Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Chairman Capone posted:

Is it just me or are Earwolf shows really trying to make a T-shirt for every episode?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Chairman Capone posted:

Is it just me or are Earwolf shows really trying to make a T-shirt for every episode?

Small run specific merch is now the order of the day for commercial youtubers/podcasters. Basically design a shirt for a line or concept that popped, collect pre-orders and print only as much as you need. If you do that for every episode on a daily or weekly show, you should have enough orders that you can make monthly buys that take advantage of economies of scale.

It's the niche product strategy, you're unlikely to make one t-shirt that every fan buys but ten that each hit with 50-100 people that's in the realm of possibility.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

JethroMcB posted:

Spelling bee champ, huh? Sounds like this is the work of Big Scripps, dictating content.

The Pistol Shrimps spelling bee eps were great.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Podcast shirts are usually too inside jokey

why would I wanna wear an "all joking a salad" shirt

Vhak lord of hate
Jun 6, 2008

I AM DRINK THE BLOOD OF JESUS

Tarranon posted:

I should really check out the pro version. Is the app not insanely broken any more. Can you actually search for eps?

The pro version is pretty hit or miss but pretty good if you just take it as like deleted scenes on a movie you love. The episode where they play they entire "How Long" song and get depressed because it summarized their whole 5 year HH run in a few minutes and seemed like a In Memorandum is my favorite. It's also the Coachella episode with the Just Bop It song.

Vhak lord of hate fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Jul 31, 2018

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

Vhak lord of hate posted:

The episode where they play they entire "How Long" song and get depressed because it summarized their whole 5 year HH run in a few minutes and seemed like a In Memorandum is my favorite. It's also the Coachella episode with the Just Bop It song.

I dunno if it's their funniest episode, but it's easily the one that made me laugh the most/hardest.

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Opinions are like a$$holes....everyone has one....but mines the best!!!

Franchescanado posted:

This is hilarious. It was recorded when Comedy Bang Bang was deepest in the "let's play a game" structure, and the boys grow increasingly baffled and angry that it's a show. So good.

edit: Also, Brian Huskey's first appearance and the Teen Pope script read is the episode that completely sold me on the show, so maybe give that one a shot.

Yes. The Teen Pope script read is some top end stuff.

I also recommend episode #47 (Zoe Jarmon). Talking about the rights of women (now it's the feets turn) and castle school (Sean's yard stick giving him a rash) is some of the funniest stuff I've ever heard.

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Terror Sweat posted:

Adam pallys eps were really good, especially the first one really early on in the show

Yes. One of my favorites. They got him going pretty hard. Calling his show "The Happy Enders" and continuously bringing up Lamorne Morris and comparing him with Damon Waynes Jr. had him getting pissed off. Many of the best episodes are when they intentionally try to piss off the guest. Those were mostly early. I also miss them intentionally mispronouncing the names of shows.

RestingB1tchFace fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Jul 31, 2018

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
HH Pro today = pro download

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

feedmyleg posted:

I thought it was odd that having a new, female engineer went unaddressed in yesterday's ep, now I know they were saying that just for the Pros. Jordan seems like a good addition to the Earwolf family, very game.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I'm worried that she might be too game. But I guess worst case scenario we get another Kevin, and count me as a big fan of (what the boys do to) Kevin.

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

feedmyleg posted:

I gave it an F. For go gently caress yourself.

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."

RestingB1tchFace posted:

I gave it an F. For go gently caress yourself.

Holy poo poo I'm gonna have to go to my safe space

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
What happened to Dana...can they only have one lady engineer at a time

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Dana isn't an engineer, she's a producer I believe.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

She's an android witch or something.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Just listened to the last two episodes of James Bonding. Kind of surprised they talked about Goldmember for two hours and didn't touch on Scotty Auks having a cameo in it.

As someone who's not a pro subscriber, I'm kind of glad they're leaving the upcoming "character" episodes for the pro version.

crimedog
Apr 1, 2008

Yo, dog.
You dead, dog.

Teenage Fansub posted:

She's an android witch or something.

She a horny girl wolf

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
I keep thinking about how just how terrible the movie from last week's Teaser Freezer was.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REt_A89oqEg

She take her freakin blobs out.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Chairman Capone posted:

Just listened to the last two episodes of James Bonding. Kind of surprised they talked about Goldmember for two hours and didn't touch on Scotty Auks having a cameo in it.

As someone who's not a pro subscriber, I'm kind of glad they're leaving the upcoming "character" episodes for the pro version.

Yeah I was waiting for it the whole time. Surely Gourley at least knows he was in it right?

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."

JethroMcB posted:

I keep thinking about how just how terrible the movie from last week's Teaser Freezer was.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REt_A89oqEg

She take her freakin blobs out.

"What does that say about our culture?"

"I don't know... that the system works?"

Devonaut
Jul 10, 2001

Devoted Astronaut

To integrity!

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
This movie looks good as hell.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

A Jerry Springer Show parody in 2018 is cool.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Poor Gabriel Byrne :(

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

feedmyleg posted:

Poor Gabriel Byrne :(

Someone should have Miller's Crossing'd him IRL so he couldn't have been in this movie.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Maybe he's just what-he-thought-was-the-plot-to-Usual Suspecting us all :unsmith:

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
What I like most about any movie where a brash young female artistic talent teaches a crusty old poo poo to embrace life and art again is seeing what the crusty old poo poo writing it thinks "real art" looks like.

WerthersWay posted:

A Jerry Springer Show parody in 2018 is cool.

What is the most lauded American author doing on a tabloid talk show?

...poo poo! Guess I gotta see it! v:v:v

JohnnyC
Jun 8, 2008
Have switched to Podcast Republic for HH Casual so I can get the ads, including this week's top-of-show ad, which is both very funny and also one of the worst ads to air on a podcast

the Insane Piano
Feb 10, 2011
There's an Ads Version on Stitcher.

Crazyweasel
Oct 29, 2006
lazy

feedmyleg posted:

I'm worried that she might be too game. But I guess worst case scenario we get another Kevin, and count me as a big fan of (what the boys do to) Kevin.

I'm honestly feeling bad for Kevin because he is a gently caress up, but the amount of regular digs they get on him is to the point that if I knew him in real life and he said "...yea they poke fun at me but we're really actually good friends" I'd do a big ole eye roll

I think the boys are used to people that are strong enough to not really take it to heart or people they just don't give a poo poo about. Kevin is on the line cuz he seems like too much of a hay-seed

Disclaimer: I still laugh every time that basic bitch gets owned because he is a try hard

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

They’re all doing bits.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013

Crazyweasel posted:

I'm honestly feeling bad for Kevin because he is a gently caress up, but the amount of regular digs they get on him is to the point that if I knew him in real life and he said "...yea they poke fun at me but we're really actually good friends" I'd do a big ole eye roll

I think the boys are used to people that are strong enough to not really take it to heart or people they just don't give a poo poo about. Kevin is on the line cuz he seems like too much of a hay-seed

Disclaimer: I still laugh every time that basic bitch gets owned because he is a try hard

man imagine having a brain that listens to a podcast and then thinks this

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
type of brain that is similar to Kevin’s

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
Listened to Sinbad and Dave Thomas episodes of HH over the last couple of days and they were awesome. Thanks for alerting me to the podcast. Are there any more all time great episodes I should check out? I've got the comic Con one downloaded but have been holding off listening to it until I have more context.

the Insane Piano
Feb 10, 2011
I like when Lauren Lapkus involves Chef Kevin in Threedom :3:

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Inspector 34 posted:

Listened to Sinbad and Dave Thomas episodes of HH over the last couple of days and they were awesome. Thanks for alerting me to the podcast. Are there any more all time great episodes I should check out? I've got the comic Con one downloaded but have been holding off listening to it until I have more context.

Listen to every one where they try to do another person's podcast. Paul's was probably the best.

Crazyweasel
Oct 29, 2006
lazy

You guys are nuts if you think that Kevin is playing a bit...maybe u r the Kevin in ur circle

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Inspector 34 posted:

Definitely listen to the Tom Sharpling episodes. Listen to them in order.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

naphta
Sep 18, 2008
Can any intrepid listeners tell me which sharpling episode ended with him being pushed away on a rail cart? I want to hear the sound of his screams.