Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

You can't spam ASB's, they are once per combat only. Just use it when you can get the most damage out of it (enelement, end of chain...).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
2/11: Bartz AOSB, Galuf BSB.

The Galuf one is actually pretty good because it means I'm at 4 Fire users (Bartz, Gilga, Galuf, Krile) for torment. Time to burn this house down.

Would've liked Bartz USB but I'm happy. It was pretty impossible to lose this banner. I'm planning another last minute hail mary pull later on, so.

Plus all this stuff recurs.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Everyone please take the survey. Thanks :tipshat:

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Elephant Ambush posted:

Everyone please take the survey. Thanks :tipshat:

Yes, everyone please do this and say that the game needs a wait mode.

DaddyBigBucks
Sep 28, 2003

For some reason I couldn't view the letter on my phone so I didn't take the survey :(

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

You've got two characters who's ATBs are neck and neck, not even a pixel apart. When their turn is up, you've got exactly zero seconds to correctly identify which character is selected and then use the correct command! If you hesitate or choose the wrong one you might wipe!

Seriously, why does this game not have a wait mode?

eelmonger
Jun 20, 2008

Fister Roboto posted:

You've got two characters who's ATBs are neck and neck, not even a pixel apart. When their turn is up, you've got exactly zero seconds to correctly identify which character is selected and then use the correct command! If you hesitate or choose the wrong one you might wipe!

Seriously, why does this game not have a wait mode?

I mean duh, you just have to remember which one was released in the game first because that's how they break ties. Git gud brah.

Seriously, it's really dumb to have all these speed-oriented goals in the game and then make it extremely difficult to actually manage how time passes. Not to mention that this is a PHONE game so I could get interrupted at any time by a text message or someone coming up to me to talk. All the other mobile RPGs I've tried have the common decency to wait for you to input an action before doing anything. Sadly, none of the other mobile RPGs I've played have Kefka spitting on someone for 99999 damage, so I keep coming back to FFRK.

bilperkins2
Nov 22, 2004

Fashion for Dogz
:france:

1 pull, Lenna USB. Nice but not what I wanted.

Ill-advised pull - Galuf LMR. Ugh.

RAGE gem pull (I know, bad idea) - Bartz LMR (dupe).

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAGEEEE

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Use the survey to tell them to add Mystic Quest to the game.

Also, I got BSB & USB for Bartz, and LRM for Krile.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

I think my CM run against Meltigemeni is the first time I've ever actually used my poison elemental resist accessories. Had to dig em out of the vault, still only had 4

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.

D??? clear:

Lenna USB2 / BSB2 / LMR
Galuf SSB (critfix) / CSB
Kelger USB (dived)
Dorgann BSB / LMR
Bartz earthBSB / USB1 / LMR (dived)

:toot:

Zernach
Oct 23, 2012
So I just started and am now sitting on 25 mythril, what banner should I click? I tried to read the last few pages but it was just gibberish to me :confused:.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Zernach posted:

So I just started and am now sitting on 25 mythril, what banner should I click? I tried to read the last few pages but it was just gibberish to me :confused:.

Don't pull on the newcomer banners. They're overloaded with old and outdated relics. You might get something cool, but you're just as likely to get some old unique that isn't worth the electrons it's printed on. And the old stuff that IS useful can be gotten from the newcomer quests, they offer a choice of relics as you go through (that may be overwhelming to a newbie but at least it's a choice not random)

As far as the other ones, some are better than others (Bartz on the FFV banner for example is a strong character who just got some new stuff that compliments him well) but if you're just starting out you can pull for what looks neat or your favorite realms and be happy. Aside from a couple of outliers everything on the new banners is good, or at least good enough, if you're not trying to immediately pursue whale content.

Bruceski fucked around with this message at 15:36 on Jul 29, 2018

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Zero dupes on FFV banner 1.

3/33

Lenna LMR
Galuf BSB
Bartz BSB

Laters, game.

saltylopez
Mar 30, 2010
So anybody have the math regarding how to best use Bartz? I have both his USB1 and USB2, I can en-element for wind, earth, and water, and I have his Glint.

Before I got his USB2, I was primarily lifesiphoning up to two bars, then en-element followed by USB1 and spellblade spam. I'm not sure now if that's still the best option.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

If you have a chain on the team with USB1, there's no need to en-element. He'll be hitting close to cap with just that. As for USB2, you'd probably want to Glint into that, and rely on the speediness of the actions to get in as much damage as possible for the finisher.

saltylopez
Mar 30, 2010
Unfortunately, the only chain I have is Rinoa's Ice chain, so barely any synergy with Bartz there.

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."

Zernach posted:

The Bartz FFV banner currently up, with his ASB, is fantastic and you should pull on it basically as many times as possible before it leaves.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Don't pull on a banner where you already have 4+ of the items already, imo

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Wow dived Bartz with lmr is real good at Squall BSB2 huh

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

I got my fourth Midgardsomr today and I'm finally going to have my very first 4* Magicite at level 99. Feels good to have Fast Act on my first one as well, it seems like a good investment.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Threw 100 gems from google rewards at banner 2, got Galuf LMR.

Nice!

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

MarquiseMindfang posted:

Threw 100 gems from google rewards at banner 2, got Galuf LMR.

Nice!
Somehow I have both Galuf LMR1 and LMR2. It's effectively a Legend Dive but with mythril instead of motes.

Also I have an insane 9/14 relics on banner 2, so uh...wow how did I miss most of the USBs?

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
I hate this loving game's gacha so much. I pulled once on FF5 banner 1 because I had 150 mythril and figured it was worth a shot at one of the new cool things.

1/11 dupe Bartz LMR. I am so loving mad.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

I really wish they would publish exact drop rates for banners, this is like the last gacha game (that I've played) that still hasn't done it. I refuse to believe LMR's are not way more common than other poo poo

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I got Butz earthBSB and Galuf LMR. Not a fantastic pull, but it pairs nicely with the Galuf chain I got on Thursday.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Indecisive posted:

I really wish they would publish exact drop rates for banners, this is like the last gacha game (that I've played) that still hasn't done it. I refuse to believe LMR's are not way more common than other poo poo

They post it in the Japanese game, but we just have to take their word that they don't tamper with it for global.

Of course, it's pretty easy to take their word since the last time they tampered they had a PR nightmare on their hands. :allears:

EDIT: That said, at least on 14-item banners it's 1% per banner item. That means that the 6* pool is ~4%, and the 5* pool is ~10%, give or take a few fractions of a percent for offbanner "luck". That means that yes, the less desirable stuff (LMRs, BSBs, Glints) are more than twice as common in a broad sense than the actual chaser items.

KataraniSword fucked around with this message at 07:24 on Jul 30, 2018

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Another end of month VIII event in JP, another list of new goodies. Ultimecia gets her USB and it's a Vivi model, while Edea gets an Ignis-alike USB2. All new relics are on banner 1, but banner 2 is like... most of the new stuff from the next VIII event banner 1 excepting, like, Quistis's LMR?

Banner 1 posted:

Squall's Flame Heart [AOSB, +10 ATK] - 3 single-target Fire Overflow physical attacks
Edea's Shooting Star [AOSB, +10 MAG] - 20 single-target Ice/Dark magic attacks & single-target Ice/Dark Overflow magic atack

Squall's Twin Lance+ [USB, +10 ATK] - 10 single-target Ice/Fire physical attacks, Quick Cast, Double Junction & Brave Mode to user
Double Junction: After using 0~8 Ice or Fire Spellblade abilities, Spellblade Damage +30~70%
Condition: Use Spellblade abilities
Level 0: Single-target Ice/Fire physical attack
Level 1~3: Single-target Ice/Fire Overflow physical attack

Edea's Black Robe [USB, +10 MAG] - 10 single-target Ice/Dark magic attacks, En-Ice, MAG & RES +30% and Astral World to user
Astral World: Quick Cast 1 to same-row allies after using Ice abilities
Ultimecia's Nightmare Dress A [USB, +10 MAG] - 10 single-target Wind/Dark magic attacks, En-Wind, MAG & RES +30% and Black Magic Ability Double to user

Seifer's Custom Hyperion [CSB, +10 ATK] - Activates Dark Limit Chain (150), Dark Damage +50% & ATK +50% to party

Squall's Tidal Heart [Glint, +10 ATK] - En-Fire, En-Fire Stack & High Quick Cast 2 to user, Instant Cast
Edea's Aura Staff [Glint, +10 MAG] - En-Ice, En-Ice Stack & High Quick Cast 2 to user, Instant Cast
Selphie's Wonder Wand [Glint, +10 MND] - h55 heal to party, Instant Cast

Squall's Balamb Mercenary [BSB, +10 ATK] - 8 single-target Fire/NE physical attacks, En-Fire, Burst Mode
Attack -> 2 single-target Fire/NE physical attacks, +1 Junction, maximum 3 stacks
Defend -> 4~7 single-target Fire/NE physical attacks, number of hits/multiplier/critical rate is dependent on Junction Level

Squall's Survival Vest [LMR, +10 ATK] - En-Fire for 25 seconds at the start of battle
Edea's Rod of Darkness [LMR, +10 MAG] - En-Ice for 25 seconds at the start of battle
Edea's Cardinal [LMR, +10 MAG] - 25% chance to Dualcast Ice abilities
Ultimecia's Harmonia Armlet [LMR, +10 MAG] - En-Wind for 25 seconds at the start of battle

Banner 2 posted:

Rinoa's Valkyrie [AOSB, +10 MAG] - 3 single-target Ice/Earth Overflow magic attacks
Squall's Enkindler [AOSB, +10 ATK] - 3 single-target Ice Overflow physical attacks

Rinoa's Pinwheel EX [USB, +10 MAG] - 10 single-target Ice magic attacks, En-Ice, BLK Damage +30% & Brave Mode to user
Condition: Use Black Magic abilities
Level 0: Single-target Ice magic attack
Level 1~3: Single-target Ice Overflow magic attack

Selphie's Bracelet [USB, +10 MND] - h85 heal, 40% Reraise & Astra to party, Instant Cast
Quistis's Dragon's Whisker [USB, +10 MAG] - ATK/MAG/RES +30%, Haste & 2000 HP Stock to party

Laguna's Bazooka [CSB, +10 ATK] - Activates Ice Limit Chain (150) & 50% Ice Field, ATK +50% to party

Rinoa's Wing Edge [Glint, +10 MAG] - High Quick Black Magic & Black Magic Ability Boost to user, Instant Cast
Quistis's Dragon Tail [Glint, +10 MAG] - Protect, Shell & 30% Stoneskin to party, Instant Cast
Squall's Contempt [Glint, +10 ATK] - En-Ice, En-Ice Stack & High Quick Cast 2 to user, Instant Cast

Selphie's Nunchaku S [BSB, +10 MND] - h85 heal & RES +100% to party, Burst Mode
Attack -> Single-target h105 heal, Instant Cast
Defend -> h25 heal to party

Rinoa's Kazakiri [LMR, +10 MAG] - En-Ice for 25 seconds at the start of battle
Rinoa's Magic Armlet [LMR, +10 MAG] - 25% chance to Dualcast Black Magic abilities
Squall's Lion Gloves [LMR, +10 ATK] - En-Ice for 25 seconds at the start of battle
Laguna's Presidential Casual [LMR, +10 ATK] - When using Machinist abilities, 25% chance to inflict minor Imperil Ice
Also, it doesn't look like there's a new element for Witch after all, but instead, we get 5* counterparts to the 4* Witch skills.

Sudden Thundara : 3 single-target Lightning magical attacks, grants Magical Quick Cast 1 to the user.
Sudden Blizzara : 3 single-target Ice magical attacks, grants Magical Quick Cast 1 to the user.

Hogama fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Jul 30, 2018

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

why the hell does squall have a fire burst, ultra, glint and asb

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

He’s a main hero, and already the top ice character, probably didn’t know what else to do with him so sidegrade it is.

And fire becaue that gives him potential synergy with Zell and Irvine.

And both are 14 relic banners, huh. Was the outrage against off banners bad enough that they are ditching that format?

Avalerion fucked around with this message at 11:16 on Jul 30, 2018

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
So what's with this wall gimmick fight?

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Do enough damage to it fast or it instakills you, I just threw Cloud at it.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Is that the first medica glint?

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Hogama posted:

All new relics are on banner 1, but banner 2 is like... most of the new stuff from the next VIII event banner 1 excepting, like, Quistis's LMR?

What do you think the over/under is on people on Discord insisting not to pull on the Quistis God Banner, and instead wait six months for this? :jerkbag:

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

I’m considering that, expect I still can’t beat tiamat so would need some ice tech sooner rather than later.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

Nihilarian posted:

Is that the first medica glint?

We've got a few. I think the first was Ellara (Cura Strength) and Tyro (Instant 2000 HP/Esuna) in Japan's most recent fest. Relm got one too in the last VI event.

There's also been some non-Medica Glints on White Mages, Yuna has High Regen and 50% Holy Bubble, and Y'shtola has Haste/Shell/High Regen.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

half a bar to summon endiku is a pretty good deal

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

Prav posted:

half a bar to summon endiku is a pretty good deal

Enkidu also has an esuna effect attached. Not quite the same, but an insta-cast AoE heal is still pretty good. If you mean Tyro glint, that has an esuna effect but it's 2000 HP stock. Still not the same, but arguably a bit better.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
Does Affliction Break work on Hades dumbfuck AoE interrupt?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Valth001
Jul 20, 2014

Elephant Ambush posted:

Does Affliction Break work on Hades dumbfuck AoE interrupt?

It does according to the AI on reddit.

It might be tricky to fit in Affliction Break on your team though.