Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

BiggerBoat posted:

Delaware is basically where banks go to set up their corporate headquarters and avoid rules. I don't recall a Libertarian streak but let me think about it.

Everything I know about Delaware I learned from Wayne's World.

"Hi. I'm in Delaware." :geno:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

BiggerBoat posted:

I was born in New Mexico and raised in Delaware (true story) so this post caught my eye.

I don't know anything about NM so I can not confirm but Delaware is basically where banks go to set up their corporate headquarters and avoid rules. I don't recall a Libertarian streak but let me think about it.

An old company I worked for headquartered in Wilmington for that reason. They conducted their business shark style, ie keep moving, securing really big, bad loans from Delaware banks, based on projections of growth, then spend all the loan money on a bunch of acquisitions to show on paper they grew, then start over with newer, bigger, badder loans. The mind reels.

Delaware has Yeungling and Wawa, however, so it is technically part of a slim profile of truly terrific states in the Union.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

mysterious frankie posted:

Delaware has Yeungling and Wawa, however, so it is technically part of a slim profile of truly terrific states in the Union.

Those are both native to Pennsylvania, bub. I'm not gonna slander Delaware or anything, but I'm also not going to sit by while someone gives them credit for PA's stuff.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

SpacePig posted:

Those are both native to Pennsylvania, bub. I'm not gonna slander Delaware or anything, but I'm also not going to sit by while someone gives them credit for PA's stuff.

Like that little triangular sliver of land amirite

(e. drat nah, that was Maryland, oh well it almost worked)

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

SpacePig posted:

I don’t think he’s saying they’re from there, just that they have them. Just like the only other thing Delaware is known for, Joe Biden.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

I don’t think he’s saying they’re from there, just that they have them. Just like the only other thing Delaware is known for, Joe Biden.

Rehobeth Beach is pretty nice. What's left of the beach anyway.

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Watch out for Sea Bees folks!!!!

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

SpacePig posted:

Yeah, but they're both available there. It's slim profile, like I said, but every state that has both Yeungling and Wawa gets added to the list of Best States, regardless of how lovely and bleak they are to live in otherwise. If there's a state that has both, plus a Taco Johns, I would seriously consider moving.

Admiral Bosch
Apr 19, 2007
Who is Admiral Aken Bosch, and what is that old scoundrel up to?
Yuengling sucks and is anti-labor, and Sheetz > wawa

Dungeon Ecology
Feb 9, 2011

yuengling just tastes like fancier coors or whatever. its still watery light beer.

but it sure does make people mad to hear that.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Yeah, but they're both available there. It's slim profile, like I said, but every state that has both Yeungling and Wawa gets added to the list of Best States, regardless of how lovely and bleak they are to live in otherwise. If there's a state that has both, plus a Taco Johns, I would seriously consider moving.

You're in luck. There's a Taco John's and a few Wawas on Long Island, and New York is in Yuengling's distribution radius. (You can also get Utz chips, which are much better than anything Lay's puts out.)

SneezeOfTheDecade has a new favorite as of 21:35 on Jul 30, 2018

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

pretty sure Florida has all 3. you should move there and tell me if it's one if the best states

ChubbyPitbull
Dec 10, 2005
Awww....look how OHMYGODMYHAND!
Utz and Sheetz also being founded and based out of Pennsylvania (No Taco John's though).

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Be careful what you say, because Yuengling and Wawa are also both in New Jersey.

Also, Virginia is a state that has Yuengling, and Virginia Beach has a Wawa, a Taco John's. So I guess move there.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

I'll do it, you fuckers. I'll move to all those states. Watch me do it.

I'm doing it.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I don't think he's doing it.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

DandyLion posted:

Watch out for Sea Bees folks!!!!

Not all of us keep losing, Frasier!

tankadillo
Aug 15, 2006

Besesoth posted:

You're in luck. There's a Taco John's and a few Wawas on Long Island, and New York is in Yuengling's distribution radius. (You can also get Utz chips, which are much better than anything Lay's puts out.)

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
lol isn’t yuengling available anywhere? It’s like going across state lines to get that bud light lime you like so much.

Pairs well with an Applebee’s steak.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Admiral Bosch posted:

Yuengling is anti-labor

Didn’t know that, thanks ✊🏻

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Rolo posted:

lol isn’t yuengling available anywhere? It’s like going across state lines to get that bud light lime you like so much.

Pairs well with an Applebee’s steak.

East coast beer.

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib

Admiral Bosch posted:

Yuengling sucks and is anti-labor

Snowy posted:

Didn’t know that, thanks ✊🏻

They also SUPER support Trump, FWIW.

Funny beer picture that I agree with heartily:

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

The first time I saw Yuengling on a menu after moving to the east coast I thought it was Chinese

lmao

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
Anyone who thinks Sheetz is better than Wawa is a damned fool. Also screw Utz, Herrs is where it’s at

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Data Graham posted:

The first time I saw Yuengling on a menu after moving to the east coast I thought it was Chinese

lmao
So did I, after only hearing about it online. :saddowns:

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Without the font on the label it's basically impossible to guess.

e:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

https://vtt.tumblr.com/tumblr_pc3pn31seS1xvgjjg.mp4
https://vtt.tumblr.com/tumblr_pbyzzpqYp71vnft7g_480.mp4

James Woods
Jul 15, 2003
I used to work at a Pittsburgh themed bar here in San Francisco (one of five at the time) that paid a guy to bootleg Yuengling in. A dude who knew the owner would make a cross country trip from PGH once a month with a pickup truck full of the stuff. They'd sell it by request only to customers from a hidden stash in the cooler and would also sell cases to regulars who were transplants from the area. The price? $8 a bottle. It was the only beer the staff couldn't drink for free.

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

What's so special about yeungling? Microbreweries are a dime a dozen these days, America is lousy with phenomenal local beers right now

e: like there's one near me that does an incredible winter ale, which my god is so dark and bitter that I can barely drink it

Ziv Zulander has a new favorite as of 00:30 on Jul 31, 2018

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
nothing.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

Ziv Zulander posted:

What's so special about yeungling? Microbreweries are a dime a dozen these days, America is lousy with phenomenal local beers right now

e: like there's one near me that does an incredible winter ale, which my god is so dark and bitter that I can barely drink it

It's a completely nice, inoffensive beer that is really cheap if you are in one of the states that have it. It's not worth a pilgrimage or anything, but it's High Life tier, price-wise, while tasting nothing like corn and bubbles. I'd always have it when I had to work out of the corporate offices, or was working at a site in some rando east coast state and it was just kind of... good. It's pleasant and asks nothing of you. Its lack of specialness makes it special.

Shame about the anti labor poo poo though. Did not know that.

Wawa coffee and sandwiches remain extremely good though.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Coydog posted:

Did they?

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut

BiggerBoat posted:

Rehobeth Beach is pretty nice. What's left of the beach anyway.

How's Bethany Beach doing?

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Well this is just insanely unrealistic.

It purports to be London, but the sun is clearly shining and also I didn't see any of those people sobbing from the pure misery of living in London. Also, they were wearing colours other than grey and black.

A clever fake, but I'm on to you.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Howard Beale posted:

How's Bethany Beach doing?

eroded all the way down to Ocean City MD last time I was there (3 or 4 years ago) . OCean almost reaches the boardwalks . i'd say 20 or 30 yards maybe.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Ziv Zulander posted:

Absolutely nothing. It's not an adjunct beer so it doesn't have the corn and rice flavors of Budweiser or Miller, but it's a very mild malt flavor with a tiny citrus note. Very easy to drink, but really boring and low in alcohol.

Any bar selling even the most common craft brews in America like Fat Tire and Sam Adams will have beers that taste better and get you drunk faster.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

https://twitter.com/pechigin/status/1023133557013667840

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Coydog posted:

Order placed.