Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Nanigans posted:

I’ll admit the very end sucked, and they time traveled once or twice too many, but Trunks’ arc is generally considered the best arc in Super. Why didn’t you like it?

For all of those reasons, basically. All the instances of time travel felt so weirdly paced, and the plot to what amounts to "it's evil Goku" felt insanely convoluted for what is otherwise a very simple show about punching things.

Also a Youtube link for the Young Justice footage: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2y40b_1wIg

It's completely recaps and spoils season 2, so don't watch if you were planning on catching up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

I love all of these designs

edit:

aw, hell yea

https://twitter.com/TheAVClub/status/1020491313039462402

and also

quote:

Besides Mulaney, Sony also confirmed the casting of Kimiko Glenn as Peni Parker, a.k.a. robotic superhero Sp//dr from yet another bit of the Marvel multi-verse.

Samuringa fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Jul 21, 2018

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The new YJ looks exactly like the old YJ, which seems like it isn't enough for a revival of a dead series.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
SP//dr in an animated movie this year. Bless this timeline.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Samuringa posted:

I love all of these designs

Spidergang set as new phone background. 👏🏾

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Gwen is radiating big gay energy i like it

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

Opened my eyes.
I love all the different personalities in the single shot, Miles is "oh no" Peter is "Right, this is the part I get punched" and Gwen is "loving hell"

I was a bit miffed when they revealed this all the way back in December but now that they've been sprinkling little details all over the year I'm all aboard the hype train.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
https://twitter.com/OnePerfectShot/status/1021482445374476291

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I tried watching Justice League Dark since it's on Hulu, and boy is that movie a snorefest.

Good thing I bought the Lemire series on comixology to read instead.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

The part where they fight Felix Faust is pretty fun, I thought. The rest though, yeah, not great.

PicklePants
May 8, 2007
Woo!
It was better than Batman and Harley Quinn.

It's a bit sad how the quality of their animation has kind of dipped since Under the Red Hood.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
I still need to watch that and the Judas Contract. I think Judas Contract is on Hulu so I might watch that this weekend.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
I was on board with judas because I like the Damien Robin in these movies but the creepy slade and Terra thing really drew me out.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

pubic works project posted:

I still need to watch that and the Judas Contract. I think Judas Contract is on Hulu so I might watch that this weekend.

I always feel bad that and Terror of Trigon are the only Titans stories that exist. I mean, they're the only two I remember* but surely other stories have been written.

*Kidding, of course. There's also 'Who Is Donna Troy/Wonder Girl?'

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I don't like the animated Damian. It's like he just keeps learning the same lesson in every movie and then his character gets reset again.

I also hate that they aged Raven down to turn her into his love interest, which is all kinds of sketchy to me.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
Well, Nickelodeon just straight up added the full first episode of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles cartoons to YT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3X9LU0Lj2FA

The animation is great, I love the dialogue and I hate that Splinter.

I can see them having some fun with Leo's Portal Sword too.

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!
Fat Splinter is a strange choice...

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I kinda like it in that it makes siding with John Cena somewhat appealing.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Something that bugs me about bringing back the older style Teen Titans series is that it doesn't look like they're updating the look at all and man, those character designs haven't really aged well.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.

deong posted:

Fat Splinter is a strange choice...

It bugs me that he speaks like 90s Lo Wang

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

muscles like this! posted:

Something that bugs me about bringing back the older style Teen Titans series is that it doesn't look like they're updating the look at all and man, those character designs haven't really aged well.

Is it an actual revival, though, like Young Justice or Clone Wars or is it just a crossover with TTG? Because the designs looking dated would actually be a bonus for the latter as it's an opening for jokes.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
It's all pretty vague and unknown what they plan on doing with them. There was that mural of the OG Titans fighting the Titans GO, but also some guy on Twitter said a season 6 was very nearly official a few months ago. These are also the guys who teased that Slade was gonna feature in an episode and then made it about an edgy 90s reboot of a TV Clown.

I actually really like TTG, so whatever they do I hope that show sticks around.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Gaz-L posted:

Is it an actual revival, though, like Young Justice or Clone Wars or is it just a crossover with TTG? Because the designs looking dated would actually be a bonus for the latter as it's an opening for jokes.

They've already done a joke with using old footage and talking about the old version of the show so this has to be something different.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

They've already done a joke with using old footage and talking about the old version of the show so this has to be something different.

I suppose it's less of a coup to do a crossover the way the last few TMNT shows did because TTG has literally the same cast as the old show.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Of the main five characters I'd say only Robin's is particularly dated, and the others are designs far superior to pretty much any designs they've had in the comics(really this extends to most characters, especially ones like Jinx)

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

The teaser in question is just the titans hijacking the credits of the movie and telling us that "we think we found a way back" before cutting back.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
I still like the ongoing Spider Man cartoon. Using Panda Mania is a deep cut.

Also Anja is kinda awesome, if a bit selfish. "Yeah, I could use my spider powers to fight crime. It's sorta fun, but I just love science, so getting into college is way more important. Someone else can clean up those streets.

PicklePants
May 8, 2007
Woo!
Huh. They added a season of Justice League Action! to Hulu.

Man.. they're really hard on Booster.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

PicklePants posted:

Huh. They added a season of Justice League Action! to Hulu.

Man.. they're really hard on Booster.

Oh sweet. I only saw a couple of episodes so I'm glad to hear that.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
The Constantine animated series is being recut and released as an animated film

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tgujmtdj_3c

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
Holy poo poo, John just doesn't get a single loving break

Unmature
May 9, 2008
New TMNT looks so freakin' good. Can't wait.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

So according to FX CEO John Landgraf they weren't responsible for killing FX's animated Donglover Deadpool show. He claims that Marvel wasn't interested in whatever they turned in and didn't want to move forward on it.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

So according to FX CEO John Landgraf they weren't responsible for killing FX's animated Donglover Deadpool show. He claims that Marvel wasn't interested in whatever they turned in and didn't want to move forward on it.

I don't think anyone was blaming FX for that, I think people (including Glover) blamed Disney because of them being upset that the jokes weren't "family friendly" enough. Especially some Taylor Swift joke?

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Loving justice league action on Hulu, but is anyone else having trouble with it? Sometimes episodes are unavailable or multiple episodes share the same description. I can't really tell what I've watched or not.

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

Recently rewatched some Justice League Unlimited. Man was that show good. Task Force X is a good version of Suicide Squad told in a quarter of the time. Also the animation in Dc was way better back then. Things really moved well and there was a great sense of kinetic action through cuts. The recent DVD stuff doesn’t come close

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

JLU is a lot of fun but the animation really took a dive from the beginning of the Superman cartoon to JLU. Also I got really tired of guitar_riff.mp3.

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

REally? All the animation in JLU seems pretty solid whereas Superman had a lot of stiff animation aside from the episodes that TMS did when they owed the Korean studio a favor. Part of the reason Worlds Finest looks so good is TMS animated all 3 episodes and it is just beautiful. Whereas JLU doesn’t have really standout episodes but everything moves pretty well. The action scenes in that Task Force X episode are just great.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
I feel like JLU was generally pretty solid. Maybe not always gold, but better than average for the most part. Especially as someone who came up with horrendous 80s and 90s cartoons. Example: Pretty much all the USA Network mid 90s series (Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, Savage Dragon, Wild CATs.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Loved JLU and I am sad they got rid of it. Task Force X was one of my favorite episodes.