Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Endorph posted:

i knew a guy who wanted a trenchcoat because of nrvnqsr chaos

Is it a good cosplay idea to do that, but have a little wolf plushie in one of the inner pockets

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Snooze Cruise posted:

Its cool how that one character in Melty Blood points their hand in a cool way when they walk backwards. But if I did it in real life i would look like a dork. Reality is sad.

me irl

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

cheetah7071 posted:

Her shorts are kinda dumb but I like the rest
check out last blade sometime, its the most like, restrained snk game in terms of design/tone

samurai shodown has some good designs too, its where nakoruru/rera are from, but a few characters get pretty goofy

Snooze Cruise posted:

Is it a good cosplay idea to do that, but have a little wolf plushie in one of the inner pockets
have a jar of bees

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

FirstAidKite posted:

I feel like it doesn't really count what gender the creator of the character is when their designs are clearly influenced by the culture of male gaze and so that's what the design ends up being regardless of if the artist has a vagina or a penis

That's my thoughts thanks for reading have a good day bye bye

Define 'clearly' lmao, its not simple.

All of this is cultural too, not inherent.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

that's tharja from fea

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

oddium posted:

that's tharja from fea

It's menat from duty fighter V

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Actually that's Legally Distinct From Lisa Lisa's Apprentice.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Zaphod42 posted:

Define 'clearly' lmao, its not simple.

Obviously, undoubtedly, plainly, visibly, undeniably

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Menat and Kolin both have great animations. Shame most of Menat's costumes are lame.

And then there's Falke.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i won't play street fighter v even though menat and kolin own cause poison's not in it

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
Sega has been aware of the "heavy attack crashes game" bug in Yakuza 0 for over twenty-four hours now, and hasn't released a patch or acknowledged it. A small team I can understand, but I think that's unacceptable for a major company.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

The Colonel posted:

i won't play street fighter v even though menat and kolin own cause poison's not in it
i wont play it because sodom isnt in it

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Poison is cool and she owns

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Why do people call SFV "Duty Fighter V"

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

The White Dragon posted:

Sega has been aware of the "heavy attack crashes game" bug in Yakuza 0 for over twenty-four hours now, and hasn't released a patch or acknowledged it. A small team I can understand, but I think that's unacceptable for a major company.

How widespread is the bug?

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
Playing Last Blade 2 with the HUD turned off
:discourse:

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Endorph posted:

i wont play it because sodom isnt in it

Ah yes Katana

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Why do people call SFV "Duty Fighter V"

Because nobody who plays it professionally likes the game but Capcom has put a lot of money into their esports push so you can live comfortably off playing it

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Andrast posted:

How widespread is the bug?

I can't tell how many people are actually experiencing it but the top-rated comment in Atlus's official dev thread on the Yakuza Reddit describes this bug, and there are various posts on the Steam forum about it even if most of the threads talking about it don't really indicate this problem in their title.

It crashes when your heat aura glows during the heavy attack, so my guess was it's trying to call a corrupted graphics file, but I've tried verifying like five times already. I've also tried changing various other settings and my refund timer is slowly approaching 2hrs as I try to come up with a soft solution to something I'm not even getting paid to QA

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

The White Dragon posted:

I can't tell how many people are actually experiencing it but the top-rated comment in Atlus's official dev thread on the Yakuza Reddit describes this bug, and there are various posts on the Steam forum about it even if most of the threads talking about it don't really indicate this problem in their title.

It crashes when your heat aura glows during the heavy attack, so my guess was it's trying to call a corrupted graphics file, but I've tried verifying like five times already. I've also tried changing various other settings and my refund timer is slowly approaching 2hrs as I try to come up with a soft solution to something I'm not even getting paid to QA

Man that sucks because based on my (very brief) experience with the game is that it loving owns.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

LawfulWaffle posted:

Playing Last Blade 2 with the HUD turned off
:discourse:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OHZoQfWm0Y

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I wish all video games had as much style and coolness as last blade 2, a very stylish and cool game.

e: I will allow for cute stylish games as well. Not that cute, can't be cool.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I don't think I've ever gotten a refund on a game

such is the life of the humble console gamer

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

cheetah7071 posted:

I'm not convinced there are any snk character designs I like but Mai isn't a standout offender or anything

Samsho and Last Blade are where all the good SNK design is in my opinion, but I guess the popularity of the cross-SNK fighters means general audiences felt otherwise. Central and South American players in particular loved the those yearly entries.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

oddium posted:

that's tharja from fea

Nah she has too much clothes on too be Tharja.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
The worst fighting game character design is probably in some 90s MK clone...probably somewhere in Tattoo Assassins actually.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

lol
https://twitter.com/waypoint/status/1025114545042411520

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
oof

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Uhh

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
<another three-letter exclamation>

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

EA are fuckin cowards

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
EA Sports its in the game, except for the name which we bleep out

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
NFL and EA still poo poo.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
What does the back of his jersey say? Is it just a black rectangle?

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

ea sports... BIG BITCH

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

EA are fuckin cowards

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

bloodychill posted:

What does the back of his jersey say? Is it just a black rectangle?
It says "He Who Should Not Be Named" like Voldemort, because nothing is scarier to white people than a black man peacefully protesting.

• Locked thread