Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

I.N.R.I posted:

my guess its that its future proof and will let you update your vita and use it online and stuff without ever having to update the hack, like the 3ds one. basically, once youve installed it, youll always be able to use it

Thanks! This makes sense. I am gonna hold off a bit on doing this at all. Too many people saying you're crazy if you go past 3.65, and then others saying that you have to use some maitools if you stay on 3.65 which supposedly sucks??? idk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

this is why i got a vita all these god drat years ago. i just wanted a new psp with a good screen. gently caress yes.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Bolverkur posted:

this is why i got a vita all these god drat years ago. i just wanted a new psp with a good screen. gently caress yes.

i got it to play tomba and miku games

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I got a Vita to play Persona 4 Golden and then I didn’t play it for like a year and a half until I beat Persona 5

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

i don't have a vita because i'm not retarded.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

i don't have a vita because i'm not retarded.

same but just hte part about no vita

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

I don’t have a vita and I am retarded. e:wait that’s what you just said

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

spent my evening setting this up and its pretty awesome. gonna use it for ps1/psp games for now, since they have hardware support, before even trying to use any probably junky emulators. its fascinating looking at the homebrew databases for this and its flooded with ports of 12 year old link to the past romhacks with expanded universes and pdf lore companions with 25 total downloads.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

In Training posted:

spent my evening setting this up and its pretty awesome. gonna use it for ps1/psp games for now, since they have hardware support, before even trying to use any probably junky emulators. its fascinating looking at the homebrew databases for this and its flooded with ports of 12 year old link to the past romhacks with expanded universes and pdf lore companions with 25 total downloads.

i went to do it a while ago but i got confused by the instructions and gave up :eng99:

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

trying to jack off posted:

i went to do it a while ago but i got confused by the instructions and gave up :eng99:

Which? The Vita hack or PS3? I'm can lend a hand

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

ps3, im retarded

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Oh I meant the vita stuff. I don't have my PS3 hooked up

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The PS1 stuff works flawlessly, this is awesome.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

In Training posted:

The PS1 stuff works flawlessly, this is awesome.

Yeah there's actually some really good screen filters too. And I usually hate those

ps3, im retarded

Did you see that step by step post I made? I tried to take all the jargon out of it and outlined step by step how I did it to an unhacked ps3. If not let me know and I'll repost it.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

Yeah there's actually some really good screen filters too. And I usually hate those

Did you see that step by step post I made? I tried to take all the jargon out of it and outlined step by step how I did it to an unhacked ps3. If not let me know and I'll repost it.

I'd like to see it please.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

fadam posted:

I'd like to see it please.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3841665&pagenumber=1&perpage=40#post478724580

ChazTurbo
Oct 4, 2014
I haven't been up to date. Super slimn viable now?

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i think i got confused by the nand nor stuff, maybe ill try again next week when i have a new computer

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

i think i got confused by the nand nor stuff, maybe ill try again next week when i have a new computer

I don't remember writing that in my post at all lol

I don't even really know what those things mean. I know nand is like the firmware that's stored on a chip. No clue what nor is; I think it is important if you are going to hardmod the console??

Anyway it's pretty easy, it just looks like a lot of steps because of how I wrote it. Let me know if you have any problems and I can help you out

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

nad and norm

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

hack your psvita to play spyro and defeat gnasty gnorc

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

The Nintendo Wii has just been hacked no matter what firmware you're on!

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

I don't remember writing that in my post at all lol

I don't even really know what those things mean. I know nand is like the firmware that's stored on a chip. No clue what nor is; I think it is important if you are going to hardmod the console??

Anyway it's pretty easy, it just looks like a lot of steps because of how I wrote it. Let me know if you have any problems and I can help you out

nand and nor are different kinds of flash memory (used to store the firmware.) when you're doing the exploit you need to pick the right one for your ps3 or it will brick: in general, fats use nand and slims use nor

frh
Dec 6, 2014

Hire Kenny G to play for me in the elevator.
does this poo poo work on a super slim ps3 yet or what

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW posted:

does this poo poo work on a super slim ps3 yet or what

cuck sjw

frh
Dec 6, 2014

i got this title for making fun of someone who was pro gamer gate

I still don't know what its supposed to mean

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

This

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW posted:

i got this title for making fun of someone who was pro gamer gate

I still don't know what its supposed to mean

Gamer gate? I think I've heard of what this is but I can't seem to remember- care to provide some context here? What is it?

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Gamer gate? I think I've heard of what this is but I can't seem to remember- care to provide some context here? What is it?

Wondering this as well, thanks OP.

frh
Dec 6, 2014

its about ethics in games journalism

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
:ughh:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Don't update your system, Sony just new PS3 firmware to break this

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Thread title is now a lie, mods please dole out the appropriate punishments to Uncle at Nintendo.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Wtf... next thing you'll be telling me then Xbox One isn't that good ram-wise

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
There's no way you'd buy a system that has 4.83 on it so you'd basically have to go out of your way to get a ps3 that is not hackable

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS

goferchan posted:

Wtf... next thing you'll be telling me then Xbox One isn't that good ram-wise

No one is saying that

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Xbox Ambassador posted:

No one is saying that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IuuRc2qdRg

About 1:14 in

Chumbawumba4ever97 fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Oct 15, 2018

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

gently caress off

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS

Bolverkur posted:

gently caress off

Sheldon is a loving dipshit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

Xbox Ambassador posted:

Sheldon is a loving dipshit

Agreed. He’s clearly leaning toward buying an Xbox One.