Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

RBX posted:

Have any of you played a Battle Royale game, I'm interested if this is gonna work with COD gunplay.

Good news, they’re fundamentally changing gunplay for Blackout so much it actually spilled over to MP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

RBX posted:

Have any of you played a Battle Royale game, I'm interested if this is gonna work with COD gunplay.

No battle royal is a fancy name for free for all that has been in existence since loving quake I'm old come at me

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Waroduce posted:

No battle royal is a fancy name for free for all that has been in existence since loving quake I'm old come at me

Technically, Single-Elimination Deathmatch/Last Person Standing would be more accurate!

Also, the BLOPS IIII™ PS4 Community has been created! Just input 'SomethingAwful.com' into the search function and send a request!

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Jul 31, 2018

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Well guess what I signed up for beta again. Through Amazon again.

Hopefully they'll give me a code without me bugging them this time.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

I signed up for my beta code through Comcast. Can’t wait to see some body bags.

Seymour Buttz
Apr 26, 2006

Dog controls your destiny.

Shame they put Nuketown in the battle royale map and every single person is going to drop there and defeat the purpose. (If that completely unsourced leak is true. Or I misunderstood a lovely joke.)

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Seymour Buttz posted:

Shame they put Nuketown in the battle royale map and every single person is going to drop there and defeat the purpose. (If that completely unsourced leak is true. Or I misunderstood a lovely joke.)

Blackout’s portion of the trailer shows nuketown. And raid. And a zombies map (with zombies) and Cargo, I think was the last one. So yeah it’s just a big map with COD maps sprinkled around as towns.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
What is blackout help I haven't played since BLOPS the original apart from a month on AW.

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:

Waroduce posted:

What is blackout help I haven't played since BLOPS the original apart from a month on AW.

It's their stupid name for Battle Royale.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

So some (or all) shotguns in BLOPS4 have a secret Dragon’s Breath perk which is unlocked by attaching a number of wildcards to the weapon.

Shotguns are back, baby. :getin:

Also all the weapons are now shown/listed here.

Happy Noodle Boy fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Jul 31, 2018

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

Ok I preordered from Amazon. How do I get this stupid beta code?

Edit: I got the order confirmation email, but it says nothing about the beta. Did I need to pre-order the digital version or something?

housefly fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Jul 31, 2018

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

housefly posted:

Ok I preordered from Amazon. How do I get this stupid beta code?

If you just preordered I think you should be getting the code in the next couple of days?

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

If you just preordered I think you should be getting the code in the next couple of days?

Ok, cool. I thought maybe it would come through the order confirmation. I'll be on sporadically this weekend. Hopefully they don't reset progress between beta weekends. Daddy needs that unlock token from the start.

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

Flankensttein: A name given to a FPS gamer who constantly flanks to get kills.

"So I was playing COD yesterday, and some flankenstein came up from behind and shot me."
Is the digital deluxe version worth it, I’m purchasing through the PS4?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

jase1 posted:

Is the digital deluxe version worth it, I’m purchasing through the PS4?

Are you going to be playing zombies? If yes, then yeah probably. Otherwise I’d say skip unless you’re dead set on wanting the DLCs maps which will still be fragmented (but not nearly as bad as before). Assuming they’re not idiots and simply add the new map into the rotation instead of gating them on DLC playlists then they may get more playtime than previous DLC maps in the series but you’ll still be mainly not playing the maps as long as a couple of people in the party don’t have the pass.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

So some (or all) shotguns in BLOPS4 have a secret Dragon’s Breath perk which is unlocked by attaching a number of wildcards to the weapon.

There’s no way that list has every weapon in the game.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Mill Village posted:

There’s no way that list has every weapon in the game.

I think those are going to the all the weapons available for the beta.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

That seems like a very reasonable and balanced selection for the multiplayer beta modes!
I can only imagine what hidden treasures and craziness await us in the full release, and future DLC updates!

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
dmr AND a 4rd burst fire? :getin:

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

Mister Facetious posted:

That seems like a very reasonable and balanced selection for the multiplayer beta modes!
I can only imagine what hidden treasures and craziness await us in the full release, and future DLC updates!

I think you meant "loot box purchases" where you said "DLC updates"

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

Flankensttein: A name given to a FPS gamer who constantly flanks to get kills.

"So I was playing COD yesterday, and some flankenstein came up from behind and shot me."
I can’t wait to stand in front of Macy’s while he is sniping. That will break him out of his gimmick.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Make sure you spin in circles and fire your gun too for maximum annoyance.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Beta preload goes live 1pm EST tomorrow.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?
From everyone's hard analysis has anyone discovered any narrow doorways one could most tactically block?

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

jase1 posted:

I can’t wait to stand in front of Macy’s while he is sniping. That will break him out of his gimmick.

I usually don't try to snipe until a few months after I've learned the maps and equipment to increase my chances of survival, but you're welcome to try! :glomp:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Even bad games can have good dogs

https://twitter.com/CallofDuty/status/1024701292420190209?s=20

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Wazzit posted:

From everyone's hard analysis has anyone discovered any narrow doorways one could most tactically block?

There looks to be a lot of doorways in this game. There's deployable cover and barbed wire so I imagine you could have a lot of fun with that.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

With the ability to set Juneau to guard mode, Nomad might just be my top pick for sniping with Man's Best Friend™ watching my back!

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Beta preload goes live 1pm EST tomorrow.

How do I go about downloading it on PS4? I created the Call of Duty account, but I don't know how to actually access the beta. Do I just need to put in the code I got?

Combatace
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe
Boy was I excited to try out this Skyjacked map thanks to DLC1 being free.

...But then I spawned in, and a sense of dread came over me.

This is hijacked I gasped and resigned myself to another poo poo map being remade.

Have a clip from the combatace comeback tour as penance for my awful story. Pubbies never change.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

Combatace posted:

This is hijacked I gasped and resigned myself to another poo poo map being remade.

:getout:

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Actually, Hijacked differs from Exodus in a significant way in that, while both can be considered to have a four lane setup, in Hijacked, one of those lanes is completely inaccessible except from the two entrance and exit points!
In addition, the two elevated areas in Exodus are directly connected on the same level by a large extended room, while on Sky/Hijacked, they are separated completely except by the maintenance room path two floors below!
Skyjacked was modified so that the maintenance room path is accessible from the outside by a blast damaged side of the hull!

Skyjacked, the easy way!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gmFEMnQ5ZY

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Aug 2, 2018

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Not in it, voted 1.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Max Wilco posted:

How do I go about downloading it on PS4? I created the Call of Duty account, but I don't know how to actually access the beta. Do I just need to put in the code I got?

Wondering this as well.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

https://twitter.com/charlieintel/status/1025064189839265792?s=21

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I can't wait! Ya'll ready for this!?!

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Max Wilco posted:

If you pre-ordered digitally, you can just go to the PS store and download it now. If you pre-order elsewhere (aka got a code) I believe you have to enter that on the COD site beta signup page. Once you do that they’ll send (later today) a token so you can redeem it on the PS Store. It’s all a needlessly complicated bullshit to not have this be an open beta but that’s Activision for you.

Mister Facetious posted:

I can't wait! Ya'll ready for this!?!

I can’t wait to see the netcode for this game break you.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

I would love to preload but Comcast won’t send me my code! :argh:

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
same :shobon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Oh boy they went ahead and did it

quote:

The first new gun mechanic is predictive recoil. Each weapon in Black Ops 4 behaves the same every time you fire, depending on how long you pull the trigger for or how many successive shots you pull off. Not only does this give the guns their own personality, it allows players to counter the recoil.

“I think they’re the best feeling weapons in the Call of Duty games – certainly the ones Treyarch has released,” Flame says. “We’re really proud of what we’ve done with the weapons – the feel, the look, the tuning, and the balance. A lot of that has been helped out by experimentation in the different modes, including Blackout.

As well as this, some of the weapons now work on a ballistics system, where the bullet takes time to travel to the target, rather than impacting immediately with hitscan. This change was implemented thanks to Blackout, which uses a full ballistics model.

“With multiplayer, we’re experimenting with that in the beta – we’ve got kind of a mixed system there, what works best for what gun – so we’re going to see how that works,” Flame explains. “It really gives us an opportunity to balance some guns that we traditionally had trouble balancing in Call of Duty.

COD netcode and bullet travel/drop? What can go wrong?

Also while the beta is scheduled to start at 1pm tomorrow they've started early last 2 years so maybe we'll see something happening tonight.