Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hippie Hedgehog
Feb 19, 2007

Ever cuddled a hedgehog?
This is my jam now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dungeon Ecology
Feb 9, 2011

i'd knock that

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
PGI has actually been good and entertaining and not entirely a poo poo show. TPP still sucks, but I'm looking forward to how much fun they have tomorrow with the charity tournament and definitely can't wait to see the FPP.

They gave away metal plated pans as 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place trophies and they are amazing.

Dungeon Ecology
Feb 9, 2011

im p terrible at this stupid game

anyone have any recommendations on setting lean keys. I hate Q and E because they really stifle movement
a friend suggested i should try inverting them so Q is lean right and E is lean left.

any recommendations on good gaming mice for pubg and how you map them?

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Dungeon Ecology posted:

anyone have any recommendations on setting lean keys. I hate Q and E because they really stifle movement
a friend suggested i should try inverting them so Q is lean right and E is lean left.

Logitech g502 or whatever and just map them in game. I have the 2 mappable buttons set to lean and the other one that pubg doesn’t recognise, I set a macro in the logitech software to whatever the default button is to change fire modes

B-Mac
Apr 21, 2003
I'll never catch "the gay"!

Thom P. Tiers posted:

PGI has actually been good and entertaining and not entirely a poo poo show. TPP still sucks, but I'm looking forward to how much fun they have tomorrow with the charity tournament and definitely can't wait to see the FPP.

They gave away metal plated pans as 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place trophies and they are amazing.

God the TPP is so awful, FPP should be pretty good.

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

:matters:

Customs are up nerds, get in the discord

I'm live (with delay to prevent screencheating fuckmen) https://twitch.tv/sneakyness

Fair warning weedbaby is likely to get caremad if you ignore his made up rules after your teammate gets killed by others also ignoring the rules

This was for Birdsoul: https://clips.twitch.tv/FlaccidOutstandingHorseFloof

New Zealand can eat me fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Jul 27, 2018

CloFan
Nov 6, 2004

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

What this sausage party needs is a big dollop of ketchup! Too bad I didn't make any. :(

Dungeon Ecology posted:

a friend suggested i should try inverting them so Q is lean right and E is lean left

Inverting them helps, but I couldn't get used to it. I rebound V and B to lean. It's pretty natural to hit with your thumb.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
I've caught maybe 5 of the 20 or so TPP PGI matches and they were pretty fun to watch. I found out TSM Viss was doing live commentating over on his Twitch stream and it was 10x more enjoyable than listening to the PGI announcers. I believe he's doing them today as well. I think they start around 11am CST? -ish?

Also, I may be super bad at this game, but I was doing the new squad event mode last night and this kid was chucking grenades every time he heard a gunshot. It was hilarious until he blew up half our team. He was screaming in broken english about gren gren mo mo gren lok oww. Every match was just terrible players making me feel better even tho I can unload an entire clip point blank into a dudes head and still not damage them, that I'm at least not killing my entire team.

Philthy fucked around with this message at 14:28 on Jul 27, 2018

willroc7
Jul 24, 2006

BADGES? WE DON'T NEED NO STINKIN' BADGES!

New Zealand can eat me posted:

[s]I'm live (with delay to prevent screencheating fuckmen)

Look at this tryhard.

Here it is, proof they were trying to grenade and shoot me before I ran anyone over. Confirmed fun-ruiner and ban-deserver.

Customs were super fun even when the settings were terrible btw.

Astarath
Jun 23, 2008

Could I see a Hat Wobble?

New Zealand can eat me posted:

Customs are up nerds, get in the discord

I'm live (with delay to prevent screencheating fuckmen) https://twitch.tv/sneakyness

Fair warning weedbaby is likely to get caremad if you ignore his made up rules after your teammate gets killed by others also ignoring the rules

This was for Birdsoul: https://clips.twitch.tv/FlaccidOutstandingHorseFloof

Now post the clip of me running you over

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Dungeon Ecology posted:

Setting lean to toggle has worked for me. It’s a bit weird getting yourself to unlearn, but it works.

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all
What I learned from wackyjacky is if you have the flexibility you break years of typing experience and use your middle finger to hit Q and E while strafing with ring and index fingers on A/D. It's been working out, but basically if you haven't done leaning in a game before it's a muscle memory you need to learn, no matter the binding.

https://youtu.be/aBfF5rK6CFw?t=28s

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
They had the streamer pro charity event today. None of them got top honors, but it was fun to watch.

Doc is like 9 ft tall.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
Shroud is a short tiny broy. But yes, Doc is also a tall man. Ninja is tall too.

The event was entertaining and it's certainly running smoother than the events they were holding ~6 months ago or so. I'd love to play this game on zero ping LAN servers with no desync, I bet it's amazing.

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

I use the back/forward buttons on my Performance MX mouse for lean.

Though, I still have a hard time remembering to lean all the time.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Thought: Defib Paddles - Crate Item, rescue a teammate within ~2 minutes of death.

Think this would be fun? I do.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

Chard posted:

Thought: Defib Paddles - Crate Item, rescue a teammate within ~2 minutes of death.

Think this would be fun? I do.

maybe, it's probably extremely complicated to actually put in though.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

new mount and blade looking good

Jekub
Jul 21, 2006

April, May, June, July and August fool
So apparently if you happen to be holding a cooked grenade in your hand when the blue zone rolls past, you just kind of drop it on your own feet.

This is sub optimal when behind a rock with two of your team mates and involved in a fight with another group.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRJY3Zdwk64

Is this new? Or have I just somehow avoided this exact sequence of events in my 720 odd hours?

Molchane
Dec 13, 2014
looks like you just hit nade button again because it swaps over to flash, if you swap weapons it'll drop it if you were cooking it

willroc7
Jul 24, 2006

BADGES? WE DON'T NEED NO STINKIN' BADGES!
Choco is going to run custom games once a week. Good times would murder suicide again.

https://clips.twitch.tv/TenderBelovedBurritoHumbleLife

willroc7 fucked around with this message at 14:45 on Jul 28, 2018

Jekub
Jul 21, 2006

April, May, June, July and August fool

Molchane posted:

looks like you just hit nade button again because it swaps over to flash, if you swap weapons it'll drop it if you were cooking it

Yep, thanks, I'm blaming the alcohol. Just won the solo game I hopped in to check it as well.

Jekub fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Jul 28, 2018

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

Just played like 10 times and got 1 kill or something stupid like that. Prior to that my KDR was a middling 1.5-2.

So, to that, I say, gently caress you lords of chance I'm out of here!

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Thom P. Tiers posted:

Shroud is a short tiny broy. But yes, Doc is also a tall man. Ninja is tall too.

The event was entertaining and it's certainly running smoother than the events they were holding ~6 months ago or so. I'd love to play this game on zero ping LAN servers with no desync, I bet it's amazing.

"amazing"

https://clips.twitch.tv/AmericanUnusualBobaNomNom

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

I've really fucked it. Have I fucked it?

That was a bad angle though. https://clips.twitch.tv/TrustworthyAwkwardCucumberOSfrog

Super unlucky. https://i.imgur.com/7y2Hyew.jpg

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
thats pretty well within the kill radius of a frag grenade tho :shrug:

Neutrino
Mar 8, 2006

Fallen Rib

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

thats pretty well within the kill radius of a frag grenade tho :shrug:

It almost killed him. DerOlli's health went nearly to zero. Still kind of strange.

Phyein
Jun 19, 2009

~Sucka Tried To Play Me
But You Never Paid Me, Never, Oh No You Didn't~
~Pay Back Is A Comin, You Will Be Runnin Forever~
Kind of an odd question but does anyone else dream about being in this game an unusally high amount? I know that dreaming about things you enjoy or do a lot is common but something about this game in particular makes me dream about being in it a lot. In fact I rarely dream about video games and there are plenty more games I have played a lot more and enjoy more but I never dream about them.

I keep having them even though I havent played in a couple months (just been too busy). They aren't too tense to be scary, in that I guess I have a sense in dream thats its only a game even though i dont recall treating it like one or calling it one. Either way they are very vivid and enjoyable, and I feel like I am playing an awesome new map every time I dream as my mind seems to love to paint and appreciate its own landscapes on the fly (somthing Ive noticed in general for a long time).

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Phyein posted:

Kind of an odd question but does anyone else dream about being in this game an unusally high amount? I know that dreaming about things you enjoy or do a lot is common but something about this game in particular makes me dream about being in it a lot. In fact I rarely dream about video games and there are plenty more games I have played a lot more and enjoy more but I never dream about them.

I keep having them even though I havent played in a couple months (just been too busy). They aren't too tense to be scary, in that I guess I have a sense in dream thats its only a game even though i dont recall treating it like one or calling it one. Either way they are very vivid and enjoyable, and I feel like I am playing an awesome new map every time I dream as my mind seems to love to paint and appreciate its own landscapes on the fly (somthing Ive noticed in general for a long time).

What's your dream KDR?

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

I did this tonight, which is probably the second best thing I've done in this game after clutching against the j9/wadu squad in a 1v4 :D

NZAmoeba
Feb 14, 2005

It turns out it's MAN!
Hair Elf
I had a battle-royale themed dream last night as well, except I was running around like the spy in TF2 and back-stabbing dudes. I haven't even played TF2 in years.

What I want to know is... is it common that this game makes you need to poop? I only play the mobile version, but after one round I absolutely need to go take a dump. I'm guessing it's the tension? I guess this means in an actual war I'd be making GBS threads my pants constantly. I'd rather learn that via this way than the other way to be honest. But yeah this game is a very reliable diarrhetic for me, it's loving weird.

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan

Thom P. Tiers posted:

I did this tonight, which is probably the second best thing I've done in this game after clutching against the j9/wadu squad in a 1v4 :D

Nice dude. Best I've pulled off was a triple-win.

Hard to keep that momentum going since you start getting cocky and taking on fights you shouldn't when you're on a tear like that.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
That run was pretty insane. 8 straight top-threes.

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

Supesudandi wa, kukan-nai no dandidesu

You got 118 rating off a 1 kill win? Crazy

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

113 off a zero kill win...

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

The world is a mess... and I just need to rule it

Mae posted:

You got 118 rating off a 1 kill win? Crazy

are you talking about the Damage?

Kill
Damage

I just seem to piss a lot of people off :sigh:

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Ether Frenzy posted:

That run was pretty insane. 8 straight top-threes.

look at you being carried :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Wow, I didn't know that there are other better players in this team-oriented game I play in teams, that's a good observation. I look forward to subscribing to your twitch channel with my free Amazon Prime monthly when you become rich and famous for your K/D.