Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Pirate Radar posted:

https://twitter.com/lesliecockburn/status/1023701334434959362?s=21

one of those two things is going to get a lot more attention than the other

i'm playing banner saga 3 right now and the unwinnable fight against entropy and madness basically seems like a one to one comparison with the real world

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

i'm playing banner saga 3 right now and the unwinnable fight against entropy and madness basically seems like a one to one comparison with the real world

How is that, by the way? I liked the second one, but not as much as the first one.

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013
anime is good

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
i just got invited to a wedding on friday by text message, i kind of think it's a trap but for the life of me i can't figure out what kind

Majorian posted:

How is that, by the way? I liked the second one, but not as much as the first one.

i'm only two hours in. gameplay wise it's pretty much the same, some new elements added, but so far they don't amount to much. story seems to be shaping up fine. it'll probably take my second playthrough on an alternate campaign before i really know how i feel about that

avshalemon
Jun 28, 2018

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

i just got invited to a wedding on friday by text message, i kind of think it's a trap but for the life of me i can't figure out what kind

i'm only two hours in. gameplay wise it's pretty much the same, some new elements added, but so far they don't amount to much. story seems to be shaping up fine. it'll probably take my second playthrough on an alternate campaign before i really know how i feel about that

what traps could there be in your friends wedding at applebees

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

cinci zoo sniper posted:

what traps could there be in your friends wedding at applebees

they're not even a friend, they're a vague former work acquaintance

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

i think i'm going to blow all of my hard saved cash on a dinner party, it's been too long since i've rolled up my sleeves and actually cooked

heh, look at this chump loosing five cents a bag

lol I've spent so much time in the South where they roll coal for breakfast I forgot the civilized parts of the country charge for plastic

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

they're not even a friend, they're a vague former work acquaintance

They're desperate for guests

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Martha Stewart Undying posted:

lol I've spent so much time in the South where they roll coal for breakfast I forgot the civilized parts of the country charge for plastic

we have a couple of different plastic bag bans rolling out across the region at different rates. i can never keep track of where you can't get them at all and where they come with an extra fee

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I was listening to my old CDs yesterday and there's a Finnish band called Ultra Bra which was rather popular in the mid-to-late nineties, and they had a song called "Kahdeksanvuotiaana" i.e. "As an Eight-Year-Old" and the first two verses go something like this (my translation):

As an eight-year-old I knew
That the world would be destroyed
In a duel between superpowers.
As an eight-year-old I knew
That man will be crushed
Into history in the blink of an eye.

As it turns out
Wars are complicated
National conflicts
Where there's shooting
And where a few people
Die at a time
Where a few people
Die at a time

And I think it's funny that we went from fearing nuclear annihilation to not fearing nuclear annihilation and now we're back to fearing nuclear annihilation again :laffo: and :lol:.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

avshalemon posted:

my state recently stopped providing plastic bags in supermarkets and the baby boomers absolutely lost their loving minds, i haven't seen this much public hysteria and contention since we joined the war in afghanistan

If they're like my grandma they're incredibly mad they lost they're free garbage bags

avshalemon
Jun 28, 2018

inspiring

avshalemon
Jun 28, 2018

mandatory lesbian posted:

If they're like my grandma they're incredibly mad they lost they're free garbage bags
i'm like your grandma in that way, but for the rest of them it really does seem to be the tiny loss of convenience that's bothering them. they all buy heavy-duty triple-reinforced industrial plastic garbage bags made for the purpose of holding industrial amounts of garbage and/or delicate yellow plastic garbage bags with a vanilla scent made for the purpose of holding discreet garbage prettily (my grandma). having to remember to grab a bag on their way out the door to the supermarket is apparently a major thing to force on them and they resent it. there's lots of "putting sea turtles above the needs of hard-working everyday australians" going around

avshalemon
Jun 28, 2018

who the gently caress names a kid brace. like come on. if my parents named me brace i'd do exactly what he did, just to get back at them

avshalemon
Jun 28, 2018

not implying that growing up with a terrible name makes young white men fight isis, i'm sure he had his reasons and they were all unimaginably deep and complex, but that was definitely a major reason

avshalemon
Jun 28, 2018

now let's all complain about our names for ten pages

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

avshalemon posted:

If I have a son I’m naming him Fourtwenty

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

avshalemon posted:

i'm sure he had his reasons and they were all unimaginably deep and complex,

Not really, no

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

avshalemon posted:

i have anglo name :(

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

cinci zoo sniper posted:

i have anglo name :(

Arguably none of my names are anglo

I don’t know where my German ancestors were from so I’m not sure if my middle name is anglo or saxon or something else entirely

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Pirate Radar posted:

Arguably none of my names are anglo

I don’t know where my German ancestors were from so I’m not sure if my middle name is anglo or saxon or something else entirely

okay ingemar

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
https://twitter.com/politico/status/1023898651641434112

christ

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

perfectly fine and normal system system where the future can hang on whether or not someone lives to be 100

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

https://m.sfgate.com/california-wildfires/article/Guy-Fieri-barbecue-carr-fire-13115299.php

Guy Fieri to the rescue

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

I don't think I'll ever understand why she didn't step down when she had the loving chance.:ughh:

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

really

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

I'm really having trouble adjusting to the Guy Fieri is Good paradigm

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

wait, someone fill me in on ginsburg. i thought she was meant to be good but i also remember that i dont remember something about her and that i may have asked this question before

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

WoodrowSkillson posted:

I'm really having trouble adjusting to the Guy Fieri is Good paradigm

really the only inevitable reveal tbh

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

Berke Negri posted:

really the only inevitable reveal tbh

He even officiated marriages for a whole bunch of gay people and had a gay sister that he was close with so the whole "guy is a homophobe" story seems to have been essentially slander from a shithead former business partner.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

more like revisiontown

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.

cinci zoo sniper posted:

wait, someone fill me in on ginsburg. i thought she was meant to be good but i also remember that i dont remember something about her and that i may have asked this question before

libs have memed an old centrist white lady into a 90s west coast rapper for whatever reason

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

exmarx posted:

centrist

HorrificExistence
Jun 25, 2017

by Athanatos
According to TSA internal documents published by the Boston Globe, air marshals observe passengers for a number of behaviours including:

Excessive fidgeting
Excessive sweating
Cold penetrating stare
Wide open, staring eyes
Face touching
How much they sleep during a flight
Using a smartphone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Majorian posted:

I don't think I'll ever understand why she didn't step down when she had the loving chance.:ughh:

When was that? 2009 or 2010? Because any other year would have been Biden Ruled by McConnell.

• Locked thread