Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
It's pretty sweet always being right about stuff. You guys should try it, it's awesome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ass
Sep 22, 2011
Young Orc

cheetah7071 posted:

no one should trust my recommendations anyways because I always just mentally sweep over the flaws and focus on the good parts

that said everyone go play six ages out on ios right now buy an ipad if you have to

Well I mean if you're gonna be nitpicking flaws all day you won't ever have fun with something.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

cheetah7071 posted:

water temples yes water levels in platformers no

no give me more water levels

one of the most disappointing games i played on the ps2 was Pacman World 2 and it's because it has swimming controls but you only swim in one level in the first world.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

i trust like two people here

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Mad respekk for those who just like what they like and don't try to put others down for feeling differently.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

rear end posted:

Well I mean if you're gonna be nitpicking flaws all day you won't ever have fun with something.

What if I find nitpicking flaws to be fun?

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Phantasium posted:

everyone bitching about the xbcx soundtrack or thinking it was great and here i can't really remember anything about it, good or bad, except now somebody is going to post the night town theme

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUJK2TVk2zA

Nah, I'ma just post the best track.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

exquisite tea posted:

Mad respekk for those who just like what they like and don't try to put others down for feeling differently.

What if they like putting others down for feeling differently?

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

exquisite tea posted:

lol get a load of this idiot

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

The Colonel posted:

anyway everyone should check out sound! euphonium and a silent voice and just most of the things naoko yamada's directed in general because she's a loving incredible director and one of the youngest rising stars in the industry who started cranking out big hits when she was in like her mid 20s, and a lot of her shows play off of her own experiences in high school. and a silent voice in general is just a really really great movie

also check out kyousougiga and blood blockade battlefront because rie matsumoto is also a badass director who got her start directing random episodes of precure and all of her shows have a mix of incredibly stylish, flashy action and really laid-back character interaction

also bbb's soundtrack is all stuff like this and it owns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juJkx8lgKzo

peace

I haven't listened to the soundtrack in a while but I think this is a pretty good BBB track
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wo9l5N4bM-k

ass
Sep 22, 2011
Young Orc

exquisite tea posted:

:jerkbag:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

oddium posted:

Yup

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Healbot posted:

Nah, I'ma just post the best track.

Come on, man. Get it right.

https://youtu.be/xOeb7StJlRc

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Before you ask, one of them is Taintrunner

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

oddium posted:

thank you for the support

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

rear end posted:

I've brushed aside way way way worse things than nitpicky flaws

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

exquisite tea posted:

What a totally expected non-committal post.

chumbler posted:

https://youtu.be/xOeb7StJlRc

*posts 3rd best track*

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

He's not wrong

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
Who did the music for Star Ocean 2, because I remember that having a, uh, unique sound

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

rear end

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

imagine actually liking things

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

FirstAidKite posted:

He's not wrong

Look if we all didn't snipe at each other constantly we wouldn't have much of a forum here

ass
Sep 22, 2011
Young Orc

FirstAidKite posted:

He's not wrong

i know

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

LawfulWaffle posted:

Who did the music for Star Ocean 2, because I remember that having a, uh, unique sound

motoi sakuraba

his ps1 soundtracks were a lot better than his post-2010 stuff

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Sources tell me you made the Star Ocean 2 soundtrack.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

https://twitter.com/videogamedeals/status/1024384262995435520

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GeFRJHZPw8M

the valkyrie profile ost is the best soundtrack sakuraba's ever composed

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

LawfulWaffle posted:

Sakuraba.

His sound fonts for PS1 were something else.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ockWXLerbEg

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I knew it would take me too long to look up that track.

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Zaphod42 posted:

Its just kinda weird. Like imagine if my favorite thing was wearing baseball jerseys in public but I don't actually care about baseball or the team's shirt I'm wearing. But I go out of my way to dress in perfect uniform all the time.

Like my outfit? Yeah, its great, I spent hours on it. Who? The Yankees? I dunno I just thought it was a cool pattern.

At that point, just get into fashion instead?

This reminds me of a girl in my high school who wore a Ramones shirt but was definitely not into punk rock at all. When someone asked her about it, along the lines of, "Huh, you like the Ramones?". Her response was, "Who? Oh, you mean the Ram-1s, I dunno, I just like the shirt!" So yes, there are definitely people walking around wearing a shirt referencing something they know nothing about.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

The Colonel posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GeFRJHZPw8M

the valkyrie profile ost is the best soundtrack sakuraba's ever composed

valkyrie profile is so insanely good

too bad it's from the era of insanely cheap localizations

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

cheetah7071 posted:

valkyrie profile is so insanely good

too bad it's from the era of insanely cheap localizations

it's a better localization than ff7

or wild arms 2

or suikoden 2, despite having the same editor

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I wish I could play VP on my Vita.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I only trust two people as well

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
wonky as most of his localizations were, i respect jeremy blaustein more than victor ireland

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

The thing about VP that stands out in my memory is a boss, Barbarosa or something, who you could walk into and fight, then after the fight there was no dialogue and you could just walk into him again for another fight. I remember it because I know I fought him accidentally a whole bunch by accidentally walking into him. I... was not a bright kid.

VP is definitely a game I should play again. I was a big fan of Arngrim. It was my go-to name for MUDs around that time.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Buddy, they won't even let me gently caress the einherjar

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

LawfulWaffle posted:

Buddy, they won't even let me gently caress the einherjar

vp dating sim when

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

In Training posted:

I wish I could play VP on my Vita.

you can play it on your phone!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I only trust two people as well

too real but still funny

The Colonel posted:

motoi sakuraba

his ps1 soundtracks were a lot better than his post-2010 stuff

i think a lot of his stuff is too dissonant for me, it just sounds like noise. but he made good late game boss music, at least until star ocean 3

• Locked thread