Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Fangz posted:

In terms of the MCU, Musk is most like Justin Hammer.

even worse, hammer without the fake charisma

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

BiggerBoat posted:

He's kind of the Marvel version of Elon Musk now that I think about it

He's actually competent and empathetic when he needs to be, unlike Musk.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
musk doesnt invent anything either hes just rich

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Now that the X-Men have got that Disney money, they can just give Patrick Stewart the old Rogue One Peter Cushing treatment and have a CGI Prof X forever.

edit: I guess since Stewart's still alive they'll start with "X3 but good"

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I'd rather them abandon most of the X-men cast. I'd say keep the kids from Apocalypse, and the Deadpool cast.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

twistedmentat posted:

I'd rather them abandon most of the X-men cast. I'd say keep the kids from Apocalypse, and the Deadpool cast.

The Deadpool cast they can keep, but the X-Men could go either way. Like, if they want to skew young than you can cast Sophia Lillis as Jean and Millie Bobbie Brown as Kitty and you got some good young actresses set up to carry the films for the next decade (or more).

I think that would be the best way to go with the X-Men as setting up the original five (plus a couple others like Storm and Kitty) as teenagers. Give them a couple of films to expand the cast a little and find their footing. Then they can introduce Rogue into a Captain Marvel movie, setting up Rogue getting her powers. Then that would set the stage for the X-Men taking a reformed Rogue in with the Avengers trying to take her down, and there's one setup for Avengers vs. X-Men.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Yea, a proper Rogue is pretty much what I want.

Ideally an X-men movie for me would be the "Welcome to the X-men Kitty Pryde, I hope you survive the experiance" storyline. Use Kitty as the POV character, have the other X-men be a small group, a secret group, but then have the Hellfire Club be the main villains, dosn't need to go Dark Phoenix, because god drat Jean can have other god drat stories. Proper Hellfire Club, which honestly would work in this climate, them being a bunch of lovely rich guys who care nothing but their own profits and power over human life, but they're also mutants.

Shaw could be Bezos.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Rogue's the worst. Kitty too.

Everything you remember from the cartoon or the 90s was terrible.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Why do I feel a finger on the monkey paw curling

https://twitter.com/ThatKevinSmith/status/1023428501213343745?s=19

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Kevin Smith's Guardians of the Galaxy 3.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Man of Steel 3

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Codependent Poster posted:

We live in the darkest hellscape timeline, so it's probably this, isn't it?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Nasty.

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

"It's been a year since Gamora was murdered by Thanos and...

and her clit/brown/taint-area still pOwns my dick."

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
Let's keep Deadpool and Laura and the kids from Apocalypse. The first person who says the words "Dark Phoenix" will be immediately let go.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Kevin Smith adapts that Batman story where joker jokes about prison rape

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Scaramouche posted:

Kevin Smith adapts that Batman story where joker jokes about prison rape

Smith already wrote a story where Batman pisses himself

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Aphrodite posted:

Rogue's the worst. Kitty too.

Everything you remember from the cartoon or the 90s was terrible.

Rogue is the second or third most popular X-men, and I'm remembering the comics from the 70s and 80s. Kitty is great, it's not my fault that lots of weird skeevy guys who grew up to make genre stuff have creepy obsessions with her.

There's no way Kevin Smith does a Marvel movie, he basically has a DC brand on his face at this point.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

I bet it's going to be Star Wars.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Wheat Loaf posted:

I bet it's going to be Star Wars.

This Summer, don't miss... Boba Fett *hard cut to Boba Fett having sex with 25 twi'leks*

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
He's doing reshoots for Shazam to make the movie more in line with the well-received trailer.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!

Jamesman posted:

He's doing reshoots for Shazam to make the movie more in line with the well-received trailer.

Perfect.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Lurdiak posted:

This Summer, don't miss... Boba Fett *hard cut to Boba Fett having sex with 25 twi'leks*

Putting the franchise in the hands of what I believe the industry calls "more traditional talent".

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Can’t wait until the pOwns my dick tweet comes back up and he’s fired.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

He's written a Superman movie before... it didn't get made, but the script was bought, so I don't know what's a more massive ip to play with than that

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
Wracking my brain trying to think of property that Smith would good for. I don't hate him as much as most seem to but I'm drawing a blank here. Star Wars is a good guess.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Hasn’t his recent track record been pretty poo poo? I’m kind of surprised that a studio would go to him with a big property.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
There's always that abandoned Flash movie, and he's already directed one or two episodes of the Flash TV show.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Hasn’t his recent track record been pretty poo poo? I’m kind of surprised that a studio would go to him with a big property.

His recent track record has all been direct to streaming and self financed, so it's not like he's costing anyone money

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Ugly In The Morning posted:

His more recent output hasn't been terrible, and certainly shows a bit more maturity than his older stuff, but I also don't trust him not to smoke a ton of weed and return to form.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
We don't need maturity for superhero movies

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Smith already wrote a story where Batman pisses himself

Same story

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
It's be a movie in the Star Wars universe expanding on the battle between CockKnocker and Darth Bong.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Kevin Smith is writing the illumination Super Mario Bros movie obviously

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

It's probably a DC related project if it its anything related to comics at all. He has a good relationship with them. I doubt it has anything to do with comics though. Big IP could be anything for anyone. It sure as hell wouldn't be Marvel as I don't think Disney would touch him with ten foot pole.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I saw an article on Deadline which a) highlighted a tweet he made a while ago saying that the only involvement he expected to have with Marvel or Star Wars was going to see them in the cinema; and b) said that his highest budgeted project to date was Jersey Girl which was made for $35 million in 2004, so by Hollywood standards "the biggest budgeted thing I've ever done" for him isn't necessarily a high bar.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
No one at Disney is stupid enough to give Kevin Smith the keys to a Star Wars or MCU film.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I mean, they did hire James Gunn.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Aphrodite posted:

I mean, they did hire James Gunn.

Who made a few successful films before that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Rhyno posted:

No one at Disney is stupid enough to give Kevin Smith the keys to a Star Wars or MCU film.

They’re giving him Avengers vs X-Men.

• Locked thread