Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Geckoagua posted:

Thats actually pretty cool but I stand by the point that many characters have abilities that never actually made it into their published game.

Also I was thinking about it and Cain would've been better and more lore accurate if players had to right click him to heal or 'ID equipment' for temporary buffs :colbert:

having flashbacks to trying to get people to click my lightwell in WoW

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dire Human
Feb 1, 2013

AH-HA! That's right...

Who's laughing now?

Who's laughing now?

Is there a hots_players.txt? Because if one more hentai-addled gamer horndog calls Whitemane thicc despite her being built like a scarecrow I’m going to sprain my eyes rolling them

SirSamVimes posted:

having flashbacks to trying to get people to click my lightwell in WoW

I think in one of the more recent expansions they gave it a glyph to just make it auto-heal people near it, because player agency is all fun and games until you wipe on a boss for the tenth time

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

thicc has lost its original meaning and now is used by horny nerds to describe any female that gives them a stiffy

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Corsair Pool Boy posted:

That's a new one. On Towers, the red team Ana used her ult to stop me from capping an altar for a good 15 seconds while the rest of her team finished some business elsewhere. Every time I almost had the cap, a single shot came in to interrupt me.

https://youtu.be/ZCwvM1JGqXg?t=7

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

that butcher being stukov shoved into planet cracker :allears:

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

ty

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

I got to lane against a Rexxar as Zul'jin. 80 stacks in 3 minutes.

We lost because people had terrible positioning and map awareness, but holy poo poo, I was chunking people left and right.

Zwiebel
Feb 19, 2011

Hi!
I love that Murky, but it always feels like its usefulness, aside from some of the enemies that just have a really good matchup against the fish frog, is inversely proportional to the skill level and experience of the enemy player.

And it's killing me with how binary it is.
It's always either having a good time, dominating in lane, having all the fishy dreams come true harassing in lane, keeping things pushed and slowing retreating enemies to a crawl while body blocking them or leading around half the enemy team, wasting their time as they try to chase you.

Or its just complete failure on all fronts as you get instantly blown up because the enemy team is just stacked with characters that punish Murky.

At the very least, I think Murky shouldn't give any stacks for any talent or trait, resets or abilities at all.
Make it count as less than a minion or something.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
Gimmick characters are gimmicky.

I mean, I love completing my Medivh Q at around 3 minutes, then clowning for the entire game, so Godspeed Murky picks!

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

there's nothing quite like being a colossal piece of poo poo to genji

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

Kith posted:

Beautiful, and I would do the same to a Tracer or Chromie.

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

Kith posted:

blessed image

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Shockeh posted:

Gimmick characters are gimmicky.

I mean, I love completing my Medivh Q at around 3 minutes, then clowning for the entire game, so Godspeed Murky picks!

Yeah I mean as someone who has more time played on Murky than the rest of the heroes I have, Murky is great when it works out but when it doesn't you just kind of have to shrug it off. If a team is very good at dealing with you while also dealing with the other team, you probably won't be able to accomplish much. If the team is helping Butcher farm his quest on you and stops your escape + your team doesn't help you at all, the Butcher will get very easy stacks. Characters with really high damage can be tough to deal with, and if they are good at dealing with your pufferfish that's also gonna give you problems. At least in QM, which is all I play, it's basically luck of the draw. And sometimes you're gonna get put up against heroes that counter you pretty hard or against players that just know how to easily deal with you.

However I'd say just as often, you're gonna run into groups that are say, full of big beefy tanks to farm ink stacks on, or players who just don't know how to deal with you at all. Had a game recently where the other team was constantly down one of their big DPS (Lunara) because she was ALWAYS in my lane trying to stop me from pushing. It did keep me held back, but it meant they were out a pretty significant DPS and just constantly lost team fights.

Murky is gimmicky as hell and sometimes the gimmick doesn't work but a lot of times it does and it's sweet as hell.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

I really hate new Braxis and it took me a few games to figure out why.

The 0% wave with the ultra can do serious damage to structures. So if your team sits on your thumbs and lets the enemy get a 100% wave, they still have to leave someone behind or they give up a ton of structural damage. But then you defend as five, so they’re pushing 4v5. Ideally the wave balances that a bit, but in practice it’s not nearly as dangerous to heroes as it is to structures and it goes down super fast to any kind of aoe. So you get very moderate value out of it unless you send all five to push, but then you lose almost as much as you gain.

It’s kind of like old haunted mines where the games would settle in to long slogs because defending was so much easier than attacking. It’s very similar to haunted mines, actually— two lanes, objective that takes you out of lane, sliding scale so both teams can get part of the objective, boss in the middle that tends to cause throws.

I dunno. I like the idea of buffing the sub-100% waves, but especially now that it’s easier to delay by sitting on the circle, I’d rather they buff the 20-75% waves more and cut from the 0%.

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

I really hate new Braxis and it took me a few games to figure out why.

The 0% wave with the ultra can do serious damage to structures. So if your team sits on your thumbs and lets the enemy get a 100% wave, they still have to leave someone behind or they give up a ton of structural damage. But then you defend as five, so they’re pushing 4v5. Ideally the wave balances that a bit, but in practice it’s not nearly as dangerous to heroes as it is to structures and it goes down super fast to any kind of aoe. So you get very moderate value out of it unless you send all five to push, but then you lose almost as much as you gain.

It’s kind of like old haunted mines where the games would settle in to long slogs because defending was so much easier than attacking. It’s very similar to haunted mines, actually— two lanes, objective that takes you out of lane, sliding scale so both teams can get part of the objective, boss in the middle that tends to cause throws.

I dunno. I like the idea of buffing the sub-100% waves, but especially now that it’s easier to delay by sitting on the circle, I’d rather they buff the 20-75% waves more and cut from the 0%.

I'd be OK with buffing the mid-range Zerg if they also buffed the 100% to match, but I think Braxis is as close to balanced as it's going to get right now. And yeah, it's easy to throw with the boss, but that's because people STILL insist on going for it with the other team up. In my experience it's almost 50-50 in those circumstances who will actually get it, but that's a people problem, not a map one, and I see it on Alterac and Tomb as well.

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn

Corsair Pool Boy posted:

yeah, it's easy to throw with the boss, but that's because people STILL insist on going for it with the other team up. In my experience it's almost 50-50 in those circumstances who will actually get it, but that's a people problem, not a map one, and I see it on Alterac and Tomb as well.

The fact that it's in the center of the map means you really can't get away with stealth killing it, even using only 1-2 heroes. People cross lanes all the time in Braxis, it takes seconds to check boss if you are clearing a regular camp, and it's not a long walk from anywhere on the map. On Tomb and Alterac, you can jump on the boss when the enemy team is pushing the far lane.

tcjimbo
May 15, 2008

This is Jimbo!
Hey-hey, man!
We got this!
Just a reminder to everyone to type /join sagoons in game to join the goon channel and find games. It's unacceptable I have no fodder to queue with.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
https://twitter.com/BlizzHeroes/status/1023614129762791425

Brotherhood of Nod/Cobras coming to HotS I guess.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Kane lives.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
So is the first at the end that punches the screen a hero hint

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

tcjimbo posted:

Just a reminder to everyone to type /join sagoons in game to join the goon channel and find games. It's unacceptable I have no fodder to queue with.

I can confirm this is a good guy to queue with. Primo shot caller and probably better at your hero than you are. He'd probably be better playing a second hero with his feet than having me on his team, but he let's me queue with him anyway!

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

Macaluso posted:

So is the first at the end that punches the screen a hero hint

Either that or there is going to be a GI Joe counter skin pack.

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice
I asked earlier and didn't see any replies. Are there any UI mods out there for HotS? I guess they may have deliberately designed to not allow that for play balance reasons, but they have them in WoW which has lots of pvp, so...

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.

ToastyPotato posted:

Either that or there is going to be a GI Joe counter skin pack.

It looks like the S.T.O.R.M. skins are already that, at least in this video. We are overdue for Cop Jaina that shouts "FREEZE!"

Who's that in the picture?

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

HitTheTargets posted:

It looks like the S.T.O.R.M. skins are already that, at least in this video. We are overdue for Cop Jaina that shouts "FREEZE!"

Who's that in the picture?

No idea, kind of looked like a young Sombra though.

Also that fist might have been Cop Greymane, but if it’s a new hero I’m guessing Winston.

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this
"Wireless fun-adaptor" you were speaking of.
Is there no Overwatch hero with a little sister or a daughter and that was her brother/father/cousin, something?

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
Brigette in OW is the niece of Torb, I think. She hung around the team since she was a kid IIRC? She's a hero now though.

My first impression was that the grunt he makes when punching sounded like a Reinhart grunt. But I doubt it. It's also a pretty normal fist. Also, it doesn't really make sense to tease an OW hero in a video about a made up faction for skins. So I still think it's just teasing another skin pack. Probably leading to an event.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

probably a skin for someone if not another original character

also brigitte is torb's daughter

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
Does doomfist have a daughter?

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!
It not a hots original character if they convince the overwatch team to put their name in a skin lore blurb first. Genji's younger cousin, orphelia!

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Auto attack hanzo (redemption on 1) is actually pretty playable at lower ranks after the buff. The dps it does at 6.5 range when you're stacked is absurd, substantially more damage than a max hatred valla. Going redemption at 1 also doesnt require much investment, though I have fun picking the % dmg and armor reduction talents no one picks anymore.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
Following those talents and taking the stun arrow with teleport to finish off fleeing enemies is amazing and more people should take it. I got my rear end handed to my by this too teir Hanzo and I wasn’t even mad.

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn

No Wave posted:

Auto attack hanzo (redemption on 1) is actually pretty playable at lower ranks after the buff. The dps it does at 6.5 range when you're stacked is absurd, substantially more damage than a max hatred valla. Going redemption at 1 also doesnt require much investment, though I have fun picking the % dmg and armor reduction talents no one picks anymore.

I got Hanzo to 5 in AI games using redemption/AA talent build and it puts out decent damage with very little effort. You can completely ignore his Q and W and still be top damage dealer. It was very relaxing compared to the spastic footwork and perfect angled/timed shots of playing Hanzo correctly.

I warned my team at the start of the match by telling them I Hanjo.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
The AA build is real bad if the enemy team tries to do things like CC or attack you. The numbers are great if they don't though!

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I don't see why it's worse than any other auto attacker. You're only giving up 2/7s of your scatter arrow damage or ~20% of your storm bow damage for your increased attack speed.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Jul 30, 2018

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Every time I'm forced to Hanzo I go Redemption because comboing it with Never Outmatched means you can spastically vomit Scatter Arrow constantly and usually the enemy team doesn't know how to handle it.

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice
Yeah, his attack speed is slow enough that you can move around a lot, they don't get much of a window to CC you. And if they do, it's not like scatter arrow will save you.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

No Wave posted:

I don't see why it's worse than any other auto attacker. You're only giving up 2/7s of your scatter arrow damage or ~20% of your storm bow damage for your increased attack speed.

But you need full stacks to get any benefit at all and that's not a trivial quest to complete. Plus losing stacks when you die sucks. Also other auto attacks either have better escapes or aren't made of tissue paper.

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Guerilla war struggle is a new entertainment.
Fallen Rib
PTR patch with Chromie and Stukov changes https://heroesofthestorm.com/en-us/blog/21971414/heroes-of-the-storm-ptr-patch-notes-july-30-2018-2018-7-30/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Lol rip chromie. Unless that cast speed change makes sand blast undodgeable she's going to need a load of buffs. I don't envy the devs in trying to fix this hero, it seems borderline impossible but I'll be very happy with a gutting.

Stukov changes are interesting, love what they did with growing infestation. Feels weaker overall tbh but maybe I'm missing something.