

What are the odds of New Mutants just getting shelved or quietly released as a Netflix exclusive or something, at this point?

I bet it'll get released next year some time around the last season of Game of Thrones.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Whoever plays reed needs to sell the "smartest fucker in the world" really well. He should also be able to play really distant

Like David Strathairn... Whenever he says anything intellectual I believe it

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Zzulu posted:

Now I’m sad about Alphas again.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

site posted:

i meant for the r-rated movies

If the Ghost Rider movies were R then I'm 14.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Lurdiak posted:

If the Ghost Rider movies were R then I'm 14.

punisher war zone was mk for sure and iirc?? blade 2 and 3 were labelled mk as well

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Retool it as "The Fabulous Four" everyone is gay. Reed is getting down with Johnny, Ben is a big old gay bear of a rock man and Sue is a lesbian that that all the ladies fancy.

Retrowave Joe
Jul 20, 2001

I’d be so down for some Marvel Knights movies with Ghost Rider, Blade, and Punisher. I know the TV division and the movie folks don’t like each other but whatever.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

They'll probably cast Emilie Clarke as Sue.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Their heroes so far have generally been pretty low on the recognizability scale so I doubt it.

She might be a villain tho, they spend the big bucks on those.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Samuringa posted:

Their heroes so far have generally been pretty low on the recognizability scale so I doubt it.

That's not really true. Maybe 3 or 4 of the MCU main characters weren't household names when cast (and 2 of them are Guardians.)

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I think Marvel has shown that they'll cast who they think is the best person for the role regardless of if they're well-known or not.

I think it is more difficult for them to get really big stars just because they usually have deals to show up in like 6-7 movies. So getting the bigger names or really serious actors for a villain is easier since they'll likely be in just one or two movies.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Codependent Poster posted:

I think Marvel has shown that they'll cast who they think is the best person for the role regardless of if they're well-known or not.

Also Benedict Cumberbatch.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Aphrodite posted:

He wasn’t great in Doctor Strange but he was fantastic in his bit in Thor Ragnarok and in Infinity War. I think the real problem he had was with the material, not with his abilities or suitability for the role.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Reed Richards - David Yost
Johnny Storm - Austin St John
Sue Storm - Amy Jo Johnson
Ben Grimm - Walter Jones

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

Ugly In The Morning posted:

It’s too bad the Iron Fist well is thoroughly poisoned, because a Keanu-directed Iron Fist movie would be fantastic.

I have two words for you: Jackie Chan.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Aphrodite posted:

He was okay in Dr. Strange but great in Thor and Infinity War.

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

Saw the Teen Titans movie, it was pretty good! I loved Robin’s ongoing, Trumpian obsession with the size of his hands. I was really sad that this movie wrapped up production too late to throw any shade at the Titans trailer, but announcing that they’re apparently bringing back the original cartoon is about the most savage blow they could have delivered, so it kind of balances out.

CityMidnightJunky
May 11, 2013

by Smythe

Zzulu posted:

Whoever plays reed needs to sell the "smartest fucker in the world" really well. He should also be able to play really distant

All I'm hearing is more reasons to cast Matt Smith.

I haven't read FF, but my general impression is that Reed is at best a bit of an unlikeable dick, and at worst a full on Supervillain.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Those are only his defining traits when written extremely badly.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I wouldn’t say Reed is an rear end in a top hat, more like the walking personification of benevolent hubris with a laser focus on science and precisely zero time for his wife, kids, and friends. He’s the kind of guy who would idolize and emulate Spock without realizing why that would alienate his family.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
We basically need Spock but he can cobble together a portal to another dimension with some vague machinery

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Reed Richards is pretty high on my list of superheroes I'm glad aren't real, honestly. The man invents dangerous nonsense and leaves it lying around.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Random rear end in a top hat posted:

Saw the Teen Titans movie, it was pretty good! I loved Robin’s ongoing, Trumpian obsession with the size of his hands.

The baby hands gag isn’t actually a Trump joke, the other Titans saw Robin’s tiny baby hands for the first time back in a season two episode from 2012 and they haven’t let it go since.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Lurdiak posted:

Reed Richards is pretty high on my list of superheroes I'm glad aren't real, honestly. The man invents dangerous nonsense and leaves it lying around.

*cut to a cave in Thailand with a lonely, unused submersible bobbing in the water*

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006
After seeing Columbus, I think John Cho would be a really good Reed. I think he has a the right profile for the character, and really could invest in making Reed a flawed human being. He also has the comedy chops to make a Reed/Ben relationship actually feel like a real friendship.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I'll make a trade, Valkyrie can stay missing if we can have janelle monae as Richards and tessa as sue

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

site posted:

I'll make a trade, Valkyrie can stay missing if we can have janelle monae as Richards and tessa as sue
Janelle Monae is definitely an X-man, dude. I mean the obvious move is for her to be Storm or Dazzler, but really she should be Xavier.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Meh, xmen sucks i dont want her on there

Plus that defeats the whole point of having her and tessa as a married couple on screen

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Sue can be a man. Just ask Shel Silverstein or Johnny Cash.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Janelle and tessa are dating irl and radiate intense gay energy, this was the entire basis of my joke come on people keep up

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
I went to a Janelle Monae concert last night, after being a fan for almost a decade, and she slayed. Incredible live performer with ridiculous talent and energy. It was one of those rare concerts where you could feel the love, positivity, and inclusivity radiating from all corners, from the stage to the audience to the venue staff. I'm so happy her career is FINALLY blowing up. I think she's a future EGOT winner, and from all accounts, she's a ridiculously nice person on top of being one of those rare "multi-hyphenate" talents.

I was a little sad she didn't get cast as Shuri, but Leticia Wright ended up being my favorite part of Black Panther. Janelle Monae is practically a superhero already, so I'd love to see her in a good role in some kind of superheroey project.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Lurdiak posted:

He's kind of the Marvel version of Elon Musk now that I think about it

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

BiggerBoat posted:

He's kind of the Marvel version of Elon Musk now that I think about it

Reed's stuff actually works

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
In terms of the MCU, Musk is most like Justin Hammer.

• Locked thread