Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

maybe i’m jumping to conclusions here but for some reason i have a hunch that the snk heroines fighting game is as interested in having varied character designs and good fighting game mechanics as dead or alive beach volleyball is at accurately simulating the experience of playing beach volleyball

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Accordion Man posted:

Yeah, it does rather suck because SNK does have enough good female characters to make a non-skeezy all lady fighter. Hell, my best characters throughout the KOFs and games likes SNK Battle Coliseum and CVS2 are Mai, Athena, and Yuri.

It doesn't even have to be non-skeevy, just make it so the skeeviness doesn't seem to be the point of the game.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Haven't people posted that they have found dozens of roaches inside their consoles or some poo poo like that after they opened them up

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Haven't people posted that they have found dozens of roaches inside their consoles or some poo poo like that after they opened them up

That was a legendary ycs secret santa story, where one goon apparently got sent a Dreamcast full of roaches.

Or maybe other people have posted about it happening to them to but it never hurts to bring that story up.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

The roaches are just little game developers :3:

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

glam rock hamhock posted:

It doesn't even have to be non-skeevy, just make it so the skeeviness doesn't seem to be the point of the game.

glam rock hamhock i believe you may have made a critical error in judgement vis a vis what is and isn't the main point of the game

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Yeah, its vanilla PS4s. The roaches are attracted to the heat and are able to crawl inside due to the vanilla PS4's design. The Slim doesn't have this problem.

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

one time I left a fightstick on the ground for a while and when I went to use it, a wolf spider came out of the cable compartment

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Accordion Man posted:

Yeah, its vanilla PS4s. The roaches are attracted to the heat and are able to crawl inside due to the vanilla PS4's design. The Slim doesn't have this problem.

I have a launch PS4 :gonk:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I'm glad roaches aren't very common here, I have lots of spiders though including a big one that likes to hang out over the shower when I get up in the morning.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I have a launch PS4 :gonk:
Check the cooling vents because that's how they get in. Apparently you can tell if they did because of all the poop.

Accordion Man fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Aug 2, 2018

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

drat 2018 with the ps4 (poop station 4 )

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I work in electronics recycling and we've gotten in loads of cable boxes that have dead roaches inside of them.

I'm also listening to the This American Life you linked and it's bringing back memories of combing over everything with a vacuum and sprinkling diatomaceous earth everywhere in a vain attempt to fight back. And also lol at the end, the landlord magically hired a new pest control company after the story aired, apparently the previous 3 years of the tenants getting eaten alive wasn't enough to get competent professionals involved.

e: I moved into a new apartment down here in Florida about 4 months ago and luckily I've only seen two roaches. I have a cat, he can earn his keep by eating them.

ONE YEAR LATER fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Aug 2, 2018

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Help Im Alive posted:

You beat the game or the game beats you

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.
I'm not sure if I've ever seen a roach in real life, and I think I'm okay keeping it that way.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
A dreamcast full of roaches and eponas

ass
Sep 22, 2011
Young Orc

Accordion Man posted:

have u considered having a clean house

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Cowcaster posted:

maybe i’m jumping to conclusions here but for some reason i have a hunch that the snk heroines fighting game is as interested in having varied character designs and good fighting game mechanics as dead or alive beach volleyball is at accurately simulating the experience of playing beach volleyball

Supposedly the first one was actually a pretty decent volleyball game that used pressure sensitivity on buttons. Not like there's really any competition as volleyball games go, though, and obviously it was not the intended purpose of the game.

ass
Sep 22, 2011
Young Orc
i'm thankful to have a house that is not infested with roaches

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

why isn't alice in heroines instead her design's way cooler

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
There are lots of cool gals that could have been picked, but I suspect that the developers/producers had a specific number of characters in mind when making the game, and chose through committee a mix of classic, obscure, and downright weird picks.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

the only heroines I need are nakoruru and uh, I guess just nakoruru

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Accordion Man posted:

Yeah, it does rather suck because SNK does have enough good female characters to make a non-skeezy all lady fighter. Hell, my best characters throughout the KOFs and games likes SNK Battle Coliseum and CVS2 are Mai, Athena, and Yuri.

Mai is pretty skeezy

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

LawfulWaffle posted:

Mai is pretty skeezy
mai is extremely good

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Endorph posted:

mai is extremely good
Yeah, no argument there

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Mai is cool and good but also pretty dang skeezy

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Don’t google “mai snk” with safesearch off

Or do? I dunno

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

*inhales to do the borat voice but sucks in a fly that's been buzzing around the office and starts gagging and rolling around on the floor*

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
mai is badass and i don't really mind her giant swingin titties nearly as much as the stuff that's weird about girl terry

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

LawfulWaffle posted:

Yeah, no argument there

she really ought to have some more sensible shoes

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

mai is extremely horny but also shes an adult woman who isnt embarrassed by the fact that shes extremely horny

i can get disliking the design but 'skeezy' makes me think like, 'morally wrong/questionable or weird' not just horned up

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

It means designed by a committee of horny men

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

snk heroines could have been a neat idea if they weren't all kidnapped in somebody's dungeon or whatever the gently caress it is

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Jay Rust posted:

so not mai

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Jay Rust posted:

embrace horny

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Jay Rust posted:

i don't think that's a good descriptor for skeezy when there are plenty of designs that gets thrown at that were drawn by women

which like, isn't an own about how you have to like them it just, doesn't really apply

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

:popeye:

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I don't know why but being able to put Tekken characters in just regular rear end jeans and a t shirt is funny to me. It's so antithetical to fighting game character design so you gotta do it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I'm not convinced there are any snk character designs I like but Mai isn't a standout offender or anything

• Locked thread