Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

I don't even know how people sub-15 3*magicites, do you just bring all DPS and maybe OK or someone for a buff?

Like, currently, my damage doesn't really get rolling until about 10 seconds in to begin with between dropping buffs like godwall+OK and needing juice through wrath/entrust and a few hits from 4x/5x abilities.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

saltylopez
Mar 30, 2010

MF_James posted:

I don't even know how people sub-15 3*magicites, do you just bring all DPS and maybe OK or someone for a buff?

Like, currently, my damage doesn't really get rolling until about 10 seconds in to begin with between dropping buffs like godwall+OK and needing juice through wrath/entrust and a few hits from 4x/5x abilities.

Not that I've personally sub-15'd anything but it's likely relying on last stand instead of healing, using fabula raider instead of wall RW, and lots of instant/quick casts.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

saltylopez posted:

Not that I've personally sub-15'd anything but it's likely relying on last stand instead of healing, using fabula raider instead of wall RW, and lots of instant/quick casts.

Gotcha, just seems insane when I barely sub-30'd bismarck, my earth team took like 1.5-2mins to just clear (and it was skin of my teeth), and most of my other teams are between 45secs and 1.5 minutes.

woah salty, didn't we play COD together or something a few years ago? Or maybe CSGO?

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Shelke/Morrow entrusting someone two full sb bars before their second turn is up is also potentially a thing.

saltylopez
Mar 30, 2010

MF_James posted:

woah salty, didn't we play COD together or something a few years ago? Or maybe CSGO?

<BROWN TOWN> on Algalon :smugwizard:

MF_James
May 8, 2008

saltylopez posted:

<BROWN TOWN> on Algalon :smugwizard:

awww yeahhhhh thems was some good times, Slutatron will live again one day.

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

MF_James posted:

Here's an old 15s Shadow Dragon kill I recorded
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Npb7ZixryP4

I have that down to 12.51s by skipping a healer, but haven't recorded that run

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

MF_James posted:

Yeah, no-healing magicite is really viable once you've beaten them all and have Ellara's healing RW. Two shots of instant full heal are more than enough to carry you through 15s of magicite damage. That's the thing with the speed meta - the faster you kill something, the less damage it does to you.

Another big thing is not relying on lifesiphon to build gauge and just going ham with abilities from the start. Chains and enelement LMRs really help with this.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
The 180 is a fucker. I’m gonna take a break for a bit, sweet jiminy christmas.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

Avalerion posted:

Shelke/Morrow entrusting someone two full sb bars before their second turn is up is also potentially a thing.

If you use Shelke or Morrow you have no honor and are not a warrior

you're probably a cop if you use Shelke or Morrow

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

So, are Record Dives still limited, in that you can only do so many, or can you RD every single character if you want?

Bruceski posted:

For Necrophobe look for a RW with an AoE. Shadow BSB is a popular one because after his entry it gives en-dark and instant (CMD1)/fast-cast AoE (CMD2) commands, which can really spit out some damage even on underleveled folks.

Other notable RWs:
Orlandeau OSB: this was the main one for carrying events before AOSBs became a thing. It's a high damage hit and then gives Thunder God, which is haste for the part of the bar that fills after you pick an ability.
Tyro USB: Godwall. Haste, protect, shell, and 100% def/res boosts that stack with proshell. This is every defensive buff in one package. Probably better to go for RWs that help you kill faster, but know this exists otherwise the damage at heigher tiers will seem unsurmountable.
Various BSBs: in the top tier meta these things have gotten pretty powercrept, but the BSB commands may be better than other skills you currently have access to and they sometimes give en-element as a rider along with an innate attack boost and haste that come from Burst Mode.

Alright. Thanks for the info!

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
So here's my problem with Isgebind. I'm currently trying with Greg Chain/Dived Terra USB/Dived Vivi BSB2 as a DPS core and;

If I take two healers and RW Fabula Guardian, I can survive a full minute, but not have enough DPS to kill it because of a lack of buffs from not using Fabula Raider. Everyone caps out at 8k damage a hit.

If I take two healers and Godwall Tyro, to use Fabula Raider, same deal, because I have to drop Greg chain and everyone's damage caps out at ~6k.

If I take one healer and Tyro and Fabula Raider, I get it to ~20% at 45 seconds and then inevitably die because of mass amounts of AoE damage and only having three ice resist accessories to go around.

I'm using Unicorn as a Magicite. Physical teams (Sabin USB, Amarant BSB, Locke BSB, Galuf BSB2, Bartz AOSB) seem like a bad idea because it's out of reach a fair bit.

My only other options are BSB2 Krile for Imperil (Probably won't stack up to Chain), Vincent BSB for damage reflect, levelling Aphmau from scratch because her BSB is +MAG on entry and using her in a two healers/Fabula Guardian setup, levelling that one Type-0 dude who has a Fire BSB with PBlink from scratch, or just giving up, as far as I can tell.

And this is an element I have a chain for, and a decent selection of SBs. If I can't conquer this one, the others might as well be D5000.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Physical teams for isgebind are fine, all the dudes you listed have access to ranged weapons, inherently ranged abilities, or both. You might have to forgo a +fire weapon or two that you would otherwise use, but that shouldn't make the difference between clearing and not.

Unless you don't have any bows or throwers worth a drat, which I guess is entirely possible.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Prompto's USB gun and absolutely nothing else.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Ok, so.

Vincent can be kitted out to do physical decently; give him Prompto's gun.
Sabin is the best monk there in a vacuum, but I don't recall off hand whether any of their SB entries (or Sabin's chase) are ranged or not, so Amarant or Galuf might work better for this fight.

Bring Greg/Vincent/monk of your choice, along with whatever two healers you were using. Vincent should be using ruby spark for dps and the monk should be using fires within. I won't guarantee that this will get you the clear, but it sounds like a decent setup on paper. If you don't have the hones on the relevant abilities to support this yet, that's something to work towards.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

iPodschun posted:

Here's an old 15s Shadow Dragon kill I recorded
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Npb7ZixryP4

I have that down to 12.51s by skipping a healer, but haven't recorded that run

i don’t understand entirely what’s going on, how did you manage to give orlandeau an instant cast on his usb?

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

Cowcaster posted:

i don’t understand entirely what’s going on, how did you manage to give orlandeau an instant cast on his usb?
Orlandu's LM2 is haste + instant cast 3

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

iPodschun posted:

Orlandu's LM2 is haste + instant cast 3

well that explains it, i thought i had orlandeau legend dived but i did not

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Cowcaster posted:

His dive gives instant cast cast for 3 turns. Orlandeau is fuckin nuts.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Bruceski posted:

For Necrophobe look for a RW with an AoE. Shadow BSB is a popular one because after his entry it gives en-dark and instant (CMD1)/fast-cast AoE (CMD2) commands, which can really spit out some damage even on underleveled folks.

That worked. It took two tries, because I forgot to actually select Shadow when he showed up, so I ended up with a lowbie Tyro and his sword AOE that did 56 damage to each barrier.

Also:

Kheldarn posted:

So, are Record Dives still limited, in that you can only do so many, or can you RD every single character if you want?

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Record Spheres are gated solely by the amount of motes you pick up. Amusingly, it's the 3* motes that are the real bottleneck now, since there's no renewable source to grind them. 4* motes can be farmed if desired on the appropriate days. I guess you may want to prioritize your relic crew early on but there's not a real pressing reason to hold back, either. I'm not sure where the break-point is, but I know someone worked it out at some prior point that it was possible to have every character fully record dived in JP assuming buying the monthly 3* motes from the Gysahl store as well.

It's the Legend Spheres that are in much more limited supply, since 5* motes are still on drip-feed from stuff like Crystal Tower and the new Torments and such (get those Jump Starts before they're gone!)

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

At one point I spent a some time just doing the 3* dives on everyone while watching twitch and the only reason I stopped was that I was running out of 3* vitality motes. Still have a bunch of everything else, especially dexterity

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

You could spam raid clears for 3* motes if you really wanted to. (Please don't do this.)

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

yeah unless you're going through and literally record diving every single character i can't imagine a situation where 3* motes are the bottleneck. you can technically farm 4* motes where 3* motes you can't, but even if you're dumping all your stamina into that just getting as far as you can into the weekly events will poo poo so many 3*'s into your lap as to outpace it.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

MarquiseMindfang posted:

So here's my problem with Isgebind. I'm currently trying with Greg Chain/Dived Terra USB/Dived Vivi BSB2 as a DPS core and;

If I take two healers and RW Fabula Guardian, I can survive a full minute, but not have enough DPS to kill it because of a lack of buffs from not using Fabula Raider. Everyone caps out at 8k damage a hit.

If I take two healers and Godwall Tyro, to use Fabula Raider, same deal, because I have to drop Greg chain and everyone's damage caps out at ~6k.

If I take one healer and Tyro and Fabula Raider, I get it to ~20% at 45 seconds and then inevitably die because of mass amounts of AoE damage and only having three ice resist accessories to go around.

I'm using Unicorn as a Magicite. Physical teams (Sabin USB, Amarant BSB, Locke BSB, Galuf BSB2, Bartz AOSB) seem like a bad idea because it's out of reach a fair bit.

My only other options are BSB2 Krile for Imperil (Probably won't stack up to Chain), Vincent BSB for damage reflect, levelling Aphmau from scratch because her BSB is +MAG on entry and using her in a two healers/Fabula Guardian setup, levelling that one Type-0 dude who has a Fire BSB with PBlink from scratch, or just giving up, as far as I can tell.

And this is an element I have a chain for, and a decent selection of SBs. If I can't conquer this one, the others might as well be D5000.

Yes, level other characters. Sabin USB with Greg CSB will wreck poo poo, especially with a legend dive. Fires Within is ranged too, so you don't have to worry about that. Ace BSB means you can drop a healer, instant pblink is amazing for this fight. Then you can bring Tyro with Affliction Break (a single astra will not be enough) and some fire ability to help with the chain, Aphmau for heals (Valigarmanda in the second slot for the turns when she doesn't need to heal), and Fabula Raider for RW.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

Cowcaster posted:

yeah unless you're going through and literally record diving every single character i can't imagine a situation where 3* motes are the bottleneck. you can technically farm 4* motes where 3* motes you can't, but even if you're dumping all your stamina into that just getting as far as you can into the weekly events will poo poo so many 3*'s into your lap as to outpace it.

They can be a really annoying bottleneck when you're new, since were basically just limited to the ones we get from the weekly event and greens store. You might have plenty, but not of the right types. And getting more always means waiting for a week and hoping the event spits out the correct type of mote.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Attestant posted:

They can be a really annoying bottleneck when you're new, since were basically just limited to the ones we get from the weekly event and greens store. You might have plenty, but not of the right types. And getting more always means waiting for a week and hoping the event spits out the correct type of mote.

Yeah, Vitality, Bravery, and Wisdom are exceptionally high-demand for 3* motes; I don't run out as much as a newer player would, but even as a week 1 player I haven't been able to give everyone a full 3* dive, which is saying something.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

KataraniSword posted:

Yeah, Vitality, Bravery, and Wisdom are exceptionally high-demand for 3* motes; I don't run out as much as a newer player would, but even as a week 1 player I haven't been able to give everyone a full 3* dive, which is saying something.
I just checked and found that I have 28 characters left to shove 3* motes at. Despite this I still need a lot more Vitality and Bravery motes to fill all those record spheres in the first rows, 1680 and 1620 respectively. Plus some more of other types, obviously, but the difference is between having <100 motes left when I need 1000+...or having 1000+ motes left when I need maybe half that. It really goes to show how ad-hoc DeNA's process of adding new characters or mechanics gets.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i think there’s just a fundamental difference in values going on here because personally i can’t imagine a world where i think attempting to 3* dive every single character available in this game is a worthwhile endeavor

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

i like this game cuz it has agrias

saltylopez
Mar 30, 2010

Cowcaster posted:

i think there’s just a fundamental difference in values going on here because personally i can’t imagine a world where i think attempting to 3* dive every single character available in this game is a worthwhile endeavor

umm... it makes the numbers go up

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Cowcaster posted:

When you live in post-scarcity gacha, you do it just because you can. Is it worthwhile? Nah, not really. But it's not like you can sell motes or upgrade them to the next rarity up or anything.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

I have 50 Onion Knight motes that will forever taunt me, unable to be used for anything.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Cowcaster posted:

I mean, if I'm using a character in a fight I try and 3 mote them up.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Zyla posted:

i like this game cuz it has agrias

:same:

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

I have good news, and I have bad news.
Which do you want to hear first...?
Hey did y'all know the FF6 crystal tower draw is here?!

Why does the game insist on telling me everytime I go to the relic draw screen?

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

You know, considering how important HP percentages are for torment fights, you'd think the game would actually show them to you.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

It should be possible to implement some sort of tracker for that via Javascript code injection. The trickiest parts would be probably to differentiate enemies from PCs, and to not make it look ugly. At least with the timer function, the code for that was already there when 300 Sephiroth first launched. In a case like this we wouldn't have such luxuries.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

KataraniSword posted:

When you live in post-scarcity gacha, you do it just because you can. Is it worthwhile? Nah, not really. But it's not like you can sell motes or upgrade them to the next rarity up or anything.

I have nothing else to do with them at this point. I only have like 25 more left characters to 3* dive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

even if i had an infinite amount of 3* motes the time and effort it would take me to go through and individually 3* each character one by one for such an insignificant benefit would drive me to kill again