Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Rock Polish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rebonack7
Aug 27, 2015

quote:

You decide your best chance is to do is the Queen ordered. So you rub the carving of the turtles until it’s shiny and green. Sadly, you set it aside and continue with your work.

A few minutes later, you glance at the pile of carvings. Hey! It’s only half as big as it was before!

Afterward, you’re never sure if you really polished all those stone carvings yourself or if some hidden force helped you. All you know is, by the end of the second hour, every single one of the carvings has been buffed until it glows.

You’re hanging up the last one when the Queen returns.

“NO!” she screams. “THIS IS ALL WRONG! You did it! You polished all the carvings! Nobody’s ever done that before!”

Is she going back on your deal? The idea makes you so mad you forget to be scared. “Well, I did,” you declare. “And we made an agreement.”

“I know, I know,” the Queen grumbles. She sighs. “All right, I’ll stick to it. First, your friends.” She stabs a finger at the ceiling. The carving of the turtles begins to glow green.

POP! A moment later Stacey and Jason stand beside you. You stare at them and rub your eyes. You can barely recognize them!

What has happened to your friends?

quote:

“Stacey!” you cry. “Jason! Is it really you?”

“Of course it’s us!” Jason replies.

“But you’re so – so clean!” you exclaim. “You both have new haircuts. And new clothes!” Jason and Stacey stare at each other. Then they glance down at their new clothes. “Cool!” Stacey cries. “How did this happen?” Jason asks.

“You got polished,” the Queen mutters. “What did you expect?”

You’re ready to leave this place. “You promised to let us use your mirror,” you remind the Queen. She glares at you, then opens a secret panel in the wall. A round, gold-framed mirror appears. You and the twins rush up to it and gaze in.

“Look!” Stacey cries. “There are words it!”

You peer at the swirling letters in the glass. You’re sure the words are instructions for returning to your own world. There’s only one problem. They’re in a strange writing.

If you can read this secret writing, you know what to do. Turn to PAGE 107.

If you can't read it, go to PAGE 93 for a hint.

I'm just going to go ahead and skip this choice, since the answer is obvious (especially after going through a whole adventure's worth of mirror-related shenanigans) and asking for the hint just takes us to a hastily-drawn picture of the text in a mirror.

quote:

Now you know the secret of escaping from the mirror world. All you need to do is step backward through a mirror.

You thank the Queen and rush back to the entrance hall. You and your friends turn your backs on the largest mirror, then step backward into it. You feel that strange, rubbery feeling again, like walking through Jell-O.

The next thing you know, you’re back in Professor Shock’s garage!

You and the twins gaze around. Everything looks normal. The mirror leans against the wall. The big colored switches are off.

“Let’s get out of here!” you exclaim.

You and the twins hurry through the front part of the garage. It’s still piled with junk. But you don’t feel like doing any more cleaning. You just want to get away from this place!

The front door is open. You can see your bikes, right there in the yard.

Then a dark figure looms in the doorway.

Professor Shock! And he’s blocking your way out!

“Oh, no you don’t!” he exclaims. “You’re not leaving now – not after what you’ve done!”

He holds up a strange-looking black box with a long tube on one end. He aims the tube at you. “Don’t move!” he shouts.

quote:

You can’t believe it! After everything you’ve been through. this crazy old man has pulled some kind of ray gun on you!

“We’re sorry!” you exclaim. “We know we weren’t supposed to go in the back room.”

“We didn’t mean to!” Stacey adds. “Let us go!”

“Please, don’t shoot us!” Jason begs.

“Shoot you?” Professor Shock looks annoyed. “But you made it through the mirror world. No one’s ever done that! I must capture the moment! Now, just step into the light so I can shoot a couple of pictures. Then you can leave.”

You’re not sure you heard correctly. Pictures?

“You mean that’s a camera?” Stacey asks.

“Yes,” the professor replies. “I invented it myself. It’s very special.” As he talks, he clicks away. “You see, once I’ve photographed you, you can step into the film negative and find yourself in a negative world. I’m sure you’d love it...”

You’ve heard enough. “Sounds cool, Professor,” you say as you push Jason and Stacey toward their bikes. “But we have to go now. Maybe some other day.” Maybe some other lifetime!

But as you ride away, Stacey’s already starting to say, “it might be fun. Maybe we should come back tomorrow...”

“No way!” you shout. “I’ve had enough. And that’s

THE END!"

And that's the end of the mirror world path. Honestly, I thought this one was pretty entertaining, even if we didn't see much of Professor Shock until near the end. It's a pity it's so easy to beat, though.

Character Sheet posted:

Inventory
Empty

:siren:Goal Endings: 1/2:siren:

Bad Endings
Deformed hideously by traveling through a fun house mirror.

Achievements
Sideshow Survivor: Saw the Loreo and lived to tell the tale.

Our options posted:

• Pull the red switch.
  • Enter the mirror with our reflections.
  • Split up to escape the bull.
  • Enter the mirror in the tent.
  • Ask the policeman for help.
  • Try the green door.
  • Enter the Queen's room without Professor Shock's advice.
  • Lie to the Queen.
  • Pocket the turtle figurine and run.

Rebonack7 fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Jul 29, 2018

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
I'd like to see what happens when you lie to the queen before we move on.

The Prof seems like a pretty cool guy.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

We did it. :toot:

PumpkinBat
Oct 22, 2012
That went surprisingly well. It seems that polishing the statues was indeed some sort of magical test for integrity, and the Queen was bound by her word as the Fae usually are.

Before lying to the Queen, first let us fail the test and make off with the statues!

Rebonack7
Aug 27, 2015

Tied again. Next vote for lying to the Queen or running off with the turtle statues takes it.

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

"Is this the ideal world that you envisioned?"
"I guess you could say that."

Pillbug
Cheese it!

Rebonack7
Aug 27, 2015

quote:

Quickly, you slip the turtle carving into your pocket. You glance around. The room is empty – who could be watching you? Still, you can’t help feeling as though there are eyes on you. Hidden eyes.

Nervously, you reach for another carving and start polishing. Better keep busy in case anyone comes in while you’re planning your escape.

Then the door slams open.

“HOW DARE YOU TRY TO STEAL MY CARVING?” the Queen rages. She towers over you. Her blotchy face is twisted in fury.

“I – I didn’t mean –“ you stammer. “It was just –“

“SILENCE!” the Queen orders. “I thought you were honest. But you betrayed my trust!” She grabs you by the arm. “Now you’ll have to be punished!”

quote:

The hideous Queen marches you to a mirrored, revolving door at the end of the room.

“Ow!” you exclaim. Her bony fingers are biting into your flesh!

The Queen positions you in front of the revolving door. Then she gives you a hard shove in the back. You stumble forward.

“Whoa!” you shout as you whirl around and around.

When the door finally stops revolving, you’re completely dizzy. You take a few weaving steps and then raise your head and gaze around.

Wow! You’re in a hall of mirrors! Everywhere you turn, you see reflections of yourself. You frown. Your hair looks messy.

No time to worry about that, though. You’ve got to get out of here and keep searching for the Queen’s mirror.

Now, where was that revolving door? You turn to the left.

Your face smiles back at you.

You go right.

There you are again.

Your heart thuds as you realize: You have no idea where the revolving door is. Among all these mirrors, it could take you years to find it again. You’re stuck. In a hall of mirrors.

And the worst part is, you’re having a bad hair day!

THE END

Honestly, this would've been a bad plan even if we'd escaped with the figurines. We have no idea how to turn them back ourselves, and the Queen would probably be on high alert since she already knows we're after her mirror.

Character Sheet posted:

Inventory
Empty

Goal Endings: 1/2

Bad Endings
:siren:Trapped in an endless maze of mirrors.:siren:

Achievements

Our options posted:

• Pull the red switch.
  • Try the green door.
  • Lie to the Queen.

Rebonack7 fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Jul 29, 2018

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Lie to the Queen.

Rebonack7
Aug 27, 2015

quote:

Better think up a lie! “We came here by accident,” you say. “We were just about to leave –“

“LIAR!” the Queen thunders. “I know why you’re here! My mirror tells me everything!”

“Then you know we’re trying to get back home!” you exclaim. “Please, won’t you turn my friends back –“

“Your friends will remain carvings,” the Queen says coldly. “But you won’t join them. Not yet, anyway. Not as long as you do what I want.” She smiles.

It’s not a nice smile. “Wh-what do you want?” you ask.

“I told you, my mirror tells me everything,” the Queen answers. “Except how beautiful I am. For that, I need you.”

“You want me to lie to you?” you blurt out.

The Queen scowls. “Are you saying I’m not beautiful?”

“Of-of course not, Your Highness,” you stammer. You gaze at her hideous, blotchy face. “You’re actually, uh, very pretty.”

“That’s better,” the Queen murmurs. She smiles. “Tell me, what do you think of my nose?”

Uh-oh. The Queen wants lies. If you don’t keep telling them to her, you’ll be turned to stone. This could go on for a long time. A very long time.

To tell the truth, this looks suspiciously like

THE END.

And this is why we don't try to bluff monsters with omniscience-granting magical artifacts.

Character Sheet posted:

Inventory
Empty

Bad Endings
Trapped in an endless maze of mirrors.
:siren:Forced into service as the Queen's personal flatterer.:siren:

Achievements

Our options posted:

• Pull the red switch.
  • Try the green door.

Rebonack7 fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Jul 29, 2018

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Uhhh... split up to escape the bull?

PumpkinBat
Oct 22, 2012
Since we're here, let's search around the palace

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Let's go pull the red switch.

rudecyrus
Nov 6, 2009

fuck you trolls
Enter the mirror with our reflections

Rebonack7
Aug 27, 2015

I think this might be the first time we've managed a four-way tie. We'll go with the next vote for splitting up to escape the bull, entering the Queen's room without Professor Shock's advice*, pulling the red switch, or entering the mirror with our reflections.

*I listed this as an option instead of searching the rest of the Palace because that's exactly what electing to search the rest of the Palace does - it takes us into the Queen's room without the scene where Professor Shock tells us not to touch the Queen's stuff. I added the latter option to make this clearer if we went back for it later, but forgot to remove the former option. I'll be editing previous posts to fix this.

Rebonack7 fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Jul 29, 2018

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Pull the red switch.

Rebonack7
Aug 27, 2015

Okay, that robot's been sitting on the cover for a while now. Might as well check out what it does.

quote:

You decide to try the red switch. You reach up behind the giant robot and flip the switch to ON.

At first nothing happens. But then the robot’s eyes blink open. Red pinpoints of light shine out of them. It swivels its head. Left. Right. Left. Right.

“Whoa. Excellent!” Stacey exclaims.

“It looks dangerous,” Jason complains.

You think the robot is the coolest thing you’ve seen in a long time. “Maybe we can make it clean up the garage!” you suggest.

You aren’t sure how to control the robot. You try pushing it toward the green door. The metal man’s arms wave clumsily in the air. Then it takes a jerky step forward.

“This is great!” Stacey says.

Even Jason agrees, for once. “We won’t have to do any work at all now!” He whacks the robot enthusiastically on its copper back as it lumbers by him. “Go to it, pal.”

The robot blinks. Gears whir.

Then it spins around and grabs for Jason’s throat.

“Help! It’s gone crazy!” Jason shouts. “Stop it!”

quote:

Your eyes widen in horror. The robot is trying to strangle Jason! “Duck!” you shout.

But when Jason ducks out of the way, the robot doesn’t seem to notice. Instead it lurches wildly across the room. Bangs into the wall. Spins around. Walks into a chair. Next, it starts knocking things off the tables. Its arms whirl like windmills, smashing into everything that’s near them.

The robot is out of control! You wonder if Jason knocked its circuits loose when he whacked it on the back.

“Turn it off!” Stacey screeches.

Snapping out of your horrified daze, you start for the back of the shop. You’ve got to reach the red switch!

Oh, no! The robot is moving toward Professor Shock’s desk. It’s stacked with books and complicated charts. A flat, black box with rows of buttons balances atop a pile of papers.

“No!” you shout. Professor Shock will boil you in oil if you let the robot mess up his work. You leap toward the desk. If you can only move the papers out of the way...

But the robot is faster. SMASH! CRASH! Its metal arm sweeps across the desktop, knocking everything to the floor.

At that moment Professor Shock rushes through the door.

quote:

"What are you kids doing?" Professor Shock demands. Dashing to the red switch, he turns it to OFF. A grinding sound, like a dying car engine, comes from the robot. Slowly its arms stop swinging. Its legs stop churning. Its head falls forward and clangs against its copper chest.

An awful silence falls over the room.

You gaze around at the horrible mess. The flat, black box from the desk is lying in two pieces at your feet. Trying not to draw attention to yourself, you pick them up and stuff them in your pocket. Maybe you can fix the box later.

Professor Shock steps toward you. His face is red with anger. "I thought I told you not to come in here!" he growls.

"Let's go!" Stacey cries. She and Jason bolt out the door.

You really want to follow them. But maybe you ought to apologize instead and offer to help clean things up.

What will it be?

Follow your friends out the door on PAGE 54.

Apologize and offer to help on PAGE 26.

Character Sheet posted:

Inventory
:siren:Broken Black Box:siren:

Bad Endings
Forced into service as the Queen's personal flatterer.

Achievements

PumpkinBat
Oct 22, 2012
Being honest and good has served us well so far. Plus, we're the one who flipped the switch.

Apologize and make restitution.

rudecyrus
Nov 6, 2009

fuck you trolls
Apologize

Friend Commuter
Nov 3, 2009
SO CLEVER I WANT TO FUCK MY OWN BRAIN.
Smellrose
We done goofed, Prof.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Wow, our friends suck.

At least they haven't fed us to a monster yet, I suppose.

Rebonack7
Aug 27, 2015

Well, dealing with the Queen in the mirror world drilled the importance of honesty into our heads. Let's try taking responsibility for our actions.

quote:

“I’m sorry,” you tell Professor Shock. “We didn’t mean to come in here. And we didn’t mean to make the robot go nuts. It was all an accident!”

“What about the damage?” the old man thunders. “You’ve caused thousands of dollars worth of damage!”

You gulp. “I’ll work to help pay for it,” you offer.

“You’ll pay, all right,” Professor Shock mutters. He glances around. “Where’s my remote control? I left it on my desk.”

“You mean this?” Guiltily, you pull the two pieces of the flat, black box from your pocket.

“You broke it!” the professor screams. “What will I do now?” Then his eyes narrow thoughtfully. “Never mind. I just figured out what you can do to pay me back. Follow me.”

Nervously, you follow the old man out of the garage and into his house. As soon as he opens the door, loud squawks fill your ears.

“In here,” Professor Shock shouts above the noise.

You stop and stare. The living room is even stranger than the garage.

quote:

The only furniture in the professor’s living room is a big armchair. It’s surrounded by dozens of televisions. All are on, their volume cranked up. It’s so noisy you can’t think!

The professor seats himself in the chair and then turns to you with a smile. “I like to watch all the TV sets at once!” he shouts. “But I hate to get up and change the channels. Since you broke my remote, you can change them for me!”

“But –“ you start to object.

“Get to it!” he orders. “Or do you want me to call your parents and tell them what you did?”

Quickly, you shake your head.

“Good.” The professor leans back in his chair. “Change that one to channel 33,” he tells you, pointing at one of the TVs. “Then turn the volume up on that one. Then change that one over there to channel 72. Then fix the picture on that one...”

You dash around the room, trying to follow his orders.

“Faster!” Professor Shock commands.

There isn’t even time to catch your breath! It’s awful. You love to channel surf. But not like this!

Professor Shock might keep watching forever. But for you, the show’s over. It’s

THE END

Honestly, I feel like we kind of deserve this. After all, we snuck into a mad scientist's private room against his specific instructions, broke all his stuff, and possibly kicked off a robotic uprising, then expected him not to devise some kind of spiteful karmic punishment for us just because we said sorry.

Character Sheet posted:

Inventory
Broken Black Box

Bad Endings
:siren:Stuck working off our debt to Professor Shock as a human remote control.:siren:

Achievements

Our options posted:

• Try the green door.
  • Follow your friends out the door.

Friend Commuter
Nov 3, 2009
Smellrose
Well, gently caress Professor Shock, then. Let's go into the Queen's room without his advice.

PumpkinBat
Oct 22, 2012
Once again, Professor Shock is surprisingly (shockingly :cheeky:) benign. I was sure he was about to use us in an experiment.

Let's pretend we never heard what he said, and enter the Queen's room sans advice.

Rebonack7
Aug 27, 2015

quote:

“I want one of those carvings too,” you cry and reach for a little onyx guitar.

A single, piercing tone rings in your ears.

Then everything becomes quiet. Very quiet.

You try to glance around. Hey! You can’t move your head! In fact, you can’t move any part of your body...

You can feel yourself swaying. Stone walls glide past your eyes. Back and forth. As if you’re on a rope swing.

Then a gust of wind spins you around. Your heart skips a beat. You’re staring at a life-size stone carving of a girl. A girl that looks a lot like Stacey. It swings from a thick chain, next to an equally large carving of a red rose.

How’d they get a carving of Stacey? you wonder. And what about that stone rose? Isn’t that the same one Stacey was trying to pick? Somehow it got bigger. Or... you got smaller.

A chill runs through you. Now you realize what happened.

You’ve become one of the carvings in the Queen’s chamber!

You catch sight of yourself in a mirror as you swing by it. It’s true. There you are, in gorgeous green marble. Forever young – that’s nice. But also forever frozen, dangling from a chain – which is not so nice.

Hang in there, kid!

THE END

No real surprises here. Unless you count continuity in a Give Yourself Goosebumps book as a surprise.

Character Sheet posted:

Inventory
Empty

Bad Endings
Stuck working off our debt to Professor Shock as a human remote control.
:siren:Transformed into one of the Queen's carvings.:siren:

Achievements

Our options posted:

• Try the green door.

rudecyrus
Nov 6, 2009

fuck you trolls

Friend Commuter
Nov 3, 2009
Smellrose

rudecyrus posted:

Sounds like fun.

Rebonack7
Aug 27, 2015

quote:

“It’s obvious,” you declare. “We’ll go through the mirror that shows our own reflections. That’ll take us back to the real world.”

“Are you sure?” Jason asks anxiously.

You stand in front of the mirror and gaze in. Behind your three reflections is a familiar scene.

“Look!” Stacey exclaims. “It’s Miller’s.”

When you see the ice-cream store, your last doubts vanish. Miller’s is in your neighborhood. When you step through this mirror, you’ll practically be home!

“Let’s go!” you urge and step forward.

But as your foot moves toward the mirror, your reflected face twists in terror. Your reflected mouth opens as if you’re screaming.

You feel your real face. It seems normal. Your mouth is closed. What’s going on?

“Our reflections! They’re going crazy!” Jason declares.

“Something is scaring them,” Stacey adds. Then she gasps. “Hey, look! They’re running away! Quick! Let’s go after them!”

“And get caught by whatever is scaring them?” Jason scoffs. “No way! I say we stay right here. They’ll come back.”

What do you think?

If you go after your reflections, turn to PAGE 9.

If you'd rather wait and see what happens, turn to PAGE 42.

Character Sheet posted:

Inventory
Empty

Bad Endings
Transformed into one of the Queen's carvings.

Achievements

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus
Reflections are backwards, so if they're running away in fear it must be something really good! Let's follow them!

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

But by that logic, if we chase them, wouldn't that mean they'd get farther away?

Let's stay here.

Friend Commuter
Nov 3, 2009
Smellrose
Oh, I love this show! Let's watch.

PumpkinBat
Oct 22, 2012
I wonder what mirror-image ice cream tastes like!

Follow them!

Rebonack7
Aug 27, 2015

Tied, next post takes it.

Also, does anyone know how to change the title of a thread? I've been wanting to change it for a while now, but I haven't been able to figure out how to do it.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

We're not gonna let our reflections have fun without us!

I think you gotta get a mod to do it.

Rebonack7
Aug 27, 2015

quote:

“We’d better go after our reflections,” you say. “What if they don’t come back? We can’t go through life without them. We’ve got to catch up!”

You thrust your foot at the mirror. It slides right through! A tingle runs up your leg.

And then you’re on the other side.

Stacey and Jason pop through a moment later. The three of you are right in front of Miller’s Ice Cream. The sun is shining. The air is full of familiar scents and sounds.

“We are home,” Jason says. “This is great!”

You point to the plate-glass store window. Everything is reflected there – everything but the three of you. It’s very creepy.

“We have to get our reflections back,” you say firmly. “Come on. They must be in the store.”

But when you enter the ice-cream store, there’s no one there but the cashier. A white ceiling fan circles lazily.

Stacey steps up to the cashier. “Excuse me,” she says. “Did three kids just run in here? Three kids who look a lot like us?”

Jason nudges you. “There they are,” he whispers, pointing to a big mirror on the right-hand wall.

You run over and peer into the mirror. “HEY!” you shout.

quote:

“Oh, no! It’s happening again!” Stacey cries.

She’s right. Once again, your reflections are shrieking in soundless terror. Yours throws up its hands. Stacey’s starts to tremble. Jason’s puts its hands over its eyes.

Then, just as before, they turn and run away!

“Wait!” you scream. Lunging forward, you dive headfirst into the big mirror. Jason and Stacey are right behind you.

Your body tingles. Then you tumble out onto the wooden floor of an empty ice-cream parlor. A moving shadow makes you look up.

A white ceiling fan circles lazily overhead.

You’re in Miller’s!

“Not again!” Stacey exclaims.

“It’s déjà vu,” Jason moans.

This time, the mirror is on the left-hand wall. You peek at your reflection. And as soon as you lock eyes, it happens again. The screaming. The running away.

Finally, you get it.

Your reflection is running away from... you!

You don’t know why. All you know is, you’ve got to keep after your reflection until you catch it.

Even if it takes the rest of your life...

THE END

At least we can stop for ice cream when we get tired! Then again, since everything's backward in the mirror world, ice cream probably tastes like castor oil or something. But we're going through a sequence of recursive reflections - as evidenced by the mirror switching walls - so maybe it flips back to tasting good every other mirror...

I really need to stop overthinking these things.

Character Sheet posted:

Inventory
Empty

Bad Endings
:siren:Stuck chasing our reflections through an infinite series of mirrored ice cream shops.:siren:

Achievements

Our options posted:

• Try the green door.
  • Wait for our reflections to come back.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

But by that logic, if we chase them, wouldn't that mean they'd get farther away?

Let's stay here.

Rebonack7
Aug 27, 2015

quote:

“I agree with Jason,” you announce. “Let’s wait here for our reflections. They have to come back.”

You hope!

Your words were brave enough. But the empty mirror is giving you major creeps. Shivering, you turn your back to it. “I mean, who ever heard of a reflection that could exist on its own?” you go on. “Right, guys?”

There’s no answer.

“Guys?” you repeat.

“Uh...” Stacey’s voice is very faint. When you glance at her, her eyes are like two saucers. She’s staring at the mirror.

You spin around.

Yikes!

quote:

A giant, blood red eye is staring back at you.

It’s so big it fills the entire mirror. Its pupil is just a slit, like a cat’s eye. And its expression is pure evil.

Jason screams. And screams!

“Don’t worry,” you manage, though your throat is dry with fear. “It can’t get us. It’s on the wrong side of the mirror, remember? It’s just a reflection. A trick of some kind.”

You really hope you’re right about that!

“It’s getting smaller,” Stacey whispers. “I think maybe it’s backing away.”

You force yourself to study the eye. Stacey’s right – it is getting smaller. What a relief! Everything’s going to be all right, you think.

Until you notice the giant hand. With clutching, groping fingers and long, talonlike nails.

The hand that’s reaching right through the mirror.

Reaching for you!

“I thought you said it couldn’t get us!” Jason yells.

The giant hand closes around you. Then it starts to squeeze.

Okay. You were wrong. But don’t feel too crushed about it!

THE END

Character Sheet posted:

Inventory
Empty

Bad Endings
Stuck chasing our reflections through an infinite series of mirrored ice cream shops.
:siren:Crushed to death by a giant from the other side of a mirror.:siren:

Achievements

Our options posted:

• Try the green door.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

O...kay?

Let's trust a cop, what could go wrong?

Friend Commuter
Nov 3, 2009
Smellrose
Compared to that thing, what harm could trusting the police do?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

loving mirrors, how do they work? :argh:

Please assist, officer.