Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

homeless snail posted:

debating whether or not I want the exapunks limited edition... I love zachtronics games but I don't like Things, or paying $15 more for Things

You should pay for things you like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Phantasium posted:

my favorite Treasure game is Astro Boy. what a fantastic loving game.

For the gba? That game came out of nowhere, you finish the "story" and think "That was okay" and then SYKE! We're going time travelling now! And everything just opens up in a magical way.

ass
Sep 22, 2011
Young Orc

Rarity posted:

Ghost Trick Ghost Trick Ghost Trick

Added to my list, thank you.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

I haven't played a lot of Treasure games but I would be very surprised to find one I enjoy more than Mischief Makers.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
wasn't harvest moon 64 developed by treasure? that's my favorite treasure game

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
the guy who directed silvergun, ikaruga and gradius v released a 3ds game in like 2012 that ran into trouble getting released in canada and then announced a game in 2014 that hasn't been seen or heard of since then. rip

The White Dragon posted:

that was developed by victor interactive software

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

The White Dragon posted:

heck, same

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
tfw it's been 19 years and harvest moon 64 is still the best written harvest moon game even after games that tried to have an actual plot

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Samuringa posted:

For the gba? That game came out of nowhere, you finish the "story" and think "That was okay" and then SYKE! We're going time travelling now! And everything just opens up in a magical way.
It also ends up being a big crossover with Tezuka's other works too.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

The Colonel posted:

tfw it's been 19 years and harvest moon 64 is still the best written harvest moon game

That's... Not exactly a high bar to beat.

Edit: 🤔

Mak0rz fucked around with this message at 06:53 on Jul 31, 2018

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
August Chat: Do you have a pool or Yakuza?

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
August Game Chat: Too hot to come up with a good title send help

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!

Accordion Man posted:

It also ends up being a big crossover with Tezuka's other works too.

Yeah, it's great how they were able to top Tezuka at his own game of the "Star System." The character map is a great intro to a ton of his work.

Related: Undersea Super Train: Marine Express is a batshit movie.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

cheetah7071 posted:

my parents' cat just died, one that they had while I was still living with them (and I live nearby and am on good terms with them so I see them on a regular basis)

not as bad as losing a human family member or your own pet but it still hurts

I'm so sorry to hear that :( My condolences. You're allowed to grieve and mourn, heaven knows KCB and I have mourned over pet losses and it is just as legitimate a reason to mourn as any other death of a loved one.

If there is anything I can do to help you, within reason, just say the word. Mainly if you feel the need to vent or grieve because it is very important to be able to get those emotions out in a healthy way and not bottle them up.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

edit: bad pun

Jay Rust fucked around with this message at 07:53 on Jul 31, 2018

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

cheetah7071 posted:

mischief makers is in top three or so of all 2D platformers

heeere's lunar

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmQk07tWHzw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARdmsBcc1lo

big deal fucked around with this message at 08:23 on Jul 31, 2018

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

Finished Sniper Elite 3 and its DLC which was another game whose opening levels I played on release 4 years ago and never touched again until this year. It was basically a low-budget British version of MGSGZ that had a couple of things from it that I liked such as the compact sandbox missions and multiple approaches. Unlike that game though the main character's movement is way too limited - invisible walls everywhere, stiff animations, especially transitions - and of course the equipment/weapons and setting are a ton more grounded and boring, though the main character's voice acting has so much macho posturing that it's hard not to laugh. The x-ray camera is amusing, especially whenever enemy ragdolls glitch up, even if after a while they got old.

It was still pretty decent and it's not like there's many games like it. I bought SE4 on the current Xboner sale so I guess I'll see if they made any improvements.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
THROUGH FIRE, JUSTICE IS SERVED
A HERO IN SHINING ARMOR IS CALLED
TO VANQUISH EVIL FORCES, I HAVE BEEN CHARGED

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
RE: Treasure, I've only played Ikaruga, Gradius V and Sin & Punishment 2 but they were all great

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

mcdonald’s treasure land adventure whips

hm64 does too for the record

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

oddium posted:

mcdonald’s treasure land adventure whips

Oh man I’ve never heard of that, is it in some way related to NES classic M.C. Kids? Because that game rules pretty hard.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

My boring practical gift to myself for my birthday: an xbox controller that'll work with my laptop so I can play Bayonetta / Yakuza 0 / etc without suffering over keyboard controls.

Bonus realization: I can reinstall Dark Souls and give that another go - !

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Happy birthday!

I think you’ll find that your “boring practical gift” is actually a key to countless hours of comfortable gaming.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Jay Rust posted:

Happy birthday!

I think you’ll find that your “boring practical gift” is actually a key to countless hours of comfortable gaming.

:yeah:

I just had to beat my brain into accepting it because it's not a "cool" purchase like Monster Hunter or whatever.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

codenameFANGIO posted:

Oh man I’ve never heard of that, is it in some way related to NES classic M.C. Kids? Because that game rules pretty hard.

i don’t think so, it’s a treasure platformer where you play as ronald

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Jay Rust posted:

Happy birthday!

They say to spend the most money on the things you spend the most time with

This also goes to the Exapunks post

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
Spending the day watching the Pinburgh finals on YT and waiting for my mandatory overtime tonight. I'm so broke these days that I'm thankful for the money but I just wish I made more in general.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I’m sitting in an airport right now and I swear to god I just heard a radio ad for League of Legends

“Do you like videogames? I know I do! Have you played League of Legends? Sound familiar? It’s awesome!”

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Taintrunner posted:

I’m sitting in an airport right now and I swear to god I just heard a radio ad for League of Legends

“Do you like videogames? I know I do! Have you played League of Legends? Sound familiar? It’s awesome!”

One time when I was traveling for work, one of my coworkers was wearing a Dota 2 shirt, and this 40+-year-old dude in a polo shirt, like classic business casual-looking guy, came up to start chatting him up about Dota 2. Turns out the guy worked for Loot Crate and it seemed like his entire understanding of video games was around marketing things to esports enthusiasts. It was really surreal. It really seemed like this man had never really played a video game other than like Super Mario Bros. before and then found himself working at Loot Crate and suddenly had to learn terminology and pretend to give a poo poo about esports so he could be a Gamer Like Us.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Chat Thread: should my pidgey use quick attack august

Steve Yun posted:

Quiet stuff

Oh, sounds like it might be worth taking a look next time I'm doing ps4 stuff. Thank you

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
August wanna play videogames

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

StrixNebulosa posted:

My boring practical gift to myself for my birthday: an xbox controller that'll work with my laptop so I can play Bayonetta / Yakuza 0 / etc without suffering over keyboard controls.

Happy bday strix!

codenameFANGIO posted:

It's a platformer by Treasure that kinda feels like an early early version of Dynamite Headdy in terms of design and aesthetic

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

StrixNebulosa posted:

You are making the right decision btw

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
A(nother) Unique Gaming Utopia's Socializing Thread

August Games Chat: Spider-Man Out Sept. 7!

LawfulWaffle fucked around with this message at 15:03 on Jul 31, 2018

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

jojo part 5: Au Gust

ass
Sep 22, 2011
Young Orc

StrixNebulosa posted:

Any third person game should be played with a controller imo. Especially stuff like bayonetta.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

August Chat: Atelier Goon Recipe Book

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

The August 2018 Chat Thread In The Video Game Forum On Something Awful Dot Com

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Cowcaster posted:

jojo part 5: Au Gust

• Locked thread