Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

I don't get why it needs a 100 base special attack when it barely learns any special attacking moves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Last Celebration posted:

Infernape is Sun Wukong so he’s automatically good tho????

And Emboar is his buddy Zhu Bajie, and lowkey the best gen 5 starter. Everyone just shits on it because it's the third Fire/Fighter.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

machamp/machoke is a wrestlermon.

The Golden Gael
Nov 12, 2011

They're the MMA Pokemon, representing Judo and Karate, hence why they get Submission and Karate Chop

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

pro wrestling is an mma style in japan and the sapphire pokedex says machamp has mastered every martial art. the ruby pokedex says machoke can lift a sumo wrestler and the cross chop is hiroyoshi tenzan's mongolian chop. they were in the pokemon equivalent of the g1 climax. machamp feuded with hawlucha in the anime and was in a sumo competition. *bangs gavel* wrestlermon

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

my own two eyes tell me machsmp has conquered every martial art, and also my heart

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

Machamp has mastered the art that matters most in life: flexing to impress women

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

I love all the little events in USM and they almost make the lackluster alterations to SM's story worth it

Nothing forgives them excising Lillie from Exeggutor Island though

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

Machamp has mastered the art that matters most in life: flexing to impress women

😍

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
those Machamp are all female btw, it was a very progressive marketing campaign on TPC’s part

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Machamp carrying you in its arms was a feature that needed to be implemented on the first island - holding it off until the end of the game is a travesty

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

:abrathink:

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

moltres is so ugly

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

oh yes the amazing unique ideas of a dinosaur and a fire bird and a wolf and a big bug and a walrus and a cactus none of those have ever inspired a monster from a videogame

e: someone do a version with mario critters

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Digimon! Digital Monsters! Digimon are the Champions!

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

hard to disagree wit hthat frankly

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
Digimon are so hideous.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

get those abominatons off this page

limeicebreakers
May 1, 2017

Level Seven posted:

Guess who found a pile of Entei/Raikou codes at the store that are begging to be used up.

A8Z9E8DM9J769MTD

A8Z9E8CTJP2XCH3P

A8Z9E8888FJG45QC

A8Z9E87MQZ8LSD7D

A8Z9E86SR22RFA6Q

A8Z9E85LW28GHZ8Z

A8Z9E827L2U87R4M

Thanks, used the fourth code!

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Where's Angemon though

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
Prolly the Latios to Angewomon's Latias.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

A day later than I anticipated but I've thought of my gimmick.

:wooper: :siren: I have FIVE Tornadus / Thundurus codes to give away :siren: :wooper:
These guys are part of the genie trio, and so I'm making a wish.

I've had a hard time coming up with gimmicks for the monthly code giveaways lately. My "Trade with another goon" one flopped horribly.

So here's what I wish for: folks to come up with a gimmick for a future giveaway.

The goal should be for someone to spend 5-10 minutes for their submission. In the past I've had folks type up favorite memories, MSPaint a picture (hat tip to Poop Cupcake for my avatar), or write a haiku. I do gimmicks so that goons who put in a modicum of effort get rewarded, not just someone generally being lucky enough to refresh the thread at the right time.

The first five legitimate (as judged by me) submissions will get a code. I realize this is subjective and I try to never do subjective giveaways, but I'm only really going to judge poo poo like "post codes in the thread" and similar things as illegitimate, so feel free to come up with goofy poo poo.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Super No Vacancy posted:

get those abominatons off this page

Star Man posted:

Digimon are so hideous.

We need to stop horrible opinions like these from existing. :colbert:

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

WOw you're right pokemon sucks.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Nth Doctor posted:

A day later than I anticipated but I've thought of my gimmick.

:wooper: :siren: I have FIVE Tornadus / Thundurus codes to give away :siren: :wooper:
These guys are part of the genie trio, and so I'm making a wish.

I've had a hard time coming up with gimmicks for the monthly code giveaways lately. My "Trade with another goon" one flopped horribly.

So here's what I wish for: folks to come up with a gimmick for a future giveaway.

The goal should be for someone to spend 5-10 minutes for their submission. In the past I've had folks type up favorite memories, MSPaint a picture (hat tip to Poop Cupcake for my avatar), or write a haiku. I do gimmicks so that goons who put in a modicum of effort get rewarded, not just someone generally being lucky enough to refresh the thread at the right time.

The first five legitimate (as judged by me) submissions will get a code. I realize this is subjective and I try to never do subjective giveaways, but I'm only really going to judge poo poo like "post codes in the thread" and similar things as illegitimate, so feel free to come up with goofy poo poo.

Here’s a few ideas.

One code for everyone who designs their own pokemon. Could be a drawing, could be a written description of the pokemon’s appearance and behavior, could be a design featuring types, movepool, and stats. Could be more than one of those.

Riddle contest! Whoever comes up with a great pokemon riddle gets a code. Maybe it’s funny, or maybe it’s a real stumper.

Fashion show. A code for anyone who puts together a great outfit for their character in-game. Alternatively, the contest could be to put together the most aesthetically pleasing pokemon team.

If we get a choice, I’d like a tornadus.

Big Bad Beetleborg
Apr 8, 2007

Things may come to those who wait...but only the things left by those who hustle.

make and wear the best pokemon hat

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
I think it would be fun to draw a mega-form for your favorite pokemon that doesn't have one. Plenty of room for creativity and it's a topic of endless wish listing and meta-theory crafting. Show the mega-form, give a description of the stat changes, ability changes, and so on. Alternatively, new Z moves if that's your jam.

Abundant Atrophy
Nov 3, 2012
Detail a new villainous team. Their motivations and crimes they'd do to fulfill them. Can be done in a bite-sized sub-100 word blurb.

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user

Since when is there a walrus Pokemon?

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Astoundingly Ugly Baby posted:

Since when is there a walrus Pokemon?

Since 2002.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

It's super effective!

Ariong posted:

Here’s a few ideas.

These are good.

That's 1. Sent.

Big Bad Beetleborg posted:

make and wear the best pokemon hat

I dig. That's 2. Sent.

Dr. Red Ranger posted:

I think it would be fun to draw a mega-form for your favorite pokemon that doesn't have one. Plenty of room for creativity and it's a topic of endless wish listing and meta-theory crafting. Show the mega-form, give a description of the stat changes, ability changes, and so on. Alternatively, new Z moves if that's your jam.
MSPainting up new megas like we're back on the elementary school playground is a pretty dope idea, fellow internet doctor. Where should I send your code?
That's 3. Not yet sent.

Abundant Atrophy posted:

Detail a new villainous team. Their motivations and crimes they'd do to fulfill them. Can be done in a bite-sized sub-100 word blurb.

But what team would be better than Team Skull? (I'll let goons try someday).
That's 4. Sent.

One code left!

limeicebreakers
May 1, 2017

Show the best picture of your Pokemon taken at the Alolan Photo Booth. If there aren't any stickers on it you're disqualified for being boring. :colbert:

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

It's super effective!

limeicebreakers posted:

Show the best picture of your Pokemon taken at the Alolan Photo Booth. If there aren't any stickers on it you're disqualified for being boring. :colbert:

That's number 5 4!

One of the previous goons is in PAL and code-ineligible due to my Uncle at Nintendo making Europe's pokemon games different. That means I have 1 code to reissue and it COULD BE YOURRRRRRRRRRRRSSSSSS

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
I don't have plat but I do have an email, I guess. You can send it to ppbbbbbbbt

Dr. Red Ranger fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Aug 2, 2018

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

It's super effective!

Dr. Red Ranger posted:

I don't have plat but I do have an email, I guess. You can send it to -snip-

Sent, you can remove your e-mail address now if you'd like.

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

Level Seven posted:

Guess who found a pile of Entei/Raikou codes at the store that are begging to be used up.

A8Z9E8DM9J769MTD

A8Z9E8CTJP2XCH3P

A8Z9E8888FJG45QC

A8Z9E87MQZ8LSD7D

A8Z9E86SR22RFA6Q

A8Z9E85LW28GHZ8Z

A8Z9E827L2U87R4M

Grabbed the first code - thanks!

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

sharrrk posted:

Digimon! Digital Monsters! Digimon are the Champions!

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

The Heracross one is reaching. TBH the Lycanroc one is a bit too, oh gosh they both have one where the core idea is basically "a wolf".

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Hammerite posted:

The Heracross one is reaching.

How so? They're respectively the Digimon version and the Pokémon version of exactly the same animal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

less laughter posted:

How so? They're respectively the Digimon version and the Pokémon version of exactly the same animal.

In which case, I don't see that there's anything remarkable about the similarity, such as it is. Much like the comment I made about the Lycanroc one.