Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

Cats are pretty low maintenance, I'd suggest keeping your new buddy on a high protein, limited ingredient wet food diet. It gives them a softer coat of fur, and cats get most of their moisture from their food so feeding them wet food means you don't have to put out a water bowl or fountain for them. I'd also suggest getting two litter boxes, it means you can scoop them every other day instead of daily and it also provides the cat with a back up place to poop if for some reason a litter box gets blocked off or whatever. Best of luck with your new friend!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Sitting at work thinking about fighting games, and how I'm too poo poo at them for them to really be enjoyable.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

My cat eats wet food and drinks water you prolly got a toilet cat if you think he dont need water

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

glam rock hamhock posted:

Isn't it just a best of collection from previous games or did they do something more with it?

From what I've been hearing it's like Rhythm Heaven Megamix a huge collection of past stuff plus some new stuff, but it's way better at being that than Rhythm Heaven Megamix. Also it has Nintendo dabbling in full voice acting again which, not gonna lie, I'm always interested when they do.

Unfortunately it's not out in the US until later this week :mad:

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

chumbler posted:

Sitting at work thinking about fighting games, and how I'm too poo poo at them for them to really be enjoyable.

Which ones do you wish you could play

it's pretty doable unless you're trying to jump straight into like KoF or something

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Even if you're bad playing FGs is still fun, IMO.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Fighting games are like anti-me. Nothing about them is appealing

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

Real hurthling! posted:

My cat eats wet food and drinks water you prolly got a toilet cat if you think he dont need water

The only time I ever see my guy drink water is when we put him on dry food if we go away for a few days. The other times I've left out the fountain he doesn't touch it, but I also add extra water in his wet food to make sure he's getting enough since I know cats are prone to bladder infections and kidney issues.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

In Training posted:

Even if you're bad playing FGs is still fun, IMO.

Ya!!!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I spent 5 hours yesterday periodically playing Street Fighter II and getting my rear end kicked and it was awesome

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Im jelly

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

The only time I ever see my guy drink water is when we put him on dry food if we go away for a few days. The other times I've left out the fountain he doesn't touch it, but I also add extra water in his wet food to make sure he's getting enough since I know cats are prone to bladder infections and kidney issues.

Grats on the toilet cat.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Help Im Alive posted:

Which ones do you wish you could play

it's pretty doable unless you're trying to jump straight into like KoF or something

Basically any of them are appealing, though I know I don't have the manual dexterity for kof or anime games despite thinking they're cool. I am mainly sticking to SF5 (yes I know everyone hates it) and Tekken, and probably SC6 when it comes out. It's less a game specific thing than just I can get blown up by someone just walking forward and mashing jab, which is not even a satisfying way to lose.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Nate RFB posted:

IMO having gone through this a year or so ago, the UltraHDMI mod is your best bet even if it is a bit of a nuclear option. Of course if you can get it to run fine on your TV with either a Framemeister or OSSC that's probably going to be cheaper/easier (but still requires a RGB mod).

I really don't want to open up my N64 and mod it. :(

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

chumbler posted:

Basically any of them are appealing, though I know I don't have the manual dexterity for kof or anime games despite thinking they're cool. I am mainly sticking to SF5 (yes I know everyone hates it) and Tekken, and probably SC6 when it comes out. It's less a game specific thing than just I can get blown up by someone just walking forward and mashing jab, which is not even a satisfying way to lose.

Anime games are way easier than sfv cause you arent eating poo poo vs yolo crush counters non stop.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

I'm so happy to use my 3DS again!! Is this digital only?

The first wario ware for gba was a mind blowing experience for me

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Real hurthling! posted:

Anime games are way easier than sfv cause you arent eating poo poo vs yolo crush counters non stop.

They also don't have input lag that fluctuates per round.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

I said come in! posted:

The sad truth is that these systems are never going to be built for modern TVs, sooner or later it's something you'll want to consider even if you can get something reasonable out of it at present (such as using a separate CRT).

That said, because the N64 is a blurry mess, an s-video cable into a Framemeister is at least somewhat better than composite.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Nate RFB posted:

The sad truth is that these systems are never going to be built for modern TVs, sooner or later it's something you'll want to consider even if you can get something reasonable out of it at present (such as using a separate CRT).

That said, because the N64 is a blurry mess, an s-video cable into a Framemeister is at least somewhat better than composite.

The problem is that the Framemeister appears to cost more then the N64 did when it first released. :/

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

codenameFANGIO posted:

You’re in Castlevania now. Bust out that transformed Threaded Cane.

I've been using the cane almost the whole game 8)

I literally linked my PS4 to my Twitter just so I could share screens of how awesome Cainhurst looks. I'm not even a screenshot sharing type but god drat that are made me so happy.

Really, the only thing that could've made BB more perfect for me is if the clocktower was a full area rather than just a room you do the best fight in the game in.

Also, please submit your august chat thread suggestions....NOW

update: the rest of the castle is dope but those giant fleas outside can kiss my rear end. which fight do you mean?

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
Fighting games rule, with team/battle royale games being the top games it's nice to play 1:1 games where you can just focus on you and improving your own play.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Looper posted:

update: the rest of the castle is dope but those giant fleas outside can kiss my rear end. which fight do you mean?

The fight I'm referring to is way later for you (it's in the expansion).

Speaking of fleas and the expansion: one lore detail I love in that game is all the Fleas are at the castle because that place was so awash in blood for awhile they could constantly gorge themselves and they look so gaunt there because almost everyone left there is dead. Later, in expansion you encounter the same enemies feeding in a river of blood and they're way fatter and less deadly

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Relax Or DIE posted:

Fighting games rule, with team/battle royale games being the top games it's nice to play 1:1 games where you can just focus on you and improving your own play.

:yeah:

I've been playing a lot of Tekken 7, the Treasure mode is fun.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

today is 7/29/18 and naoto is still much better than chie

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
if only naoto's romance was written less weirdly

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Real hurthling! posted:

https://twitter.com/OhPoorPup/status/857131811717222401

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

I said come in! posted:

The problem is that the Framemeister appears to cost more then the N64 did when it first released. :/
There is a reason we have a :retrogames: emote.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

The Colonel posted:

if only naoto's romance was written less weirdly

ya she did come off as neurotic didn't she

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

chumbler posted:

blazblue cross tag battle has less dexterity required than sf5 and it rules.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7T1SVnXYsk

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
:same:

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

hard disagree

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I said come in! posted:

Resident goon MonitorBurn will do it for you if you want. They do good work.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3837727

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I only watch broadcast TV when I visit my family over the summer, have ads always been like this, in one commercial break they had ads for "Send your poop through the mail to test for colon cancer" and "Is your dick curved, visit this website"

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

I said come in! posted:

Just wait for Nintendo to release an N64 Classic in (looks at watch)

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
The alternate ending to Super Mario Galaxy.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

The Colonel posted:

if only persona 4 was written less weirdly

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

codenameFANGIO posted:

hard disagree

https://giant.gfycat.com/DesertedMintyEagle.webm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

The fight I'm referring to is way later for you (it's in the expansion).

Speaking of fleas and the expansion: one lore detail I love in that game is all the Fleas are at the castle because that place was so awash in blood for awhile they could constantly gorge themselves and they look so gaunt there because almost everyone left there is dead. Later, in expansion you encounter the same enemies feeding in a river of blood and they're way fatter and less deadly

ahh gotcha, wasn't sure if you meant the boss of Cainhurst or something

probably about time to get the dlc but i feel a little weird spending more on it than i spent on the game itself

• Locked thread