Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Sataere posted:

All those articles are feeding into the fact that nothing is being announced. We've been told he isn't being suspended. I think it's more likely those articles are click bait, unless you have something with reputable sources?

People seem to be jumping on nobody knowing anything right now. All I know is that I love the dip in his ADP at the moment.

It's training camp. Everyone is scrambling for information and nobody knows what to say. If there was an official NFL stance or policy it would be everywhere and nobody would be in a position to speculate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

My issue is with the places that deliberately word things to mislead their readers into thinking they have information or insight that they don't have.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Sataere posted:

My issue is with the places that deliberately word things to mislead their readers into thinking they have information or insight that they don't have.

So basically all of them?

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Yup.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Alfalfa posted:

RCarr why so bitter or negative about Josh Gordon? He ruin your championship hopes in 2013 or something?

I don’t think I’m being bitter? I wish the guy nothing but the best and I’d love to see him get his life on track and dominate the league for years to come. It’s just hard for me to put faith in a guy who’s hosed up multiple times, when he suddenly says he’s skipping training camp without warning. I’d think being at training camp with your whole team would tempt you to use drugs less than being off in isolation by yourself. We will see how it plays out and I hope I’m wrong, but I can’t say I can draft him with any confidence.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Suddenly not being ready for something is actually completely in line with being in recovery and coping with lifelong mental issues, and he is not by himself at all.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

RCarr posted:

I don’t think I’m being bitter? I wish the guy nothing but the best and I’d love to see him get his life on track and dominate the league for years to come. It’s just hard for me to put faith in a guy who’s hosed up multiple times, when he suddenly says he’s skipping training camp without warning. I’d think being at training camp with your whole team would tempt you to use drugs less than being off in isolation by yourself. We will see how it plays out and I hope I’m wrong, but I can’t say I can draft him with any confidence.

I have some experience with people in recovery. It's a terrifying experience that exposes you to realities you avoided for years or even decades. Training camp is stressful. You're essentially going through a six week competitive job interview while also getting a graduate level education in football. It's physically, mentally, and emotionally taxing and that kind of environment is exactly what can trigger someone into using drugs. Gordon has been self medicating practically his entire life. Weed and booze were a game ritual. He might not be able to remember a time when he didn't play high.

Meanwhile you have Hard Knocks shoving cameras everywhere, every jackass with a blog coming up with theories, and idiots like us debating his fantasy value. Immersing himself in a supportive environment is exactly how you avoid a relapse.

I want Gordon to succeed. I think he will. I think he has the potential to be a major redemption story, and if so that means not only is he back, but he could be playing at a level beyond where he was before. Remember, he played high. All the time. Imagine the ceiling if he's playing clean.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Let's check in on Year 26 of The Vance McDonald Hype Train

https://twitter.com/MarkKaboly/status/1023688649349754880

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!

Benne posted:

Let's check in on Year 26 of The Vance McDonald Hype Train

https://twitter.com/MarkKaboly/status/1023688649349754880
What a burn on the #24 TE according to FantasyPros.

Actual take: if he's done for the year, this will put even more emphasis on 3WR sets. Doesn't change much for AB or Juju since they are already beloved, but makes things interesting for James Washington. This ought to put him in the "Definitely Should Not Go Undrafted" tier of sleepers.

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Training camp ran "from 8 - 4 today" says head coach.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

89 posted:

The calm before the storm.

The first week of August.

Oh, I love $25,000 pyramid...

Things that the Chargers have never said?

Things Landry Jones sadly whispers to himself at night?

Things Dez Bryant’s agent says?

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

RCarr posted:

I totally understand where you are coming from, but we don't know that this came out of nowhere. Just because we heard about it when training camp started doesn't mean the team did too.

I mean, if they decided right when it was announced that they were getting Hard Knocks, this is one of those situations where I think it makes sense to not announce it until training camp. All saying something early does is expose Gordon to the questions he'll get earlier than he needs to. Waiting until training camp leaves him some peace, with the added benefit of having multiple other football stories for the media to be distracted by.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

That's a good point. I hope that's all it is, and I hope he gets his mind right and and balls out for the next 10 years.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
https://twitter.com/GehlkenNFL/status/1024094771759833088

Wild stuff, man. Fading all Raiders... I call them the Faders. Just crazy wild stuff.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Spoeank posted:

Added some of plays, scheme originate there.

Is, uh... is Michael Gehlken okay? Did studying the Raiders give him a stroke? You get used to that after 5-10 years.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I wonder how many times per game the Raiders are gonna roll with spider 2 y banana.

loving john gruden. God.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Every day I awake and remember that Jon Gruden got a 10 year 100 million contract and I smile.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
https://twitter.com/evansilva/status/1024269992492183553

225. Thats a big fuckin man

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

Too bad it can’t help him catch...

Unless some of it was fat injected directly into his hands to soften up those bricks.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

GoonTier?????????????

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

3 DONG HORSE posted:

GoonTier?????????????

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

:siren: SAQUON PASSSED AB84 ON STANDARD SCORING FF CALCULATOR ADP :siren:

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
So someone offered me a spot in a keeper league. No penalty for the keeper, can only keep one. Available teams: 1. Team with Zeke 2. Team with LeVeon or 3. Team with AB. I'm torn on which team to take. It's standard scoring with no yardage bonuses.

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

pubic works project posted:

So someone offered me a spot in a keeper league. No penalty for the keeper, can only keep one. Available teams: 1. Team with Zeke 2. Team with LeVeon or 3. Team with AB. I'm torn on which team to take. It's standard scoring with no yardage bonuses.

Don't keep any and see if you're good at fantasy football.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

pubic works project posted:

Can keep forever? Zeke. Can't keep forever? Still probably Zeke.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!
https://twitter.com/ChrisRaybon/status/1024399014903590913

Seahawks spent a first round pick on a backup RB. Oh Seahawks :rolleyes:

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.

3 DONG HORSE posted:

GoonTier?????????????

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice
In a keeper league: 1- Quarterback,2- Running Backs,2 - Wide Receivers,1 – TE,1- Kicker,1- Special Teams/Defense,1 – Optional (flex) player, which can include RB, WR, or TE.

1PPR and If Running back runs/catches for 100+ yards 3 extra points (not combined – separate totals) ..If Receiver catches/rushes for over 100+ yards 3 extra points.

I can keep 1 person from rounds 2-6 or keep 2 from 7+ round. I am thinking of taking cook or maybe thielen and Doyle?

2.D. Cook
3.A. Robinson
4.T. Coleman
5.K. Rudolph
6.T. Hill
7.T. West
8.A. Thielen
J. Doyle
A. Dalton
K. Britt
S. Gostkowski
S. Perine
Carolina
JJ Nelson
D. Foreman
A. Stewart

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

Thielen plus foreman? If you think he'll win the job.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Tiptoes posted:

https://twitter.com/ChrisRaybon/status/1024399014903590913

Seahawks spent a first round pick on a backup RB. Oh Seahawks :rolleyes:

I traded Chris Carson in my dynasty league because you all told me he was worthless. God help you if he is the starter.

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

Zauper posted:

Thielen plus foreman? If you think he'll win the job.

I don't even know if Foreman will play this year.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

RCarr posted:

I traded Chris Carson in my dynasty league because you all told me he was worthless. God help you if he is the starter.

I traded peyton barber to get Chris Carson :smug:

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

fyallm posted:

In a keeper league: 1- Quarterback,2- Running Backs,2 - Wide Receivers,1 – TE,1- Kicker,1- Special Teams/Defense,1 – Optional (flex) player, which can include RB, WR, or TE.

1PPR and If Running back runs/catches for 100+ yards 3 extra points (not combined – separate totals) ..If Receiver catches/rushes for over 100+ yards 3 extra points.

I can keep 1 person from rounds 2-6 or keep 2 from 7+ round. I am thinking of taking cook or maybe thielen and Doyle?

2.D. Cook
3.A. Robinson
4.T. Coleman
5.K. Rudolph
6.T. Hill
7.T. West
8.A. Thielen
J. Doyle
A. Dalton
K. Britt
S. Gostkowski
S. Perine
Carolina
JJ Nelson
D. Foreman
A. Stewart

Thielin would be a good pick if there was someone else who might go in the first eight rounds on your roster you could keep with him. There isn't. Keep Cook.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
It just came to me. The best team name. Recent. Pop culture-y. A huge number of team logo options. The only downside is having to draft Amari Cooper. But I'd think captaining This is Amari Co. to the finals would be worth it.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
BS or not BS: My wife was asked to join a league. Said league was a 10 team league with one keeper at the cost of your first round pick. Now it's been expanded to a 12 team league. Over half of the league is new so 6-7 new teams. I say that since over half the league is new, you should start over fresh, randomize the draft order and no one has keepers to be fair. The ones who had the keepers disagree.

Is it BS or not BS to keep the keepers?

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007
Absolutely BS to keep the keepers. I don't see how you could possible rationalize not starting over fresh in that scenario.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Silly Burrito posted:

BS or not BS: My wife was asked to join a league. Said league was a 10 team league with one keeper at the cost of your first round pick. Now it's been expanded to a 12 team league. Over half of the league is new so 6-7 new teams. I say that since over half the league is new, you should start over fresh, randomize the draft order and no one has keepers to be fair. The ones who had the keepers disagree.

It's absolute BS since it could potentially result in someone in the 12th drafting spot getting Todd Gurley as their first overall pick. The only way I would consider it fair is if keepers were declared ahead of time and draft order sorted by the ADP of those keepers.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

I can't wait to get trash qb picks in my 2 qb league drafting 14th

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Silly Burrito posted:

Complete garbage to keep the keepers. It's basically a new league at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

Silly Burrito posted:

Hi, the wife here. I'm really kind of pissed about this league and I may not stay in if the commissioner doesn't give me a satisfactory answer to this draft order. Which would be a shame, because it's an all-women league and it would be fun. But the commissioner did a little talking down to me and tried to explain to me how fantasy football works. Taking all of my control not to let her know that I'm a loving 20 team league champion, bitch. You don't even know who you're talking to.

Update: I left the league. Random ordered snake draft, with the order determined an hour before the draft. HOW ABOUT NO.

Braksgirl fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Aug 3, 2018