Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
Also, looks like those are account wide? The character-specific ornaments from this season's FRs sucked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Only the last tier is 400 it starts at 340 i think ?

We have this so far

https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/47017

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

1stGear posted:

Only one of those I'm concerned about is the "Reach Legend" in PvP. If it's not retroactive, that's some loving bullshit.

It's retroactive. https://bungie.net/triumphs

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
Looks like if you do all the blue spreadsheet stuff you will get the 400 armor. The final purple entry is for the ability to masterwork it.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Neat, this looks like an easy way to get LL400 armor since my baby retard characters are low light level

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

130 super kills is like ten public events

It's in Crucible, but I'm an idiot who somehow transposed a 1 in front of 30. 30 Super kills in PvP is whatever.

Taratang
Sep 4, 2002

Grand Master
Triumphs don't directly relate to the armor requirements and this is Bungie. There is no guarantee it will be retroactive for the armor.

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

Spanish Manlove posted:

So do these drop at your current light level or at 400 light?

Then you complete challenges and it ranks them up from blue all the way to masterwork?

They start at 140? With each "level up" the LL gets bumped (240 -> 340 -> 400).

400 is the max-masterwork version.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Taratang posted:

Triumphs don't directly relate to the armor requirements and this is Bungie. There is no guarantee it will be retroactive for the armor.

Solstice of Heroes posted:

Many of you have already begun completing your Moments of Triumph, currently being tracked on Bungie.net.
It's not a guarantee it'll be retroactive, but it seems more likely than not.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Snuffman posted:

They start at 140? With each "level up" the LL gets bumped (240 -> 340 -> 400).

400 is the max-masterwork version.

Weak, I was hoping it'd be something like 340-360-380-400

Coffee Sludge
Dec 14, 2003

Dag nabbit
Grimey Drawer

Bungie posted:

After you visit the Statue of Heroes, you will receive an uncommon "Scorched" armor set at Power 240. On each armor piece is a series of objectives that you will need to complete to upgrade the armor. Once you have completed the objectives, return to the Statue of Heroes to upgrade to the next set. After you upgrade your Shattered set, you'll receive the "Rekindled" set at Power 340 — with a new list of objectives. Once you complete those objectives, your reward is the "Resplendent" Armor Set at Power 400. One final group of objectives to complete, and you'll unlock the Masterwork version of the armor set.

If you love the way the Shattered or Rekindled sets look, and would rather show those off, we’ve got you covered. Each Resplendent Armor Set offers the previous versions as ornaments, so you can pick and choose how each piece looks.

Each armor set will be a set light level. The masterwork won't add to that.
What I want to know is if the glow effect works when using the ornaments.

Wilekat
Sep 24, 2007

Fathis Munk posted:

Wile from the euro clan has put together a spreadsheet with the datamined requirements for the solstice armor upgrades, this might be useful to people so I'll share it here with his permission
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1sRzchRMMhMf9QRBFzLf5fbx9xkk9HmOconygXC5TAc0/edit#gid=0

Some of those are really grindy bullshit imo.

Not gonna take full credit for this. Layout/formatting from some guy on reddit, but I thought it was dumb he didn't stick actual values on the drat thing.

It seems mostly ok, but I miss 2 weeks of Solstice, so I might have scale back the number of characters i do, depending on how much of it is retroactive or can be achieved without being at specific armour levels

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
holy poo poo PC crucible is almost unplayable (moreso than before). almost every game is some maxed out murderstack who finished with comp while my team will be like four dudes leveling warlocks. i played a dude who had like 22k kills on his antiope and 7k on his NM shotty.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Legendary Collection announced. Comes with game and all expansions up to Foreskin.

http://www.ign.com/videos/2018/07/31/destiny-2-forsaken-legendary-collection-trailer

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

holy poo poo PC crucible is almost unplayable (moreso than before). almost every game is some maxed out murderstack who finished with comp while my team will be like four dudes leveling warlocks. i played a dude who had like 22k kills on his antiope and 7k on his NM shotty.

Aww what's a matter, lil guy? Are the other boys real good at the video game?

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Aww what's a matter, lil guy? Are the other boys real good at the video game?

He's referring to the fact that skill-based matchmaking isn't currently working right now.

JerikTelorian
Jan 19, 2007

Can you accumulate the super kills in crucible from private matches?

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
Lol of course not

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Sadly not. It's very dumb that they ask for 30 super kills and only 10 normal kills and I am convinced that is bungo messing up and it should have been the other way around.

Apparently it's gonna be mayhem next week, which will help with that dumb objective I guess. Another important info is that you only need to wear the piece that has that objective for it to progress.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Fathis Munk posted:

Sadly not. It's very dumb that they ask for 30 super kills and only 10 normal kills and I am convinced that is bungo messing up and it should have been the other way around.

Apparently it's gonna be mayhem next week, which will help with that dumb objective I guess. Another important info is that you only need to wear the piece that has that objective for it to progress.

Yeah that was the weird thing, just feels kinda eh rolling through matches waiting for that arcstrider moment

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

JerikTelorian posted:

Can you accumulate the super kills in crucible from private matches?

Nope. First thing I tried. I drank my way through a sixer of Fat Tire just to get 30 super kills. gently caress PVP to death.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
Wait, it went live today? I thought it started in August. Don't really know why I thought that, but it's not like I have any time until Thursday.

Elysiume fucked around with this message at 08:52 on Aug 1, 2018

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Only one that seems actually annoying is 30 challenges, just because it's hard to grind that out

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I guess it's a soft gate to stop us getting to purp and beyond in the first week?

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
I mean yes and no, you can just mash your head against crucible to get those kills :v:

Pinely
Jul 23, 2013
College Slice
30 super kills isn't bad but it's definetly a mistake that Bungie either didn't catch or couldn't fix in time.

It seems like they went out of their way to make sure that only numbers without clean percentages display as percentages, which is just lol.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
The PvP legend rank is indeed retroactive, you just need to do one match to earn some valor for it to register.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
You guys, that’s a single super kill a day for a month. 30 super kills in PvP doesn’t even register on the annoying grindy bullshit scale compared to anything else in this game.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

How in the blue fudge do you even expect me to get one super kill a day!!!!

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Bust Rodd posted:

You guys, that’s a single super kill a day for a month. 30 super kills in PvP doesn’t even register on the annoying grindy bullshit scale compared to anything else in this game.

Yeah but the rest are things like "do 10 patrols" and the titan equivalent is "get 10 normal pvp kills" so someone clearly hosed up lol

Lunchmeat Larry fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Aug 2, 2018

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Bust Rodd posted:

You have to do it to get past the first stage of the armor though. You can still definitely spread it out over a longer period of time but if you want the 400 masterwork set, you're definitely going to need to do it sooner rather than later.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
i mean, i've played a decent amount but i'm only like an hour-long session away from having the purple set. i definitely think the average roadblock is gonna the PvP stuff, though.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

i mean, i've played a decent amount but i'm only like an hour-long session away from having the purple set. i definitely think the average roadblock is gonna the PvP stuff, though.

Lol

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
It's so tru

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
:q:

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

Yeah I got my purple set yesterday and the biggest road block for me where the 30 super kills, by far. It's probably not that bad if your are good at pvp, but I'm decent at best :shrug:

Probably gonna wait for mayhem week to get it done on the two other classes.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
Are all of the armor unlocks character specific?

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Yes.

Bishopvi
Nov 12, 2003

And then he gives me a smile that just seems so genuinely sweet with just the right touch of shyness that unexpected warmth rushes through me.
Looking at joining a clan with some goons. Since it requires approval, would I need to get on the discord and make myself known? Post about the request here? Help me have more internet friends to shoot space zombies please!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

Bishopvi posted:

Looking at joining a clan with some goons. Since it requires approval, would I need to get on the discord and make myself known? Post about the request here? Help me have more internet friends to shoot space zombies please!

not to mention that's also mostly where people group up at, which could be a huge help

• Locked thread