Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas

Edge & Christian posted:

Also DC full on had a Beowulf comic during the DC Explosion/Implosion.

I'm learning a lot today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Sure why not

https://twitter.com/Doncates/status/1022604840051109888?s=19

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Dunno if I needed a Knowhere origin. It was just impressive something lopped off a Celestial's head and chucked it to the end of space.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...
Donny "Shoulders of Giants" Cates.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

I’ve only read an arc of Thanos, an issue of Doctor Strange, and two issues of Venom, but I really think I need to follow Cates closer. All the crazy poo poo he comes up with is painting a good picture of what kind of writer he is.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Yeah I need to eventually go back and read his dr strange cuz I've liked all the other stuff I've read by him so far, I think xo was saying that it was pretty good too

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

site posted:

Yeah I need to eventually go back and read his dr strange cuz I've liked all the other stuff I've read by him so far, I think xo was saying that it was pretty good too

I loved his short run on Strange. The Spider-Man issue is of course a highlight. I was sad when it ended but I love Waid's run too so far so I'm fine with it. I'm not sure what the total reaction to the whole Damnation storyline was, but I enjoyed the parts I read of it (I didn't read any of the other tie-ins outside of the Dr. Strange issues).

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

I could see McFarlane loving up spectacularly enough in another lawsuit that somehow Marvel ends up owning Spawn.

Air Skwirl fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Jul 27, 2018

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Alaois posted:

much

your

posting

drat rekt.

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

There's nothing special about me.

X-O posted:

I loved his short run on Strange. The Spider-Man issue is of course a highlight. I was sad when it ended but I love Waid's run too so far so I'm fine with it. I'm not sure what the total reaction to the whole Damnation storyline was, but I enjoyed the parts I read of it (I didn't read any of the other tie-ins outside of the Dr. Strange issues).

Speaking personally, Damnation is the textbook definition of something I EXPECTED to be kind of awful and gritty, but actually surprised me- all of the tie-ins were actually pretty great.

Zombie Dachshund
Feb 26, 2016

Yep, I really dug that short-lived Hercules run with the Great Big Mythical Hero Team-Up. That was fun.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Someone buy me all the Gwenpool figures tia

https://twitter.com/hotkenobi/status/1023408211137687553?s=19

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Yea that Gwenpool based on Giruhuru art is super awesome. Much better than the Legends, which is fine, just not Giruhuru.

Also this cracks me up

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
What are the two suit guys? Double Coulson figs?

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Kingsman movie figures.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

That Venom is amazing.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Blockhouse posted:

(I think the only really stand-out being the issue from the symbiote's point of view)

I just want to say that that issue was the first one I picked up and it made me keep buying.

I still feel betrayed by how good that issue was and how bad the rest was.

As a huge Venom fan, I'm going to say I love the twist. But I also love the story they drew the twist from.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
Wrong thread, but I liked Jessica Jones quite a bit.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
waid just...just stop man

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
What are we stopping?

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Marvel Rising is so much goofy fun. It's simply amazing.
Kamala and Doreen are such energetic nerds, it's weird that they haven't really interacted before, other than the fact that Doreen reads her fan fictions, I guess. Also they both kinda suck at keeping their identities secret. Both of them recently revealed them to someone, just to hear "Yeah, I knew that..."

America and Dante are doing a good job at playing the straight men to that geeky nonsense as well. America is a bit annoyed by everything, while Dante is like a puppy who doesn't understand anything, but enjoys hanging out.

I'm actually excited for that animated TV show, if it will get the characters like that.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Aug 1, 2018

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Did anyone else have have a misprint in Marvel Rising? The page with the heroes confronting the villain is printed twice.

But yea, its really, really good.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

The last page of Cosmic Ghost Rider now has me dying for a spinoff of a spinoff.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

X-O posted:

The last page of Cosmic Ghost Rider now has me dying for a spinoff of a spinoff.

i enjoyed the watcher conversation

marvel rising is fun and like cccb its getting me amped for the tv show

i coulda swore the preview articles for infinity wars said requiem was nebula and not gamora so i guess that was a nice surprise

i know its only the second/thirdish issue of cap but tnc is just setting a great tone for the book, even with minimal dialog its a great read and the art compliments so well

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Oh poo poo, I haven't read Cap yet today

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

infinity whatsit any good or just another thing?

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

twistedmentat posted:

Did anyone else have have a misprint in Marvel Rising? The page with the heroes confronting the villain is printed twice.

But yea, its really, really good.

Yup. Had the page with the Deadpool villian trading card twice. Once two pages before it was supposed to show up. I think it replaced another page, as later in the background you can see some kind of Hulk guillotine in the last pages that is never addressed.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

IUG posted:

Yup. Had the page with the Deadpool villian trading card twice. Once two pages before it was supposed to show up. I think it replaced another page, as later in the background you can see some kind of Hulk guillotine in the last pages that is never addressed.

And I am sure that Arcade was revealed in that page before the heroes get back from WoW Land.

Armored level 60 tippy :allears:

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I was going back and looking at some older stuff in my Comixology library and opened up the first Marvel Point One issue that came out a little while before Avengers vs X-Men and found something really interesting. The framing story is about two people sneaking into the Watcher's place on the moon and trying to view his secrets while he's in a sleep like state. They talk about how their boss sent them there and with the data collected he will be able to take out the Watcher and get all his secrets. They even refer to their boss as The Unseen. This came out in 2011 and Original Sin was still several years off at this point. I had no idea they set that story up so far in advance.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

X-O posted:

I was going back and looking at some older stuff in my Comixology library and opened up the first Marvel Point One issue that came out a little while before Avengers vs X-Men and found something really interesting. The framing story is about two people sneaking into the Watcher's place on the moon and trying to view his secrets while he's in a sleep like state. They talk about how their boss sent them there and with the data collected he will be able to take out the Watcher and get all his secrets. They even refer to their boss as The Unseen. This came out in 2011 and Original Sin was still several years off at this point. I had no idea they set that story up so far in advance.

Did anyone remember that, though?

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Unstoppable Wasp is an ongoing, the mini-series listing in the solicits was apparently a mistake

https://www.newsarama.com/41233-unstoppable-wasp-is-unstoppable.html

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Lobok posted:

Did anyone remember that, though?

I actually went back to the last issue of Original Sin before Fury kills Uatu where they talk and yeah he actually does mention the Point One story of bugging the place while he was in a sleep state.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Roth posted:

Unstoppable Wasp is an ongoing, the mini-series listing in the solicits was apparently a mistake

https://www.newsarama.com/41233-unstoppable-wasp-is-unstoppable.html

Oh, good. It didn't make a whole lot of sense to me that 'trades saved it, let's do... a miniseries!'

Heathen
Sep 11, 2001

While I liked the original Nadia Wasp book and am glad she's getting a second run I can't help but feel like it's a waste of Gurihiru. Its not like the art in the first series was a problem.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Yeah elsa charretier is a great artist too, but until they give us back Gwenpool i need gurihiru on something

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Chip's leaving Spectacular Spider-Man at #310.
https://www.reddit.com/r/comicbooks/comments/95cey6/hello_how_are_you_i_am_chip_zdarsky_artist_of_sex/

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Aug 8, 2018

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
i read a quick thing yesterday that in the same interview he said hes done with two in one soon, so i guess thats it for him and marvel?

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Well that's like half of what I'm buying from Marvel. They'll be in real trouble when North leaves Squirrel Girl. (X-23, Mr & Mrs X, and the main Deadpool comic is it for Marvel from me otherwise.)

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

site posted:

i read a quick thing yesterday that in the same interview he said hes done with two in one soon, so i guess thats it for him and marvel?

No, he said in the same AMA he’s retooling Two in One after issue 12 since the FF is back and maybe changing the title. And he has another Marvel book in the works.

Speaking of which, love the first issue of FF.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
ah okay that is much better news