Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Just like old times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bold Kobold
Aug 11, 2014

Bold to the point of certain death.
Nice to see us doing good. Hopefully we can get on top of this war.

Speaking of, am I a general in this conflict?

puppets freak me out
Dec 18, 2015

Nothing like a good war against perfidious Morocco and traitorous France, it's like a national pastime for us.

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Cure for cancer discovered!
Court physicians hate him!

MaxieSatan posted:

That reminds me, are we officially allied with Benin? Helping them deal with reactionaries (assuming allies fight revolters in Vicky) and subjugate West Africa would be mutually beneficial, and obviously once that's done they can be a tremendous help in Morocco.

Yep, we are. Their army is already way bigger than ours though, so they should be able to handle revolts just fine.

The Bold Kobold posted:

Nice to see us doing good. Hopefully we can get on top of this war.

Speaking of, am I a general in this conflict?

Yeah, you're somewhere in there, pretty sure you rolled terrible stats this time around though.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
Let me throw my hat in the ring to be some kind of General or Admiral, as I imagine it's only a matter of time before we form new armies colonial or otherwise.

I always believed in this dumb country.

MaxieSatan
Oct 19, 2017

critical support for anarchists

Hashim posted:

Yep, we are. Their army is already way bigger than ours though, so they should be able to handle revolts just fine.

Great, that means we can stick to helping each other destroy our external enemies!

And I'll happily continue sitting comfortably in Qadis and occasionally hollering about boats and The Strait.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
Gotta hand it to Benin.

Also Imperialist-Moderate coalition 4 lyfe

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Benin coming from the depths to become a potential great power is the greatest thing. Especially at Morocco's expense. :allears:

Seems like we picked a pretty good time to go full Boats, we might(?) have a chance of denting Morocco this time around if we can at least achieve coastal superiority.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

ZearothK posted:

As a secondary participant it is also unlikely that we'll get any war goals on us unless France makes serious gains on our territories. This one will be harsh on our manpower even if we entrench in the mountains, but Andalusi territories should be safe.

Morocco is bound to have a revolution one of these days, India can only supply so much manpower. Counting the Benin war, how many have they lost in Vicky 2 already?

Also.

Even though we don't stand to lose much in this war beyond manpower, it's still vitally important for the future of the country. A friendly united Germany is about the only thing that can hold the DM in check, and that will be of paramount importance to our security as long as the DM isn't our ally. If the SGU loses this war, then we're looking at a Hanover-dominated Rhineless Germany that's both weaker and less amenable to an alliance with us.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice
We need to send at least a secondary force to France to raze Paris to the ground at least. Focus on Morocco though.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

surely we can nick the remaining catalan territories this time around?

hm, have the french any african colonies we can grab

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Is Morocco's military tech just really poo poo?

Also, could I get a look at my (Tariq al-Dhiib's) stats if he's still alive?

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
If you need bodies for the grinder, Muhammad al-Hatsi would like to become a general or admiral.

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.
boy we bout to do it

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

I volunteer to command boats! Captaining 19th century wooden ships is pretty much the same as Aurora spaceships right?

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

I do think these so called "ironclads" are merely a bit of bluster. Distinguished fellow Majis, iron sinks! How can one build a boat of a material that sinks! Better to rely on good old dependable wooden boats that have served us well for hundreds of years in my opinion.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy
Hey, amybe you could for the war let brigades and ships be named for various users?

MaxieSatan
Oct 19, 2017

Zikan posted:

I do think these so called "ironclads" are merely a bit of bluster. Distinguished fellow Majis, iron sinks! How can one build a boat of a material that sinks! Better to rely on good old dependable wooden boats that have served us well for hundreds of years in my opinion.

Ah, but if we put some iron on top of a lot of wood then it'll only sink a little bit and it'll float a lot. It's science.

unwantedplatypus
Sep 6, 2012
Ah, and of course thanks to my BRILLIANT strategy the heathens of Kongo and Kilwa (at least I assume they're heathens, why else would we be relinquishing them of their territory) have been bested and humbled. In my delegated powers I promise the material shipments will be on time, the word of allah will be spread, and the locals will experience none but our finest andalusian tolerance and generosity.

Vinny Possum
Sep 21, 2015

THUNDERDOME LOSER
I'm loving loving Meiji Benin.

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
I spent some time with nomad rebels deep in Moroccan territory, and let me tell you, according them we aren't even supposed to be touching iron.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Finally! It's time to finally show the dual monarchy but they get for abandoning us for perfidious Morocco. Seize the peninsula, sack the Forbidden City for a second time, free the slaves, and let Paris burn.

And, in conclusion, gently caress Morocco.

puppets freak me out
Dec 18, 2015

I guess the first concern is stunting on Morocco so hard they fall apart.

Second order of business is letting SGU tangle with France on the front. We hit France from the back.

We high five the SGU and create the Eiffel Tower 19 years early.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
Sign me up as a general if one becomes open. Call me Abu Muqawama.

I'm all for retaking what remains of Qattalunya, since it will prevent France from sneaking through there instead of getting held at the Pyrenees... but we're not going to be able to go on much of an offensive unless Frangleterre screws up or the Celts decide they want England back.

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

habeasdorkus posted:

Sign me up as a general if one becomes open. Call me Abu Muqawama.

I'm all for retaking what remains of Qattalunya, since it will prevent France from sneaking through there instead of getting held at the Pyrenees... but we're not going to be able to go on much of an offensive unless Frangleterre screws up or the Celts decide they want England back.

Didn't selling out the Moroccans for the Celts start this whole stupid rivalry... then the Celts went on to suck poo poo pretty much from the moment we teamed up?

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Friends are what make testing worth it.
We are probably not going to get anything out of this war. The AI almost never uses more than one or two war goals and the SGU will need all of them for their own objectives. Still, if we can make this alliance stick, we can be less worried about France. This is all assuming we win of course.

Boo for the colonies though. Wasting our resources on useless tracks of land far away from home, trampling on the rights to self determination of the africans. The only expeditions to Africa we should be organizing are scientific expeditions, like the good men in Egypt who brought glory to our nation!

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

Hey if we don't exploit the natives and rape the land, then someone else will.

In fact the natives should be happy it's us doing the exploiting and not those filthy slaving Moroccans.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
All you naysayers will be thanking us when rubber suddenly becomes super important in 20 years. :colbert:

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
On that line of thought, I wouldn't be surprised if WW1-era warfare tech developed earlier in this timeline than our own due to the constant wars between the Great Powers in this world compared to the relative peace of the mid-to-late 19th cenutry Europe in our world.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!

Snipee posted:

These are far worse odds. France basically singlehandedly fought off half of Europe and won in that last hell war. We barely played a role by defending their southern front from Morocco. This time, we’re fighting against France, and we don’t have Russia or the Celtic Union on our side.

Anyways, I’m thrilled about Benin. I am not so thrilled about our waste of resources on obtaining a wooden navy and indefensible colonies. Did you guys not notice that Morocco and France had the two largest fleets in the world?

I must have misremembered, I thought that Russia was involved against us in that one. We've had too many pointless wars.

Snipee
Mar 27, 2010

RabidWeasel posted:

I must have misremembered, I thought that Russia was involved against us in that one. We've had too many pointless wars.

I meant to say that the Russians and Celts were against France in that previous war (so yes, they were against us in that one). France had successfully fought off half of Europe last time. They very rapidly defeated Hannover’s armies and occupied northern Germany for the remainder of that war. They held their own against the numerous Russian armies until the rebels tore Russia apart, and then the French successfully switched over to defeating the Celts and occupying all of Britain. By comparison, the SGU was engaged in a long war against a recently humiliated Hannover before they could conquer just one province. Anything short of us pulling off a series of miraculous military victories, I don’t see the SGU faring well.

Snipee fucked around with this message at 08:25 on Aug 2, 2018

Natural Flavor
Sep 1, 2013

Al Andalus will win and Shaitan claim any who oppose us. This is our century now!

Natural Flavor fucked around with this message at 09:00 on Aug 2, 2018

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Do you plan on doing another Paradox Mega LP or MEIOU LP after this?

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Technowolf posted:

Is Morocco's military tech just really poo poo?

Also, could I get a look at my (Tariq al-Dhiib's) stats if he's still alive?

They've actually improved their tech quite a bit recently.

Here are his stats:

V. Illych L. posted:

surely we can nick the remaining catalan territories this time around?

hm, have the french any african colonies we can grab

Nope, they've got nothing yet.

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Grouchio posted:

Do you plan on doing another Paradox Mega LP or MEIOU LP after this?

Maybe, after a long break. We'll see.

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Well, time to invade France, because the SGU is not going to win this war with us just being on the defensive.
I'd also echo the calls to invade the rump Qatalunya now, since that should be a quick cleanup and stop us from developing a nasty case of the fascism in the future.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy
Hey @hashim can you rename brigades?

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

And here I thought Morocco had become some unstoppable titan. This is the same country that fought Al Andalus, Egypt, and the Tyrrunid Empire to a standstill and still had time to crush Greece multiple times? I never would've expected Benin to beat Morocco. Now when are they going to reclaim their coast...

What the hell is England doing partnering with the pretenders to the English throne? :psyduck:

And it looks like Mongolia is definitely out of the running to be China.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

I wish New England would hurry up and just annex the rest of Neimni Sund. The slow province-by-province conquests are just excruciating.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MaxieSatan
Oct 19, 2017

SlothfulCobra posted:

What the hell is England doing partnering with the pretenders to the English throne? :psyduck:

I mean, given that the western Muslim world has repeatedly cozied up to Egypt as a buffer against the Caliphs, I think Realpolitik just got invented a century or so early.