Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

DyneAvenger posted:

So I loving beefed it on the Armourer's mission to blow up a supply depot because i shot it up from my ship without reading that you need to use your multitool for it to count. And i can't for the life of me find another supply depot, even after like 30 minutes of flying around spamming the scanner and finding abandoned houses and poo poo.

Is there a way to fix this or a way to find another supply depot that isn't combing the planet?

you need some nav data(each station has 5-6 laying around, orange/blue boxes sitting on tables) and a signal booster, scan secure frequencies. sometimes you get a manufacturing building, which is where you get formulas, sometimes you get a depot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tambaloneus
Feb 5, 2007

I miss my cat someone buy me a kitten.

DyneAvenger posted:

So I loving beefed it on the Armourer's mission to blow up a supply depot because i shot it up from my ship without reading that you need to use your multitool for it to count. And i can't for the life of me find another supply depot, even after like 30 minutes of flying around spamming the scanner and finding abandoned houses and poo poo.

Is there a way to fix this or a way to find another supply depot that isn't combing the planet?

I wonder if you can cheese it by tagging it with the multi-tool then getting in the ship and finishing off in safety?

DyneAvenger
Aug 26, 2005

Bru-Tang Clan member:
Nose Face Killah

Powershift posted:

you need some nav data(each station has 5-6 laying around, orange/blue boxes sitting on tables) and a signal booster, scan secure frequencies. sometimes you get a manufacturing building, which is where you get formulas, sometimes you get a depot.

I think I managed to find a supply depot once via secure, but naturally i don't remember where it was. I'll go about that route again.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
So if I'm 40 hours in but don't have a freighter or anything super high end but have completed all of the previous quests save Atlas would I be better off just starting over? I attempted a new survival game and died in a minute and had no idea what the hell was going on.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Grinding copper for the hyperdrive sure sucks when every single resource deposit but one in four hours is dioxite or whatever.

E: as always bitching solves the problem

e: Can I seriously not move installed upgrades? I put one in expecting to move it next to my actual stuff after moving the worthless trash out of the way.

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Aug 3, 2018

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Apparently shrinking the terrain laser gets you more resources from nodes :psyduck:

I didn't even realize you could change its size

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I've seen people building bases around the abandoned buildigns and buildings walls and poo poo but THIS is the way to do it IMO:

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

My PS4 save is still borked and is stuck at Initalize, even after today’s patch. I sent my save to Hello Games. I just wanna explore :(

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Man where's the incentive in having a big fleet of S and A class Frigates if I only get 5 expeditions per day? Seriously why. Just let me push a button that says "Gib new quests plox"

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I traded in my old ship for a slightly less lovely one. :toot:

I have 400k at the moment. A lot of these A ships are 1 million so I'm feeling pretty good about finances at the moment. Haven't seen a new multi-tool or anything else yet though.

victrix posted:

Apparently shrinking the terrain laser gets you more resources from nodes :psyduck:

Really? How?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Sent you a friend req on PS4 by the way. If anyone wants their PS4/XBOX/Steam name in the second post, let me know. (I'm "zerodrone" on psn)

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

precision posted:

Sent you a friend req on PS4 by the way. If anyone wants their PS4/XBOX/Steam name in the second post, let me know. (I'm "zerodrone" on psn)

Accepted! I'll hop on more this weekend, probably upgrade my lovely one room hut on ice world once I get the teleports online/play more of the game.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
So do black holes still only teleport you about 6000 light years? Not so appealing anymore since 6 S Class upgrades on my Explorer lets me warp 1800 light years at a time, with no random chance of my whole ship breaking in the process

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007
I was just lucky enough to find a 29/5 Class-A fighter at a distress beacon. Lots of stuff broken but my trusty 24/6 B-class Shuttle will keep me going until I can get it fully repaired, and with all the supplies I had on my freighter it won't take too much longer to repair it!

Finally started finishing up all the blueprint quests, so I've started disassembling my old base and creating a new one. That said, doesn't seem to be much need to really have make a big base besides for the fun and aesthetics of it since it's easier and better to use my freighter for a lot of stuff. Small bases with teleporters and landing pads are super useful, though.

Bruteman
Apr 15, 2003

Can I ask ya somethin', Padre? When I was kickin' your ass back there... you get a little wood?

Well. After a week of no bugs or other weird poo poo, and after finding a nice, mild, flourishing world to build my base on, the game just starts randomly CTDing with no warning. Can't reproduce it, it's happening on different areas of the planet.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
How do you plant things? I'm trying to plant coprite for the farmer but the hydroponics box won't let me do anything.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
The latest PS4 patch granted me the missing frigate fuel blueprint and restored my ability to warp from the freighter :woop:

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

NeurosisHead posted:

How do you plant things? I'm trying to plant coprite for the farmer but the hydroponics box won't let me do anything.

go into base building, right beside "portable items" is farming and choose the plant you wanna farm and build it in the hydroponics box.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"

SubNat posted:

Some other goon explained it earlier in the thread, or atleast how to abuse it.

When the game gens a system, it also gens multitools for the station, and for each planet. (Aka the Design/name/type, the planet ones are the ones you'd find in various settlements where you can buy them. ) It seems like the Rank and the actual multitool get generated separately, or are stored separately.

Alongside that, if you save + reload on a planet, that planet's multitool will overwrite the station one. Meaning that what would be an A-rank 'Rad Rifle of the Stars' on the planet, would suddenly be an S-Rank 'Rad Rifle of the Stars' on the station. I assume this is a bug.

But in practice that means that if you end up in a system where the multitool on the station is A or S rank, then you can just fly around to each planet, drop a save point, save, reload, fly back to the station, and that planet's weapon will be at the station, at A/S rank.

So, sorry to say if I got your hopes up: There isn't a special, S-ranked station with 6 multitools in it when you go to the store. I just flew to 5 different planets to see if it would gen me a decent multitool or no.

The way I read it, the system itself will only have one rank. So if you go to the station and see a B class multitool then each planet will still get you a B class one, just a different style.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I haven't seen a single Exotic or Alien multi-tool since NEXT. :mad:

Kinda feel dumb for erasing my pre-NEXT save, if for no other reason than to see how completely hosed up my base and ship were.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

I seem to have an invisible quest to destroy a Planetary Depot. It's not in my log, but the system is marked with the icon on the warp portal or galaxy map, and the mission guy lets me try to abandon missions (but the selection is blank) when I'm pretty sure they didn't used to do that. Is there any trick to clear it?

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

precision posted:

I haven't seen a single Exotic or Alien multi-tool since NEXT. :mad:

Kinda feel dumb for erasing my pre-NEXT save, if for no other reason than to see how completely hosed up my base and ship were.

I got sooooooooooo many tech modules from my prepatch ship. I still gotta claim my base to see what happened to it. I think I only had storage though and some rooms though.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
Started a new save just to see how things are different and holy poo poo there’s no way in hell I can go back to playing with garbage sprint distance and jetpack fuel. Time to see how jacked up my old base in and see what my planet turned into!

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
sure is cool when this game doesnt let me summon my fully fueled ship because "cant land here" despite that not being true

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme
Finally got my blue engine and the first planet around a blue star had these floating ferrite obilisks.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Bruceski posted:

I seem to have an invisible quest to destroy a Planetary Depot. It's not in my log, but the system is marked with the icon on the warp portal or galaxy map, and the mission guy lets me try to abandon missions (but the selection is blank) when I'm pretty sure they didn't used to do that. Is there any trick to clear it?

Try taking and completeing any other "destroy a depot" mission.

You can take like 30 of them, destroy one depot and it marks them all as complete.

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

Is the multi-tool you get from stations right next to the dude who sells multi-tool upgrades? Cause it won't let me interact with those multi-tools at all...

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

d0grent posted:

Is the multi-tool you get from stations right next to the dude who sells multi-tool upgrades? Cause it won't let me interact with those multi-tools at all...

You have to stand in a certain spot next to the door that pops open on the left, it's finicky.

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

DyneAvenger posted:

This exact thing happened to me and what I "did" was simply to keep playing. Suddenly when I warped back to the system where my armorer is stationed the quest got marked as completed so....get lucky I guess.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

RBA Starblade posted:

Really? How?

Middle click alters some of the functionality, dunno if that's one of them (if you're on a console that's the "pick up portable gadget" button)

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -
I'm obviously missing something simple here but my brain isn't putting it together atm: I just bought my first to extra ships to add to my collection down at a trading post on a planet - how do I get those two ships up on board my freighter??

Obviously if I fly one up to park it on the freighter I have no way of flying/teleporting back down to grab the other two...

Edit: lol nevermind apparently my intergalactic valet moved them on board when I wasn't looking

Duke Chin fucked around with this message at 07:06 on Aug 3, 2018

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

victrix posted:

No way. The first thing I tested when I got that thing was seeing how many resources I'd get with small orb vs big orb and big orb always returned more resources. Go figure it's probably only _slightly_ more and small orb is a net gain in total.
But that begs the question, what is your mineral-per-second with small vs big. :P

Hey so I'm confused about something. Ya'll keep reposting those ingredients needed to make superconductors but... don't you need to find the bp for superconductors and everything below it in order to make them in the first place? It's not like you can combine those materials in a refinery to make one.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

ToastyPotato posted:

I got sooooooooooo many tech modules from my prepatch ship. I still gotta claim my base to see what happened to it. I think I only had storage though and some rooms though.

How do you claim your old base? I have a storage unit I can't build or get access to because it's somewhere ~~in the Ether~~ after the next update and I can't get the blueprint reader machine to work and that Home Base Restoration mission is broken

E: and what the heck is the Base Salvage Capsule for?

Dackel
Sep 11, 2014

d0grent posted:

Being in the right spot to interact with those tools is a minigame in itself

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013

3 posted:

I want to add that carbon is in fact farmable; the standing planters you get from the base building quests not only look great as decorations but regenerate every few minutes and give you something in the ballpark of 50 carbon per harvest:

Anybody know how to get the planter blueprint ?
I emptied the blueprint analyzer, finished the farmer and scientist questlines and still don't have it.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Macaluso posted:

I've seen people building bases around the abandoned buildigns and buildings walls and poo poo but THIS is the way to do it IMO:

... uhh that doesn't work for me at all, though. Are you supposed to use it or something?

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

Krogort posted:

Anybody know how to get the planter blueprint ?
I emptied the blueprint analyzer, finished the farmer and scientist questlines and still don't have it.

I am assuming that some people (like me) that went straight from a release save to a NEXT game are missing lots of blueprints and stuff that were added in previous expansions to this game. For example the blueprint analyzer (which they have fixed now) but I am assuming there are other blueprints missing. I'm playing a release save and I am also missing this blueprint.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

DaveKap posted:

No way. The first thing I tested when I got that thing was seeing how many resources I'd get with small orb vs big orb and big orb always returned more resources. Go figure it's probably only _slightly_ more and small orb is a net gain in total.
But that begs the question, what is your mineral-per-second with small vs big. :P

Hey so I'm confused about something. Ya'll keep reposting those ingredients needed to make superconductors but... don't you need to find the bp for superconductors and everything below it in order to make them in the first place? It's not like you can combine those materials in a refinery to make one.

"Everything below it" isn't necessary, traders sometimes sell the parts you need. Just have the BP for the trade good and you're good to go.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

TjyvTompa posted:

I am assuming that some people (like me) that went straight from a release save to a NEXT game are missing lots of blueprints and stuff that were added in previous expansions to this game. For example the blueprint analyzer (which they have fixed now) but I am assuming there are other blueprints missing. I'm playing a release save and I am also missing this blueprint.
Yes, tons of poo poo is broken if you don't start a new save.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

DaveKap posted:

Yes, tons of poo poo is broken if you don't start a new save.

Honestly I haven't had many problems. I have a freighter, several bases and I completed all the missions from the different employees you have. I have reached the last atlas station, gotten all blueprints for the fuels, living glass et.c., the new atlas stone replacement thingys and so on. I am at the end of the Artemis questline (doing the mercenary/explorer quests now).

The biggest bug I have had so far stemmed from joining a friends game and visiting his base (apart from the missing blueprints of course). The game got very confused about who's base it actually was and kept sending me to his base for the "base computer access" mission. Oh and there's also the issue that whoever "discovered" a planet last will be listed as the discoverer. You might have noticed that even though your friend has discovered a planet and all the animals and plants on it someone who sees the planet for the first time can discover it all over AND upload it. The animals and plants will still be listed as discovered by the original discoverer but the planet itself will change to the last person to upload it.

I also have the bug where any symbols I unlock aren't saved which I think is related to having a release save.