Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Burns
May 10, 2008

Wingnut Ninja posted:

Try buying a hot weather mod and installing it. Sometimes they're not labeled correctly and it's actually a cold weather one.

Will try. Also even their blueprints dont change for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Noctone posted:

I haven’t noticed my PS4 Slim making any more noise than normal with the game, seems to be a Pro issue.

Sometimes when I first load my save my PS4 Regular will be super loud for about 30 seconds but then it calms down. It never gets as loud as it did during Uncharted 4 for me.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Powershift posted:

I accidentally lost all the poo poo on my freighter when i traded it for a new one but IDGAF because the new one is gently caress-off huge.

HOLY FUCKBALLS

I want this so bad. Is it any bigger on the inside though?

I legit love repairing Frigates, it might be my favorite new thing in the game. Spacewalking.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

So is that save eating frigate expedition bug still present on the latest pc patch?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

precision posted:

HOLY FUCKBALLS

I want this so bad. Is it any bigger on the inside though?

I legit love repairing Frigates, it might be my favorite new thing in the game. Spacewalking.

The inside is the same layout, you can make it as big as you want inside by building rooms. the old one was 17 storage spots, this one is 33. If i find a 48 unit one that doesn't look as awesome, i ain't touchin it.

it legit looks like a huge city out in front of you from the bridge.

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice

victrix posted:

So is that save eating frigate expedition bug still present on the latest pc patch?

Not on the current live patch, but it's been (supposedly) fixed in experimental.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
This thread is moving a lot faster than I anticipated. If anyone wants to make a dedicated screenshot thread (there is precedent for this, I think Horizon had one?) go for it.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Apparently NMS is killing the steam charts right now

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Had a decent B class ship with 30 slots (4 tech), was looking for a decent A when this S class comes strolling into the space station. I wasn't expecting to see something that good already. Only has 23 slots but 6 tech, and had blue & green drives already and I'm not even far enough into playing to be dealing with different color hyperdrive stuff. And there's still an "Exotic" class above that or something?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I said I wanted mountains, thanks Sean!

I just let my ship cruise on autopilot over the surface of this planet and it really is amazing how good the draw distance is now.

Lava Lamp Goddess
Feb 19, 2007

How come the missions I grab from the thing on my freighter vanish from my mission log after I restart the game?

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice

Lava Lamp Goddess posted:

How come the missions I grab from the thing on my freighter vanish from my mission log after I restart the game?

Those are technically supposed to be multiplayer missions, so I would imagine they were only coded to remain in your log for one session.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

It looks like they fixed the bug where it dumps you out into space if you take too many missions. I've got 114 in my log ready to go.

A. Beaverhausen posted:

Apparently NMS is killing the steam charts right now

how the hell did they create a bug so bad it killed the steam charts?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Annath posted:

also an EVIL squirrel? (Thing wouldn't sit still for a pic :( )

I saw an animal whose misc note was “Delicious” :staredog:

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

This big idiot walked like a dope, kinda reminded me of the old Peter Molyneux game "Black & White". is there any newer game like that? where you get to be a god and gently caress poo poo up? i haven't played B&W in like 10 years, and i can't imagine it would have held up well in any way being a 17 year old game now.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

I don't understand freighter missions no matter how easy the mission or number of freighters they always fail I cannot get a single one complete.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

How do I stop this game from pausing when I tab out in borderless windowed? :mad:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

socialsecurity posted:

I don't understand freighter missions no matter how easy the mission or number of freighters they always fail I cannot get a single one complete.

In my experience it is very high variance. Just keep sending em out until they succeed.

One thing to note is that more frigates doesn't necessarily equal more success. Just make sure you're sending them on the right kind of mission.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

victrix posted:

How do I stop this game from pausing when I tab out in borderless windowed? :mad:

I tried figuring this out as well, it doesn't pause in multiplayer, but it does in singleplayer, it's a huge pissoff

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I just found a planet that's completely covered in water except for occasional islands.

On landing, I discover that those "islands" are buried mountains. The whole planet is covered in huge underwater mountains :stare:

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
those of you that were just crafting combined items to get shittons of units... you do know you can just download a save editor and put them in, right? its linked in this thread, even

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Verviticus posted:

those of you that were just crafting combined items to get shittons of units... you do know you can just download a save editor and put them in, right? its linked in this thread, even

You know that not everyone is playing on PC, right?

You know that not everyone likes to "cheat", right?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Some moneymaking formulas i've found

Superconducter(? i just met er) ($2,000,000)

200 nitrogen($4000) + 50 Condensed carbon = nitrogen salt ($50,000)
? Sulphrine + ? Condensed Carbon = thermic condensate ($50,000)
Thermic Condensate + Nitrogen Salt = Semiconductor ($400,000)
Superconductor($400,000) + Enriched Carbon(?) = Supercondutor($2,000,000)

Liquid Explosive($1,000,000)

600 fungal mold(farm) + 25 mordite(farm) = acid
200 cactus flesh(farm) = unstable gel
acid + unstable gel = Liquid Explosive($1,000,000)

Fusion Accelerant($2,000,000)

Thermic Condensate($50,000) + Enriched Carbon(?) = Organic Catalyst($400,000)
Organic Catalyst($400,000) + nitrogen salt($50,000) = Fusion Accellerant($2,000,000)

Portalbe reactor:
Fusion Accelerant($2,000,000) + Liquid Explosive($1,000,000) = Portable Reactor($5,000,000)

Dirty Bronze + Herox + lemmium = Geodesite($150,000)
Portable reactor($5,000,000) + Geodesite($150,000) + Quantam processor(???) = Fusion Ignitor($18,000,000)

I haven't found the recepies for thermic condensate or enriched carbon yet, if someone has please fill me in.

Verviticus posted:

nope. Some stations have 2000 units of ammonia or 2000 pyrite for sale and 2000 chromatic metal. that's enough for 20 fungus cluster or 20 cacti. I'm up to 240 fungus cluster, about 150 cacti and around 40 mordite plants. that gives me 12,000 fungal mold every 30 mins and 15,000 cactus every 2 hours. 600 fungal mold and 25 mordite make acid. 200 cactus flesh makes unstable jelly, put them together and you get liquid explosive which is worth $1,000,000.

For a while i bought ammonia every time i saw it, now i'm the mushroom king.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Hiding in caves no longer recharges your Survival Shields :mad:

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.
Have they fixed sentinels yet or are they still lovely? gently caress being forever locked into space battles.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Powershift posted:

It looks like they fixed the bug where it dumps you out into space if you take too many missions. I've got 114 in my log ready to go.

how the hell did they create a bug so bad it killed the steam charts?

I laughed at this, so if it wasnt a genuine question thanks. What I meant was its selling like gangbusters and the people playing are higher than you would think.

E: poo poo dont mean it like that either :420:

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"

Knifegrab posted:

Have they fixed sentinels yet or are they still lovely? gently caress being forever locked into space battles.

Jump in ship, jump back out of ship. Reload.

Wanted level doesn't carry over during reload

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"
Where the hell do you get platinum? Need it to fix a frigate. Guide says mine asteroids but I've just spent the last 10 minutes and nothing.

Also says check out underground caves so I'll try that, but is there an easier way? Can't find anyone that sells it

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"

Powershift posted:

Some moneymaking formulas i've found

Superconducter(? i just met er) ($2,000,000)

Thermic Condensate + Nitrogen Salt = Semiconductor ($400,000)
Superconductor($400,000) + Enriched Carbon(?) = Supercondutor($2,000,000)

Liquid Explosive($1,000,000)

600 fungal mold(farm) + 25 mordite(farm) = acid
200 cactus flesh(farm) = unstable gel
acid + unstable gel = Liquid Explosive($1,000,000)

Fusion Accelerant($2,000,000)

Thermic Condensate($50,000) + Enriched Carbon(?) = Organic Catalyst($400,000)
Organic Catalyst($400,000) + nitrogen salt($50,000) = Fusion Accellerant($2,000,000)

Portalbe reactor:
Fusion Accelerant($2,000,000) + Liquid Explosive($1,000,000) = Portable Reactor($5,000,000)

Dirty Bronze + Herox + lemmium = Geodesite($150,000)
Portable reactor($5,000,000) + Geodesite($150,000) + Quantam processor(???) = Fusion Ignitor($18,000,000)

I haven't found the recepies for thermic condensate or enriched carbon yet, if someone has please fill me in.

nope. Some stations have 2000 units of ammonia or 2000 pyrite for sale and 2000 chromatic metal. that's enough for 20 fungus cluster or 20 cacti. I'm up to 240 fungus cluster, about 150 cacti and around 40 mordite plants. that gives me 12,000 fungal mold every 30 mins and 15,000 cactus every 2 hours. 600 fungal mold and 25 mordite make acid. 200 cactus flesh makes unstable jelly, put them together and you get liquid explosive which is worth $1,000,000.

For a while i bought ammonia every time i saw it, now i'm the mushroom king.

I think he was talking more about just being able to find Hot Ice and Thermal Condensate from random NPC ships before you even find the recipe and just selling the Cryo-Pumps. Now (at least on PC) you can only craft them.

The work you're putting into farming is still good. :)

theblackw0lf posted:

Where the hell do you get platinum? Need it to fix a frigate. Guide says mine asteroids but I've just spent the last 10 minutes and nothing.

Also says check out underground caves so I'll try that, but is there an easier way? Can't find anyone that sells it

Not just asteroids. Look for the different rocks around asteroids that have crystals sticking out or are just one big lump of crystal. Platinum drops from those. If you don't see them then hop into another system. You can definitely tell the difference in what you need to shoot.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Oh hello there

Game still pretty

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
NOPE. NOPE NOPE NOPE

:gonk:

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Zaa Boogie posted:

The work you're putting into farming is still good. :)

Thanks, it's a hard life pickin stones and pulling teats, but it sure beats fighting dudes with treasure trails

A. Beaverhausen posted:

I laughed at this, so if it wasnt a genuine question thanks. What I meant was its selling like gangbusters and the people playing are higher than you would think.

E: poo poo dont mean it like that either :420:

sounds like someone's getting into the geknip

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
If you stand still and keep scanning the game will eventually spawn Oxygen plants near you

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Maybe this is the wrong question but here we go:

With a game like Minecraft you are expected to find an area you like, crave out a base and use that as your center point for building and exploring.

With this game I have no idea when/where I should set up shop. Yeah there are nice temperate planets but do not offer any special resources.

It is implied that I'm going to get better drives that let me go to more exotic systems. Should I go deeper in before making a base?
Should I set up on this nice but boring planet and spend fuel to jump back to craft?

Sorry if this is vague but the sheer scope of the whole thing gives me a very strange sense of FOMO.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I know it ends up creating funny looking creatures, but I wish the animal generation tried a bit harder to build animals that didn't have parts that were SO different from each other.

I really hate the animals that stands up on two legs still have four round paws as if they were meant to walk on four. There's a lot of combinations that are the same everywhere, like so many planets I've seen have had an alien that had crab hands, tentacle legs and like a walnut body. SO MANY. Weirdly enough the animals that end up feeling the most normal because of the way the generation works are the ones that have to bounce around because they have no legs. The giant pineapple with eyeballs that bounced around didn't break my immersion quite as much as like this guy:

Some animals like this don't feel like an animal, they feel like the procedural generation going crazy and it takes me out of the game a bit.

The same planet had this little guy who felt like he was put together properly.

There's also not a lot of variations in flying creatures that I've seen. Only recently did I finally see flying animals that didn't look like bats. I guess this has been an issue since the game first started though so I don't think that's an issue they're going to go back to

elpaganoescapa
Aug 13, 2014
I've been warping on my A class ship to all kinds of stars with just the basic warp drive. Is that a bug or what?

screaden
Apr 8, 2009

theblackw0lf posted:

Tritium in the portable refinery, think it's a 2 to 1 ratio

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
So what's the best way to find a good multitool these days?

Toast King
Jun 22, 2007

Inzombiac posted:

Should I go deeper in before making a base?
Should I set up on this nice but boring planet and spend fuel to jump back to craft?

You can warp to your base through a teleporter that's in every space station, and you can set up more than one base so don't worry missing out. You can also teleport between the last 4 or so stations you've visited.

Make a base anywhere that looks interesting, it's easy to get back to and costs nothing.

The space station telproter is only one way, but that just means you fly back into space and to the station again when you want to go.

You can also build a base teleporter later to skip that step.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

Toast King posted:

You can warp to your base through a teleporter that's in every space station, and you can set up more than one base so don't worry missing out. You can also teleport between the last 4 or so stations you've visited.

Make a base anywhere that looks interesting, it's easy to get back to and costs nothing.

The space station telproter is only one way, but that just means you fly back into space and to the station again when you want to go.

You can also build a base teleporter later to skip that step.

Aw there is a limit on saved space stations for TPs?