Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

An oldie that popped up in my feed again

https://twitter.com/bobvids/status/555602239038189568

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dungeon Ecology
Feb 9, 2011

Lakedaimon posted:

giving me flashbacks of Lower Guk

/hail

gbut
Mar 28, 2008

😤I put the UN🇺🇳 in 🎊FUN🎉

:jerkbag:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

bike tory posted:

I mean, it's not like Battle Royale is some great piece of literature

It was a pretty good book, and as a pice of political commentary it's only gotten more relevant over the years.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Guy Goodbody posted:

It was a pretty good book, and as a pice of political commentary it's only gotten more relevant over the years.

The scary thing is I'm pretty sure I can think of an example for every one of those.

Can I count Bayonetta as murderous librarian?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Ghost Leviathan posted:

The scary thing is I'm pretty sure I can think of an example for every one of those.

Can I count Bayonetta as murderous librarian?

Bayonetta isn't a librarian, she just wears glasses.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
You don't know that, moron

idiot

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

bike tory posted:

I mean, it's not like Battle Royale is some great piece of literature, I don't really see any problem with this

And doesn't it say "The Novel that Inspired the Game"? Which is kind of accurate?

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

James Woods posted:

I used to work at a Pittsburgh themed bar here in San Francisco (one of five at the time) that paid a guy to bootleg Yuengling in. A dude who knew the owner would make a cross country trip from PGH once a month with a pickup truck full of the stuff. They'd sell it by request only to customers from a hidden stash in the cooler and would also sell cases to regulars who were transplants from the area. The price? $8 a bottle. It was the only beer the staff couldn't drink for free.

Now hang on.

There were five Pittsburgh-themed bars in San Francisco?

What?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

bony tony posted:

Now hang on.

There were five Pittsburgh-themed bars in San Francisco?

What?

They just fill the air with coal dust and throw empty beer cans at you when you walk in.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Do the waitstaff never shut the gently caress up about baseball and also try to gently caress your wife and shoot your neighbour?

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

chitoryu12 posted:

Absolutely nothing. It's not an adjunct beer so it doesn't have the corn and rice flavors of Budweiser or Miller, but it's a very mild malt flavor with a tiny citrus note. Very easy to drink, but really boring and low in alcohol.

Yuengling is definitely an adjunct beer, they've always used corn. The lager tastes like cooked corn. They stayed off the Brewer's Association list of craft breweries because the BA prohibited adjuncts; then they changed the definition of "craft" a few years ago Yuengling suddenly became the largest craft brewery in the US.

Yuengling's old enough that when it started, you pretty much needed to use corn because American barley was too high-protein to brew with just that.

quote:

Any bar selling even the most common craft brews in America like Fat Tire and Sam Adams will have beers that taste better and get you drunk faster.

The best beer Yuengling makes is one that you never see (hell, I don't really know if they still make it): Their "porter" is solid, even if it's not really a porter because it's still using their lager yeast.

timefly
Apr 29, 2008

Zipperelli. posted:

Yuengling is gross beer for idiots who think they're being fancy, but in reality are drinking the same piss beer that inbev et al. all put out. It's trash.

I've always lived in northern Delaware and literally nobody has ever thought of Yuengling as fancy. It's on the fanciness level of Corona or whatever, it's just that a lot of people think it tastes good, especially for how cheap it is here.

Delaware owns if you live in New Castle County or are visiting the beach. Lower Slower Delaware can be ignored. Well, the only really good things there are natural or historical. I grew up in Wilmington and live in downtown Newark, which are very close together and pretty cool if you spend time in both. Newark is great IMO.

timefly has a new favorite as of 14:55 on Jul 31, 2018

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Pittsburgh is going to sue for cultural appropriation.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
I never knew it was named from potash. And now I can't stop hearing a Sean Connery voice say potashium.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
The bomb rear end Cran Raspberry ocean spray juice

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I always enjoy that "scrolling" now means "reading, even if from a physical object"

e: yes I know a scroll is a physical object :ironicat:

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Data Graham posted:

I always enjoy that "scrolling" now means "reading, even if from a physical object"

Everything old is new again

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I have a strange urge to play Animal Crossing New Leaf.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Memento posted:

There's literally nothing high class about Stella Artois. They call it "wife beater" in the UK because of its association with binge drinking and violence.

In its hometown of Leuven Stella is on tap in most of the bars, and therefore the beer of choice for college students getting completely wasted. InBev's periodic attempts to market it as some sort of fancy beer (they recently even changed the glass design to make it less proletarian) have always struck me as funny for that reason. It is a perhaps slightly above-average lager that no one should go out of their way to buy.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

It plays like God of War, if you are not familiar with the game.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Phlegmish posted:

In its hometown of Leuven Stella is on tap in most of the bars, and therefore the beer of choice for college students getting completely wasted. InBev's periodic attempts to market it as some sort of fancy beer (they recently even changed the glass design to make it less proletarian) have always struck me as funny for that reason. It is a perhaps slightly above-average lager that no one should go out of their way to buy.

I hate Stella (and pretty much all imported green bottle lagers) because the green bottles are more prone to oxidation. I've never once had a green bottle European import that didn't taste like a fart.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Bayonetta strikes me as the kind of woman who posts photos of giant libraries on Facebook with only one word: GOALS

McPhearson
Aug 4, 2007

Hot Damn!

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Awesome, now where are my Tess of the d'Urbervilles and Brideshead Revisited colouring books?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

My sister had a Jane Austen colouring book when we were kids :shrug: I had a VIKINGS! one in the same series.

Although manga hadn't been invented yet back then.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

chitoryu12 posted:

I hate Stella (and pretty much all imported green bottle lagers) because the green bottles are more prone to oxidation. I've never once had a green bottle European import that didn't taste like a fart.

I've only ever seen it in a regular brown bottle in Belgium itself. I didn't even know it made a difference.

When given a choice I'll take Stella over Jupiler or Maes because gently caress you I'm from Leuven, but I'm 99% sure I wouldn't be able to tell the difference during a blindfold test. My palate isn't subtle enough to be a lager snob.

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

Mierenneuker posted:

It plays like God of War, if you are not familiar with the game.

i didnt play the game but if its anything like the poem it sucks balls

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Data Graham posted:

e: yes I know a scroll is a physical object :ironicat:

They see me scrollin'
They hatin'

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Phlegmish posted:

I've only ever seen it in a regular brown bottle in Belgium itself. I didn't even know it made a difference.

When given a choice I'll take Stella over Jupiler or Maes because gently caress you I'm from Leuven, but I'm 99% sure I wouldn't be able to tell the difference during a blindfold test. My palate isn't subtle enough to be a lager snob.

Inconceivable!

Also, how do you feel about food?

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

im pooping! posted:

i didnt play the game but if its anything like the poem it sucks balls

Satan in the game in fact does have big balls and a matching penis. A bold strategy, since he is twice as tall as the main character, who also happens to wield a scythe...

The guy who used to edit the Silent Hill wiki and who was batshit insane about circumcisions should probably not play it.

Mierenneuker has a new favorite as of 17:40 on Jul 31, 2018

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Phlegmish posted:

Oh yeah. The reason you use brown bottles is because ultraviolet light oxidizes beer and causes it to get this really nasty taste that's similar to the smell of a skunk blast, or a fart. Green bottles are much less effective and totally clear bottles like you get with Corona provide no protection whatsoever, so those beers are much more likely to be skunked when you drink them. I've had probably half a dozen imported European lagers in green bottles and every single one of them was skunked by the time I opened them.

Brown bottles and containers that totally block light (like kegs and cans) will avoid this.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I assume this is like asking why the plane isn't made from the same material as the black box, but why don't they just always use brown bottles then

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

I like that green bottle skunk here and there

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

I 100% guarantee you that Jane Austen would be all about Shojo manga

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Phlegmish posted:

I assume this is like asking why the plane isn't made from the same material as the black box, but why don't they just always use brown bottles then

Design/style/tradition for starters . If you like Heinekin or Rolling Rock or some other green bottle brand, you can easily identify it at a distance from its brown bottle neighbors.

It's also slightly more expensive to use brown according to a quick google search, but I have no numbers to back this up.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

chitoryu12 posted:

Oh yeah. The reason you use brown bottles is because ultraviolet light oxidizes beer and causes it to get this really nasty taste that's similar to the smell of a skunk blast, or a fart. Green bottles are much less effective and totally clear bottles like you get with Corona provide no protection whatsoever, so those beers are much more likely to be skunked when you drink them. I've had probably half a dozen imported European lagers in green bottles and every single one of them was skunked by the time I opened them.

Brown bottles and containers that totally block light (like kegs and cans) will avoid this.

The actual bottle beer comes in is pretty much a non factor these days. If a distributor or bar or wherever you're getting your beer from leaves stuff in the sun for more than a few minutes they are fuckin up.

I haven't had a skunked corona or Stella in 10 years or so.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/ByYourLogic/status/1024343739307880448?s=19

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

timefly posted:

I've always lived in northern Delaware and literally nobody has ever thought of Yuengling as fancy.

Delaware owns if you live in New Castle County or are visiting the beach. Lower Slower Delaware can be ignored. Well, the only really good things there are natural or historical. I grew up in Wilmington and live in downtown Newark, which are very close together and pretty cool if you spend time in both. Newark is great IMO.

S'up Newark/Wilmington buddy? Glasgow and Mt. Pleasant HS goon chiming in. Delaware is BORING AS poo poo to me and always been. You had to head up to Philly to really do anything and have a fun night out. The beaches are fun to some extent. Newark was basically cruising main street at 16 with your first car and hitting the Stone Balloon.

And yuengling is loving gross. It always tasted like a dirty, musty bar rag to me. Here's some funny beer pictures to get us back on track. I can't get images to embed for some reason without leeching. What's the image hosting SA uses now?

https://img.izismile.com/img/img3/20100622/640/funny_beer_moments_640_08.jpg

https://grub.gunaxin.com/wp-content/uploads/gallery/funny-beer-photos/funny_beer_photo_08.jpg

https://grub.gunaxin.com/wp-content/uploads/gallery/funny-beer-photos/funny_beer_photo_11.jpg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laserjet 4P
Mar 28, 2005

What does it mean?
Fun Shoe
Imgur, by necessity, because the “community” are reject reddit shitlords