Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN

Dreylad posted:

canadian real estate is the Desert of the Realtor

:golfclap:

How long have you been sitting on this gem?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Dreylad posted:

canadian real estate is the Desert of the Realtor

:five:

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
He's just kinda saying poo poo at this point.

https://twitter.com/GraphicMatt/status/1024347253069283334

https://twitter.com/GraphicMatt/status/1024347956844081158

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Premayor Doug Ford everybody

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

sliderule posted:

dont stop im almost there

please stop immediately, i'm already there and my uncontrollable lust for the death of the rich is destroying my life

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

vyelkin posted:

Premayor Doug Ford everybody

ford just really wants to be mayor of toronto

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Helsing posted:

:golfclap:

How long have you been sitting on this gem?

I had to break out a craft beer and commune with the spirit of CI to come up with my one good post of the year.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
It seems pretty obvious that Doug Ford intends to break the media as donald trump did by just saying incoherent poo poo, tightly controlling access and not caring what the media says in general because as it turns out if you have a majority government in canada you can do pretty much whatever the gently caress you want give or take the time it takes to process a charter challenge. all attention is positive attention because every criticism of his nonsense policies will now be seen as an attack on his good character by ford supporters.

Dreylad has issued a correction as of 23:01 on Jul 31, 2018

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
It's called "Ford derangement syndrome". Expect to see that phrase a lot in the next four years.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
yeah I guess we already lived through this in the rob ford days except rob ford couldn't do nearly as much unilaterally

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes

infernal machines posted:

It's called "Ford derangement syndrome". Expect to see that phrase a lot in the next four years.

Dougs gonna Doug :shrug:

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

especially funny coming from the people who've had a 3 year long incoherent rage-gasm over JT being the prime minister

James Baud
May 24, 2015

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
So it seems that at a Clayoquot Sound area protest today, attendees serenaded Prime Minister - and noted 20-year-ago bum grabber - Justin Trudeau with "No means no" chants.

I'm not 100% sure that was deliberate.

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012
does doug ford smoke crack?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
Would it matter if he did?

But no, by all accounts hash was more his bag.

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012

Would it matter if he did?

But no, by all accounts hash was more his bag.

Well i was wondering if it was a family thing.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Don't misunderstand me, I just think even if extended footage of the cracktape leaked, showing him hooting next to dear ol Robbie, he'd weather it with aplomb.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Don't misunderstand me, I just think even if extended footage of the cracktape leaked, showing him hooting next to dear ol Robbie, he'd weather it with aplomb.

"That was years ago, why are you dredging up ancient history when you should be supporting the premier? His success is our success now! By the way, did you hear Justin Trudeau may have groped a woman in the year 2000?"

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes

Dreylad posted:

Doug Ford intends to break the media

https://twitter.com/OntarioNewsNow/status/1024055108039000065

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Oh yeah, there's that too.

When Postmedia just isn't enough, run your own propaganda channel.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

They're still doing this poo poo? Jesus Christ.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

why would they stop?

what do you have against truth Arivia?

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

Arivia posted:

Who watches this, by the way, and where do they watch it? I remember having the same questions when Harper made the reality TV show about himself.

I guess it shows up on certain people's facebook feeds. But that can't be all of it, can it?

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes

Arivia posted:

The funny/tragic/ironic angle is that McGuinty made it illegal and then Wynne took away the AG's power to police partisan advertising with government money in 2015.

Anyhow, expect to see another one soon about how the federal government admits Doug is optimizing competitiveness of Ontario businesses

quote:

The federal government will drastically reduce the scope of its planned carbon tax to address competitiveness concerns as it prepares to replace Ontario’s cap-and-trade system with its own levy.

After a closed-door meeting with industry officials last week, Environment and Climate Change Canada issued new guidelines that lower the percentage of emissions on which large polluters will have to pay the carbon tax and offer bigger breaks for energy-intensive companies that face tough international competition. The guidelines will be imposed on every province that doesn’t meet the federal standard for carbon pricing.

Companies will try to pass along any costs of the carbon tax to consumers, but industry leaders say they may have to absorb it in competitive markets. The reduced tax means businesses will have fewer costs to pass along, face less competitive pressure and likely produce higher emissions.

Ottawa issued draft regulations in January indicating companies would have to pay the carbon tax on roughly 30 per cent of their emissions, with a benchmark set at 70 per cent of their industry’s average emissions performance. The new rules to start in January will lower that requirement to pay tax on 20 per cent of emissions, and some particularly vulnerable industries – including cement and steel making – will pay tax on roughly 10 per cent of their greenhouse gas emissions.

https://outline.com/Hq5wN9

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
that is some weak poo poo goddamnit trudeau the carbon tax was like the one thing you were doing right

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
loving spineless liberals caving as soon as there's an iota of public resistance to any remotely progressive policy they propose to implement

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

vyelkin posted:

loving spineless liberals caving as soon as there's an iota of public resistance to any remotely progressive policy they propose to implement

This reads like a comment from thesun until you get towards the end

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

gotta keep up with the high-flying profitability of the smoggies

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Risky Bisquick posted:

This reads like a comment from thesun until you get towards the end

oh no we offended a conservative somewhere better cancel our proposed changes to capital gains tax loopholes and water down the carbon tax

progressives dont like our pipeline? gently caress them drill baby drill

*is literally justin trudeau*

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes

vyelkin posted:

oh no we offended a conservative somewhere better cancel our proposed changes to capital gains tax loopholes and water down the carbon tax

progressives dont like our pipeline? gently caress them drill baby drill

*is literally justin trudeau*

Doing it because he offended conservatives is really the most charitable motivation you could ascribe. It's innate, he deeply cares about the economy. And the environment. And canoeing.

Those two things, the environment and the economy, they go together like paddles and canoes. Unless you have both, you won’t get to where you are going, because you can’t have a strong economy without a healthy environment.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord
You laugh but based on that recent garbage poll the liberals and ndp bleed their support to the conservatives because there seems to be a lot of weak fiscal centrists, so perhaps he is playing the long game to appease them somehow with promises of jobs / business / economy

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Risky Bisquick posted:

You laugh but based on that recent garbage poll the liberals and ndp bleed their support to the conservatives because there seems to be a lot of weak fiscal centrists, so perhaps he is playing the long game to appease them somehow with promises of jobs / business / economy

then he's doing a terrible job because it doesn't matter how strong or weak the carbon tax is, the mere fact that it exists will be enough to rile up conservatives and have them blame any economic problems on it no matter what. It could be "pay $1 to the state if you emit 9 billion tonnes of carbon" and they would still claim it's an intentional measure to strangle the economy because Justin Trudeau is a traitorous Islamist who wants to destroy Canada

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

Risky Bisquick posted:

you can't outcon the cons

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord
but trudeau flanked the ndp from the left so in theory... :thunk:

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
thats only cause the ndp tried to outlib the libs

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
you can't outcon the cons and you can't outlib the libs but you can sure as hell outdip the dippers because the ndp are loving morons

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Arivia posted:

Yes. Except now you're paying for it. Also, Lindsay Vanstone used to be a real journalist and I hope to god she is unemployable outside of Rebel after this 1984 garbage.

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

It's unsurprising that many NDP and Lib voters get anxious about deficits given that their own parties and the entire media actually agree with the Conservatives on deficits being bad and balanced budgets being good.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

THC posted:

especially funny coming from the people who've had a 3 year long incoherent rage-gasm over JT being the prime minister

tbf trudeau actually sucks, it's their solution of "do everything lovely trudeau does but 10x worse" that is the problem

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

The hardcore partisan supporters of every party suffer derangement syndrome regarding their opponents which is how you get people who passionately hated Harper but adore Trudeau when he implements the same fiscal policies.