Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

goferchan posted:

God of War 2018. Pretty good game, they hit on a solid formula here and if they improve on it a sequel could be great. I'll probably go back and try to beat the optional superbosses because I really dig the combat -- the last boss almost felt like a Jeanne or Baldur fight from Bayonetta which is pretty high praise
https://clips.twitch.tv/TardyGlutenFreeGoshawkDAESuppy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

lmfao

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

lol

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Prey. I really loved the first uhhh 2/3rds of it. At some point they run out of new areas and kinda have you doing loops around the game but the tense exploratory atmosphere is replaced with a rushed action packed pace that I didn't enjoy as much, but by the end of the game you have so many neuromods installed and have hoarded so much healing crap you're ludicrously OP anyway so it was kinda fun to jet past enemies doming poo poo in slo-mo with a uflly upgraded shotgun. I think I'll play it again at some point on hard.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Yeah that last bit is made way worse on PS4 by the loooong loading times between zones lol. Seriously sometimes spent less time traveling through a zone than I did waiting for the loading screens on either side of it sometimes

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Win.

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

Hyrule Warriors Definitive Edition (Legends Mode)

I did all the bonus missions they added in the 3DS game and whatever. I liked the game for the most part, but I was past ready for that game to end.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Baxate posted:

Hyrule Warriors Definitive Edition (Legends Mode)

I did all the bonus missions they added in the 3DS game and whatever. I liked the game for the most part, but I was past ready for that game to end.

You gotta do Adventure mode now.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

brothers: a tale of two sons (pc)

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

Final Fantasy XIII. very good. It's significantly harder than 6,7, or 8 and I suspect that's the real reason a lot of fans don't like it. The game looks great on pc and every time people were talking about Dajh I pretended they were talking about Doge instead--really funny.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Hell yeah

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Frenz posted:

Final Fantasy XIII. very good. It's significantly harder than 6,7, or 8 and I suspect that's the real reason a lot of fans don't like it. The game looks great on pc and every time people were talking about Dajh I pretended they were talking about Doge instead--really funny.

doge

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Frenz posted:

Lol

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!
MD Tatsujin (1CC, died at 2-1)

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

1. Bound
  2. Rogue Galaxy
  3. Stories: The Path of Destinies
  4. Batman
  5. Costume Quest 2
  6. Shadowhand
  7. Ni no Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom
  8. Bloodborne
  9. Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan
  10. Valkyria Chronicles Remastered
  11. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Games Beat:
1. The Surge
2. Hand of Fate
3. Ys 1+
4: Wolfenstein: The Old Blood
5: Momodora: Reverie Under the Moonlight
6: Monster Hunter World
7. God of War 1 (remastered)
8. Bayonetta Switch version
9. Red Dead Revolver
10. Into The Breach
11. God of War
12. Dark Souls: Remastered
13. Hollow Knight (Ending A)
14. Dark Souls 2 (All bosses except Darklurker)
15. Prey (2017)
16. Slay the Spire (Ironclad)

Honorable Mentions:
1. Diabolus Ex WAD for DooM 2: https://www.doomworld.com/forum/topic/101473-gzdoom-diabolus-ex-v10/

I think I beat Slay the Spire? I got a credits screen and a "Victory" message but I think I might have missed something. I used the first guy. This game is sick.

fadam fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Aug 4, 2018

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Slay The Spire looks cool but i'm waiting for it to come to god's chosen gaming platform the iPhone. Lately been playing Card Quest which is pretty different (you build your deck piece by piece at the start of your run based on different "equipment" cards and it doesn't really change during a run) but it's very fun and an elegant card game system and it's on android and ios and steam for real cheap .

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

goferchan posted:

Slay The Spire looks cool but i'm waiting for it to come to god's chosen gaming platform the iPhone. Lately been playing Card Quest which is pretty different (you build your deck piece by piece at the start of your run based on different "equipment" cards and it doesn't really change during a run) but it's very fun and an elegant card game system and it's on android and ios and steam for real cheap .
Spire does some good stuff but it has some really unfun boss design and it's too random.

At some point completely miserable HP pile bosses became the thing for indie games. Dead Cells does the same thing.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I was never able to clear the boss of Ziggurat because it was such a HP sponge. On easy. It just wouldn't die.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

super sweet best pal posted:

I was never able to clear the boss of Ziggurat because it was such a HP sponge. On easy. It just wouldn't die.

lol

Soral
May 30, 2009

iconoclasts 100%

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep Final Mix

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

1. Bound
  2. Rogue Galaxy
  3. Stories: The Path of Destinies
  4. Batman
  5. Costume Quest 2
  6. Shadowhand
  7. Ni no Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom
  8. Bloodborne
  9. Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan
  10. Valkyria Chronicles Remastered
  11. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

About to finish up ni no kuni myself, platinum natch. Amazing game

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Assassin's Creed: Rogue Remastered. Lumpy saying this one's actually good got me intrigued enough to get it during the Xbox sale. It's a fun naval combat game but was just okay when you had to get off the ship. The lack of actual stealth mechanics was really noticeable because they had to make the enemy AI really dumb to compensate.

Soral
May 30, 2009

red strings club

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
lumines remastered and warioware gold

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

37. La-Mulana 2

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Iconofclasts “harder mode”

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Question to those who beat Persona 5: did you max out all your confidants in one playthrough? I'm skimming a (spoiler free) walkthrough to doing so and it seems really loving hard , like you have to complete every palace on the first trip possible and then be extremely frugal with your money and spend most of it grinding social stats. Kind of seems like a pain, but I hate missing cool stuff and I don't think this is the kind of game I'd ever play in NG+. Is it as bad as it sounds ? should I just play normally and "Take My Time"?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

There's no reason to do it unless you're getting a platinum trophy which I think you need to do NG+ for anyway. Just hang out with who you think is cool

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

goferchan posted:

Question to those who beat Persona 5: did you max out all your confidants in one playthrough? I'm skimming a (spoiler free) walkthrough to doing so and it seems really loving hard , like you have to complete every palace on the first trip possible and then be extremely frugal with your money and spend most of it grinding social stats. Kind of seems like a pain, but I hate missing cool stuff and I don't think this is the kind of game I'd ever play in NG+. Is it as bad as it sounds ? should I just play normally and "Take My Time"?

i got really close and i didnt do anything special

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

goferchan posted:

I got a bunch of them maxed by playing normally, some of them aren't really worth it anyway

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Pushing yourself to finish the dungeons in a single day is part of the fun of the game I think, tho it becomes much easier as the game goes on. Dungeon 1 in a single day would be very tough.

Don't worry about completing every social link, pick who you like and hang with them. But do make an effort to complete the ones you do get far in; You get an item on completion that makes it easier to recomplete that link if you ever actually do NG+.

Don't follow that guide, even spoiler free it'll gently caress up playing the game for you.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Ok I will never look at it again. Thank you. I think I actually stand a chance at completing the first palace in one day but it's been pretty brutal even on Normal mode

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

goferchan posted:

i didn't max them all or use a guide but this is definitely probably the easiest of the persona games to get a lot of links. i think i makes out all but 3 of the slinks on my first playthru. its a lot easier to get stat ups in this game because a lot of the activities give you one or more stat boosts, and slinks usually give you stat boosts, and later on the fortune teller slink has a skill that lets you stat boost, so you end up with a lot of stats which are whhat you need to advance the slinks [a lot of them require level 5 compassion/courage/knowledge/whatever at some point]. so don't worry about it bye

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

its pretty easy to complete most links but very hard to complete all of them, most people here probably ended up just 2 or 3 short

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

I ignored the fortune teller and only got around half the links maxed despite not wasting any time.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

La Mulana 2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

And then Octopath Traveler

I'd have finished it a week ago but La Mulana came out just as I started the final dungeon and distracted me

It was a good game overall but the final dungeon sucked