Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
then again half the quests in the mage guild are going to other buildings and killing the mages in them so like maybe the mage guild is just really insular and since im an outsider they dont care about me enough to protect me but since i am killing the other mages for them they also do not mind me existing enough to end me

or maybe if there were other player characters in the world that mean lady at the entrance of the guild hall would be sending them to murder me :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weavered
Jun 23, 2013

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

?? Its not a bug. Its a weird design decision but isnt a bug. It isnt changed by either.

It is. That and everyone on Vvardenfell knowing about the crisis on Solsteim is removed by one of them.

Edit: I mean if you consider it not a bug is fair enough but it does get changed.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

I remember using a mod that prevents the brohood from coming in until you're level 15 or something, made more sense that way imo

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

the dark brotherhood attacks are truly random, sometimes you can not see them 10 times in a row, sometimes you'll see them 100 times in a row. they have a lot of members.

Weavered posted:

It is. That and everyone on Vvardenfell knowing about the crisis on Solsteim is removed by one of them.

Edit: I mean if you consider it not a bug is fair enough but it does get changed.

solstheim rumors yes, dark brotherhood constantly attacking you, no it is not fixed by any of the patch projects, but most specifically not by patch for purists. there are many good mods that fix that though!

ps here's a neat gif of someone who added new functional skills into morrowind https://gfycat.com/PlumpJitteryChipmunk not openmw, regular rear end morrowind with lua mwse

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

So whats the best place to learn lua for someone whose never programmed? This is awesome and i wanna get in on it.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Upmarket Mango posted:

So whats the best place to learn lua for someone whose never programmed? This is awesome and i wanna get in on it.

https://mwse.readthedocs.io/en/latest/lua/guide.html
https://learnxinyminutes.com/docs/lua/

and perhaps most importantly, download some of the already existing lua mods and copy what they do lol

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

https://streamable.com/zh4wh

mwse lua has functional sheaths too lol. hopefully the guy releases his file soon

in other news

here's a quickloot beta: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/381219559094616064/472914397136814082/quicklootv06.zip

it requires MWSE lua which you can find here
https://nullcascade.com/mwse/mwse-dev.zip

there isn't 'safe' item transfer between objects yet, so taking items destroys them and generates new copies in your inventory. You can see why that might be a bad thing!

z is loot, x is loot all, scroll wheel selects items

mbt fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Jul 29, 2018

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?
So I'm biting the bullet and doing an open MW install. Is there a modding guide somewhere in these 150 pages with a list of compatible mods? Also I'm getting lots of conflicting info as to whether the code patch works with openmw

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender

the dark brotherhood attacks are truly random, sometimes you can not see them 10 times in a row, sometimes you'll see them 100 times in a row. they have a lot of members.

solstheim rumors yes, dark brotherhood constantly attacking you, no it is not fixed by any of the patch projects, but most specifically not by patch for purists. there are many good mods that fix that though!

ps here's a neat gif of someone who added new functional skills into morrowind https://gfycat.com/PlumpJitteryChipmunk not openmw, regular rear end morrowind with lua mwse

lol, Morrowind is so drat cool and good

raminasi
Jan 25, 2005

a last drink with no ice

Guildenstern Mother posted:

Also I'm getting lots of conflicting info as to whether the code patch works with openmw

There is no possible way the MCP could be compatible with OpenMW, as it's a completely different binary. Where are you reading otherwise?

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

quote:

All that is needed to play Tamriel Rebuilt is the file downloaded from one of the above links, a working copy of Morrowind and its expansions Tribunal and Bloodmoon, and Tamriel_Data, version 04 or higher.
(The Morrowind code patch is highly recommended and OpenMW supported.)

The TR download page.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Yeah there seems to be missing a comma, there. They recommend the code patch, and also OpenMW is support (for TR, not the code patch)

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

So I'm biting the bullet and doing an open MW install. Is there a modding guide somewhere in these 150 pages with a list of compatible mods? Also I'm getting lots of conflicting info as to whether the code patch works with openmw

Any mod that doesn't require MWSE should just work. The code patch doesn't work as its a different code base, but OpenMW picks up many of the fixes or circumvents the issues entirely by virtue of being a different program.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Well while I get TR going, what's everyone using for head and body replacers?

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Well while I get TR going, what's everyone using for head and body replacers?

better bodies has been the standard since like the first time i started modding morrowind back in 2005

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

That's what I thought but I thought I'd remembered people ITT talking down on it so I thought maybe there was some new standard I hadn't bothered to keep up with.

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

You could also give Races Redone a look. You need to use this beast body mod with it, too I guess. I don't know if Robert's Bodies is included or required. I don't use any of these, personally but these are out there too.

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

somebody please mod BotW style traversal with stamina drain into openmw ty

as I recall daggerfall had something like this actually

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Upmarket Mango posted:

You could also give Races Redone a look. You need to use this beast body mod with it, too I guess. I don't know if Robert's Bodies is included or required. I don't use any of these, personally but these are out there too.

unless im confused is that mod mixing mackoms heads with westleys

why

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Fuligin posted:

somebody please mod BotW style traversal with stamina drain into openmw ty

as I recall daggerfall had something like this actually

???

also openmw loving ew nty

theyre busy trying to put potion throwing and poisons into it, rather than fix the AI or shadows or dehardcode stuff LOL meanwhile mwse lua has had poisons for a while

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
what if

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Tr release tomorrow

also lol https://gfycat.com/ScientificEuphoricButterfly

lua is fun, when this officially releases yall gonna be blown away

mbt fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Jul 31, 2018

Atrayonis
Jul 6, 2008

Godspeed, brave canary
TR released right now:

Tamriel Rebuilt is pleased to announce the release of build 18.07 "Old Ebonheart". As OE is the heart of Imperial Power in Morrowind, this is a very special release, offering a peek preview of Imperial politics, foreign types of Khajiit, and the Heartland banking families; in over 60 quests, the alien, western power of the Empire waits for you to engage it. - https://www.tamriel-rebuilt.org/content/tamriel-rebuilt-1807-release

Entropy238
Oct 21, 2010

Fallen Rib
Sweet. Looking forward to giving it a shot.

Also whoever writes the copy for your releases can really sell it.

Captain Scandinaiva
Mar 29, 2010

Atrayonis posted:

TR released right now:

Tamriel Rebuilt is pleased to announce the release of build 18.07 "Old Ebonheart". As OE is the heart of Imperial Power in Morrowind, this is a very special release, offering a peek preview of Imperial politics, foreign types of Khajiit, and the Heartland banking families; in over 60 quests, the alien, western power of the Empire waits for you to engage it. - https://www.tamriel-rebuilt.org/content/tamriel-rebuilt-1807-release

60 quests huh? That's impressive.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

making lua pursuit enhanced

60 lines of real good rear end code with no overhead

https://gfycat.com/OpulentInconsequentialGermanspaniel

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?

making lua pursuit enhanced

60 lines of real good rear end code with no overhead

https://gfycat.com/OpulentInconsequentialGermanspaniel

:aaa:

That is some good rear end code.

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

Is there a best starting location for new characters in TR?

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Old Ebonheart, it has a ton of low level quests. If you run tr preview teyn is done and npced and its the intentional seyda neen analog for TR

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
In terms of old content I think Firewatch is also generally favorable for low level characters.

Really TR is not like the real expansions, it's designed to be analogous to Vvardenfell, not Mournhold and Solstheim.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

does the code patch turn running into the default movement state now? it's sort of messing with my muscle memory

Generic Monk
Oct 31, 2011

Whorelord posted:

does the code patch turn running into the default movement state now? it's sort of messing with my muscle memory

hit capslock?

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?
Capslock, rightclick, capslock, rightclick. Changes your default movement between Run and Walk without changing whether Capslock is actually on.

Grevlek
Jan 11, 2004
I swear when I last played morrowind a couple years back, there was a single exe installer of about 3 gigs that was a comprehensive graphical update mod, and after installing it had a handy interface for hundreds of tweeks. It worked off a fresh steam install and I can't find it anywhere!

Cantorsdust
Aug 10, 2008

Infinitely many points, but zero length.

Grevlek posted:

I swear when I last played morrowind a couple years back, there was a single exe installer of about 3 gigs that was a comprehensive graphical update mod, and after installing it had a handy interface for hundreds of tweeks. It worked off a fresh steam install and I can't find it anywhere!

You're thinking of MGSO, which is controversial in this thread. It's handy, but significantly outdated at this point.

Grevlek
Jan 11, 2004

Cantorsdust posted:

You're thinking of MGSO, which is controversial in this thread. It's handy, but significantly outdated at this point.

Hey thank you! What's so controversial about it if I may ask?

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

old and outdated with no support from the team that put it together it, a lot of the graphics upgrades are far surpassed by other things by now or weren't great choices to begin with, etc

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010

Grevlek posted:

Hey thank you! What's so controversial about it if I may ask?

This is a thread for diehard Morrowind players who play it fairly often. The idea of spending 5-8 hours manually finding, updating, and installing a half dozen graphic packs, comparing/contrasting them, and building a perfect Morrowind isn't a big deal because they know what they want from the game.

MGSO takes 15 minutes, and will give you a perfectly fine Morrowind, with most of the major advancements over the last 10 or so years in it. It's not as perfect as it could be, and there are a few graphical packs that might be better then what MGSO offers. You could also find additional mods that could further help flesh out the game in different ways.

For thread regulars, MGSO is bad because why not just do the mod dance, we do it, it's easy.

As someone who is now old enough he doesn't want to do the mod dance, MGSO is fine because I can click a button, make a sandwich, and come back to a Morrowind that's new enough for me.

e: Also to be more fair to it. MGSO is old, and thus introduces a lot of conflicts if you try to use newer mods. If you just want to modernize Morrowind and go play Morrowind, MGSO is going to be fine. But if you really want to get deep into Morrowind modding, MGSO isn't a start. You'll get far better results doing it all by hand and just spending the day or so getting everything together. It's different values basically.

Rookersh fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Aug 12, 2018

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

i think there is a patch for MGSO that fixes a few broken meshes/missing textures that you will want, but I cannot find it right now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Entropy238
Oct 21, 2010

Fallen Rib
The version of the Lord's Mail found in MGSO is probably the ugliest armour I've ever seen in a computer game.