Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Gatts posted:

Gee I dunno. I also want to one day suck cocaine out of a beautiful woman’s rear end in a top hat. Tell me how I can join you in the sun?

Sounds like you should invest in cocaine and cut out the middleman

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Just checked my MoviePass app and every theater in my area that used to work with it now says "There are no more screenings at this..." and no movies are listed lol

I gotta cancel before I get charged before the next month...IF I CAN!

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Renoistic posted:

As far as I know, yeah

The next one would have had Bruce Campbell as Lobster Johnson

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Just checked my MoviePass app and every theater in my area that used to work with it now says "There are no more screenings at this..." and no movies are listed lol

Even if it did work they've already said that you can't use Moviepass to watch Christopher Robin or The Meg when they come out.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Apparently playing a super racist made Topher Grace depressed and so in his spare time he edited The Hobbit trilogy into a two hour cut. It hasn't leaked anywhere yet but I'm sure if you give it time it will eventually show up somewhere.

Also Movie Pass further announced that they're jacking up prices and that anything that opens on more than 1,000 screens will not be available until two weeks into its run.

Almost Blue
Apr 18, 2018
Did his edit of the Star Wars prequels ever go anywhere? I remember hearing he screened it for his friends a number of years, but not anything since then.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

muscles like this! posted:

Apparently playing a super racist made Topher Grace depressed and so in his spare time he edited The Hobbit trilogy into a two hour cut.

This sentence is like an amazing bit of mad libs.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
It really annoys me that Topher doesn’t put his edits on Fanedit.org

Or maybe he has?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

He's playing David Duke in Spike Lee's new movie, BlackKkKlansman, which means he has to say a bunch of horrible things and act upbeat about it.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

My record is 14 movies in a month.

Hm I’ll have to check but at one point this winter I was going to almost every movie that showed at the local art house or whatever, which is usually 4 a week, plus new stuff occasionally. I bet that’s about the most I did too

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

DeimosRising posted:

Hm I’ll have to check but at one point this winter I was going to almost every movie that showed at the local art house or whatever, which is usually 4 a week, plus new stuff occasionally. I bet that’s about the most I did too

I'm off a bit, just counting that particular month it was only 10. Still in a 4 week period, not bad.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Apparently playing a super racist made Topher Grace depressed and so in his spare time he edited The Hobbit trilogy into a two hour cut. It hasn't leaked anywhere yet but I'm sure if you give it time it will eventually show up somewhere.

We need to find more awful roles for Topher Grace. One of you needs to become a successful director and cast Topher Grace as Hitler so he does more amazing things on the side for emotional balance.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Also Movie Pass further announced that they're jacking up prices and that anything that opens on more than 1,000 screens will not be available until two weeks into its run.

also probably depressing for him: his ex-girlfriend turning into a fascist enabler for her big fat dumb president dad

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

DC Murderverse posted:

also probably depressing for him: his ex-girlfriend turning into a fascist enabler for her big fat dumb president dad

Eh, they apparently only went on a couple dates, he’s probably more glad about the bullet he dodged than anything else.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

lelandjs posted:

Eh, they apparently only went on a couple dates, he’s probably more glad about the bullet he dodged than anything else.
:shepface: Waking up with donnie in bed with them talking about Prima Noctis.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

https://twitter.com/Terminator/status/1024640947940773888

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Don't read the responses in that thread if you don't want to get angry.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

That kind of reminds me of those Genisys publicity stills. That's not good.

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

GrandpaPants posted:

Don't breathe in underwater if you don't want to drown

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

GrandpaPants posted:

“Fans of franchise with iconic female character angry at new movie for featuring female characters”

:wtc:

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

GrandpaPants posted:

How many people think they genderswapped John?

Heh, Transimator.

21 Muns
Dec 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

lelandjs posted:

How many people think they genderswapped John?

Heh, Transimator.

Honestly this would be pretty interesting if they did it? I don't know why it's so routinely mocked as a bad idea for the franchise.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

21 Muns posted:

Honestly this would be pretty interesting if they did it? I don't know why it's so routinely mocked as a bad idea for the franchise.

I’m trying to think of time travels movies that had used your child changing genders as a plot point or mechanic and all I can think of is (slight spoiler for the movie itself) About Time. I thought it was a great moment on that film and really added depth to the idea of time traveling and how far back you choose to go.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I’m trying to think of time travels movies that had used your child changing genders as a plot point or mechanic and all I can think of is (slight spoiler for the movie itself) About Time. I thought it was a great moment on that film and really added depth to the idea of time traveling and how far back you choose to go.

Steins;Gate had that as a side-plot.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Bioshock Infinite had two characters that were the same person but different genders from different timelines.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

To go back to the two Joker movies, they should give both movies the same name, give half of theaters one and half the other, then have both films end on the same scene. The next movie with Joker in it doesn't address which it's going off of.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

The cast doesn't bother me. The photo looking like garbage does.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Bad photo but Mackenzie Davis is loving jacked. She looks badass.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Codependent Poster posted:

Bad photo but Mackenzie Davis is loving jacked. She looks badass.
The haircut kind of looks like they went for "tomboyish" but got Dylann Roof instead.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Been trying for 2 days now! No more phone line, and the app doesn't seem to be actually allowing you to cancel.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Casimir Radon posted:

The haircut kind of looks like they went for "tomboyish" but got Dylann Roof instead.

My initial reaction was thinking someone used a face swap app on the photo.

There’s just kind of a jarring skin tone shift on the face vs. neck.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

RBA Starblade posted:

To go back to the two Joker movies, they should give both movies the same name, give half of theaters one and half the other, then have both films end on the same scene. The next movie with Joker in it doesn't address which it's going off of.

This would be great.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I would have rather had just pissed off old Linda Hamilton.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Shageletic posted:

Been trying for 2 days now! No more phone line, and the app doesn't seem to be actually allowing you to cancel.
Surprisingly, I was able to cancel through the app on Monday night on my first try. It's a good thing, too, because had I waited much later, I might not have been able to.

I checked my history in the app before I canceled, and since the first time I signed up in June of 2015 (I canceled early last year when there weren't many movies to see before resubscribing in August or September or whenever it dropped from $30/month to $10/month), I saw 150+ movies with it. That's not even including all the double features I saw with it, and I saw double features pretty drat often with it, so it's probably more like 200 something :v:

If I end up signing up for another service, it'll probably be AMC's A-List thing, considering most of the movies I see are at AMC theaters. I'm not ready to do that yet, though. Just gonna see matinees without a monthly service for now.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
It’s James Cameron so he gets the benefit of the doubt but that depends on his level of involvement since he’s not directing. I assume he’s writing?

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I've never really thought of Cameron as a screenwriter, but now I think about it, he's written pretty much all his own movies, hasn't he?

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Wheat Loaf posted:

I've never really thought of Cameron as a screenwriter, but now I think about it, he's written pretty much all his own movies, hasn't he?

Also Strange Days. Which was pretty loving good except that the ending requires far too much suspension of disbelief.

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

Gatts posted:

It’s James Cameron so he gets the benefit of the doubt but that depends on his level of involvement since he’s not directing. I assume he’s writing?

IMDB doesn't have him as writing. They've got half a dozen writers, including the director (Tim Miller), some people I'm not familiar with, a guy who wrote for the Terminator TV show, and David Goyer.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Cameron did the story then they did a writers room thing for the script.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Hm. Well...story is something but this is going to be good or bad depending on his level of involvement. It can be good but if he does it more himself then there’d be more confident it’d be greatness