Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.

njsykora posted:

I spent about 30 minutes hunting animals on the plains to unveil....this. Tempted to melt it into endo so no-one else is cursed by it.

Keep it until after the melee rework. It might be a monster then

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

WebDO posted:

I'm sure they thought about appropriately calling them the Anime Superpower Society but they realized there may be issues sending players on a quest to find rear end

If there's one thing I've realised its that to go forward in time is to look back in time and add some lasers

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

And reminder, this Friday's devstream is going to be focused on the Melee 3.0 rework - I'm psyched out my gourd :neckbeard:

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Elysiume posted:

You don't need to pair sentinels to their guns; you can use a deconstructor on a carrier.

This is true for all of them except Deconstructor, which is melee while the rest of them are not. I use Artax on my carrier already, but I cannot put Deconstructor on it.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

DoombatINC posted:

And reminder, this Friday's devstream is going to be focused on the Melee 3.0 rework - I'm psyched out my gourd :neckbeard:

Granted I'm a new player but I think the melee in this game is actually really good. What changes did they have in mind?

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Psion posted:

This is true for all of them except Deconstructor, which is melee while the rest of them are not. I use Artax on my carrier already, but I cannot put Deconstructor on it.
Really? That's a weird exception. I have some guns mismatched and assumed it wasn't restricted.

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

Granted I'm a new player but I think the melee in this game is actually really good. What changes did they have in mind?

It's more replacing the channeling mechanic. If you have the melee weapon fully equipped and hit primary fire you "channel" energy into the weapon for various effects. The problem is it's never worth it since you're better of using your energy for warframe abilities.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

As of a few months ago, the plan was:

-Give all melee weapons an across the board damage boost, plus some individual retooling like the weapon update earlier this year
-Remove channeling and merge some of its functionality into blocking
-Turn the channeling button into the heavy attack button
-Have the combo multiplier build much faster from light attacks, but only apply to heavy attacks (which 'spends' the combo as a damage multiplier on the attack)
-Smooth out combo attacks to be more intuitive
-Increase overall weapon range, reduce range mod effectiveness
-Change slam attacks to be directional

Here's them demoing it with a one handed sword against some invincible butchers (again, several months old):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCA4Z1ydrPk

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

The stated goals last time they spoke at length seemed to be simplifying ease of combo use, shorten range, ramp up combo damage way faster, and adding an awesome directional aerial dive/slam.

I might be missing a couple things but that's the gist.

e;fb

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

Get rid of a broken feature, add in a few cool new ones. Same as usual.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
I notice in the video he's able to consistently aim down and do a ground slam, I can do that in the game now but it's very finicky and relies on you looking slightly downwards at an enemy somewhat? It would be really nice if the new heavy attack button was the new dedicated ground slam button.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Avynte posted:

The stated goals last time they spoke at length seemed to be simplifying ease of combo use, shorten range, ramp up combo damage way faster, and adding an awesome directional aerial dive/slam.

I might be missing a couple things but that's the gist.

e;fb

shortening range might be bad. i really on reach with some melee builds to deal with nullifier bubbles

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
they want to kill giant range spin attack spam as the premiere melee option, and i say good

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

It would be really nice if the new heavy attack button was the new dedicated ground slam button.
I hope so, because looking down with a controller is an absolute pig.

Pooncha
Feb 15, 2014

Making the impossible possumable

Elysiume posted:

You don't need to pair sentinels to their guns; you can use a deconstructor on a carrier.

Deconstructor is married to Helios for reasons, but you could probably get it on another sentinel with judicious abuse of the Randomize button. No guarantees on your sanity, though.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

they want to kill giant range spin attack spam as the premiere melee option, and i say good

yeah, same. i really couldn't be happier about dumb maiming strike poo poo being gutted.

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

There is a single line during one of the quests saying to seek out the quills about your powers, they don't say where they are on or what planet they are on, and there might of been a side-quest mention of the quills in cetus during one of the earliest quests 200 hours before you got that far, that should be pleeeenty, I don't need no game to hold my hand.

I like that the game doesn't hold my hand and I don't mind researching for more detailed explanations about game systems. What I don't like is when the game makes a system apparently crucial to finishing one of the game's main story quests, and then fails to let the players know that it even exists. If it wasn't for people coincidentally talking about the subject in this thread I would be either completely oblivious to the existence of it or I would have to spoil the story by looking for a guide.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Ohtsam posted:

It's more replacing the channeling mechanic. If you have the melee weapon fully equipped and hit primary fire you "channel" energy into the weapon for various effects. The problem is it's never worth it since you're better of using your energy for warframe abilities.

It's a lot more than that. The rework is in response to the fact that the current melee system is designed for the game's initial concept, which wasn't as dynasty warriors/horde shooter as the game is now. Stuff like channeling and melee combos are meant to take down stronger enemies that don't exist, and people use melee now to cleave through groups of enemies in just a few hits. Combos aren't practical and channeling is mostly pointless. The redesigned system is intended to make combos and melee in general more flexible and tied into the movement system.

Souplesse
May 31, 2011

Gentlemoas.

Pooncha posted:

Deconstructor is married to Helios for reasons, but you could probably get it on another sentinel with judicious abuse of the Randomize button. No guarantees on your sanity, though.
Because Deconstructor animations involve Helios throwing itself at stuff like a tornado of K'Nex. Imagine Diriga doing that.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Pigbottom posted:

I like that the game doesn't hold my hand and I don't mind researching for more detailed explanations about game systems. What I don't like is when the game makes a system apparently crucial to finishing one of the game's main story quests, and then fails to let the players know that it even exists. If it wasn't for people coincidentally talking about the subject in this thread I would be either completely oblivious to the existence of it or I would have to spoil the story by looking for a guide.

you CAN complete the sacrifice without getting an amp, it's just going to be frustrating to do considering the fight will keep oneshotting you whole you do a few hp of damage each time.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Johnny Joestar posted:

yeah, same. i really couldn't be happier about dumb maiming strike poo poo being gutted.

I'd better sell mine before the bottom falls out :shepface:

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

if they're going to focus on details about the melee rework on this upcoming stream i'd say it's definitely time to offload it before everyone is directly told how it's going to be bumped down.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

RFC2324 posted:

you CAN complete the sacrifice without getting an amp, it's just going to be frustrating to do considering the fight will keep oneshotting you whole you do a few hp of damage each time.
I really think they need to change the quest list to a tree, with the core quests as the trunk and the optional quests opening up when you pass the right core quest.

Either way, Saya's Vigil should end with a visit to Onkko, and having a gilded amp should be a prerequisite for the sacrifice.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i don't see why a gilded amp would be necessary, the gilding doesn't add any actual damage and is just supplemental stats. if someone isn't able to beat the sacrifice with a non-mote amp then i dunno if adding a little more crit and status is going to make a difference.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
beat it with a mote amp, it wasn't that bad

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

I did it without an amp and it was miserable.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Tomorrow is gonna be fun. Rhino Prime, Arca Plasmor, Atomos, and Ignis Wraith all coming out to play. :getin:

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

I'm still waiting on the detonite invasion to be done before getting my wraith.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Is there an efficient way to farm Axi relics that I'm missing? I have been running Marduk while the Void stuff is awarding relics for completion, and it works but it loves to just poo poo Neo relics all over my face, only occasionally giving me an Axi. I'm guessing I have to run endless modes of an appropriate level?

I'm trying to get the neuroptics for Limbo Prime and Hydroid Prime and they're both Axi relics. It's been frustrating.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Look up on the wiki to see what the relics with those parts drop from, some relics (Axi especially) you'll need to run higher level stuff.

HundredBears
Feb 14, 2012
Since you don't need the Rhino/Nyx relics, your best bet is high-tier interceptions. They drop Axi relics on both the B and C rotations, so you can get two every 16 minutes or so. I'd recommend Cerberus on Pluto.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Johnny Joestar posted:

the gilding doesn't add any actual damage and is just supplemental stats.
It adds another 500 base damage, at least it did with the one I had. Plus the crit & status boosts, plus how much easier it is to hit (at least with schwaak).

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.
There's a warframe that puts a load of floppy dongs on the floor. Best game ever.

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Pigbottom posted:

There's a warframe that puts a load of floppy dongs on the floor. Best game ever.

Make your energy color yellow and that same Warframe can down enemies in a puddle of pee

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Bobby Deluxe posted:

plus how much easier it is to hit (at least with schwaak).

to be fair, that has nothing to do with actually gilding the thing

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Sokani posted:

I did the sacrifice with no amp, not even mote. I didn't know it was a thing!

You poor bastard.

I'm still unhappy about how central operator mode is to all of the recent content. The entire mode is pretty awful. Give me a goddamn void gun for my warframe so I never need to pull up the operator again.

Synthbuttrange fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Jul 31, 2018

Generic Octopus
Mar 27, 2010

Synthbuttrange posted:

I'm still unhappy about how central operator mode is to all of the recent content. The entire mode is pretty awful. Give me a goddamn void gun for my warframe so I never need to pull up the operator again.

I'd like operator more if it felt more powerful (maybe a better word is 'impactful'); like, have the focus schools all grant different Warframe-like ability sets that make the operators feel like the scary forces of nature the Orokin were afraid of.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Have the operator as a primary weapon, carry them around like in Second Dream. Slot mods and forma. Void beam! :v:

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Synthbuttrange posted:

Have the operator as a primary weapon, carry them around like in Second Dream. Slot mods and forma. Void beam! :v:

that's how i feel with umbra tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

operators get pretty tough and lots of weird powers but it requires a lot of effort to get to that point

it's pretty night and day with no mote op and someone with waybounds and a whole school of abilities unlocked