Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gnoman
Feb 12, 2014

Come, all you fair and tender maids
Who flourish in your pri-ime
Beware, take care, keep your garden fair
Let Gnoman steal your thy-y-me
Le-et Gnoman steal your thyme

Check the screenshot folder. It makes a noise every time it takes one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Galick
Nov 26, 2011

Why does Khajiit have to go to prison this time?
Oh. WHY DOES IT MAKE THE WINDOWS 10 ERROR NOISE

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Does it use Ding, Beep or Exclamation?

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

goatface posted:

Does it use Ding, Beep or Exclamation?

yup

Galick
Nov 26, 2011

Alrighty, fight has been ran and results are known: I'm not uploading or finalizing it yet until I do the writeup and get back into the swing of things! Expect it sometime tonight or early tomorrow, but the arena is alive again!

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Oh thank God its back. Those old commissioners suck so hard

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

:f5: :ohdear:

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Spermy Smurf posted:

Buncha no good bums

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!

Spermy Smurf posted:

Hangin' is too good for 'em.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Added Space posted:

Hangin' is too good for 'em.

The arena is always in need of fresh blood...

Which it will probably have, I just checked the docket and Beer Batter is up against a yeti.

Better go ahead and start thinking about my next gladiator, in all likelihood... Then again, Armok knows no favorites, only sacrifices.

Cythereal fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Jul 29, 2018

Galick
Nov 26, 2011

Hello and welcome, to the 1057 Armok Arena League, fear His name! Today, we begin with a promising bloodbath: on the left side of the glorious arena is Whitespace, the female Strangler! She wears a copper helm and a pair of leather boots, and wields a copper pickaxe in each pair of hands! And on the right side today, we have a knight among us: Sir Harold Bird IV! Sir Harold, despite his noble origins, is equally undressed: he wears little more than a jaunty leather cap, a pair leather gauntlets, and wields his badge of office: a great platinum halberd!

The two charge each other before the word go! They clash in the middle of the arena, and with a quick step to the side and a flourish of his blood, Sir Haorld gets first blood!

And what a blow it is! Whitespace's chest is nothing more than a fountain of blood for the glory of Armok, fear His name, and she's certain to drown at this point from that blow! They disengage - more specifically, Whitespace disengages and her hands come to her chest to try and stem some of the bleeding - and being the honorable opponent that he is, Sir Harold allows it.

They dance around each other soon after as Whitespace's bleeding slows enough, trading blows but nothing serious occurs - every swing of the halberd is met with a pick or a rolling dodge, and the halberd is used to block the Strangler's offense in its tracks!

Blood continues to erupt from Whitespace's body, glorifying this wondrous arena for Armok, and still they fight - and soon Whitespace strikes a telling blow herself!

Her pick sinks shallowly into the knight's skull, and at last, both combatants have been bloodied before the terrible visage of Armok.

And the blood continues to flow!

Despite both parties losing a frankly unreasonable amount of blood at this point, they continue their sluggish fight. They trade blows, pick being blocked by halberd and halberd being blocked by pick or being dodged aside! The combatants seem equally skilled, but soon Whitespace is picking up steam once more:

Her lungs no longer flood with her own blood, and the Strangler begins to fight back with a renewed fervor!

They trade blows now, and both combatants are beginning to tire - and it shows. Their dance has slowed, and each blow that lands would have been deflected before, but now they bite into soft skin and weak bone, pleasing our Blood God!

Whitespace has seen far better days.

And Sir Haorld, while wounded, fares far better.

But after flooring his opponent, Sir Harold leaves himself open to a crippling blow to the head! From the ground Whitespace lurches up, her pick sinking into the knight's skull and leaving him scrambled and in horrible agony!

Whitespace is in no state to move at this point, but she doesn't have to: the Strangler sinks her pick into his skull again and again while both of them are laying upon the cold stone floor, in puddles of their own blood, and it's with one last strike that crumbles his skull like a vein of rich Adamantine that the knight falls. Perhaps he shouldn't have let the Strangler recuperate as much as she has.

And in the glory of first blood upon the arena stones, Armok blesses us with a stream of purest lava, steadily devouring the arena!

Ladies and gentlemen, I have been your commissioner and welcome to the 1057 Arena, for the glory of Armok!

And here's the playback, for your viewing pleasure, arena combatants!

Galick fucked around with this message at 15:51 on Jul 29, 2018

Galick
Nov 26, 2011

oh wow those are way bigger than I thought they'd be. Should I reduce the size of these from here on? Also apologies about the lava, I fat fingered when I was taking the last few screenshots and I was trying to get a look at their wounds. It didn't interfere with the fight at all as Sir Harold was struck down before the lava could intervene with either side.

V Thank you!

Galick fucked around with this message at 15:51 on Jul 29, 2018

Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

Someone is getting this as an avatar. I don't know who, but it's gonna happen.
I'd forgotten how short the combat logs could be in singles.

Also, might want to link the combat log at the end.

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

A good start! Collapsed lung? No problem!

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

This is horseshit, i demand a recount

e: perhaps I should not have made my slashing weapon from an extremely heavy material that carries a poor edge

Ignite Memories fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Jul 29, 2018

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
yeeeeeah, that first blow would have been game over if the halberd was made of iron or bronze or even copper

How Disgusting
Feb 21, 2018
Is it too late to join the party?

Code is 3989645 since I can't post in the other thread.

Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

Someone is getting this as an avatar. I don't know who, but it's gonna happen.
Too late to put a fighter in, but you can still bet!

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Galick posted:

oh wow those are way bigger than I thought they'd be. Should I reduce the size of these from here on?

yeah you should definitely throw the images in a timg from now on; i enjoyed the writeup tho!

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Or use irfanviews batch ability to crop the files to 80% and jpg or png to save space.

One of the batch methods, I believe jpg, absolutely ruins the text so test first!

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

My antenna is telling me that you're probably wrong about this.
Soiled Meat

Ignite Memories posted:

e: perhaps I should not have made my slashing weapon from an extremely heavy material that carries a poor edge

But platinum is so classy all the best people surround themselves with luxurious precious metals.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
MORE BLOOD

Galick
Nov 26, 2011

Blood is on the way in 4~ hours when I finish this bit of work!

Galick
Nov 26, 2011

Hello and welcome to the second round of the 1057 Armok League! I'm your host, Galick, and today we have a real battle of contrasts!

On the left side of the arena, we have Jingle Jangy Stabsy, a Dark Gnome wielding a large iron dagger, a buckler, and little else but pride! And on the right side, we have the human Lumbering Jack, a former lumberjack who still wields the tool of his trade - an iron great axe - and a full set of iron otherwise!

Let the contest begin!

They clash and immediately, Stabsy is pushed back by the weight of Lumbering Jack's blows, but no blood is drawn yet - they dance around the arena, Stabsy getting in two blows for Jack's every one, but the little gnome just can't get enough muscle behind his dagger to pierce the human's plate!

Neither is hurt, but neither is winded - this contest can go either way! Until...it can't any longer.

With a single heavy blow that sweeps across the ground like he were felling a tall tree, Lumbering Jack sweeps Stabsy out from under his feet - and an entire leg! The Gnome topples to the ground, and blood sprays across the glorious arena, and from the paling in the Dark Gnome's face, he knows it's only a matter of time.

And time is all it takes. With a few last great chops with his axe, Lumbering Jack is the victor without a single scratch! Praise to Armok for this display of blood, and congratulations to Lumbering Jack for his flawless victory!

And the recording, for your viewing pleasure, witnesses at home!

Galick
Nov 26, 2011

Size better that time? And how's picture quality? Is all the text legible for everyone?

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Galick posted:

Size better that time? And how's picture quality? Is all the text legible for everyone?

seems fine for me

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Galick posted:

Little guys tend to be very swingy. All it takes is one good hit to decide a battle, and little guys suffer more from hits than the big dudes. Jingle was most likely dead the moment he lost his leg, and hard to say whether that's from a skill differential or just luck.

:xcom:

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
Full set of iron plate. Yeah, that was a hard counter for poor Stabsy. Steel probably would have made quick work of Jack, tho.

e: That having been said, using iron was not a mistake on the player's part, any less fully armored enemy would have been in serious danger from this build. They just got hosed over by the luck of the draw.

my dad fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Jul 30, 2018

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
RIP small gnome man

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me
Ah, nuts! Yeah, I was hoping Stabsy would get a quick blow in there. Well done iron human man!

Lady Teacup
Dec 6, 2016

my dad posted:

Full set of iron plate. Yeah, that was a hard counter for poor Stabsy. Steel probably would have made quick work of Jack, tho.

e: That having been said, using iron was not a mistake on the player's part, any less fully armored enemy would have been in serious danger from this build. They just got hosed over by the luck of the draw.

fallingdownjoe posted:

Ah, nuts! Yeah, I was hoping Stabsy would get a quick blow in there. Well done iron human man!

My very first arena fighter was a Kobold named Stabbington who had an iron dagger and a buckler, and over the course of 9 opponents he managed to get one kill, so I'm not entirely sure what ISN'T a hard counter to the "small dude with a knife" archetype.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Lady Teacup posted:

My very first arena fighter was a Kobold named Stabbington who had an iron dagger and a buckler, and over the course of 9 opponents he managed to get one kill, so I'm not entirely sure what ISN'T a hard counter to the "small dude with a knife" archetype.

I mean, a lot of stuff depends on your skills, which I can't exactly see just from the combat report. However, there was some fuckery with small creatures and weapon sizes, and weapons that should have been one handed for the size were counted as two handed, with the associated 50% skill penalty for using them in one hand.

While I didn't want to nitpick too much, unless your fighter strong enough to push a dagger through armor, a short sword does everything a dagger does, but better.

Galick
Nov 26, 2011

Having a BBQ! Fight will be posted after, if at all tonight, depends on how drunk I get - if it isn't tonight, Beer Batter and On Bi Van Kenjo Bi will have their bout in the morning!

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Galick posted:

Having a BBQ! Fight will be posted after, if at all tonight, depends on how drunk I get - if it isn't tonight, Beer Batter and On Bi Van Kenjo Bi will have their bout in the morning!

It's 6pm and I've already been to 4 bars so get drunk SUPER DRUNK HELL YEAH

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
RIP GALICK BURNED HIS HOUSE DOWN DURING A BBQ
PEPERONY AND CHEASE

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Well it was fun, I think it's safe to assume I would have just destroyed the competition, good game all, you did your best and gave it 100% but in the end you were no match for gently caress Rogers

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Bad Munki posted:

Well it was fun, I think it's safe to assume I would have just destroyed the competition, good game all, you did your best and gave it 100% but in the end you were no match for gently caress Rogers

I'm pretty sure I was u to fight you I think in the tourney so no you would have been smashed to butts with my maul

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Bummer for you my fighter was already a butt, then there'd be two butts, butt always wins

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Bad Munki posted:

Bummer for you my fighter was already a butt, then there'd be two butts, butt always wins

Oh noooo the ol endless butt maneuver from SS13

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Galick
Nov 26, 2011

Fight incoming once I finish some work in 4~ hours!