Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
My friend and I were getting to be back on speaking terms until she let slip that she's been running an rpg with multiple people when she didn't have time to even keep the basic contact with me. But her WoW guilds, so easy.

Somehow she doesn't get how I'd be irritated that she could muster up enough of her life to play a drat game but couldn't be bothered to let me know she was even alive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
If your friend is from New York state and recently moved to Texas, we may in fact know the same person :sigh:

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
My partner and I decided to spring for some soylent-like smoothie powder called Huel (not to replace all of our meals with, like its devotees swear one should do, just replace our usual lovely morning meals with something better than milk and chocolate), and we have two problems with it that completely fit in the First World:

- It's actually tasty as hell. I think both of us were expecting to not like it, throw the bags of it in the garbage, and try and blame the other person for deciding to do it in the first place. The recommended recipe is 2-3 scoops of powder and cold water, but replace a little bit of the water with milk and throw in a banana or something, and it's great. If we like it, we'll have to buy more of it, eventually.

- Neither of us gets enough fiber in our diets. Huel has, supposedly, lots of fiber. While we haven't had the sudden-onset-trots that typically come from using too much meal replacements, we're both active participants in the "... was that you, or me?" game.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

MisterBibs posted:

I got home from work last night so tired that it was was the kind of tired that it actively hurts, hampering actually getting to sleep. Figured that I'd crack open an energy drink, the 'logic' (such as it was) that it'd shave off some of my fatigue, and nine times out of ten it doesn't really make me wired or anything to do an energy drink.

Tonight was the tenth out of ten times, though, because not only did it not kill that ugh-I'm-so-loving-tired pain, but it actually kept me awake a few hours later when I did try and go to sleep. The only saving grace is that I have off completely from both of my jobs, so I can properly crash later.

As someone with a lifetime of sleeping problems, you have my sympathy.
I just got over another 8 days of almost no sleep per night.

It's a miracle if I get six hours in a night.

Every doctor just goes, "Exercise yourself to exhaustion every night or take a bunch of drugs."

kreyla
Dec 31, 2008

MisterBibs posted:

My partner and I decided to spring for some soylent-like smoothie powder called Huel (not to replace all of our meals with, like its devotees swear one should do, just replace our usual lovely morning meals with something better than milk and chocolate), and we have two problems with it that completely fit in the First World:

- It's actually tasty as hell. I think both of us were expecting to not like it, throw the bags of it in the garbage, and try and blame the other person for deciding to do it in the first place. The recommended recipe is 2-3 scoops of powder and cold water, but replace a little bit of the water with milk and throw in a banana or something, and it's great. If we like it, we'll have to buy more of it, eventually.

- Neither of us gets enough fiber in our diets. Huel has, supposedly, lots of fiber. While we haven't had the sudden-onset-trots that typically come from using too much meal replacements, we're both active participants in the "... was that you, or me?" game.

This is useful info since I've been meaning to try Huel. Is it expensive for one meal a day use?

My ongoing FWP is I drink too much caffiene, have no appetite, and wonder why I feel anxious and unhappy.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
I bought a thing on Amazon and left a review talking about one aspect of the product I was wondering about. Two weeks later I decided to search the reviews for an answer to that aspect and the only review mentioning it is mine.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

Inzombiac posted:

As someone with a lifetime of sleeping problems, you have my sympathy.
I just got over another 8 days of almost no sleep per night.

It's a miracle if I get six hours in a night.

Every doctor just goes, "Exercise yourself to exhaustion every night or take a bunch of drugs."

My doctor gave me trazodone which works really well and doesn’t have the same unconscious sleep walking insanity that ambien and lunesta have; which, while they make for hilarious stories, I don’t want to end up crashing my car with a McDonald’s hamburger in my mouth.

FWP: one day I was up all night laughing uncontrollably at the comments on this, so much so that I was crying and my stomach hurt.

E: goddamnit I started reading it again and I woke up at 5 am to take my medicine, not to read this and laugh. Now I won’t get enough sleep cause I’m going to IKEA at 11am

E2: now I’m having an asthma attack from laughing and my doctors gonna think I’m abusing my inhaler cause I’ve been using it too much... but it’s my allergies dammit! They’re really and this year! My friend has the same exact problem.

e3: many hours later: New FWP: I am watching simpsons and they're talking about barbecue ribs and I need ribs NOW.

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 16:19 on Jul 26, 2018

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

This isn't Middle Earth, Quentin. There aren't enough noble quests to go around.
I’m trying to register for my local grocery store’s app in order to get coupons, but it’s not recognizing my last name and bonus club member number (from the back of their bonus club card).

I just want coupons for cereal and yogurt :sigh:

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

kreyla posted:

This is useful info since I've been meaning to try Huel. Is it expensive for one meal a day use?

I wouldn't say its inexpensive, but I ordered the two bags (they don't let you buy only one) and it came out to 66 bucks. We haven't done enough to see how long two bags of it lasts, but it hardly feels like we're making a dent in the first bag we cracked open.

I mean, it's an excuse to unpack the Nutribullet, since I imagine blending it manually would be annoying. vOv

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
1: I did up my nails all fancy but it has a lot of layers so it’s gonna take a billion hours to fully dry

2: the Simpsons episode I’m watching has homer making brownies and I just realized I haven’t made brownies in a long time, and I also want brownies even though I’m trying to lose some weight

3: losing weight is hard

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

Thin Privilege posted:

1: I did up my nails all fancy but it has a lot of layers so it’s gonna take a billion hours to fully dry

2: the Simpsons episode I’m watching has homer making brownies and I just realized I haven’t made brownies in a long time, and I also want brownies even though I’m trying to lose some weight

3: losing weight is hard

Username and post combo is strong as always.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

Intoluene posted:

Username and post combo is strong as always.

Hey now, I can still fit in my car seat without honking the horn with my fat stomach like that lady in the 600 Pound Life episode, so I do have some privilege!

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
I've been taking co-codamol tablets three or four times a day for at least the last five years, and every so often I still gently caress up and get them caught at the back of my throat. The taste is loving foul and lingers. Plus I'm sure the paracetamol is only in there so I won't go nuts and take more sweet codeine than I should in one go.

Chef Bourgeoisie
Oct 9, 2016

by Reene

Picnic Princess posted:

I want to switch my cats to a premium actually good food but there's too many to choose from.

Pet Nutrition is the place for you!

Content:
Downloaded a few new games for the Switch and the PS4, but I can't decide which to play first. Plus, since I couldn't decide, husband took over the TV. :argh:

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

E: wrong thread

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
The new a/c was set so that it ended up being too cold but I didn’t want to get out of bed due to said cold, but then I had to use the bathroom so I decided to kill 2 birds with one stone and put the ac temp up a bit higher, but now it’s too hot but I don’t want to get up again.

Also my autocorrect is going insane with bad Zaire (for example—I meant bizarre) and it’s driving me insane because I have to respell practicality valley (GODDAMNIT PRACTICALLY) every other word. Wtf is wrong with this phone?

E: next day. I don’t want to double post. So I’m having trouble eating but I decided that I could stomach some garlic bread so it’s in the oven but I have to wait like 5 more minutes formit to be done :cry:

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 23:31 on Jul 28, 2018

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

I wanna go swimming but all the outdoor pools are closed because of a thunderstorm warning and all the indoor pools close at like 3pm

Theris
Oct 9, 2007

kreyla posted:

It works out to around $2 per 500 calorie "meal." Hardly the cheapest way to eat, but not particularly expensive either, and possibly the cheapest way to get a nutritionally complete vegan diet if that matters to you. YMMV on the flavor. I like it, but based on the reviews there's plenty of people who don't. They do sell flavor powders you can use to change it. I like the mint chocolate one for when I'm drinking it as a dessert after eating real food.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
It's 3:20. My tattoo appointment was at noon. The dude spent an hour eating lunch and talking nonstop. I didn't actually get in the chair until 1:30pm.

And the dude still has to tat my mom and brags we have the whole afternoon.

Oh, and he has the emoji movie playing. And now some horrible cgi family turned into monsters movie.

Edit: now at hour four. Mom finally got into the chair after she mentioned rescheduling.

These aren't full sleeves. They aren't back pieces or super delicate tats. 3 Pokemon and 1 cat. And hour four continues...

Cowslips Warren has a new favorite as of 23:57 on Jul 29, 2018

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I have a coworker that I like a lot but they make exasperated sighs over everything, even when stuff is going their way.

I can't wear headphones and bringing it up could be rude.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
In 2016 I put around 70 hours into Witcher III, and I loved it. Rarely can I get engrossed in a game.

I wanted to relive the game and get engrossed, so last night I started a download to install it, and this morning I booted it up. Classes don't start until after noon tomorrow, so I could even get embedded and stay up all night if I wanted. I was so excited!

However, after getting it up and running (recently new video card for 4K ultra settings, got my controller set up so I wouldn't have to use the clicky keyboard, installed the no weapon repair mod) and breezing through the tutorial, it lost all my interest and I closed it. Even now, a few hours later, I deeply wish I could get engrossed and just chew on the scenery and voice acting all day, but too much anxiety about classes and other stuff is getting in the way :argh:.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
So my tat artist put this SecondSkin stuff on my tattoos, and now the colorful little pokemon are all black from what I hope is leaking ink, but I don't want the poo poo to stain the actual tat, and of course I can't get a hold of the dude.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Your tattoo artist sounds like kind of an rear end in a top hat!

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
Ok I am getting really sick of the autocorrect gently caress ups on my phone. I don’t know why it’s happening but it’s really loving annoying. Am I supposed to just reset the keyboard? Or what?

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

This isn't Middle Earth, Quentin. There aren't enough noble quests to go around.

Cowslips Warren posted:

So my tat artist put this SecondSkin stuff on my tattoos, and now the colorful little pokemon are all black from what I hope is leaking ink, but I don't want the poo poo to stain the actual tat, and of course I can't get a hold of the dude.

Second Skin is pretty good. I’ve had good luck with it on my tattoos. The black stuff is just leaking ink, it won’t harm the tattoos.

Just leave that on for a few days and when it starts to peel, remove it. It’s easiest to do it in the shower.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
The dude finally got back to me and told me it was all normal. Something he could have mentioned yesterday instead of doing an hour's worth of talk about how comic book movies are the best and why. He was not capable of talking and tatting at once, and made more than one mention about wanting to toke up during the session. Oh, and seeing as we work in animal rescue, did we know anyone with a female beagle because he was 100% sure he needed to breed his 8 year old white beagle because dog's littermate had died last year, and he so needed a blood relative buddy.

Dude shot down the idea of getting his older dog a similarly aged dog as a playmate. Needed to be his own puppy and could not be a girl, at all, because the tat artist had his wife and twin daughters and 'needed another swinging dick in the house.' Which of course was why his dog wasn't fixed either.

Like, know your audience, rear end in a top hat.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
I have never, in all my yards of tattooed skin, met a tattoo artist that was capable of behaving at all like a normal human. I just don't think splashing bodily fluids about while drawing cartoon characters is a career that draws the regular crowd.

Totally related, I hate my new hair person. I was charged $45 to listen to "Gennipher" (jesus) talk at my head about her life so that I could look exactly the same as I did when I walked in goddamn bullshit fake bamboo door. All I want is a silent haircut with no awkwardness but somehow THAT is what makes me the weirdo. loving hell.

fizzymercury has a new favorite as of 03:26 on Jul 31, 2018

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I have a job interview in a few days. I've been lead to believe that it's not very strict/structured; more of just a conversation to get to know me.
This is good. I'm far from a strict person.

Buuuuut I haven't done an interview in a while and it's freaking me out.
I'm losing sleep due to unwarranted anxiety.

Hell, I've already visited their offices and I know I would do well there. Maybe I'm freaked out because getting this job would unlock my social life and I could do things again.

AUGH!

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

fizzymercy posted:

I have never, in all my yards of tattooed skin, met a tattoo artist that was capable of behaving at all like a normal human. I just don't think splashing bodily fluids about while drawing cartoon characters is a career that draws the regular crowd.

Totally related, I hate my new hair person. I was charged $45 to listen to "Gennipher" (jesus) talk at my head about her life so that I could look exactly the same as I did when I walked in goddamn bullshit fake bamboo door. All I want is a silent haircut with no awkwardness but somehow THAT is what makes me the weirdo. loving hell.

The weird thing is that my first artist was super professional. He came in, shook our hands, introduced himself, apologized for being 4 minutes late (after he called us ahead of time to let us know and apologize then), looked over our areas to tat, did the stencils in a matter of minutes, had us in the chair and kept the weird talk to a minimum, mostly to distract me from my first tat. Gave us his cell number after in case we had any issues or questions, was super chill and open about it.

This dude was like the Bizarro version of him.

FWP: got a call from work last night about 8pm. Bad monsoon here and a large tree branch fell and smashed into my work van. I didn't call my boss about it and will this morning, but fuuuuuck I don't want to lose my van!

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord
Today I found out that one of my former coworkers died last night. Of course, I found out on Facebook because someone else found out via Facebook and posted about it. It hasn't even been a week since I learned of another friend's passing via Facebook. Can people slow down and please stop dying for a bit? I wasn't terribly close with this person, but for gently caress's sake. They had recently turned 30, and just the other day I was joking about how they were my favorite person in their department because they always brought bagels, and now I'm not sure if I'm feeling sad or just numb.

:sigh:

When I die, I want most of my friends and family to find out via candygram, or carrier pigeon, or the state of the union address. Fuuuuuuck.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
I send my friend who likes the Simpsons memes from the Simpsons meme thread and she doesn’t *get* a lot of them.

PYF is still not forum #2 on the list so I keep clicking on FYAD and that is very annoying and also scary. They can make a new group (or whatever) for shitpost forums eg FYAD and BYOB and keep PYF and GBS (ok mostly shitposting but at least there’s proper grammar and is legible) in there at the top or whatever. Getting tired to waking up to bright pink insanity.

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 12:27 on Aug 1, 2018

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

"My friend doesn't get the memes I send" is the first worldest of problems.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
My van ended up damaged from the monsoons and went to the body shop. I got a rental van. Works great, all things good, until after work today my coworker texts me photos of a dent in the black bib part of the front bumper. WTF happened? No one knows. It's almost back at the wheel area.

If I hit a curb I would have felt it and reported it. But I didn't. So I had to text my boss the photos and explain that I don't know how it happened, but I wasn't parked in my usual place because of said tree and the possibility of more damage, and the other row of parking spots was full, so I parked at the front of the store. So anything could have happened, someone could have kicked the drat thing, it is plastic, or bumped a cart into it, or anything.

I'm just frustrated because it is a nice rental, it's already damaged, no one knows how or why, so I probably look like an idiot or a liar saying I don't know what happened, or lying to cover my rear end. But I seriously don't know what happened, I didn't hit any curbage or anything, and don't remember seeing this dent ever.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
Needed a new bookshelf so I went to IKEA. BILLY used to be 50 lb but it’s now 80 lb. Some random dude helped me get it in my car but now I can’t get it to my apartment myself. I’m gonna ask if one of the maintenance guys can help me but there’s no guarantee they will help me. Maybe they can at least put the elevator on hold so I can sloooowly carry this stupid thing. I can easily lift 50 lbs but 80 is a bit much currently cause I haven’t lifted at the gym for a long time.

On the plus side I love my car cause it’s a hatchback so I could fit these giant rear end boxes in it easily.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Thin Privilege posted:

Needed a new bookshelf so I went to IKEA. BILLY used to be 50 lb but it’s now 80 lb. Some random dude helped me get it in my car but now I can’t get it to my apartment myself. I’m gonna ask if one of the maintenance guys can help me but there’s no guarantee they will help me. Maybe they can at least put the elevator on hold so I can sloooowly carry this stupid thing. I can easily lift 50 lbs but 80 is a bit much currently cause I haven’t lifted at the gym for a long time.

On the plus side I love my car cause it’s a hatchback so I could fit these giant rear end boxes in it easily.

Oooof, I feel ya.
I bought a desk that was way heavier than anticipated. I could have chosen a different one but I already spent an hour walking around comparing them.

Cut to bringing it home alone, no parking in my lot, my front door is up a flight of stairs and and and and

I need to work out :negative:

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

Inzombiac posted:

Oooof, I feel ya.
I bought a desk that was way heavier than anticipated. I could have chosen a different one but I already spent an hour walking around comparing them.

Cut to bringing it home alone, no parking in my lot, my front door is up a flight of stairs and and and and

I need to work out :negative:

So do I; if I had still been working out instead of sitting on my rear end, I would have carried that stupid thing myself no problem :negative:

The assholes in my building wouldn’t help me because “what if they get hurt” loving lol it’s a 2.5 x8 foot box (somewhere around those dimensions). Some random lady was in the lobby and offered to help and she did, like, what an awesome person. She’s apparently a dog walker and likes helping people in general :unsmith: I thanked her like 50 times but I don’t feel like that was enough.

But gently caress my building for not helping me carry a stupid box.

E:oh yeah and somehow magically someone was moving in to the apartment across from me so the moving guys helped me too. Random people are cool and I think I said thank you like 100 times today. As a human you should help people out instead of “hurr our maintenance guys who lift 200lb 100 times every day can’t help you because ~reasons~”. Whatever. I met a ton of awesome people today.

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 19:39 on Aug 4, 2018

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

Thin Privilege posted:

She’s apparently a dog walker and likes helping people in general :unsmith: I thanked her like 50 times but I don’t feel like that was enough.

Yeah, Dog people seem to be cool. I once saw a dog freaking out pretty badly outside a supermarket, and when I came out a woman who introduced herself as a professional dog trainer was calming him down fairly effectively.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
As someone who works in delivery of heavy items, all I know is if I help someone lift something and I get hurt, the company will find any way possible to NOT pay my workman's comp. A coworker of mine almost got in serious trouble for helping a customer who had fallen because had the dude been hurt, being helped up by an untrained person might have made poo poo worse, and the word Liability is everywhere.

FWP: we have a discord where it's just me, a coworker friend, and some of his friends, playing music while we're on various games, Overwatch, WoW, Star Wars, etc. Coworker invited our immediate trainer/kinda supervisor to the chat, and I'm somewhat weirded out by it, because I can be friends with a coworker who's the same level as me, but keeping someone who has power over us as a chat friend seems like a bad idea.

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Yeah that's terrible judgement on your colleague's part.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kreyla
Dec 31, 2008
My sister just called to say, surprise! She 's driving out from washington state with her husband and kids tomorrow, will I be available for hanging out?

Who the hell does that! I have plans and a life. And even better, she will guilt trip me endlessly for not reworking my entire schedule to make time for her.