Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

nah posted:

the democrats will lose

Inshallah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Business Gorillas posted:

D&D "we're going to see blue texas by the end of the decade!"

*monkey's paw curls*

I still maintain that this will happen.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

nah posted:

the democrats will lose

:hmmyes:

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

nah posted:

the democrats will lose

it will be russia's fault, somehow

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

this is in 4 months yall
lol, 63%

who's ready to watch that flip when clinton runs again

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

Taintrunner posted:

it will be russia's fault, somehow

2019 reveal: the only parts of the government that even work anymore are the deep cover fsb active measures

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

i think that they'll win in 2018, but expect the blue dogs that ride this wave to all but be wiped out come 2022, assuming that trump is one-term. history repeats itself yet again

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006
some dems will make gains in a few places but not enough to make a difference, both SUCC BLOC and demsoc types will take their meager gains as confirmation that their way is the only one, probably fueling a really big shithead to win the DNC nom on superdelegates and then 2020 is gonna be Rockabilly Nuremburg

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006
remember halfway through 2014 when we were already sick of 2016 election chat? and how we had no idea how insane the world was about to become?

that, but different.

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

this is in 4 months yall

what's this from?

nm I found it:

http://www.thecrosstab.com/2018-midterms-forecast/

That loving "CHANCE TO HAVE A MAJORITY IN THE HOUSE" bar chart thing is giving me ptsd flashbacks

Marzzle has issued a correction as of 05:58 on Jul 10, 2018

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

:coolfish:

can't wait to trigger myself by watching a loving needle again

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/30/upshot/99-days-till-midterm-elections-battleground.html

decent article on the midterms. seems optimistic for the dems

dems are doing better in rural and working class areas than previously thought.

CountFosco
Jan 9, 2012

Welcome back to the Liturgigoon thread, friend.

Willie Tomg posted:

2019 reveal: the only parts of the government that even work anymore are the deep cover fsb active measures

If we can outsource our private sector jobs, it only makes logical sense to outsource our public sector jobs as well...

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/30/upshot/99-days-till-midterm-elections-battleground.html

Theyll figure out a way to gently caress it up

Uranium
Sep 11, 2001

Through constant decay
Uranium creates
the radioactive ray.

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

My dude looks like a generic off-brand Virgil Texas.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

if this article ends up being right, it'll be hilarious that the house majority will come from areas largely written off by the DCCC instead of the ones that are a priority because hillary won them in 2016. it's an good learning opportunity if they want to take it, but i doubt they will

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

texas will turn blue, due to floodwaters.

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

Uranium posted:

i cant speak for anybody else but i knew at least a half dozen virgil texas lookalikes in my life

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Uranium posted:

looks more like johnny fiveaces to me

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Former DILF posted:

Theyll figure out a way to gently caress it up

the good/bad thing is that pretty much no one outside of degenerate political junkies like us actually pay attention to congress. theyre far more likely to vote based on the quality of candidates in elections so the fact that the dems in congress are paid opposition matters surprisingly little

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
thinking real hard about the battlegrounds

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://twitter.com/jakehonig/status/1029058751603585029

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

The Mercury Seven want their haircut back.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

nate has released his house projections.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2018-midterm-election-forecast/house/

look good for the dems! america is already great friends

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
So if the dems loose then can we officially declare the party dead?

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

why would we declare the party dead when that would just mean it's doing what it's designed to do

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

:coolfish:

can't wait to get triggered by watching a needle slowly creep from "dems win house" to "gop adds seats" over the course of like 3 hours

i didn't have any booze on election night 2016 and boy howdy was that ever a mistake

Dick Milhous Rock!
Aug 9, 1974

:nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon:

:nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon:

Business Gorillas posted:

D&D "we're going to see blue texas by the end of the decade!"

*monkey's paw curls*

*houston sinks under the sea*

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Willie Tomg posted:

some dems will make gains in a few places but not enough to make a difference, both SUCC BLOC and demsoc types will take their meager gains as confirmation that their way is the only one, probably fueling a really big shithead to win the DNC nom on superdelegates and then 2020 is gonna be Rockabilly Nuremburg

ah yes Both Sides

Sexual Lorax
Mar 17, 2004

HERE'S TO FUCKING

Fun Shoe

Feranon posted:

can't wait to get triggered by watching a needle slowly creep from "dems win house" to "gop adds seats" over the course of like 3 hours

i didn't have any booze on election night 2016 and boy howdy was that ever a mistake

i had the opposite problem bought a poo poo ton of hooch and didnt have the stomach to drink anything that would eventually upset it more once poo poo went shitward

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

The Guile Cosplayer State

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

btw here's a nice map of various good democrats who have won their primaries. i don't think all of them will win in the general but it's nice to see this many people get this far

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

less than a month off and democrats are 1. probably going to not win control of the senate 2. probably going to win the house

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

i heard that republican voter enthusiasm is almost at the level of democrats, which is concerning for both the congressional and state elections. never look at head-to-heads, always look at that

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

get that OUT of my face posted:

i heard that republican voter enthusiasm is almost at the level of democrats, which is concerning for both the congressional and state elections. never look at head-to-heads, always look at that

Turns out mitch lied

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
I'm im michigan and im hoping that proposition for legalizing weed will also get enough people to the polls where the independant redistricting and automatic voter registration props pass too.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

in california, trying to pass rent control, getting owned by the libs. le sigh

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

We need an alien species that's hostile to earth and/or unfuckable to try and invade. It's my only hope for race, gender and class to not mean anything so humanity can work together to improve itself. We need an outside enemy, I mean I know that's actually Global warming and poverty, but I mean one where half the population can't go...I don't believe you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Unlife Aquatic
Jun 17, 2009

Here in my car
I feel safest of all
I can lock all my doors
It's the only way to live
In cars

An insane mind posted:

We need an alien species that's hostile to earth and/or unfuckable to try and invade. It's my only hope for race, gender and class to not mean anything so humanity can work together to improve itself. We need an outside enemy, I mean I know that's actually Global warming and poverty, but I mean one where half the population can't go...I don't believe you.

the rich and powerful would just blither about how we don't understand their "perfect transcendent motives" hth