Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Alan Smithee posted:

Is the New Arrested Development season any good? I have literally heard nothing about it besides how Jeffrey tan or was Hitler for yelling at Jessica and everyone else was a Hitler apologist for defending him

I thought it was trash, personally, and based on comments made at the TCA press tour, I wouldn't be shocked to see Netflix quietly shelve the remaining eight episodes and let the show die.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

feedmyleg posted:

It's really not a good look to be invested in who a 15 year old girl is dating if you're an adult.

i think wanting the adorable stranger things kid to be happy is a completely fair thing

like as long as none of the people in this discussion are hoping they'll be dating the 15-year-old i think we're ok

e: seriously was anyone's reaction to ST s1 not "these kids are absolutely loving adorable and deserve all the success and happiness in the world"

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://mobile.twitter.com/rights4girls/status/933014462579269632

It ain't good

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

hollywood.jpg

That's real hosed tho lmao usually they don't skew that young for sexiest man/woman lists. And it isn't like MBB is some bombshell 15yo who looks way older than she actually is, she looks very much her age even when she's got 20lbs of makeup on.

Man W magazine what da fuq tho

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
You just know one of those kids is gonna end up really broken because of this fame. Like, addicted to snorting taco seasoning or whatever the hell kids do these days.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Aatrek is so hard right now

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
I don't know who Jacob Sartorius is, but i'm just going to assume he's either a Greek serial killer or a Roman Centurian brought forward into modern times via time displacement.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Gonz posted:

a Roman Centurian brought forward into modern times via time displacement.

Sorry, that's Arthur Darvill

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

What the hell? I'm angry.

Melissa Barrera had that locked.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Mu Zeta posted:

Aatrek is so hard right now

Probably too old for Aatrek.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
From what I've read it's her parents that are pushing all this and have been since S1 blew up.

Her dad is her agent, lol, that always works out well.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
She's the chick from Stranger Things?

I figured she was older, she's actually 14

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Laterite posted:

Jessica Simpson and Beyoncé are billionaires

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

Laterite posted:

From what I've read it's her parents that are pushing all this and have been since S1 blew up.

Pretty much. Her parents push her hard and will book her for anything and everything that can earn them money. I didn't think her dad was her agent though, just that they had been doing all of this behind their backs. That might have changed recently though.

That poor kid is going to get messed up before she's out of her teens.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

less laughter posted:

Jessica Simpson and Beyoncé are billionaires

Jessica Simpson is a billionaire?

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
Jessica Simpson is a billionaire.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Castle Rock is killing it.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

less laughter posted:

Jessica Simpson is a billionaire.

Apparently she's not. I looked it up because how can someone that dumb be that rich. She's worth $150 million.

gently caress this planet.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
She spells billion with an M

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
She has a fashion line that might legitimately be a billion dollar enterprise, but she doesn't personally own it.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

If you're a celebrity just start selling makeup and you'll be worth a billion

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I think the only reason I remembered who Jessica Simpson is was because I caught a random episode of That 70's Show where she guest starred. What was the last thing she was in anyway? The Dukes of Hazard?

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Croatoan posted:

Apparently she's not. I looked it up because how can someone that dumb be that rich. She's worth $150 million.

Her company is valued at $1 billion though

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFhA_7Ljby4

Jessica SAMPson.

SimonChris fucked around with this message at 13:20 on Aug 1, 2018

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
She was a pop star, wasn't she? Part of the Mickey Mouse Club set along with Britney, Christina, Justin et al. But she wasn't as big outside America, as I recall. From my recollection of my school days, Britney was the most popular overall, while all the hardcore nine-year olds were into Limp Bizkit.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

I love this.

It really is amazing that for so long part of the standard press tour involved sending out a pre-recorded tape for local news stations to run a fake interview with the stars.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
"That's an interesting question <insert name>, thanks for asking"

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Jessica Simpson is more famous for getting really fat and then losing a fuckload of weight than she is for anything else she ever did.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Rhyno posted:

Jessica Simpson is more famous for getting really fat and then losing a fuckload of weight than she is for anything else she ever did.

I didn't even know that happened

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Iron Crowned posted:

I didn't even know that happened

It's the only notable thing she's ever done.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

less laughter posted:

Her company is valued at $1 billion though
And she's the majority shareholder but she doesn't own the whole thing.

Rhyno posted:

She also had acne and did a bunch of commercials about it.

xerxus
Apr 24, 2010
Grimey Drawer

It came from this cover.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BVzsgYBAtkn/

She is in a long list of male and female actors under the heading "Why TV is Sexier Than Ever", and wasn't listed as Sexiest Woman Alive or such nonsense.

The amount of editorialization is suspect.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Oh as long as she was only identified as sexy and not superlatively sexy

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

"Lets not get caught up in this witch hunt, this underage girl wasn't named the SEXIEST woman alive or anything"

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The same poo poo happened with the young girl from the new IT. People are horrible.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Her, the GoT girls, the Olson twins, there are always gonna be pervs that creep on young famous girls. There used to be websites that counted down to "X girl turns 18"

xerxus
Apr 24, 2010
Grimey Drawer
It's no doubt a bad 'headline' on the cover, but there's a huge difference between saying she's the sexiest Actress and the actual article which is a fluff piece.

https://www.wmagazine.com/gallery/hottest-television-actors-nicole-kidman-milo-ventimiglia/all

quote:

As movies increasingly play to a global audience with an endless stream of superhero blockbusters, the television landscape is becoming more varied—and more compelling. So, this year we turned our attention to dramas and the 13 actors and actresses who have given performances that are deeper and more thrilling than any you might find at the cinema. From Nicole Kidman and Alexander Skarsgård, who played a couple caught in an impassioned and physically abusive relationship in HBO's Big Little Lies, to Millie Bobby Brown as the otherworldly Eleven on Stranger Things and Milo Ventimiglia as Jack Pearson, the flawed but compassionate father at the heart of NBC’s breakthrough hit This Is Us, here is a closer look at the hottest TV stars of the year.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I'm more confused about that "plate" than anything else

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

zoux posted:

Her, the GoT girls, the Olson twins, there are always gonna be pervs that creep on young famous girls. There used to be websites that counted down to "X girl turns 18"

I remember seeing a dude wearing a "Dakota Fanning Countdown to 18" shirt at a con.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Iron Crowned posted:

I'm more confused about that "plate" than anything else

https://www.reddit.com/r/WeWantPlates/

Rhyno posted:

I remember seeing a dude wearing a "Dakota Fanning Countdown to 18" shirt at a con.

I'm not gonna google for it at work but there was a pretty well known pic around here of the neckbeard with the "I liked Lindsay (lohan) Before the Tits. That's Right." shirt.