Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bewilderbeest
Jul 6, 2000

The Bewildered Wildebeest
I'm only able to attend on Sunday this year, and I'll be going solo (for the first time ever). I'm going to try to meet up with another old City of Heroes goon pal, but other than that my schedule is wide open at this point. Is there anything fun or interesting or "can't miss" or whatever going down on Sunday?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
On the one hand, Root looks pretty good!

On the other hand, we've just started Gloomhaven.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

OgreNoah posted:

My copy of Root just arrived on Friday and I'm bringing it, super excited to play it!

I'm super wanting to play that, if you end up needing someone to fill a spot

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!
Root is the game I really wanted to try after seeing it at Origins, I'd love to give it a whirl.

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA

emdash posted:

if anyone else is like me (driving to Gencon for the first time and having no idea what any of that poo poo means), just use Waze, it will almost undoubtedly know about the closure and route you around it
I singlehandedly updated Waze with like two long-term closures it clearly did not know about last night; you are welcome. *flies off*

Texibus
May 18, 2008

Pollyanna posted:

Pickup RPGs can be hit or miss, IME. Hard to get players, and the ones you do get often drop out (much like any group). I don’t know if it’s just my generation or what, but people are super flakey.

I will leave an event if it isn't fun or the people are insufferable. I don't owe these people my time, also why would you want someone at your table if they are miserable?

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

Dr. Quarex posted:

I singlehandedly updated Waze with like two long-term closures it clearly did not know about last night; you are welcome. *flies off*

hell yeah dude :swoon:

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Indiana received some road funding a few years back and has been doing an insane amount of road construction ever since. I drove to Ohio last week and crossing the state line was like the driving version of an allergy medication commercial. 465, the main highway looping around the city, has haphazard lane closures that will bring traffic to a crawl, particularly late at night. I recommend driving as little as possible.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!

Dr. Quarex posted:

Thanks!

Texibus posted:

I will leave an event if it isn't fun or the people are insufferable. I don't owe these people my time, also why would you want someone at your table if they are miserable?

Yeah, I've done that. No time at a con for bad gaming, doubly so for GenCon.

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

Its not exactly On Demand Pickup games but I'll be running a pretty dope hyper-deadly Dungeon World game some evening with as many goons who want in, and I'll spend at least one whole day in Games on Demand. Seconding theres no reason to waste time at a bad game, its GenCon, there's always another game you could get into, even if its just going to the JW ballroom and seeing if anyone feels like getting into some nonsense.

Andarel
Aug 4, 2015

I'll be running Level99 stuff on Friday and Saturday for part of the day, but looking for some pick up gaming tomorrow night and Thursday. Also probably Sunday morning.

Can't say I'll have much on me, but I always bring Container and some other small stuff.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Container and small in the same sentence :stare: (I know you prob have the original)

I’d be down for that. Anyone here tonight and want to play something? @me in the groupme chat or post here

Avenging Dentist
Oct 1, 2005

oh my god is that a circular saw that does not go in my mouth aaaaagh
I know people have mentioned lots of good food places, but are there any recommendations for some that are at least reasonably healthy? I'm sure I'll eat plenty of sugary, fried stuff too, but it'd be nice to have some options for when I don't want to punish my stomach.

Andarel
Aug 4, 2015

Bottom Liner posted:

Container and small in the same sentence :stare: (I know you prob have the original)

I’d be down for that. Anyone here tonight and want to play something? @me in the groupme chat or post here

I'm not sure if I caught you last year but my Container travel copy is just a 300ct card box with a PNP version. It's tiny and also a really good game, which is why it's my con game of choice :)

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014

Avenging Dentist posted:

I know people have mentioned lots of good food places, but are there any recommendations for some that are at least reasonably healthy? I'm sure I'll eat plenty of sugary, fried stuff too, but it'd be nice to have some options for when I don't want to punish my stomach.

It's a bit of a drive but Manee on 86th and Township Line Rd is excellent Thai food.

Haystack
Jan 23, 2005

Avenging Dentist posted:

Cafe Patachou is solid for breakfast and lunch.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

There's a nice Ethiopian place called Axum that's about a 30 minute walk from the convention center and has a lot of vegan-friendly options. I assume that's healthy :shrug:

Ethiopian food is good but maybe look up what it is if you've never had it.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Ethiopian is My favorite food and I would definitely go with anyone that wants to try it

Haystack
Jan 23, 2005

There's also a really good little Moroccan restaurant, Saffron Cafe, juuust out of comfortable walking distance from the con.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

Bottom Liner posted:

Ethiopian is My favorite food and I would definitely go with anyone that wants to try it

Hello

E: Safe travels goons!

Dr. Doji Suave
Dec 31, 2004

Any Goons driving today this week to Indy watch for potholes on the interstates the closer you get to Indianapolis. It’s been a huge issue lately and if you hit one you’ll audibly apologize to your now airborne car.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

Dr. Doji Suave posted:

Any Goons driving today this week to Indy watch for potholes on the interstates the closer you get to Indianapolis. It’s been a huge issue lately and if you hit one you’ll audibly apologize to your now airborne car.

I-65 between Louisville and Indianapolis has been in a state of constant repair since like, 2015.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

I'm going to be bringing Vast with the Miniatures Expansion.

Clanpot Shake
Aug 10, 2006
shake shake!

I have some back-to-back events scheduled and only today bothered to check the map for where they are. I've got 2 separate ICC to Lucas Oil treks to make on Friday and Saturday. Does Gencon provide a way to contact event hosts so I can send them something like, "Hey I fully intend to be there but may be late for reasons"? One of them is a workshop and it probably won't matter too much but the other is a BSG game and I really don't want to miss it.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Clanpot Shake posted:

I have some back-to-back events scheduled and only today bothered to check the map for where they are. I've got 2 separate ICC to Lucas Oil treks to make on Friday and Saturday. Does Gencon provide a way to contact event hosts so I can send them something like, "Hey I fully intend to be there but may be late for reasons"? One of them is a workshop and it probably won't matter too much but the other is a BSG game and I really don't want to miss it.

It's a 2 minute walk from the vendor hall, ~5 mins from the tournament hall. Should be fine.

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA
Ethiopian food is so goddamn good that I might consider joining a caravan if it happened at JUST THE RIGHT TIME (though I would drive, come on now, I can even walk under my own power but 30 minutes is far)

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Pro tip for anyone heading up I-69/I-37 from southern Indiana; in and around Bloomington, everything is one lane for a while. Budget extra time if you need to.

Avenging Dentist
Oct 1, 2005

oh my god is that a circular saw that does not go in my mouth aaaaagh

Haystack posted:

Cafe Patachou is solid for breakfast and lunch.

This looks like a solid pick for when we arrive since it's super close and also we'll be feeling bad since we're doing a red-eye flight (I am not happy about this part). Ethiopian sounds good (I used to live down the street from an Ethiopian place), but a 30 minute walk might be pushing it. I could use that time to do a thing! I guess I could grab a cab or whatever though.

ritorix
Jul 22, 2007

Vancian Roulette
Got right into the ram, checking it off the list before crowds show up.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Have fun guys - first year in the last 5 I'll be missing. I'll miss your dumb faces.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Kaddish posted:

Have fun guys - first year in the last 5 I'll be missing. I'll miss your dumb faces.

Not cool babe

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Dr. Quarex posted:

Ethiopian food is so goddamn good that I might consider joining a caravan if it happened at JUST THE RIGHT TIME (though I would drive, come on now, I can even walk under my own power but 30 minutes is far)

There's actually several choices for Ethiopian food in town but Axum is the only one I've tried. I think the others are fancier/pricier, so, depending on what you're looking for.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I feel like someone posted it once before; how late is the parking at Lucas oil? I'm parked there now but didn't think to look for hours before I left.

ritorix
Jul 22, 2007

Vancian Roulette
Mmm Nicky Blaine's is nice. Five gencons and first time I've been in here.

Lawen
Aug 7, 2000

Kaddish posted:

Nooooo.

You're a cool dude.

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!
I too will be missing this GenCon. Happy to see Shot Wednesday still occurring!

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

B A B E L

Clanpot Shake
Aug 10, 2006
shake shake!

I am a collosal moron on left badge and tickets at home. Are they able to reprint them at will call or do I need to buy another flight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amcoti
Apr 7, 2004

Sing for the flames that will rip through here
They threw away the shot tower.