Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Fellis posted:

I would be down to teach John Company but you also need to find two others patient enough for a 2-3 hour game.

Thursday afternoon, wednesday evening, or saturday evening works for me

I’m down but I legit thought that was a satirical post

Oh and play FCM/DomSpe with us

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

Fellis posted:

Hmm all these exotic sounding food options...is there anyplace I can get food with the texture/taste/spiciness of mayonaise in Indy?

Deviant posted:

Anything at High Velocity labeled "spicy".

Even the god damned SALSA is bland as hell.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

OB_Juan posted:

is just red and water

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Bottom Liner posted:

It was not satirical! Those games happen to fit in small boxes and I really want to play them but haven’t yet.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Fellis posted:

Hmm all these exotic sounding food options...is there anyplace I can get food with the texture/taste/spiciness of mayonaise in Indy?

Not really, Indiana takes most of it's culinary cues from Indonesia.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Oh poo poo, my wife may be getting induced during GenCon :cry:

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

Bottom Liner posted:

I didn’t think it was satirical in this thread but in boardgame general, absolutely. The callout was funny anyway, it was kinda schrodinger’s trollpost.

The times I listed are when I’m free to do fuckoff long games, aside from the 18xx and german politcal fuckoff long games I already have scheduled.

OB_Juan posted:

“Could I get the mild salsa”
*waitress points at ketchup*

djfooboo posted:

:ohdear:

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

djfooboo posted:

Congratulations! Also, bummer.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

djfooboo posted:

Like how many generic tickets is that?

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

Toshimo posted:

Like how many generic tickets is that?

Depends on if you want to watch or participate. :haw:

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

djfooboo posted:

Sucks for her.

Lawen
Aug 7, 2000

djfooboo posted:

I'm sure one of the nurses will FaceTime you for the important parts.

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA

djfooboo posted:

Possible welcome to Gen-Con Baby Club, m'Goon. It is certainly the only socially acceptable reason to miss Gen-Con.

Also I laughed out loud at "that's bait" even not knowing what any of those games are

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

djfooboo posted:

First they have women guests and panels about gender in gaming and now THIS?!?! #NotMyGencon

open_sketchbook
Feb 26, 2017

the only genius in the whole fucking business
Hey all I'm going to be there running as much Flying Circus as my body allows me to run. I will have regular game, Dawn Patrol (the WW1 version) and maybe early Shieldmaidens (the jet-powered version). I'll just be Around running it randomly, so if you run into me and have time and wanna fly planes we can do that!

LaSquida
Nov 1, 2012

Just keep on walkin'.

open_sketchbook posted:

Hey all I'm going to be there running as much Flying Circus as my body allows me to run. I will have regular game, Dawn Patrol (the WW1 version) and maybe early Shieldmaidens (the jet-powered version). I'll just be Around running it randomly, so if you run into me and have time and wanna fly planes we can do that!

Is there area set aside for pickup RPGs? I'd really like to get some Flying Circus played with its creator!

CellBlock
Oct 6, 2005

It just don't stop.

LeSquide posted:

Is there area set aside for pickup RPGs? I'd really like to get some Flying Circus played with its creator!

So there's "Games on Demand" where you show up and get slots in games, but those are usually indie/homebrew systems (I think). For a specific game/system, you're probably just looking for something like the #GenConPUG hashtag and asking if anyone else wants to play Flying Circus.

(I don't really know about pickup RPGs; when I play them, I usually get a ticket to a specific game/scenario so I know what I'm getting into in advance.)

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)
The main open play area is in one of the JW Marriott ballrooms. I don't know how well that will work for RPGs, though. As mentioned, I would check the groupme or hashtags. I think its generally more difficult to get people for pickup RPGs than board games. You could maybe also hang around the Indie Games on Demand Area and see if you can scrounge something together from people that couldn't get into an RPG they wanted to.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Genconpug is a dead hashtag any time I’ve looked at it.

Anyone else getting into town on Tuesday? Let’s do something.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Pickup RPGs can be hit or miss, IME. Hard to get players, and the ones you do get often drop out (much like any group). I don’t know if it’s just my generation or what, but people are super flakey.

Ego Trip
Aug 28, 2012

A tenacious little mouse!

Try the GroupMe?
That's where the yearly Fiascos and Moles games get "organized".

Haystack
Jan 23, 2005

Haystack posted:

🚧 GENCON FREEWAY CLOSURE WARNING! 🚧

https://www.in.gov/indot/3687.htm

A large chunk of I-65 about 1 mile north of the convention center is currently completely closed for renovations and is estimated to remain closed for the entirety of GenCon.

AIRPORT: No problem! Nothing between the convention center and the airport should be closed. You should see no issues if you are coming in from that direction.

CHICAGO: If you are driving down from Chicago, or staying on the north west side of town there will most likely be big detours and probably delays.

FORT WAYNE, ETC: Those coming from Fort Wayne down 69 may need to take a minor detour at the very end, but should be fine. South and east side travelers should also see little to no disruption.

Safe Travels!

Just a reminder.

CellBlock
Oct 6, 2005

It just don't stop.

Ego Trip posted:

Try the GroupMe?
That's where the yearly Fiascos and Moles games get "organized".

I thought "Breaking Bad, but with Dick Pills" was good, but whatever the poo poo happened in last year's Fiasco was loving amazing.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

Haystack posted:

Just a reminder.

if anyone else is like me (driving to Gencon for the first time and having no idea what any of that poo poo means), just use Waze, it will almost undoubtedly know about the closure and route you around it

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
Considering a Shots Wednesday RPG - Simplified dnd or maybe shadowrun. Is this a thing people would have interest in?

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

I’ll bring Spaceteam for shot Wednesday. Perfect table game for drinking and debauchery.

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

CellBlock posted:

I thought "Breaking Bad, but with Dick Pills" was good, but whatever the poo poo happened in last year's Fiasco was loving amazing.

the Ted Cruz Antifa Super Soldier Face-Off/Manchurian Candidate twist was pretty loving outstanding stuff

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!
I'll be around Wednesday, but admittedly the Rath profoundly wasn't for me, I might skip that meetup this year.

open_sketchbook posted:

Love to if I can find the time! I was a backer but haven't had time to absorb it yet, so getting thrown in the deep end sounds fine.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

Bottom Liner posted:

I’ll bring Spaceteam for shot Wednesday. Perfect table game for drinking and debauchery.

space team is an app though?

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

Deviant posted:

Space Alert probably?

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

Deviant posted:

They made a boardgame version

E: https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/184491/spaceteam

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Deviant posted:

it is both. the card game is basically the exact same experience though and it's great.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

What's the codenames of this gencon. What new goon approved excellence do I need to find?

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Junkie Disease posted:

What's the codenames of this gencon. What new goon approved excellence do I need to find?

Root is going to be the big one I think. It's loving great too. For small cheap games though Arboretum's reprint is going to be really popular, and it's also very good.

OgreNoah
Nov 18, 2003

Bottom Liner posted:

Root is going to be the big one I think. It's loving great too. For small cheap games though Arboretum's reprint is going to be really popular, and it's also very good.

My copy of Root just arrived on Friday and I'm bringing it, super excited to play it!

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)
While you're all waiting to go to gencon check out the new bee game video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7acvj7Jj7Ow

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Haystack posted:

Just a reminder.

I tested with Waze, and it will direct you around the construction.

Double Agent
Mar 28, 2005

Maybe we're not just a bunch of frak-ups after all.

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

the Ted Cruz Antifa Super Soldier Face-Off/Manchurian Candidate twist was pretty loving outstanding stuff

Its probably the only time that Jeb! Bush? has accomplished anything.

Amcoti
Apr 7, 2004

Sing for the flames that will rip through here

Junkie Disease posted:

Welcome to... seems like its getting some buzz and is similarly quick/light it looks like. I suspect it might be the game I buy for the sake of buying something at gencon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

OgreNoah posted:

My copy of Root just arrived on Friday and I'm bringing it, super excited to play it!

I'll be happy to teach and play any time.