Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

thetoughestbean posted:

I'm really apprehensive about Undertale coming to the Switch because I legitimately dislike Undertale and I do not care to hear people talking about en masse once again

How horrid...people talking about a game you don't like. I don't know how you survive the trauma...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
Just wait til smash comes out, everyone and their mother is going to spell out in loving detail who should have been in it and how their moveset would totes work, fully calibrated for the META of course

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

thetoughestbean posted:

I'm really apprehensive about Undertale coming to the Switch because I legitimately dislike Undertale and I do not care to hear people talking about en masse once again

This is dumb and if you don’t want to hear about it maybe just unplug for a bit?

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

jivjov posted:

How horrid...people talking about a game you don't like. I don't know how you survive the trauma...

I get that it's not the worst thing in the world, but people endlessly gushing about a thing that you do not enjoy is actually quite alienating

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

thetoughestbean posted:

I get that it's not the worst thing in the world, but people endlessly gushing about a thing that you do not enjoy is actually quite alienating

I’m sorry positivity about something not harmful frustrates you so you strange, sad person

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
Dude you literally just started posting in this thread like last month, don't be lovely

You'll find that not everything everyone does is catered to your delicate sensibilities

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

thetoughestbean posted:

So gush about the things you like instead of whining about what other people like?

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Personally, I like things.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Your Computer posted:

Personally, I like things.

I hate things

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I’m pro skub

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

thetoughestbean posted:

extremely bad username + post combo

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I’m pro skub

This an anti-skub thread.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

thetoughestbean posted:

I mean it can get annoying if it goes on and on but the thread is gonna talk about games some people dislike there is no way to avoid that.

The thread can’t cater to one poster.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Frankly we have too many games that are reflections of depression and anxiety (Celeste, undertale, poro poro tetris). When are we going to diversify and have games on other issues like sex addiction on the Switch?

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
i enjoy botw chat

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Looper posted:

i enjoy botw chat

I find it kind of annoying but I sure as hell ain’t alienated by it.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

XyrlocShammypants posted:

Frankly we have too many games that are reflections of depression and anxiety (Celeste, undertale, poro poro tetris). When are we going to diversify and have games on other issues like sex addiction on the Switch?

hey we got that phone sex game, we're on the right track!

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I got undertale on steam and I couldn't figure out how not to kill the cow so I killed the cow. Apparently you aren't supposed to do that, I didn't really play past that

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Fire Emblem doesn’t come out until 2019

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

When are we going to diversify and have games on other issues like sex addiction on the Switch?

http://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Nintendo-Switch-download-software/Pure-Electric-Love-Everyone-else-Ema-Sakura--1404047.html

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I dread the day smash comes out because i have no interest in that game and this thread is going to go ham on it for like 5 months straight.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

jivjov posted:

So gush about the things you like instead of whining about what other people like?

You know what? why not.

Seriously, the Banner Saga is a delight. I find the combat really satisfying, but the really good part of it is the narrative. It's a brilliant world, with decisions feeling like they have genuine weight to them in a way that Telltale games try to have but mostly fail at. Seriously, I had something tremendous happen in the third game because of what seemed like a minor decision I made at the first. I would heavily recommend that people try this series out, especially with each game being around ten hours, so you can get through the trilogy without a huge time investment like with most western RPGs

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

I dread the day smash comes out because i have no interest in that game and this thread is going to go ham on it for like 5 months straight.

I wish I was interested in smash but I don’t really have the chance to play with friends on the couch anymore so I’m not

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

thetoughestbean posted:

You know what? why not.

Seriously, the Banner Saga is a delight. I find the combat really satisfying, but the really good part of it is the narrative. It's a brilliant world, with decisions feeling like they have genuine weight to them in a way that Telltale games try to have but mostly fail at. Seriously, I had something tremendous happen in the third game because of what seemed like a minor decision I made at the first. I would heavily recommend that people try this series out, especially with each game being around ten hours, so you can get through the trilogy without a huge time investment like with most western RPGs

I keep seeing Banner Saga pop up on steam and now Switch; this post actually makes me want to check the games out!

How do they hold up on replay? I know if you go back through, say, Telltale's Walking Dead the artifice of how choices affect the story kinda crumbles, is Banner Saga better at actually having different outcomes?

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

CharlestheHammer posted:

The thread can’t cater to one poster.

I wasn't asking it to. I'm sorry if it came across that way, I wasn't trying to say that everybody needed to avoid talking about it.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Smash is big enough it will have its own thread where most of the discussion will go for the first half year

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

A.I. Borgland Corp posted:

Smash is big enough it will have its own thread where most of the discussion will go for the first half year

In fact, it has one already

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3859844&perpage=40

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

dog nougat posted:

^^^
It's hyperbole. But there are a lot of really trash games on steam. There's a lot of really trash games on every system tbh though.

Unlike Steam, most trash games on the Switch don't include hidden malware and bitcoin miners and include an actual (bad) game instead.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Mom Hid My Vibrator

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I just wish combat in Banner Saga didnt work the way it does because it so deeply turns me off of the gameplay I cant get into what otherwise looks super awesome and fun.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord
I wish it wasn't mandatory to always read every post in this thread, maybe someday we'll have the technology to scroll past discussion of games we don't like :sigh:

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

jivjov posted:

I keep seeing Banner Saga pop up on steam and now Switch; this post actually makes me want to check the games out!

How do they hold up on replay? I know if you go back through, say, Telltale's Walking Dead the artifice of how choices affect the story kinda crumbles, is Banner Saga better at actually having different outcomes?

Well, the games do still follow a general narrative course (you're leading a caravan fleeing an invading army of stone men called 'dredge') but I've found them to replay pretty well! For one thing, the games aren't afraid of having your characters die from you making bad decisions, so you can try to save them on different play-throughs. Also, and I'm trying to not to spoil anything, but I'll use spoiler tags regardless: there's a decision you make at the end of the first game that changes the protagonist of you have in the second and third

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

I got undertale on steam and I couldn't figure out how not to kill the cow so I killed the cow. Apparently you aren't supposed to do that, I didn't really play past that

did you try not killing the cow

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

thetoughestbean posted:

You know what? why not.

hell yeah

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

I sell only quality merkins. What is a merkin you ask? Why, it's a wig for your genitals!

So does Hollow Knight, and maybe Undertale?
The situation is when a game comes to Switch far after it came to other platforms, people talk about it in the Switch thread rather than the games' thread because it's "old" at that point there.

Smash is big enough, and more importantly, is not a port of something that came out for PC/PS4/etc a year or so prior.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

Real hurthling! posted:

its like 8 hours of mario galaxy style courses with gun gimmicks instead of mario stuff. The dlc probably adds more meat

lelandjs posted:

That’s, like, the whole point of the franchise, the clothes fall off or get torn until they’re in tiny bikinis or underwear no matter what the game’s genre is. Goes without saying, really.

There’s apparently no actual nudity though because that would be perverted.

The single player mode is pretty good but the meat of the game is the multiplayer. I wasn’t sure I’d be sold on the MP either but it’s really good, Turf War is the territory control mode that most people ignored in TF2 but done right, and then once you unlock ranked you get CTF, payload, and KotH modes, most of which are better than the same modes in other games (though there’s at least one map in all the modes that I loathe and don’t play ranked when they’re in rotation). There’s also a MP zombies/hoarde mode but playing with randos doesn’t always work great.

No deathmatch at all in Splatoon, but that’s not an issue imho.

hmmmmm, I'm up to my neck in games now. I'll hold off for now. Not because I expect a sale, since it's a Nintendo first party games, but just 'acause. It looks so cool, but I just know I'm never gonna play mp.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
I really hate it when the nintendo switch thread talks about games

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Thread can you cater to my unbiased nature and gush about undertale and how good it is I'll feel alienated if you don't

E: I am asking I have the spine to.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Thread can you cater to my unbiased nature and gush about undertale and how good it is I'll feel alienated if you don't

Undertale is ok

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Anime is real

• Locked thread