Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

fool_of_sound posted:

The stats aren't particularly available or clear, but it appears that for every unarmed black person murdered by police, there are around 8 who are killed while armed, and therefore deemed good shoots. Being armed as a minority is a huge liability.

Someone living in a poor area with high crime is in more danger of generally living there than they are of cops shooting them because they have a gun. I'm a strong advocate of firearms being available to the poor because they're often the ones in the greatest need of self-defense and the least able to rely on police to keep them safe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

chitoryu12 posted:

Someone living in a poor area with high crime is in more danger of generally living there than they are of cops shooting them because they have a gun. I'm a strong advocate of firearms being available to the poor because they're often the ones in the greatest need of self-defense and the least able to rely on police to keep them safe.

You're a strong advocate for firearms being available to the poor because you like your toys and prefer to pretend you're being woke about it. The myth of self defense has been extensively proven: owning a gun makes you dramatically less safe, both from self-harm and harm by others due to escalation. This goes double for unreliable pieces of poo poo like zip guns.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

fool_of_sound posted:

You're a strong advocate for firearms being available to the poor because you like your toys and prefer to pretend you're being woke about it. The myth of self defense has been extensively proven: owning a gun makes you dramatically less safe, both from self-harm and harm by others due to escalation. This goes double for unreliable pieces of poo poo like zip guns.

I didn't grow up rich, buddy. I still live in a neighborhood where I've been subjected to car theft and attempted break-ins. Sorry you just expect the cops to protect you if you're in danger.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

fool_of_sound posted:

as opposed to gun control,which has never been used to disarmed minorities

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Growing up in this neighborhood I've had:

* My grandparent's car stolen out of the driveway shortly after their death.

* One or two attempted break-ins where the person was scared and ran out of our yard after getting spotted.

* When I was a kid, a pedophile being caught naked and masturbating in my backyard.

* A renter at the house across the street physically attacking his girlfriend and their infant daughter in the driveway during an argument.

Any of those situations could have ended up a lot worse. In the last one I actually did come out with a rifle that cost me $137 because I could hear the baby screaming and realized what was going on. It was an extremely unpleasant situation that left me shaking from adrenaline and fear for the rest of the night after he fled.

So yeah, I'm a strong advocate of people passing background checks and being allowed to arm themselves without a ton of hoops and added cost. I've actually been in the kinds of situations where someone being unarmed could have ended a lot worse if things didn't go differently. And I'm sure as hell not calling the cops as a first resort when they're so trigger-happy.

Support legal firearm ownership. Arm poor minorities. gently caress the police.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
wait are we having someone unironically using the argument that guns protect people.

am I in gun forum.

Jesus Christ.

they um don’t.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

CharlestheHammer posted:

wait are we having someone unironically using the argument that guns protect people.

Jesus Christ.

they um don’t.

I have literally used a gun to protect someone.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

chitoryu12 posted:

I have literally used a gun to protect someone.

sure ya did.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
e: Nevermind I'm not going to hijack this thread re-litigating well-established facts.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Also the study claiming that guns greatly increase the chance of death or injury by your own guns was a heavily biased study that should be thrown out (it used statistics for young black males in a poor area and only questioned if a gun was present in the home at any time before a person was killed there and then applied the statistics to the entire country).

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 23 days!)

shut up gun chat

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

shut up gun chat

it’s kind of fun seeing right wing gun nuts arguments through a woke lens.

while still demonizing the poor.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

take it to the Huey P Newton gun club if y'all wanna argue nerd poo poo, only thing relevant to this thread is that if u disarm the cops u disarm most of the white supremacists be in the us

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Agean90 posted:

take it to the Huey P Newton gun club if y'all wanna argue nerd poo poo, only thing relevant to this thread is that if u disarm the cops u disarm most of the white supremacists be in the us

Agreed disarm the cops

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

fool_of_sound posted:

The stats aren't particularly available or clear, but it appears that for every unarmed black person murdered by police, there are around 8 who are killed while armed, and therefore deemed good shoots. Being armed as a minority is a huge liability.

Remember that those 'while armed' status include 'a gun was found nearby when searching after the shooting', and several departments have been outright caught with drop guns.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...d-a8189731.html

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

temple posted:

there is nothing sincere on /pol/. they are turning against qanon, which means they are decommissioning it. i think the fact that alt-right types are getting sued has killed any steam it had.

it's already out of their control lol

they're gonna need to flee to 16chan, this time because insane boomers took over their board

even if whatever channer is doing the Q bit like, literally comes out and says it's all a prank and takes pictures of all the props, it won't be enough because that kinda poo poo doesn't work with prodromal'd paranoid schizophrenics

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

chitoryu12 posted:

I didn't grow up rich, buddy. I still live in a neighborhood where I've been subjected to car theft and attempted break-ins.

If car theft and attempted break ins are your biggest concerns you aren't living in the ghetto either.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Just lmao that having a moderation-free anonymous board made it impossible for them to stop a takeover by lead-brained boomers.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
its okay. there are lots of channers that now pride themselves on having boomer mentalities in their 20s and 30s. it seems they've found a lot in common with them.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Just lmao that having a moderation-free anonymous board made it impossible for them to stop a takeover by lead-brained boomers.

This event is representative of modern politics in so many ways every time I try to wrap my head around it i just laugh madly

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Darkman Fanpage posted:

its okay. there are lots of channers that now pride themselves on having boomer mentalities in their 20s and 30s. it seems they've found a lot in common with them.

Instead of heavy metals in the atmosphere they're in the water supply.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Darkman Fanpage posted:

lol @ the millions of youtube videos of 25 year olds complaining about millennial entitlement please like and subscribe

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!
4chan's most popular musical artist gradually turning from Hatsune Miku to Grand Funk Railroad.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Al! posted:

lol @ the millions of youtube videos of 25 year olds complaining about millennial entitlement please like and subscribe

ffffuuuuuuccccckkkkk

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
Didn't Q get caught posting stock photos of airforce one or something? These people don't care about reality.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

q's tripcode isn't secure so anyone can post as q lol

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/nathanTbernard/status/1024701010240069632

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

General Erran Morad is on the case

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Lawman 0 posted:

What do you name your guns OP

Boo, Ivan, Grandma, and Friendly

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

If I ever get a gun I will name it Praxis

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy
I'm looking at getting a .22 and naming it Sherman.

Fantastic Flyer
Aug 9, 2017

"Pretending"

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
When I was at Field Medical Service School for the Navy learning how to keep Marines alive, they gave us rubber model M-16s to carry around wherever we went, we had to name them, all that jazz.

I named mine "Pax Americana" and got yelled at a bit.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
Getting two .45s and calling them "Compassion" and "Rational Arguments"

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
"Thoughts" and "Prayers"

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Mike's face looks weird without clown make up

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Crowsbeak posted:

I'm looking at getting a .22 and naming it Sherman.

that's reserved for flamethrowers imo

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

what the gently caress

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Taintrunner posted:

General Erran Morad is on the case

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Darkman Fanpage posted:

inner resentment expressed as reactionary outrage?