Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.
Steve Brule is pretty smart

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
http://www.tmz.com/2018/07/30/alex-trebek-jeopardy-replacement-alex-faust-kings-hockey/

:ohdear:

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Hockey guy is pretty cool and I think he would do a good job.

Worst case they create a Trebek robot and plug him on to charge between tapings.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
The only suitable replacement for Alex Trebek is some form of malevolent, malfunctioning AI

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Soothing Vapors posted:

The only suitable replacement for Alex Trebek is some form of malevolent, malfunctioning AI

So... Watson?

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

I'm surprised TMZ hasn't announced that it's been a robot hosting Wheel for the past decade.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Someone dust off Geoff Peterson, whose probably been in storage since Craig Ferguson went off the air.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Soothing Vapors posted:

If they can make it have a condescending tone when announcing the right answer after the contestants all miss, it will be perfect

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

https://twitter.com/KenJennings/status/1024033621143838720?s=19

I'd be down with Ken hosting. Mostly because I like the idea of "I did so well on a game show... They made me the host!"

Realistically they'll go with someone with some announcing or acting experience (but is obscure enough to host it till they retire.)

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

https://twitter.com/levarburton/status/1024088721581170688

butterfly in the sky...i can score very high....

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006
I think Coates would be cool. I think she carries the right amount of authority that a Jeopardy host needs while still being affable.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
I feel like Ken Jennings has the right resume to subtly throw shade at contestants when they're being idiots like Alex does though.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
Ken Jennings side-eyeing someone who loses because of a terrible wager in Final would be pretty great.

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

His Twitter history basically excludes him from contention. He should host a competing network TV game show, though.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER

Vulture Culture posted:

His Twitter history basically excludes him from contention. He should host a competing network TV game show, though.

he should host Lingo and put that punk woolllery out of commission

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Hasn't Jennings already said he doesn't want the job?

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
No, I think he wants it but he doesn't think his chances are good

https://twitter.com/kenjennings/status/1024103796702466048

I think Jennings should get it

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
I'm pulling for Austin Rogers to watch the thread meltdown

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Sadly, it's true that Jennings' past tweets probably would cause enough outcry to disqualify him. Game show hosts are supposed to be as whitebread as possible, doubly so for Jeopardy. And I'm not sure if they would want a host that's better at the game than practically every contestant that would play.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
Matt Lauer was floated as a replacement years ago but I'm pretty sure that's out the window!

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
https://twitter.com/KenJennings/status/654764637968162816

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

I must be broken but I don't think Jennings would be a good host at all.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

Croatoan posted:

I'm pulling for Austin Rogers to watch the thread meltdown

I would definitely be ok with this.

LOL

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
They should put John Hodgman in.

Anyway, of course the answer was Lesotho.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

I'm glad I got to hear Trebek say "spiciest memelord" before he retired.

A Typical Goon
Feb 25, 2011
Ken Jennings is funny, witty, charismatic and smart. He’d be a perfect host, but they won’t pick someone so partisan

My favourite Ken Jennings tweet

https://twitter.com/kenjennings/status/612092418561675264?s=21

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

I would love LeVar.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

WampaLord posted:

I would love LeVar.

Hell yes. And he fits that “wholesome” personality pretty well. :techno:

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
LeVar Burton is one of the only choices I'd be almost totally okay with. He's very likeable and right around the same level of cool/nerdy. I wonder if he's still directing stuff though. Judging by imdb it looks like his plate isn't super full...

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

Alex Jones

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

"I'll take US Congress with Nancy Pelosi for $400, Alex"

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
"Before we move on to the next round, I'm being told we have a correction to make. You see, I ate a big bowl of chili last night..."

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
Jeopardy should end when Alex Trebek dies, and his funeral should have the entire set and all of the staff working at the time burned along with him on a cruise ship like the world's nerdiest, most :rock: viking funeral pyre.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Give him the Jeremy Bentham treatment and leave him on-set forever looking over the shoulder of the new host.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

biracial bear for uncut posted:

Jeopardy should end when Alex Trebek dies, and his funeral should have the entire set and all of the staff working at the time burned along with him on a cruise ship like the world's nerdiest, most :rock: viking funeral pyre.

No. They get buried with him like the Pharaohs.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
brick Trebek's corpse, Johnny Gilbert and the Clue Crew into the studio walls and build the foundations of New Jeopardy upon the corpses of Old Jeopardy

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Soothing Vapors posted:

brick Trebek's corpse, Johnny Gilbert and the Clue Crew into the studio walls and build the foundations of New Jeopardy upon the corpses of Old Jeopardy

Maybe if you want the furniture to start flying around the room every time someone gives a wrong response.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

"Oh I get it now!"

Austin's great.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

DoctorWhat posted:

"Oh I get it now!"

Austin's great.

I remember that from the first time it was shown, and yeah that was great. Austin is amazing.

In other news, Jeopardy maybe let me get a job! The interviewer at the job that Civil Service qualified me for was a big Jeopardy fan, and half the interview was spent talking about my experience on the show, once we got all the job requirements and expectations out of the way. I guess I'll find out in a month.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

First time it was shown?

oh right, summer reruns

DoctorWhat fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Aug 2, 2018